Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,101 members, 7,811,100 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water (51706 Views)

Lassa Fever: Don’t Drink Garri With Cold Water – NMA Chairman / Dangers Of Drinking Cold Water / Stop Taking Drugs With Soft Drinks, Expert warns (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Ucloaded01: 9:49pm On Apr 23, 2022
Cold water slows dissolution of drug in the stomach and onset of drug action, so the best is to take drugs with warm water.
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by assholemods: 10:09pm On Apr 23, 2022
it's not advisable to drink cold water because Theory’s state that cold
water actually causes blood vessels in
the stomach to shrink. Actually, room
temperature water is better for
hydration than cold water. WHO
KNEW!?
Doctors say that drinking water at room
temperature is better because the body
has to use energy to heat the cold water
to body temperature which will result in
water loss. Studies indicate that the
problem with cold water is that as the
liquid passes through our system, the
temperature solidifies fats from the
foods we’ve just eaten and the body in
turn finds it hard to digests the
unwanted fats from our bodies.. So since cold water has negative effect on the body when drinking it ordinarily, i think it's gonna have a more negative effect using it to take drugs... It's more advisable to drink room temperature water!
Abegi! All these medical grammar and nonsense.... water is water. If you follow some of this do and don't you will end up not breathing sef.
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by PhilGreen(m): 10:30pm On Apr 23, 2022
MrSeth:
Meanwhile I take mine with cold juice

2014 post but just hitting front page in 2022

Rare example of "when God decides to pick your call"
Swears!
Even if I get anything to drop for this forum, all this kind old post wey just dey hit front page now go dey discourage me lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by MemoriesAndMe: 10:35pm On Apr 23, 2022
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to learn
After una don answer this one

I get my own question....

What of my bottles with drugs

Imagine post of 2014...na im still make front page last last

Moral of this post..don't give up on the huzzle....
Nobody get solution to your own matter for here. Everybody don leave you for your own corner, allow you carve out your own world out of this small one, and just dey observe. Enjoy bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Gunboysavage(m): 11:02pm On Apr 23, 2022
Awwwwn smiley You're cute.. Can i be your friend?
naniawini:
Bad guy grin grin
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by nurain150(m): 11:11pm On Apr 23, 2022
sinaj:
Sometimes I hear people say things like cold water neutralises drugs but i don't know how true it is and even if it is true how can it be scientifically explained because i don't want guess work or heresy...
Talk to your Pharmacist.
Drug disintegrations differ based on excipients.
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Bamzyriches451: 11:16pm On Apr 23, 2022
Omo! 2014 post just enter front page today
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Zazoopk(m): 12:49am On Apr 24, 2022
Smoke weed and Drink pure water.
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by NaijaTrain: 2:41am On Apr 24, 2022
2014 jeez
That was a very long time ago
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by cenaman(m): 3:46am On Apr 24, 2022
If u check very well the owner of this post is death.

2014 topic making front page in 2022 embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Amayabor1: 4:03am On Apr 24, 2022
Chemical2:
Totally fine to take drugs with cold water. Even better depending on the structure of the active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). Some API-containing ester functional groups will hydrolysis (breaking down of the esters) in warm/hot water thereby reducing the dosage even before the drug gets the chance to be acted on by stomach fluids. Some drugs are also pro-drugs that are meant to form the active API inside the stomach, taking those with hot water may break down the pro-drug thereby forming the active API before getting to the stomach.

Who takes medicine with Hot water Professor? Room temperature water is not hot water.
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Bluebrain101: 4:47am On Apr 24, 2022
sinaj:
Sometimes I hear people say things like cold water neutralises drugs but i don't know how true it is and even if it is true how can it be scientifically explained because i don't want guess work or heresy...

No!!!!!!!!

The rate of disintegration of the drug is proportional to temperature and the also the rate of dissolution
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Bluebrain101: 4:48am On Apr 24, 2022
Chemical2:
Totally fine to take drugs with cold water. Even better depending on the structure of the active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). Some API-containing ester functional groups will hydrolysis (breaking down of the esters) in warm/hot water thereby reducing the dosage even before the drug gets the chance to be acted on by stomach fluids. Some drugs are also pro-drugs that are meant to form the active API inside the stomach, taking those with hot water may break down the pro-drug thereby forming the active API before getting to the stomach.

Professor we dey move toxic
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Lordwheez(m): 5:56am On Apr 24, 2022
it's not advisable to drink cold water because Theory’s state that cold
water actually causes blood vessels in
the stomach to shrink. Actually, room
temperature water is better for
hydration than cold water. WHO
KNEW!?
Doctors say that drinking water at room
temperature is better because the body
has to use energy to heat the cold water
to body temperature which will result in
water loss. Studies indicate that the
problem with cold water is that as the
liquid passes through our system, the
temperature solidifies fats from the
foods we’ve just eaten and the body in
turn finds it hard to digests the
unwanted fats from our bodies.. So since cold water has negative effect on the body when drinking it ordinarily, i think it's gonna have a more negative effect using it to take drugs... It's more advisable to drink room temperature water!

Quick question.... Abeg where you dey get this your misinformation from
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Lama70(m): 6:02am On Apr 24, 2022
YourRealSon:
Please can anyone here buy me data ��

I have transferred the data. Don't bother to show appreciation. What are brothers for?
Please use it responsibly.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Bmaster(m): 6:04am On Apr 24, 2022
Abbeytoy:

Not at all...

But sometimes, we'll always get tired. But it's normal as it's just a nature of human.

I am a warrior and been fighting for past 40yrs... We're not giving up
really.?
I am also a warrior too.
Mine is about 30Yrs now.

We move!

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Revolva(m): 6:26am On Apr 24, 2022
na beer i de use
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Regex: 7:04am On Apr 24, 2022
Whatever you take, before it gets to your stomach, the temperature will be in equilibrium to the one in your body.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by ihustlehard: 7:33am On Apr 24, 2022
atiku4President:
No. Very cold water could reduce the activities of the active ingredients the drug is made of, thereby, reducing its potency.
Lies,
Ur body regulate the water to normal body temperature
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by abeliver: 7:42am On Apr 24, 2022
Children of God don't do drugs/pills
we are covered
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by chimauga(m): 8:25am On Apr 24, 2022
There is what we call solubility in chemistry that means the ability of substance to dissolve in water that is the solubility and there are factors that does affect the solubility of any substance in water as those factors includes temperature surface area UTC so temperature is what we are discussing right now I can dissolve faster in warm or hot water than in cold water what is simply means is that for instance salt dissolves faster in hot water than cold water that means salt is more soluble in hot temperature than in Port Douglas thank you
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by mu2sa2: 8:33am On Apr 24, 2022
This thread deserves a special award for making it to front page on the twenty fourth day of April in the year of twenty twenty- two, after 7 years of waiting courtesy of ogas at the top.
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Anonymoususher: 8:43am On Apr 24, 2022
What about those living in cold regions of the earth like yakust, Greenland and Canada where even a boiling water takes just few seconds to turn ice cold?

The human body is on average 37° celcius , a cold water will warm up before absorption of the drug begins.

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by harmony75: 8:45am On Apr 24, 2022
Water is best for taking your medications hot or cold.. Soft drinks is no no.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by YourRealSon(m): 9:29am On Apr 24, 2022
Lama70:

I have transferred the data. Don't bother to show appreciation. What are brothers for?
Please use it responsibly.
Cheers!

Me not showing appreciation would be so bad on my side so thank you
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Abbeytoy(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2022
Bmaster:
really.?
I am also a warrior too.
Mine is about 30Yrs now.

We move!

Chat me up.

We can motivate each other
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by ejieddy: 10:42am On Apr 24, 2022
I used to think so too, but I took drugs with cold water yesterday night and it worked... I know cos I'm better now. I didn't want to but I was too weak to get another water from the kitchen and d fridge was so close to me. So ..
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by atiku4President(m): 11:59am On Apr 24, 2022
ihustlehard:

Lies,
Ur body regulate the water to normal body temperature
Instead of talking toutishly, while not just google 'what happens when you take drugs with cold water'.
I don't know what you studied, but whatever you studied, your education is useless if you don't know how to present your position. For your information, cold water inhibits normal metabolism process (if you understand) and prevent quick absorption of drug active ingredients into the body.
You can put a piece of chalk into two glasses of water coontaining ordinary water and cold water and observe which piece of chalk will first disolve. Why do you think soluble solids dissolve faster in warm water?

Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by naniawini(f): 12:34pm On Apr 24, 2022
Gunboysavage:
Awwwwn smiley You're cute.. Can i be your friend?
cheesy cheesy cheesy

Sure wink tongue
Re: Is It Right To Take Drugs With Cold Water by Meteng: 2:26pm On Apr 24, 2022
Post from 2014?!!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

16 Signs You May Have HIV Without Knowing–if You Notice NO 6,9 Or 14, See Doctor / Coronavirus: Ganduje Inspects Kano Isolation Centre / Food To Make Kids Fat And Healthy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.