Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,951 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan (29465 Views)

7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan / University Of Ibadan 2014/15 Admission Process.... / Contact Me For Any Info About University Of Ilorin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by lawrencemleopo: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2014
interesting.

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by datguru: 7:28am On Dec 24, 2014
Nice share
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by hrykanu231(m): 7:30am On Dec 24, 2014
That's where con fraternities started from...

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Penuelseun(m): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2014
s
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by hrykanu231(m): 7:31am On Dec 24, 2014
That's where con fraternities started from...
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by amakufrancis(m): 7:34am On Dec 24, 2014
Rep Fupre
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by benuejosh: 7:35am On Dec 24, 2014
i thought kumuyi attended Unilag

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by INCREDIBLEMIND(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2014
Reading dis Post By 7:38 on d 24th of december.wao Really Learnt something Dis Morning and more for me to learn.Truly Knowledge Can be acquired at any time.
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Truman155(m): 7:37am On Dec 24, 2014
I gat nothing to say
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by bobolizim(m): 7:43am On Dec 24, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Point of correction kumuyi graduated frm unilag
nop..i disagree....he attended doesnt mean he graduated dr...nd go and chk his biography very well...he attended ui....even it was zik hall he stayed during those days....go nd ask frm people wu no history very well...before posting wt u dont no...love u sha....chk encyclopedia...he was only a lecturer at unilag...nt a student...seek information...nt hear says

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by yuio22: 7:46am On Dec 24, 2014
sad

[size=28pt]Akure city[/size]

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 24, 2014
Archmed:
This is what we want to be seeing on Nairaland's frontpage,very educative,not stories of ''see what wizkid wore to d headies'' ''Tonto Dike is Crying'' ''Maheeda is sleeping''
''Davido just bought a Rolex wristwatch!! Trash!!
And this goes to Mr Seun, pls we need a platform where we would be able to rate d topics that makes frontpage and send back 2 d ''backpage'' those that fall below Nairalanders' expectation and also access the mods and supermods' performances.Businessmen,students,politicians entrepreneurs,name them, visit dis site to get valuable information not wot some of ur mods are offering us.My day is incomplete without Nairaland.I literarily fell sick wen dis site went down sometimes back.Pls lets see a CHANGE in 2015..tnks

Incomplete kwa?
Fell sick? grin

cheesycheesycheesy
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 24, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
your father na politician? what was his gp? if it is below 2 2 then no hope for him..olodo in the making grin
lool...my father sabi book nas
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Inception(m): 7:58am On Dec 24, 2014
As an alumnus i shout:
GREATEST UITES cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by charleya: 7:59am On Dec 24, 2014
if you are a punter ( you do football betting ) this is your chance to make it big with fixed matches .we would be giving out 3 fixed matches for trust (free).contact us on whatsapp 08112138578
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by babs01(m): 8:09am On Dec 24, 2014
lilmaxfidel:
your father na politician? if it is below 2 2 then no hope for him..olodo in the making grin
dis 2-2 is liverpool arsenal scores nah

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by yim(f): 8:10am On Dec 24, 2014
Kayode Fayemi went to Ife, unilag and one London school like that not UI

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by deeptechcool(m): 8:18am On Dec 24, 2014
Olufemiolaolu:
Point of correction kumuyi graduated frm unilag

u sure?
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by deeptechcool(m): 8:25am On Dec 24, 2014
Na this school dat Abi govanor, T.A Orji attended oo. Na Tedder Hall the guy even stay. hmmmn

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by alexis007(m): 8:42am On Dec 24, 2014
vicadex07:
what is pinching you

I smell jealousy undecided

and i smell waste of mb......look @ you doing silly P.R.O duties.......at a time when i expected you to broaden your intellectual horizons till you are equal with those geniuses @ Harvard and Oxford......there is certainly better things to do than to boast about a failing Nigerian education system
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Nobody: 8:43am On Dec 24, 2014
of the greatest UITES!!

1 Like

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by sucess001(m): 8:53am On Dec 24, 2014
@ op you forget to write my name as part of the alumni...

repping UI...and Mellnby hall...
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Pamcrest(f): 8:55am On Dec 24, 2014
My alma mater...UI the first n the best. But op, I'm also a notable nigerian that attended UI naa n a Queenite for that matter. Here in PH our alumni include late Sir Francis Ellah, Eze Gbakagbaka Frank Eke, Chief Andrew Uchendu, Chief Aguma, Sir Gabriel Toby, many lecturers in Uniport n UST as well as many industry players whose names I can't readily recollect now.
UI alumni are copiously present in most fields of endeavor in Nigeria. There's no denying d fact that d Institution produced many great and wonderful Nigerians (+foreigners) contributing their quota to our nation.
Great UI, Great People, Great Nation.
My humble submission

7 Likes

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by itsmine: 8:58am On Dec 24, 2014
Greatest Uites!
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by ntutu(m): 9:00am On Dec 24, 2014
The University of Nigeria (UNN), commonly referred to as UNN, is a federal university located in Nsukka, Enugu State, Nigeria. Founded in 1955 and formally opened
on 7 October 1960, the University of Nigeria has four
campuses – Nsukka, Enugu and Ituku-Ozalla – located in Enugu State and one in Aba, Abia State, Nigeria. The University of Nigeria(UNN) was the first full-fledged
indigenous and first autonomous university in Nigeria,
modeled upon the American educational system. It is
the first land-grant university in Africa and one of the five elite universities in the country. The university has
15 Faculties and 102 academic departments. The
University offers 82 undergraduate programs and 211 postgraduate programmes.[4] The university celebrated its 50th anniversary on
October 2010.

Source: en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Nigeria,_Nsukka

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by ntutu(m): 9:07am On Dec 24, 2014
The first university in Nigeria is UNN, Unibadan wasn't a
full fledge university cos their certificate
Wasn't issued from Nigeria, they are issued from UK.
Before the University of collage Ibadan we had Hope
Waddle Training Institute Calabar which was the in
Eastern Nigeria. So UNN started as the first indigenous University without been affiliated to any Uni. Going by
its name u should know.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by ntutu(m): 9:11am On Dec 24, 2014
University college Ibadan was established in 1948 as a
university college affiliated to the university of london.
From 1948 to around 1962 it was awarding london
degrees. Therefore it was just an extention of university
of london. But the university of Nigeria Nsukka was
established as an autonomous university in 1960 . 'University college Ibadan' only became a full fledge
university around 1963 with the name 'university of
Ibadan'. UNN is often considered the first.

4 Likes

Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by Ehimenboy(m): 9:23am On Dec 24, 2014
deeptechcool:

u sure?
Kumuyi graduated from UI. A Zikite, in fact. By the way, I heard he has an unbeaten CGPA record, 6.8 or so.
No need for arguments.
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by geedot: 9:29am On Dec 24, 2014
ntutu:
University college Ibadan was established in 1948 as a
university college affiliated to the university of london.
From 1948 to around 1962 it was awarding london
degrees. Therefore it was just an extention of university
of london. But the university of Nigeria Nsukka was
established as an autonomous university in 1960 . 'University college Ibadan' only became a full fledge
university around 1963 with the name 'university of
Ibadan'. UNN is often considered the first.
what re y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊и saying?
Pls answer this question, ₩hich university was established as †̥ђƺ first university I̶̲̥̅̊n Nigeria?
A)UNN
B)UNILAG
C)OAU
D)UI
Re: 7 Things You May Not Know About University Of Ibadan by eformsky(m): 9:30am On Dec 24, 2014
UI has lost its glory due to the influence of tribalism n nepotism, people outside yoruba ethnic group are not treated fairly again as lecturers and student, no competition na dem dem, dey speak their language, you speak english too much dey look you strange. Na before UI be UI not now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

NOUN Lists Requirements For Postgraduate Students / Watch University Lecturer Flogging Students (video) / Osun Reverts To 6-3-3-4 Education System

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.