Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:27 PM

Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones (5037 Views)

Have You Seen Freedom 251 Android Phone That Cost N1,000 / Samsung Galaxy S6's Earphones [Pictures] / Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by donlyone(m): 12:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
Some people (Audiophiles that is) want nothing but the best when it comes to the quality of sound produced by musical equipments and they are willing to pay for it. If you are an audiophile, here is a list of earphones designed for you.
In no particular order:

Ultimate Ears UE900s ($400)

When it comes to getting the sound you paid for with in-ear headphones, achieving a perfect ear tip seal is absolutely crucial. The seal also more effectively blocks external noise, so to that end Ultimate Ears includes the biggest selection of tip types and sizes than any other in-ear we know. The UE900s sound is also beautifully balanced and highly transparent.

Aurisonics Rockets ($249)

This is easily the most transparent sounding in-ear headphone I've heard for this kind of money. It's also super-comfortable, solidly built and comes with possibly the longest headphone warranty extant, it runs a full 5 years (review to come).

Sennheiser IE 800 ($800)

These tiny, universal fit in-ears are super-comfy, and the bass-midrange-treble balance is perfect, says the Audiophiliac. This is one of the very best sounding universal-fit in-ears, on par with much more expensive custom molded in-ear designs. There's only one downside, the IE 800 doesn't block external noise as well as the customs.

1964 Ears V6 Stage ($699)

The custom-molded 1964 Ears V6-Stage is a "three-way" design with six balanced armature drivers (dual bass, dual midrange, and dual treble). Each pair of 1964 Ears V6 Stages are made to order, so custom colors, finishes, and artwork can be used to personalize your headphones. This headphone digs deep into the more subtle elements of a recording, so I heard stuff like the singers' breaths and the instruments' textures.

NuForce Primo 8 ($499)

The NuForce Primo 8 is a true audiophile headphone, and while it's expensive, you'd have to spend a lot more to get something better.

Westone ES60 ($1,300)

The Westone ES60 custom molded in-ear is the "quietest" headphone we've heard. Superior noise-blocking makes a huge difference when you're in a plane, bus, train, office, park, or any noisy environment. Unlike noise-canceling headphones that use battery-powered electronics, the ES60 hushes noise by creating a tight seal in your ear canal.

The treble detailing is incredible, so percussion instruments really come alive. Bass is flat-out amazing; when a drummer really hammers his kick drum you feel it. The bass' taut definition, texture, and shading is ahead of the pack. The Westone ES60 is the best sounding in-ear headphone on the planet.

Each ES60 is hand-built in Colorado Springs, Colo.

Would you like to have one of these?

http://www.cnet.com/pictures/this-is-it-the-audiophiliacs-top-in-ear-headphones-of-2014-pictures/

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by donlyone(m): 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
More pictures

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by encryptjay(m): 12:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
Interesting... The owners will pamper em ehn...
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by TrishaP(f): 12:43pm On Dec 23, 2014
I'm not an earphone freak but those are lovely piece tho.
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Abduletudaye(m): 1:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
Cool
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by iykofias(m): 1:22pm On Dec 23, 2014
Earphone for $400, na touchscreen?

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by donlyone(m): 1:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
iykofias:

Guy, the last one on the list na $1300.

Imagine someone buying it to use on his Tecno p5.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by iykofias(m): 1:37pm On Dec 23, 2014
donlyone:

hmm, it is not a small somtin oh
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Nastydroid(m): 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
hmmmn
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Promking: 2:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
$1,300 (#240,000 plus) for ear-piece... Eleyi gidi gan!!

Hope say the wire no fit cut

6 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Elxandre(m): 2:07pm On Dec 23, 2014
wow o: Lovely earphones.
imagine an earphone costing more than the beats by dre!

I can buy them if they really sound better than other expensive earphones!!!
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
They are lovely and unique.......i love it
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Piloeternity(m): 2:53pm On Dec 23, 2014
These are really expensive BUT

Can I speak thru it to God?

1 Like

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Osyxcel(m): 2:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
Promking:
$1,300 (#240,000 plus) for ear-piece... Eleyi gidi gan!!

Hope say the wire no fit cut

Exactly...

Ah go buy am if ah fit use for 500years grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by iamrealdeji(m): 3:15pm On Dec 23, 2014
Hope say one ear no go dey shake later?
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by nani667: 3:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
donlyone:

Tecno P5 won't even recognize the earphones after being plugged

8 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by lilmax(m): 3:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
We will get there
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Stegomiah: 3:20pm On Dec 23, 2014
Am I going to use it forever? What a good way to waste money
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by nani667: 3:38pm On Dec 23, 2014
Unless they used a high grade titanium alloy to coat the wires of the earpiece.... Then I'll know it's well worth the money.... Why buy an earpiece for N300,000 that will still break as easily as a N200 earpiece ?

1 Like

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by donlyone(m): 3:39pm On Dec 23, 2014
Osyxcel:

Exactly...

Ah go buy am if ah fit use for 500years grin grin

500 years ke, as I dey see your name so you no get pass 150years left for this world.
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Osyxcel(m): 3:41pm On Dec 23, 2014
donlyone:

500 years ke, as I dey see your name so you no get pass 150years left for this world.

And ah go pass am to my child or any other person tongue tongue
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by donlyone(m): 3:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
nani667:
Unless they used a high grade titanium alloy to coat the wires of the earpiece.... Then I'll know it's well worth the money.... Why buy an earpiece for N300,000 that will still break as easily as a N200 earpiece ?

Actually they will be more durable, in the original article I think one them has a 5year guarantee.
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by macklef(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2014
Am an ear peice/head phone addict. Thers one earpiece am using now, to be sincere, i bought it for

350 naira wen i was trecking one lonely evening, the production on power AMP is massive.
I just wonder, what will the production of earpiece costing 1300$(over 200,000naira) be like?

Excuse me mr producer, can this earpiece change Terryg/Timaya/jaywon's voice to that of john ledgend?
Because i hate noise.

6 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by bosun11(m): 4:49pm On Dec 23, 2014
nice ear piece but am seriously tired of ear piece now...i intend getting head phones...OP...Any idea??
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by ebukaOtika(m): 5:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
Quickest way to go deaf,,,, try it and see ,,,,
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Kolade9(m): 5:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
I have a westone(the 1,300 one) undecided

The gods speak to me through it
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by donlyone(m): 5:48pm On Dec 23, 2014
macklef:
Am a ear peice/head phone addict. Thers one earpiece am using now, to be sincere, i bought it for

350 naira wen i was trecking one lonely evening, the production on power AMP is massive.
I just wonder, what will the production of earpiece costing 1300$(over 200,000naira) be like?

Excuse me mr producer, can this earpiece change Terryg/Timaya/jaywon's voice to that of john ledgend?
Because i hate noise.

The earphones are for AUDIOPHILES. I think they are a kind of eccentric people who are obsessed with quality sounds.

If not that I am CHEAP I would have considered myself an audiophile. Lol grin grin

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by vizkiz: 6:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
i hope the earphone can make me hear the voice of God, or listen to the music played in heaven undecided

2 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by olatwo(m): 6:19pm On Dec 23, 2014
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by HARDDON: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
iykofias:

We all hv that very thing w can give an arm n a leg for.

If u can't afford any of these, Sony/Sony ericson. Ear ins la top notch n they don't dig much hole in ur already licking pockets grin
Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by binie: 6:24pm On Dec 23, 2014
Headphones or earing aid?

4 Likes

Re: Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones by Jinyjagz(m): 6:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
nawa ooo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Else Got This Surprise From MTN / Trade Your Old Phones For A New With The Etisalat Buy Back Scheme / Top 40 Android Secret Codes For Your Mobile Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.