Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,199 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

NFF In Disarray Over Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFF In Disarray Over Keshi (9018 Views)

Pharaohs Of Egypt Camp In Disarray / Kojo Blasts NFF Over Keshi’s Sack / Super Eagles Players Clash In Camp Over Keshi's Decision To Drop Yobo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by prettyjennifer(f): 3:44pm On Dec 23, 2014
Latest report informed that there is a serious rift in the Executive Committee of Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, over a new contract for coach Stephen Keshi.

Africanfootball.com reports early today that while a section of the NFF leadership wants Keshi to be given a new contract despite failing to qualify Nigeria to the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, another group of the football house opposed a new contract for Keshi.

Nff_logo1

It was gathered from a source within the NFF that those in support of offering Keshi a new contract are doing in order to win over Keshi’s “very powerful friends” in the NFF.

However, this group is opposed by a majority on the NFF Executive Committee who has stuck to a “unanimous decision” in October to sack Keshi.

It will be recalled that the NFF fired the coach only to later be forced to rescind this decision on the orders of Nigerian President Goodluck Jonathan.

There is certainly no love lost between Keshi and his employers even before this sensational u-turn and the frosty relationship has been worsened by the Minister of Sports and Chairman of National Sports Commission, NSC, Tammy Danagogo’s decision to directly pay the coach N14 million as salaries for his work in October and November.

Most recently, several top coaches including Shuaibu Amodu, Christian Chukwu and Adegboye Onigbinde have asked Keshi to walk away from the job because he has failed.

Even NFF president, Amaju Pinnick said recently that if Keshi would be given a new contract, he must be willing to work with and be under direct supervision of Amodu who is now the Technical Director of the NFF.

An official of the NFF had recently hinted that Keshi will be given a new contract by the NFF despite failing to qualify the Super Eagles for the 2015 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON.

This is coming in spite of calls by Nigerian football fans that Keshi should be sacked for not qualifying the Eagles for the biennial championship.

According to latest report published by Africanfootball.com, quoting NFF’s executive committee member, Emeka Inyama, Keshi is now to be given a new contract.

It would be recalled that Sports Minister, Tammy Danagogo had allegedly paid Keshi N14 million despite Super Eagles failing to make the 2015 AFCON.

Reports had said the money was meant for Keshi’s allowance for the two months which he was owed.
According to Africanfootball, the amount was transferred even though there is no contractual agreement between the award wining coach and the Nigerian Football Federation.

Source: http://www.diamondreport.com.ng/2014/12/nff-in-disarray-over-keshi.html

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by bingbagbo(m): 8:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
nigeria should keep the big? boss grin

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by SaiBuharii: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2014
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2014
Why, why don't Nigerians like Nigerian coaches?

Because,in my opinion,if we sack Keshi, who do we replace him with? Which foreign coach?

(Unless we can get a Arsene Wenger or Guus Hiddink,or even bring back Westerhoff).

2 Likes

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 24, 2014
KESHI causing trouble in NFF since 1800.
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by yuzjet(m): 7:50am On Dec 24, 2014
Na Dem sabi!
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by Nobody: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2014
clueless mofo angry

btw op i cant read all that... can you simplify it for the viewing pleasure of those allergic to long posts angry

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by LordCenturion(m): 7:50am On Dec 24, 2014
my question is ,does NFF president have CABAL also?,cuz o don't why dey are frightened to sack the bag of rice

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by Akshow: 7:51am On Dec 24, 2014
keshi go and rest abeg
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by phransix147(m): 7:51am On Dec 24, 2014
I always said it that Keshi has given 9ja his all and his best he has nothing to offer any more... He should have been long sacked!

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 24, 2014
Akshow:
keshi go and rest abeg

Got any ideas about who will take over from him?

No, I am serious. Who will take over from Keshi.

And like my dad says...the problem really is that we don't have enough good players right now.

3 Likes

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by rezzy: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Make. I just write
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by dridowu: 7:54am On Dec 24, 2014
Wetin make i talk now ?
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by Coolguy89(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2014
bushdoc9919:
Why, why don't Nigerians like Nigerian coaches?

Because,in my opinion,if we sack Keshi, who do we replace him with? Which foreign coach?

(Unless we can get a Arsene Wenger or Guus Hiddink,or even bring back Westerhoff).

moyes wil do grin

3 Likes

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by clemz88(m): 7:55am On Dec 24, 2014
I present this space to u all as my christmas gift cheesy

MERRY CHRISTMAS NL's

2 Likes

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by pageezeji(m): 7:56am On Dec 24, 2014
Front Page 4 dis 1st tym eva
Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by NaLaugh: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2014
BREAKING NEWS: My eyes are in disarray over the OP's tatas.

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by kunlesehan(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2014
Keshi koshi

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by desmondDessi(m): 7:57am On Dec 24, 2014
Front page things o

oya make I comment.....wait 1st....wetin concern me....they have time to quarrel,settle,maybe quarrel again....they have time to do all that.....DEM NOR QUALIFY FOR NATIONS CUP.

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by benuejosh: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2014
i guess itz high time the government privatise the sport sector. am tired of hearing this name NFF and Keshi.

1 Like

Re: NFF In Disarray Over Keshi by chucky234(m): 8:01am On Dec 24, 2014
Even Arsene Wenger will fail with our current bunch of average players, the national team needs top quality players not average bench warmers.
We all witnessed how MK Dons, a non league side defeated Man United 4 - 0 followed by poor run of form before United spent £156m to bring in quality players, today the story is different.
We need top quality players not coaches, Keshi should be allowed to continue.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zamalek Vs Enyimba :CAF Champions League (1 - 0) On 15th August 2016 / Who Do You Think Is The Best Football Coach In The World ? / Nigeria Vs Cameroun (AWC 2010 Semi-Final) Ended 5 - 1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.