Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,127 members, 7,818,378 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan (1702 Views)

2015 Election: Top 10 Indications APC Wasn't Ready To Rule Nigeria / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Appswheel(m): 8:27am On Dec 23, 2014
Mr. President you had my support during the 2011 general elections. 4 years after, you have taught me a hard lesson - Nothing great happens by luck.

Below are reasons why I will not support Mr. Ebele Goodluck Jonathan re-election ambition.

1.COMPENSATING HUMAN LIFE WITH MONEY
Remember the slain Corp Members; aftermath of 2011 general elections? President Jonathan’s administration response was to pay a compensation of 5 million naira to the families of the slain Corps Member. The most recent of the compensation is those of the Chibok girls.

The “compensation” development tells me that the president has only one solution to terrorist acts. MONEY! Can money buy life?
The compensation for the Chibok girls parents/family, what exactly was it meant for? A replacement for the girls? We need a President who will employ intellectual weapon to minimize, curb and fight terrorism.

2.INSENSITIVITY TO NATIONAL ISSUES
A day after the Nyanya bomb blast, my President took to the streets of Kano for a political rally. I consider this act inhuman and unexpected of a responsible leader.

3.CHOICE OF WORDS
“We are on top of the situation”, each time a suicide bomber succeeds in cutting short the lives of innocent Nigerians, Mr President reassures Nigerians that he is on top of the situation.

We shall do our best to contain the situation……..” is more appropriate for a President who is struggling to contain the excesses of the terrorists.

Stealing is not corruption……” My president made this statement on National TV. The dictionary may not define corruption as stealing. Insight defines it as a derivative of Corruption. I expect Mr. President to know better.

4.TRYING TO WIN NIGERIANS OVER WITH SYMPATHY
It is said that some cabal threatened to make the country ungovernable for his administration. I do not expect any individual, Nigerian to be bigger than the law and the President.

Mr President, the sympathy formula is not working anymore. As president you are expected to use your position, authority to expose, contain and subdue the so called cabal.

5.CORRUPTION
I do not know what Corruption is by Mr. Presidents definition. Corruption as grown to maturity under Mr. Presidents watch.
All corrupt cases unveiled under the current administration has been swept under the carpet.

6.DISREGARD FOR RULE OF LAW
President Musa Yar’adua worked so hard to promote the rule of law during his short reign; President Jonathan is working harder to destroy it - he is succeeding.

7.INABILITY TO BRING BACK OUR GIRLS
Today makes it 252 days since innocent girls were abducted from their examination center in chibok. The present administration have not been able to bring back our girls either dead or alive.

What happens in the case of a reoccurrence?? President Jonathan has failed to bring back the girls; if there is a reoccurrence what will happen?

8.KEEPS MUTE WHEN HE SHOULD SPEAK UP
We have read in the papers, how tompolo and Asari dokubo will make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan fail is re-election bid. Mr President has not made any public statement to disassociate himself and government from these claims.

9.EASILY DISTRACTED
Mr President listens more to his sycophants than the suffering masses. His verbal fighters always on the alert to throw tantrums with the opposition. Rather than silence his critics with commendable, outstanding performances Mr President surrounds himself with okupe & co – men that are best known for “running their mouths”.

10.MISCELLANEOUS
Subsidy removal without putting the necessary palliative measures in place………

Excess Crude Oil Revenue Reserve…………… emptying our common purse on overheads......

A stadium is known as a place for sporting activities, sometimes in Nigeria, it a venue for social events - musical concerts etc

A serving minister under the administration of President Jonathan saw it fit to conduct a job test in a stadium. The president saw nothing wrong with this. As usual, he bought over the survivors of the stampede that resulted during the exercise with money by offering them automatic job placement.

Rather than query the process that brought about the stampede, death of Job applicants. An unintelligent decision of offering automatic jobs was made - if there could be automatic job placement why conduct the test?

My Grandma whosays the President sheepish smiles is not one of boldness, confidence and ability. She said it denotes weakness, unreliability and insecurity. She said this a long time ago; it took me time to understand what she really meant – the words of elders are indeed words of wisdom.

If Mr President has really impressed Nigerians he would not need to raise 21 billion Naira for re-election.

My advice to all Nigerians is, Make sure you participate in the 2015 election. Do not vote along religion, ethnic lines. Think about the unborn generation as you make your choice.

We need a positive change in Nigeria. Vote for positive Change.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by alabiyemmy(m): 8:29am On Dec 23, 2014
A very weak attempt to discredit Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Appswheel(m): 8:32am On Dec 23, 2014
alabiyemmy:
Oga, call it whatever you like. Thats my honest position on his administration. He has lost my support and respect. Come Feb 14, I will join millions of other Nigerians to vote him out.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by alabiyemmy(m): 8:34am On Dec 23, 2014
Appswheel:
Oga, call it whatever you like. Thats my honest position on his administration. He has lost my support and respect. Come Feb 14, I will join millions of other Nigerians to vote him out.

and who says you are not free? That you won't vote for him is never an indication that others, in millions wont vote for him. Deal with that simple fact.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Nobody: 8:39am On Dec 23, 2014
Na u sabi.....list no list.......GEJ 2019
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by miracle4(m): 8:41am On Dec 23, 2014
Here's mine

1. He's from the minority
2. He didn't borrow a leave from OBJ (that decimated a whole village in few days) in the fight against BokoHaram
3. He didn't usurp authority to influence EFCC in punishing corrupt persons and the opposition

More to come.....
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by ilaugh1: 8:44am On Dec 23, 2014
List or no list, its GEJ all the way.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by simplyme3(f): 8:45am On Dec 23, 2014
Eat your list buddie. By the time God crowns GEJ again, you will be silent forever.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Adurangba(f): 8:46am On Dec 23, 2014
The OP is in delusion. Keep parading your list while we vote in GEJ once again.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2014
[s]
Appswheel:
Mr. President you had my support during the 2011 general elections. 4 years after, you have taught me a hard lesson - Nothing great happens by luck.

Below are reasons why I will not support Mr. Ebele Goodluck Jonathan re-election ambition.

Remember the slain Corp Members; aftermath of 2011 general elections? President Jonathan’s administration response was to pay a compensation of 5 million naira to the families of the slain Corps Member. The most recent of the compensation is those of the Chibok girls.

The “compensation” development tells me that the president has only one solution to terrorist acts. MONEY! Can money buy life?
The compensation for the Chibok girls parents/family, what exactly was it meant for? A replacement for the girls? We need a President who will employ intellectual weapon to minimize, curb and fight terrorism.

A day after the Nyanya bomb blast, my President took to the streets of Kano for a political rally. I consider this act inhuman and unexpected of a responsible leader.

3.CHOICE OF WORDS
“We are on top of the situation”, each time a suicide bomber succeeds in cutting short the lives of innocent Nigerians, Mr President reassures Nigerians that he is on top of the situation.

We shall do our best to contain the situation……..” is more appropriate for a President who is struggling to contain the excesses of the terrorists.

Stealing is not corruption……” My president made this statement on National TV. The dictionary may not define corruption as stealing. Insight defines it as a derivative of Corruption. I expect Mr. President to know better.

It is said that some cabal threatened to make the country ungovernable for his administration. I do not expect any individual, Nigerian to be bigger than the law and the President.

Mr President, the sympathy formula is not working anymore. As president you are expected to use your position, authority to expose, contain and subdue the so called cabal.

5.CORRUPTION
I do not know what Corruption is by Mr. Presidents definition. Corruption as grown to maturity under Mr. Presidents watch.
All corrupt cases unveiled under the current administration has been swept under the carpet.

President Musa Yar’adua worked so hard to promote the rule of law during his short reign; President Jonathan is working harder to destroy it - he is succeeding.

Today makes it 252 days since innocent girls were abducted from their examination center in chibok. The present administration have not been able to bring back our girls either dead or alive.

What happens in the case of a reoccurrence?? President Jonathan has failed to bring back the girls; if there is a reoccurrence what will happen?

We have read in the papers, how tompolo and Asari dokubo will make Nigeria ungovernable should Jonathan fail is re-election bid. Mr President has not made any public statement to disassociate himself and government from these claims.

9.EASILY DISTRACTED
Mr President listens more to his sycophants than the suffering masses. His verbal fighters always on the alert to throw tantrums with the opposition. Rather than silence his critics with commendable, outstanding performances Mr President surrounds himself with okupe & co – men that are best known for “running their mouths”.

10.MISCELLANEOUS

Excess Crude Oil Revenue Reserve…………… emptying our common purse on overheads......

A stadium is known as a place for sporting activities, sometimes in Nigeria, it a venue for social events - musical concerts etc

A serving minister under the administration of President Jonathan saw it fit to conduct a job test in a stadium. The president saw nothing wrong with this. As usual, he bought over the survivors of the stampede that resulted during the exercise with money by offering them automatic job placement.

Rather than query the process that brought about the stampede, death of Job applicants. An unintelligent decision of offering automatic jobs was made - if there could be automatic job placement why conduct the test?

My Grandma whosays the President sheepish smiles is not one of boldness, confidence and ability. She said it denotes weakness, unreliability and insecurity. She said this a long time ago; it took me time to understand what she really meant – the words of elders are indeed words of wisdom.

If Mr President has really impressed Nigerians he would not need to raise 21 billion Naira for re-election.

My advice to all Nigerians is, Make sure you participate in the 2015 election. Do not vote along religion, ethnic lines. Think about the unborn generation as you make your choice.

[/s]

COMPENSATING HUMAN LIFE WITH MONEY-Tell Buhari to stop killing people after losing elections.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by AjaraEwuro: 8:47am On Dec 23, 2014
who cares if you vote for him or not? Keep your vote to yourself, left those who will vote vote.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by bronxdog: 8:48am On Dec 23, 2014
GEJ till 2019. Go siddon OP.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by gamerod: 8:49am On Dec 23, 2014
GEJ till infinity. OP try other means.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by handsome2(m): 8:50am On Dec 23, 2014
OP, why not add more? The more you try, the more your principal Buhari fails. GEJ today, yesterday and tomorrow.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Appswheel(m): 8:51am On Dec 23, 2014
Mogidi:
[s][/s]

COMPENSATING HUMAN LIFE WITH MONEY-Tell Buhari to stop killing people after losing elections.

Buhari did not kill anybody. If he did it is GEJ duty to bring him to justice. As much as that is not done Buhari is free of all allegations.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by igochopurs(f): 8:52am On Dec 23, 2014
Your effort is weak and lame OP. What GEJ has achieved is enough to send this your list to hell fire forever.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Caseless: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2014
alabiyemmy:
NO! You are too weak to understand what he wrote; they're general knowledge , but not to namby-pamby like you.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Njoy1(f): 8:53am On Dec 23, 2014
whatever. We all know its GEJ will Buhari accepts Jesus Christ.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Caseless: 8:53am On Dec 23, 2014
igochopurs:
Your effort is weak and lame OP. What GEJ has achieved is enough to send this your list to hell fire forever.
duck, are u blind?
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by walakolobo: 8:54am On Dec 23, 2014
Jihadist like them OP. Lets run the list of his achievements. Who cares if you vote for him or not?
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by alabiyemmy(m): 8:56am On Dec 23, 2014
Caseless:
NO! You are too weak to understand what he wrote; they're general knowledge , but not to namby-pamby like you.

Abuse and name calling will get you no where. Try harder next time.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by igochopurs(f): 8:57am On Dec 23, 2014
Caseless:
duck, are u blind?

your mama and papa na ducks and fools.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Mogidi: 8:59am On Dec 23, 2014
Appswheel:

Buhari did not kill anybody. If he did it is GEJ duty to bring him to justice. As much as that is not done Buhari is free of all allegations.

He didn't kill anybody but his supporters did. Buhari waited days before coming out to calm his supporters, now instead of blaming the instigator of the riots, you're here blaming GEJ.
The blood of those 800 people that were killed would continue to hunt Buhari, that's why he never wins elections.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Appswheel(m): 9:04am On Dec 23, 2014
grocery:

miracle4:
Here's mine
2. He didn't borrow a leave from OBJ (that decimated a whole village in few days) in the fight against BokoHaram
3. He didn't usurp authority to influence EFCC in punishing corrupt persons and the opposition
More to come.....
ilaugh1:
simplyme3:
Eat your list buddie. By the time God crowns GEJ again, you will be silent forever.
Adurangba:
The OP is in delusion. Keep parading your list while we vote in GEJ once again.
AjaraEwuro:
who cares if you vote for him or not? Keep your vote to yourself, left those who will vote vote.
bronxdog:
GEJ till 2019. Go siddon OP.
gamerod:
GEJ till infinity. OP try other means.
handsome2:
OP, why not add more? The more you try, the more your principal Buhari fails. GEJ today, yesterday and tomorrow.
grocery:

You can say whatever you like. You are too emotional about GEJ. I was once in your shoes but I have grown beyond that phase. I am objective in my position and have the unborn generation in mind. If we must build a better Nigeria for them Jonathan needs to give way for a better leadership. I have not said buhari is the awaited messiah. If he gets to power and fails to impress, we would equally vote him out.

I pray you do not lose your siblings, parents to a bomb blast; if you do, you will understand a fraction of the pains that is felt by many Nigerians.

I am a Nigerian, I seek for a better leadership of this country.

Note: Keep this thread free of insults. You do not have to use abusive language to express your thoughts.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by NgeneUkwenu(f): 9:06am On Dec 23, 2014
Only a foolish tribal man would vote for jonathan!

He will lose by a wide margin next year!
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by alabiyemmy(m): 9:07am On Dec 23, 2014
Appswheel:

You can say whatever you like. You are too emotional about GEJ. I was once in your shoes but I have grown beyond that phase. I am objective in my position and have the unborn generation in mind. If we must build a better Nigeria for them Jonathan needs to give way for a better leadership. I have not said buhari is the awaited messiah. If he gets to power and fails to impress, we would equally vote him out.

I pray you do not lose your siblings, parents to a bomb blast; if you do, you will understand a fraction of the pains that is felt by many Nigerians.

I am a Nigerian, I seek for a better leadership of this country.

Note: Keep this thread free of insults. You do not have to use abusive language to express your thoughts.

Just as you were free to run your impressions of Jonathan and his government, others ae free to do the same. Dont make it seem like you have a better opinion - its just an opinion, not facts.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Appswheel(m): 9:15am On Dec 23, 2014
alabiyemmy:

Just as you were free to run your impressions of Jonathan and his government, others ae free to do the same. Dont make it seem like you have a better opinion - its just an opinion, not facts.

Yea... My opinion. thinking aloud.. like you rightly noted, Everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Caseless: 9:17am On Dec 23, 2014
alabiyemmy:
alabiyemmy:

and who says you are not free? That you won't vote for him is never an indication that others, in millions wont vote for him. Deal with that simple fact.
miracle4:
Here's mine
More to come.....
ilaugh1:
Njoy1:
grocery:
Njoy1:
these are students taught by gej at C.O.E- they're shallow-minded and clueless.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by chernest2002: 9:24am On Dec 23, 2014
Appswheel:

3.CHOICE OF WORDS

5.CORRUPTION

9.EASILY DISTRACTED

10.MISCELLANEOUS

you alone can't make him loose since you are blind in his achievements,then elect the one who will take away this freedom of speech and religion which you enjoy now,one who does nothing to better Nigerians life in his first dictatorial regime,one who is hell-bent on bringing sharia over christian and Muslims,may be you have not seen beheading and amputation that is going on now in northern Nigeria,may god give you wisdom to make a good choice my fellow citizen.
Re: 2015 Election: Top 10 Reasons Why I Will Not Vote For Jonathan by Miscellaneous(m): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
buhari knows he has lost. He doesnt needs a soothsayer.... is he that dumb? Well, maybe him & his supporters don't know the power of incumbency.

The north has taken us for a ride way too long, hausa specifically... Go to abuja & visit those government houses, your heart will bleed for the ibos & southerners... almost all are occupied by these hausa barons. I just dislike hausa for this their greed ..... I just pity easterner, southerner, westerner that votes a northerner.... they will continue to reduce us to nothing... it's a shame.

When they saw jona(southerner) was ruling, they were bittered & many northerners vowed never to forgive obasanjo for making jona who he is in nigeria. To quickly formed a party called apc(union of some parties) just to remove jona & they lied that they want to remove pdp( insincerity started the very 1st day)....smh

Personally, I dislike jonathan even if he is from south.... he pursues an ijaw agenda.. correct. But buhari is not a better substitute. So I will vote for jona even if he marginalises people (e.g itsekiris in delta). As a matter of fact, jonathan success in 2015 polls determines the success of all easterners & southerners in life.… many won't understand.

To all southerners , easterners & westerners... lets come together & decide the future of nigeria. If any region I just mentioned doesnt want to, let the others still unite & take a stand. One thing I love about the northerners is their unity and that is why out of 54yrs since our independence, they have ruled 38years(smh)...... were have we been...? They have dealt with us & the truth is that they don't run the nigerian economy- the niger delta oil does. But, surprisingly, all the oil wells in nigeria are owned by the northerners. How can u be in the north & control our resource in the south? Oh no! I am pained………… oh no! !!!!!.. Well, God will help ………i rest my case.

But for those who think jona they give me money.... just know he doesnt gives me one kobo & I even hate jona but buhari na cast. I am just a concerned nigerian student - the next generation nigerian from the south.

(1) (Reply)

POWER!!CBN Disburses 1ST Batch Of N213b Intervention Fund To Discos And Gencos / President G E Jonathan's 'completed' Ph.d Thesis Has Been Found At Uniport / BUHARI SICK: dragged From london Hospital bed For Photo with Tonyblair

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.