Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,927 members, 7,810,563 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion (1941 Views)

Rccg Pastor's Daughter Insists Islam Is Her Religion Of Her Choice / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? / I Was Paid To Lie Against Pastor T. B. Joshua; Bisola Johnson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Seye(m): 3:11pm On Sep 29, 2005
She is fast turning a liar. She’s a receptionist by profession and most times, due to the sensitive nature of her job, she’s usually forced to lie.

“He’s in a meeting”, “He’s not around”. The boss is around and she was instructed to lie that he’s not around.

In situations like this. What do you advise. She’s a Born again Christian.

Her religion says Don’t lie. Her job encourages her to lie.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by vexxy(f): 3:30pm On Sep 29, 2005
Say he/she is unavailable at the moment.

If they don't want to take the call, it means that they are unavailable to speak with the caller at that time.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Seye(m): 3:35pm On Sep 29, 2005
If the visitor prefer to wait.
And the boss doesn't want to see the visitor. (He may be owing, who knows)
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by vexxy(f): 4:01pm On Sep 29, 2005
Again say that this person is unavailable and you do not recommend them to wait.  To please come back when they've scheduled an appointment.  Or say that when the person becomes available he/she will contact them.

Other than that, if they wish to leave a message with [the receptionist] they are more than welcome to do so.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by hotangel2(f): 6:59pm On Sep 29, 2005
Vexxy.. it ain't that easy.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by vexxy(f): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2005
Hum, I'm sorry. That's how it works around here. I've been an Admin Assistant for 3 years, I ran dispatch for security for 1 year, and a front desk worker and I've learned that sometimes you have to get rough with them but still keep it from becoming a lie. They will most definitely get the hint. wink
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by hotangel2(f): 7:12pm On Sep 29, 2005
I guess.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by vexxy(f): 7:15pm On Sep 29, 2005
But I know it's different for everyone. Just thought it'd help.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by hotangel2(f): 7:17pm On Sep 29, 2005
yeah it did. I was actually thinking abt what you said. It's more like lying in a truthful manner. You really wouldn't be lying.. which keeps you in track/truthful to ur religion.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by DEKING3(m): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2005
It's actually part of the challenge that comes with that kinda work. All professions have their challenges is all a mater of how capable you can handle it without getting yourself entangled in trouble.

Vexxy has spoken well but there are people who would say that they know whoever they want to see is around but has refused to see them and pick-up a quarrel with the receptionist.

I'ld advise just like vexxy said, he/she, is not available at the moment. That's diplomacy. It would mean you lying or disobedient to official orders.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by kamakula: 7:38pm On Oct 03, 2005
lying in a truthful manner?

If you call and say you want to speak to so and so, and I tell you the person is unavailable to talk to you - even if the person is right there - I am not lying. If the person said they're not taking calls from you or anyone else, then that means they are not available to talk to you. There is no truthful lying involved.

Like when you are very sick and your parents ask you to do some chore, you say you are sick. Are you sick to the point where you could not do the work? No. Are you lying, No. Do your parent's take the hint - well. . .that's up to them.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by vexxy(f): 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2005
thank you, Kamakula. This makes agreement #2! grin
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Scorpio(f): 1:29am On Oct 04, 2005
I second Kamakula. then again, if this person is in 9ja where it's hard to get a job xcept if u know someone, she has no choice than to lie. (i know it's not good, but wat can one do)
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Motee(f): 11:09am On Oct 04, 2005
The simplest answer is "he is unavailable at the moment"...you are not lying. It’s now for you to take up your duty as a receptionist and move further by saying.....may I take your number while I get back to you the moment his available? Or I will make sure he gets back to you.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by silverbird(f): 2:03pm On Oct 04, 2005
Well, i agree with Motee. An adage says 'say the truth and it will set you free'. She should simply tell whoever is asking after him that he is unavailable. If the visitor want to wait for him, let him wait. when he is tired of waiting, he/she will leave.
There are some cases that she won't have a choice than to tell lies. In this case, it depends on what she already laid down. If she already make the Boss to know the kind of person she is,the boss will not even think of telling her to tell lies. He might put it to her at first, it now depends on her reply. If she accepts, then she can't escape it as long as she works there. If she rejects politely stating her reasons, she won't be troubled again.
Above all, it depends on the grace of God. Since she is a born again christian and she believes, then she have no problem if she is doing the right thing.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by kamakula: 2:25pm On Oct 04, 2005
what are the cases where she will have to tell lies?

Her boss runs in and says, tell nobody I'm here, then the police come in searching for him?

Seriously, what situations exist where she would be forced to tell a lie in a work situation?
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by goodguy(m): 5:59pm On Oct 05, 2005
silverbird:

An adage says 'say the truth and it will set you free'.

It's not an adage. It's a verse in the Bible grin
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Scorpio(f): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2005
cheesy
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by hotangel2(f): 7:52pm On Oct 05, 2005
Now that's HILARIOUS!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by SirKay3(m): 8:03pm On Oct 05, 2005
You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. John 8 verse 32.

Since her mind is condemning her, let her quit the job pls. I consider diplomacy as professional lieing, which is ungodly. Let's not justify sin in the light of putting food on your table. The Bible says if your right hand will make you sin, then cut it off, for it is better for you to enter heaven maim than enter hell with all your body members.

So quit the job pls, God'ld make way where there seems to be no way and shall provide another job for you
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by goodguy(m): 8:41pm On Oct 05, 2005
my brother, e no easy oooooo!!!
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by SirKay3(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2005
Sure e no easy, but God'ld surely help out if you really want to please HIM
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by goodguy(m): 8:58pm On Oct 05, 2005
yeah u're right. smiley
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by vexxy(f): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2005
You are right, God will help you out. He will also provide you with wisdom. Saying that one is unavailable does not count as a professional lie. Infact, simple work place ethics policies prohibit lying.

Saying he/she is unavailable would be speaking the truth.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by trisha: 9:12am On Dec 20, 2005
hey a lie is a lie and God hates a lying tougue,there is nothing like a white or a black lie christians shouldnt lie no matter what circumstances they find themselves coz immediately you tell a lie you gonna be looking for another lie to cover up the first lie and another to cover the second lie and evntually you become a perpetual lies teller
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by mekoyo(m): 11:05am On Feb 10, 2007
No matter the situation, she is not supposed to lie. She has to face her boss and say no to him.
Christians are not supposed to fear, they are to be courageous and stand for the truth at all times.

Sir, with all due respect, i am a child of God, a born again christian, looking forward to meet my Jesus on that final day and i cant afford to loose that all in the name of a job. I cant lie.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Chiori(m): 4:47am On Jul 27, 2007
Christianity is not being stupid. At times some dirty job needs to be done. After all, don't we have born again career diplomats? Don't we have SSS officers who are born again? These are professions that require a lot of lying. So let the lady be. She has no case.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Kuns: 5:09pm On Jul 27, 2007
Your pastors lies too you lot every sunday when he tell you Jesus is coming Soon. It's over two thousand and eight years and we are still waiting , I thought the pastor said coming soon. undecided

The pastor lied when he told you Someone died for your sins, no one can die for your sin, because if someone died for your sins then why are you all still sinning.

The Pastor lied when he said Jesus was the only begotten son of God.

If the pastor and pastoress were telling the truth then who are the sons of God spoken about in Genesis 6:2-4 if Jesus was the only begotten son of God? (John 3:16)?

All believers are liars. That's why when you look in the middle of the word BE[b]LIE[/b]VE, you will see the word LIE .

You shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free. John 8 verse 32.
This a lie. The bible never said this.
Why do believers like too misquote the bible to suit the religious be[b]lie[/b]f (myths).

John 8 : 32 and I quote "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

Do you know the difference between set and make?

Make you free means you have to make yourself free with know[/b]ledge of the truth which is based on right knowledge, not belief or believe (something you do when you are not sure OR don't know = believe).

[b]Definitions of know on the Web:

be cognizant or aware of a fact or a specific piece of information; possess knowledge or information about; "I know that the President lied to the people"; "I want to know who is winning the game!"; "I know it's time"

know how to do or perform something; "She knows how to knit"; "Does your husband know how to cook?"

be aware of the truth of something; have a belief or faith in something; regard as true beyond any doubt; "I know that I left the key on the table"; "Galileo knew that the earth moves around the sun"

be familiar or acquainted with a person or an object; "She doesn't know this composer"; "Do you know my sister?"; "We know this movie"; "I know him under a different name"; "This flower is known as a Peruvian Lily"

have firsthand knowledge of states, situations, emotions, or sensations; "I know the feeling!"; "have you ever known hunger?"; "I have lived a kind of hell when I was a drug addict"; "The holocaust survivors have lived a nightmare"; "I lived through two divorces"

acknowledged as the true heir to the throne"; "We do not recognize your gods"
have fixed in the mind; "I know Latin"; "This student knows her irregular verbs"; "Do you know the poem well enough to recite it?"

know the nature or character of; "we all knew her as a big show-off"

be able to distinguish, recognize as being different; "The child knows right from wrong"

the fact of being aware of information that is known to few people; "he is always in the know"

perceive as familiar; "I know this voice!"
wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

Knowledge is the awareness and understanding of facts, truths or information gained in the form of experience or learning (a posteriori), or through introspection (a priori). Knowledge is an appreciation of the possession of interconnected details which, in isolation, are of lesser value.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Know

Belief is ignorance
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by Chiori(m): 8:20pm On Jul 27, 2007
Kuns, God punish you thoroughly for this slight on the bible. You are worse than Satan.
Re: Her Job Encourages Her to Lie: Contrary to Her Religion by solomonorigbo: 12:36pm On Dec 16, 2012
Every job is not meant for a person,if it is true that u actually don't like to lie, u can actually ask God for a better job him alone is ever true he can give you another one.have it in mind dat lieing is a sin .

(1) (Reply)

I’m An Ogboni Chief Says Guru Maharaj Ji / Is Mysticism Evil? / Make 2009 The Year Of Atheist Activism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.