Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,431 members, 7,815,974 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

What Has Life Taught You? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Has Life Taught You? (4018 Views)

The Most Important Lessons Your Parents Taught You? / What Has Marriage Taught You? / What Has Life Taught You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Etetejake(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
Life has taught me that its not all about living but living to help and to save a soul. we are all like sacrificial lambs to one another. I wanna leave this earth with the joy that I did something worth dieing for. Just like Jesus Christ did. I luv Humanity. live and let's live. for those I offended here on Nairaland I say sorry. we are brothers and sisters in Nairaland. much luvs.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by redcurry(f): 9:59pm On Dec 25, 2014
2014 the only lesson l have learnt is 'thou it may tarry,but God's time is and will always be the best.Lord,l thank you for all the gifts and mercies through out 2014.You remain faithful even with my unfaithfulness.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by giftedmum: 11:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
life has thut me it won't rain forever.no condition is permanent n so long as sunsets n rises,one shld b thankful in all things.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by anthoniaz(f): 12:15am On Dec 26, 2014
Life has taught me to be patient, tolerant, prayerful,.

Life has taught me to forgive.

Life has taught me to be strong no matter what.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by deife(m): 6:33am On Dec 26, 2014
rokiatu:
Every damn year I can only sum up life in two words change and unpredictable.

Always expect the unexpected, and know that the only thing constant is change itself.

Hey! smiley Feliz Navidad!
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by deife(m): 6:38am On Dec 26, 2014
Etetejake:
Life has taught me that its not all about living but living to help and to save a soul. we are all like sacrificial lambs to one another. I wanna leave this earth with the joy that I did something worth dieing for. Just like Jesus Christ did. I luv Humanity. live and let's live. for those I offended here on Nairaland I say sorry. we are brothers and sisters in Nairaland. much luvs.

Wow! That's so deep! Thanks for sharing.
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by dein77(m): 8:14am On Dec 26, 2014
Life has taught to be myself; to love myself and others.

Life has taught to run away from procrastination.

Life has also taught me that bad things do also happen to the good folks.

Life has also taught me the value of vision and persistence; I have really achieved some great things this year.

Life has taught me to be more tolerant with others, especially little children.

Lastly, life has taught me that perseverance is better than talent.

2015 shall be better for us all.
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by freecharles(m): 8:53am On Dec 26, 2014
People will leave you in dark times even your own shadow does but never stop believing in people and never keep away from them.
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Etetejake(m): 9:04am On Dec 26, 2014
deife:

Wow! That's so deep! Thanks for sharing.

K bro
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 26, 2014
1. God's time is indeed the best. I didn't marry early, everytime a relationship I was in Crashed I would cry and even curse God, others seemed happy why was my case different. But now I look at my life and know if I had forced my way and married any of my exes I would have been miserable. I wouldn't have been able to continue God's work. God gave me a giver and a generous man like me, if I had married one who would see my passion as a waste and looking back I realise that most didn't understand it, why care so much about " loose women" one said
" na you give them belle" another asked but God who gave me this work always makes a way and knew that a non supportive man will twart it. In his time God made it beautiful

2. God's ways are perfect you cant help God, I tried it and got my hands burnt, what ever you feel.God's perfect will for you is always the best. If you try to help God with human sense you will end up with loads of human problems

3. God's plans for us are always bigger and better for us than we can ever imagine. When we look at things we are short sighted and see the smaller picture, while seeing the smaller picture we lament, nag and complain we are caught up in the smaller picture and fail to understand or know how much of a bigger role God os preparing us for through each.negative experience.
Sometimes sickness is to teach us patience, to teach us endurance, to show us that only God has a final say.
Sometimes lack is to teach us empathy, to show us how to manage little, to teach us real sacrifice, if God gives you little and watches you manage it, stay within your means in little and find a way to bless others who have much less then God will trust you enough with plenty.
Sometimes heartbreak is to teach us lessons, to show us bad traits to look out for next time, to help us understand when others come to us with the same heartache and help us know what the right words are.
Death is to teach us the depth of pain, so when someone else looses a loved one we know just how it feels and dont go making vain statements like " it is not my portion " " you must have sinned and God is punishing you repent"

Most of all in 2014 I learned God can turn it around in just a minute. You may have known pain all your life but when God takes you through the fire and he has fully refined you it takes only a minute to turn it around fully restore you 200k folds. What your power and might would never have given you God will give you when its time.

The most important thing I learned this year was patience. Patience in the face of trouble, in the face of pain and in the face of lack. Knowing that when I do my part I can always trust God to come through and never let me down.

I also learned trust, trust even when others have hurt you. Even though am cautious and have learned to easily spot lies when I sense the truth I trust, before everyone was a liar till proven otherwise.

2014 is the year God restored me

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 11:50am On Dec 26, 2014
Death is to teach us the depth of pain, so when someone else looses a loved one we know just how it feels and dont go making vain statements like " it is not my portion " " you must have sinned and God is punishing you repent"

+1. this is a must for several Nigerians. we are so callous , smug and sanctimonious in the face of the misfortune of others

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
You really don’t need everyone to like you...the more you ignore certain people and just go about your business, the better off you are...right now Not Giving a Fck is the smoothest road to walk on

2 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by deife(m): 12:22pm On Dec 26, 2014
wow! thanks for sharing, Aisha2.
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2014
deife:
I'll start first:

Life has taught me to pick my battles; know when to advance, but much more when to retreat.

What has life taught you?

Please keep it coming.smiley

life has taught me to be very patient and thankful to God no matter the situation i find myself.

life has taught me to be happy and love myself

life has taught me to be truthful to myself and stop trying to impress people.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 26, 2014
Life has taught me that a closed mouth is a closed destiny, its good to always open up.

Life has taught me that its best when you are always yourself, for those that pretend, pretense is the beginning of their doom.

Life has taught me that patience is a virtue.

Life has taught me never to give up.

Life has taught me that you can't be friends with everybody but to those who will appreciate you, forgive when you wrong each other, accept you for who you are and many more.

Life has taught me that even tho I've failed once, I shall rise again.

Life taught me that it takes a minute to change somebody's life.

Life has taught me that God is all and without him I'm useless.

I look forward to a better 2015 by the special grace of God and I thank God for a wonderful 2014.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by okotv(m): 1:44pm On Dec 26, 2014
patience is key, plan properly and never give up on your dreams cause just a little more push and you would get there

2 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by deife(m): 3:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Herzumpther:
Life has taught me that a closed mouth is a closed destiny, its good to always open up.

Life has taught me that its best when you are always yourself, for those that pretend, pretense is the beginning of their doom.

Life has taught me that patience is a virtue.

Life has taught me never to give up.

Life has taught me that you can't be friends with everybody but to those who will appreciate you, forgive when you wrong each other, accept you for who you are and many more.

Life has taught me that even tho I've failed once, I shall rise again.

Life taught me that it takes a minute to change somebody's life.

Life has taught me that God is all and without him I'm useless.

I look forward to a better 2015 by the special grace of God and I thank God for a wonderful 2014.
Terrific! Thanks for sharing.smiley
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by damiso(f): 3:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
aisha2:
1. God's time is indeed the best. I didn't marry early, everytime a relationship I was in Crashed I would cry and even curse God, others seemed happy why was my case different. But now I look at my life and know if I had forced my way and married any of my exes I would have been miserable. I wouldn't have been able to continue God's work. God gave me a giver and a generous like me, if I had married one who would see my passion as a waste and looking back I realise that most didn't understand it, why care so much about " loose women" one said
" na you give them belle" another asked but God who gave me this work always makes a way and knew that a non supportive man will twart it. In his time God made it beautiful
2. God's ways are perfect you cant help God, I tried it and got my hands burnt, what ever you feel.God's perfect will for you is always the best. If you try to help God with human sense you will end up with loads of human problems
3. God's plans for us are always bigger and better for us than we can ever imagine. When we look at things we are short sighted and see the smaller picture, while seeing the smaller picture we lament, nag and complain we are caught up in the smaller picture and fail to understand or know how much of a bigger role God os preparing us for through each.negative experience.
Sometimes sickness is to teach us patience, to teach us endurance, to show us that only God has a final say.
Sometimes lack is to teach us empathy, to show us how to manage little, to teach us real sacrifice, if God gives you little and watches you manage it, stay within your means in little and find a way to bless others who have much less then God will trust you enough with plenty.
Sometimes heartbreak is to teach us lessons, to show us bad traits to look out for next time, to help us understand when others come to us with the same heartache and help us know what the right words are.
Most of all in 2014 I learned God can turn it around in just a minute. You may have known pain all your life but when God takes you through the fire and he has fully refined you it takes only a minute to turn it around fully restore you 200k folds. What your power and might would never have given you God will give you when its time.
The most important thing I learned this year was patience. Patience in the face of trouble, in the face of pain and in the face of lack. Knowing that when I do my part I can always trust God to come through and never let me down.
I also learned trust, trust even when others have hurt you. Even though am cautious and have learned to easily spot lies when I sense the truth I trust, before everyone was a liar till proven otherwise.
2014 is the year God restored me

Beautiful. ...Thank you for sharing kiss

What life has taught me is to always strive to be a better than I was and not be better than another.Our life's journeys are different so just face your own race and quit trying to compete, meet up or be better than the next person.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
deife:

Terrific! Thanks for sharing.smiley
smiley
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by chii8(f): 4:08pm On Dec 26, 2014
Life has taught me to love with my head rather than my heart
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by dein77(m): 4:17pm On Dec 26, 2014
[quote author=chii8 post=29219735]Life has taught me to love with my head rather than my heart[/quote

Hmmmm....]
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by JustCurious: 6:14pm On Dec 26, 2014
redcurry:
2014 the only lesson l have learnt is 'thou it may tarry,but God's time is and will always be the best.Lord,l thank you for all the gifts and mercies through out 2014.You remain faithful even with my unfaithfulness.
#1000Likey.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by deife(m): 8:46am On Dec 27, 2014
chii8:
Life has taught me to love with my head rather than my heart

Hmmm.
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by heneversleep: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2014
Hmmm...what an insightful posts, thanks to you all for sharing.2015 would be better for us all
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by coldgate(f): 9:57am On Dec 27, 2014
Life has taught me to live for the moment. The next day is not guaranteed.

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by christobabee: 10:23am On Dec 27, 2014
Life as taught me to trust myself, expect anytin Frm anybody, because pple u love and trust can betrayed u.

2 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by deife(m): 10:43am On Dec 27, 2014
heneversleep:
Hmmm...what an insightful posts, thanks to you all for sharing.2015 would be better for us all

Amen! smiley
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 27, 2014

3 Likes

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by kelvinmuffins3(m): 11:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
Life has taught me lot. But all glory belongs to God at the end.

Be prayerful
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by mutter(f): 11:09pm On Dec 27, 2014
That all is vanity!
Re: What Has Life Taught You? by Phargbemmy(m): 8:09am On Dec 28, 2014
Life has taught me that the power to make wealth is not your, destinies cannot be changed.

2014 has taught me that not all wars need fighting, some naturally come and fizzle out in time. It also taught me that silence most times is very golden

1 Like

Re: What Has Life Taught You? by randsandnaira: 12:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
This is the kind of thread that should make frontpage.
Life has taught me not to procrastinate, cos procrastination is the thief of time.

Mods, Supermod, do the needful.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PHOTOS: See What A Couple Does For A Living! / Mother In-law Vs Daughter In-law / Wedding Of The Year, Hit Or Miss,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.