Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,731 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

"Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin (17851 Views)

RCCG Will Produce A President - Pastor Adeboye / Redeemed Christian Church Of God Will Produce A President -pastor Adeboye / Only God Knows Nigeria’s Next President — Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 9:42pm On Nov 17, 2010
i no wan post before.

Adefarasin said that there are about 100 million Christians in Nigeria who must  determine who becomes the president of their country, adding that most of them have  taken the back seat and allowed Muslims to rule the country for long.

Adefarasin, who was preaching at the Eko Hotel and Suites in Lagos, Nigeria, blamed  the predominance of muslim leaders in the country on the disunity in the church.

“The church is divided among itself,” he said.

Adefarasin said that the polity has been Islamized for long and Christians must wake  up and pray against it.

“Nigerians used to be the most educated people in the world until the likes of  Abacha and the Murtala Muhammed came and scattered our educational system to slow  down the South so that the North can catch up, instead of speeding up the North,”  Adefarasin said.

READ MORE: http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2010/11/15/adefarasin-tasks-christians-on-presidency/

http://.com/not-vote-for-a-muslim-president-pastor-paul-adefarasin/

Response: http://chxta..com/2010/11/letter-to-paul-adefarasin.html
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by dplordx(m): 9:57pm On Nov 17, 2010
Yeah yeah yeah!

And we've had hypocritical Pastors pray for them and assure them to "Carry Go!".
And several Christians serving as co-looters.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by hakanai(m): 10:40pm On Nov 17, 2010
typical crazed fanatic on the loose. undecided
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 17, 2010
me i no know waiting concern religion for this
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 11:03pm On Nov 17, 2010
@poster
The pastor is correct, history doesn't lie.
The best muslim presidential candidate will always drag us back to stone age 200 years compared to other countries, by way of sharia, limiting indistrialization such as beer industries, limiting 50% of the population(women) from active participation in national life, frustrating modern western education, and installing boko haram/sharia mentality, etc.
The pastor's reference point was northern Hausa/Fulani muslims, not Yoruba muslims, because none has ever become president. I agree 100%.
Hausa/Fulani muslims need to be kept away from the presidency until Nigeria recovers from their abuse.

1 Like

Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2010
naijaking1:

@poster
The pastor is correct, history doesn't lie.
The best muslim presidential candidate will always drag us back to stone age 200 years compared to other countries, by way of sharia, limiting indistrialization such as beer industries, limiting 50% of the population(women) from active participation in national life, frustrating modern western education, and installing boko haram/sharia mentality, etc.
The pastor's reference point was northern Hausa/Fulani muslims, not Yoruba muslims, because none has ever become president. I agree 100%.
Hausa/Fulani muslims need to be kept away from the presidency until Nigeria recovers from their abuse.
bros i be christian, to me religion has noting to do with bad or good governance, it all about intention that all
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 1:43am On Nov 18, 2010
ActiveMan:

bros i be christian, to me religion has noting to do with bad or good governance, it all about intention that all

You see, this is the sort of ignorance that has befallen Nigerian christians for so many years.
While christians believe that religion has nothing to do with governance(secularism), most Hausa muslims believe that a true muslims must be governed in a "muslim way", such as sharia, pudah, and spending a major part of our national resources in sponsoring people to go loaf around piligrimage to Saudi Arabia.
To those many muslims, there is no seperation between religion and governance, Christians like you simply have to wake up. Once you know that, you'll undersatnd what the good pastor was saying.

2 Likes

Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Dawgpound: 1:50am On Nov 18, 2010
Many Nigerian christians are educated morons.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 1:52am On Nov 18, 2010
naijaking1:

You see, this is the sort of ignorance that has befallen Nigerian christians for so many years.
While christians believe that religion has nothing to do with governance(secularism), most Hausa muslims believe that a true muslims must be governed in a "muslim way", such as sharia, pudah, and spending a major part of our national resources in sponsoring people to go loaf around piligrimage to Saudi Arabia.
To those many muslims, there is no seperation between religion and governance, Christians like you simply have to wake up. Once you know that, you'll undersatnd what the good pastor was saying.

GBAM! You get sense!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Osama10(m): 2:13am On Nov 18, 2010
I wish to peep into how next year's election is going to look like now.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 2:18am On Nov 18, 2010
If religion has nothing to do with governance, why are young christian girls in the north forced to dress islamic, and are subjected to the sharia police in Kano? Let's not talk about buying, selling, or drinking alcohol as allowed in our national constitution?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 2:19am On Nov 18, 2010
@Osama Bin Laden

Babangida will win. In 2015, Igbos will go their way, Yorubas will go their way and the North will turn into another Iraq/Afghanistan.
Enough of this whining, let everyone go their own way jor. Oti su mi.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by aljharem(m): 2:20am On Nov 18, 2010
Osama10:

I wish to  peep into how next year's election is going to look like now.

me to brother! cheesy

even before the election, see wahala for nija grin
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Osama10(m): 2:22am On Nov 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Osama Bin Laden

Babangida will win. In 2015, Igbos will go their way, Yorubas will go their way and the North will turn into another Iraq/Afghanistan.
Enough of this whining, let everyone go their own way jor. Oti su mi.

Are you really sure?
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by aljharem(m): 2:23am On Nov 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

@Osama Bin Laden

Enough of this whining, l[b]et everyone go their own way jor. Oti su mi. [/b]

ki lo su eee, why are u tried

Me ya sa ka yi ƙoƙari

we northerners will never ever allow any secedtion so get use to nigeria and ur husband wink
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 2:25am On Nov 18, 2010
Osama10:

Are you really sure?

80% sure

alj harem:

ki lo su eee, why are u tried

Me ya sa ka yi ƙoƙari

we northerners will never ever allow any secedtion so get use to nigeria and your husband wink

Not up to you trigger-happy people anymore. If the Yoruba decides to go. . . .honey, Nigeria is done since the Igbos want to leave too.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Osama10(m): 2:27am On Nov 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

80% sure

Lets be watching.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Dawgpound: 2:31am On Nov 18, 2010
I support the preacher. Nigerian muslims up north are cavemen not worth having around talkless having leadership position coz they will lead everyone to hell.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 18, 2010
Dawgpound:

I support the preacher. Nigerian muslims up north are cavemen not worth having around talkless having leadership position coz they will lead everyone to hell.

Very ironic, because a typical Christian believes [b]you [/b]are going to hell, because of your sexuality. undecided
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by EzeUche0(m): 2:45am On Nov 18, 2010
Ileke-IdI:

Very ironic, because a typical Christian believes [b]you [/b]are going to hell, because of your sexuality.  undecided

That is true,

Chineke you are well endowed! God has bless u o! shocked
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by koruji(m): 2:48am On Nov 18, 2010
You support the preacher? He is not making sense.

Can Christian votes alone win an election?
What if the Mullahs start telling muslims not to vote for a christian president?
So, he is suggesting that our rulers are bad because they are muslims, and not that they are bad rulers who happen to be muslims. And you agree with that?
What about all the christians in the NASS and the governors, why are they just as incapable as their muslim counterparts?

Religious bigotry is not the solution to Nigeria's problems, it is actually a source of more problems.

Certainly, we need to insist on our religious rights. Pastor Adefarasin could have come up with a list of imperatives to address the obvious religious intolerance in the North, and advise everyone to demand it from the presidential candidates. Heck, he should start a campaign on this basis and take it to the North as part of his constitutional right - but a blanket don't vote for a muslim president achieves nothing in the first instance, but also makes things worse by encouraging hardline positions on all sides!

Dawgpound:

Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 3:05am On Nov 18, 2010
koruji:

You support the preacher? He is making sense.

Can Christian votes alone win an election?
What if the Mullahs start telling muslims not to vote for a christian president?
So, he is suggesting that our rulers are bad because they are muslims, and not that they are bad rulers who happen to be muslims. And you agree with that?
What about all the christians in the NASS and the governors, why are they just as incapable as their muslim counterparts?

Religious bigotry is not the solution to Nigeria's problems, it is actually a source of more problems.

Certainly, we need to insist on our religious rights. Pastor Adefarasin could have come up with a list of imperatives to address the obvious religious intolerance in the North, and advise everyone to demand it from the presidential candidates. Heck, he should start a campaign on this basis and take it to the North as part of his constitutional right - but a blanket don't vote for a muslim president achieves nothing in the first instance, but also makes things worse by encouraging hardline positions on all sides!

I could have said the same thing before I went for my NYSC in Kano. There's religious bigotry on the ground already, electing a tolerant christian candidate is one way out.
Don't worry about people voting strictly along religious basis, if that happens, it will show that muslims are in the minority, no matter how much noise they make.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by koruji(m): 3:17am On Nov 18, 2010
Yes, we agree on the existence of religious intolerance in Northern Nigeria. Having the courage to confront it by insisting on our rights is the solution.

Think about the fact that this bigotry got worse under OBJ because, though christian, he lacked the courage to enforce the constitution, since that would have gone against his "daily bread".

What we need is courage with or without a christian president to take the religious intolerance up north to task.

This call is like the call by some muslim/chauvinist bigots asking that no woman be nominated for elections. Same thing with the attempt to keep the christian deputy governor of Kaduna State from taking over after Sambo became VP. That this call came from a christian doesn't make it any different. Besides, it would fail woefully, even if a christian president were elected, if citizens don't demand reform.

naijaking1:

I could have said the same thing before I went for my NYSC in Kano. There's religious bigotry on the ground already, electing a tolerant christian candidate is one way out.
Don't worry about people voting strictly along religious basis, if that happens, it will show that muslims are in the minority, no matter how much noise they make.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Ericology(m): 4:40am On Nov 18, 2010
naijaking1:

To those many muslims, there is no seperation between religion and governance, Christians like you simply have  to wake up. Once you know that, you'll undersatnd what the good pastor was saying.

Ur head dey work well, gbaam
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by AloyEmeka5: 5:14am On Nov 18, 2010
Muslims under attack again. Thank God I am not involved.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by sgsltd(m): 5:22am On Nov 18, 2010
only God knows the best ,even many nigerian xtien are bad and evil

Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Nobody: 5:58am On Nov 18, 2010
Being a Christain does not automatically translate to being a good leader. This Pastors message is full of ignorance and half truths in most cases outright falsehood. I dont blame him some people down south have set assumptions about people from the North. For example not all of us down North are Hausa. There are over $50 tribes and languages in the North, InPlateau alone there are a 120 lauguages spokens, in Bauchi, 0ver 60, in Borno over 40 different languages. 2. Not all Northers are moslems. A personal example, during my service year, a fellow corper from one of the south west states who had probably spent his years in the same place walked up to me while i was taking a cup of icecream to ask me if I knew what ice cream was and if that was my first time of tasting Ice cream, i let the guy ride in his ignorance and told him, yes it was my first time and ice cream is too cold for me. The guy was grinning and i was feeling sorry for his foolishness.
Pastor reminds me of that guy. What do you say about Moslem Leaders like fashola and Christain leaders Like Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Joshua Dariya, james Ibori. People are bad and good irrespective of their religions. Am happy that religious leaders are taking more interest in politics but they should pass the right message. I went to his Church once in Lagos, in the whole 2 hour show where he kept going on and on only one phrase made sense, the rest was like a one man stage play. Going on about his designer collection and his cars
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by Kilode1: 6:00am On Nov 18, 2010
Religious bigotry is an unfair and immoral campaign strategy. It is also not an effective public policy for a country like Naija.

Adefarasin goofed!
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by igboboy1(m): 6:08am On Nov 18, 2010
aisha2:

Being a Christain does not automatically translate to being a good leader. This Pastors message is full of ignorance and half truths in most cases outright falsehood. I dont blame him some people down south have set assumptions about people from the North. For example not all of us down North are Hausa. There are over $50 tribes and languages in the North, InPlateau alone there are a 120 lauguages spokens, in Bauchi, 0ver 60, in Borno over 40 different languages. 2. Not all Northers are moslems. A personal example, during my service year, a fellow corper from one of the south west states who had probably spent his years in the same place walked up to me while i was taking a cup of icecream to ask me if I knew what ice cream was and if that was my first time of tasting Ice cream, i let the guy ride in his ignorance and told him, yes it was my first time and ice cream is too cold for me. The guy was grinning and i was feeling sorry for his foolishness.
Pastor reminds me of that guy. What do you say about Moslem Leaders like fashola and Christain leaders Like Alao Akala, Gbenga Daniel, Joshua Dariya, james Ibori. People are bad and good irrespective of their religions. Am happy that religious leaders are taking more interest in politics but they should pass the right message. I went to his Church once in Lagos, in the whole 2 hour show where he kept going on and on only one phrase made sense, the rest was like a one man stage play. Going on about his designer collection and his cars

Bush girl these people are neither muslim nor christian leaders. A christian leader would be adeboye, oritsejafor etc muslim leader would be sultan of sokoto, emir of kano, Boko haram leader etc.

In fact in most cases for the north their political leaders are their religious leaders also because over there they interwine religion and politics.

In the south far from it. No southern governor would ever fight for christian/bible based governance. NEVER, that is most likely in the North
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by knotty(m): 6:14am On Nov 18, 2010
alj harem:

we northerners will never ever allow any secedtion so get use to nigeria and your husband wink

This is the kind of word they want us to use as a nation. These so called northerners should just wake up, they are dragging us back.
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by naijaking1: 6:39am On Nov 18, 2010
aisha2:

My point!
That's why christians in the north have somehow continued to be stepped-on by minority muslims. Christians are denied jobs, state positions from Nassarawa to Adamawa to Borno, and this is what the so-called northern christians are saying. grin
Let's see how turning the other cheek like a bubble-head will work in 2010 cool
Re: "Do Not Vote For A Muslim President" - Pastor Paul Adefarasin by BaboonYansh: 6:45am On Nov 18, 2010
No matter how bigoted the pastor sounds, unfortunately he is right as his Christian religion teaches bigotry. Christianity encourages them to take over all facets of life and enshrine their christian principles everywhere.

With many religions preaching this sort of intolerance its no wonder why Nigeria ever the religious society is in the blackhole.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Dozy Mmobuosi Calls For Peaceful Election,urges Nigerians To Come Vote Massively / National Awards: Adenuga Receives GCON, 148 Others On The List / Cleric Calls For Christian Governor In Lagos State Elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.