Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,729 members, 7,816,996 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model (1956 Views)

Today's Google Doodle Symbol Kinda Offensive To The Black Race / Awesome Earphones That Cost More Than Actual Phones / New Phone That Cost More Then A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model by rill: 3:57am On Nov 01, 2011
same tin is also noticeable with apple products. i havent discovered any difference in function or sumfin. Sumone on facebook said its pure racism, lol, kinda agree to that. U might have a different opinion, probably am missin out on sumfin.
Re: Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model by LordReed(m): 7:21am On Nov 01, 2011
It's a deliberate action by retailers in Nigeria to exploit the ignorance of the people. RIM does NOT distinguish price of Blackberry phones based on the colour of the phone. Besides the people have come to associate white with superior hence the myth is perpetrated to the delight of the retailers pocket.

Hear it now white BB and black BB are the same price you simply being exploited!
Re: Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model by dabraska: 7:16pm On Nov 01, 2011
its racism na cool
Re: Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model by walcolm(m): 7:57am On Nov 02, 2011
Lord_Reed:

It's a deliberate action by retailers in Nigeria to exploit the ignorance of the people. RIM does NOT distinguish price of Blackberry phones based on the colour of the phone. Besides the people have come to associate white with superior hence the myth is perpetrated to the delight of the retailers pocket.

Hear it now white BB and black BB are the same price you simply being exploited!

i really dont think anybody associates 'white' with superior performance.

its all about vanity and fashion, ipods were created originally in white and became iconic & a cool fashion statement. to hold a white electronic accessory became very fashionable and other manufacturers started trying to appeal to their customers and even win new ones by creating white version of their devices
Re: Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model by walcolm(m): 7:59am On Nov 02, 2011
rill:

same tin is also noticeable with apple products. i havent discovered any difference in function or sumfin. Sumone on facebook said its pure racism, lol, kinda agree to that. U might have a different opinion, probably am missin out on sumfin.

you're asking a question that doesnt mean anything in the world of business, if a particuar version of a device sells more than the other, the law of demand and supply says it will run out quicker and become pricier

check my earlier post for the explanation
Re: Why Should A White Coloured Blackberry Cost More Than The Black Coloured Model by BCuZiMBlaCk(m): 7:24am On Nov 24, 2011
Are u saying demand for white is greater than supply and dats why the price is high?

(1) (Reply)

Iphone 7: You Will THROW OUT Ur Old Headphones If You Want This Apple Smartphone / How I Lose My Phone Last Night / Please Who Has Unlocked Smile 4G LTE Mifi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.