Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,999 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:13 AM

How Do I Change My Url - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Change My Url (662 Views)

How Can U Get My Url To Be Unbanned By Nairaland / Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. / Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Change My Url by BigStar1(m): 1:49pm On Dec 10, 2008
Hi,

I got a space and the address is www.orisfish.com.

I'm tired of orisfish, i want something else.

How do i do that pls?
Re: How Do I Change My Url by bug24(m): 2:10pm On Dec 10, 2008
If you want something else, you've got to register something else,

its not like changing folder names on the computer, i have to go for a new name, point it to the same DNS u used for the orifish whateva, then remove the orifish DNS also,

talk to ur host, they should be able to do this for u. (thats if they are customer friendly)
Re: How Do I Change My Url by yawatide(f): 3:31pm On Dec 10, 2008
Or, upon registering the new domain name, you do could do either a server-side or browser-side redirect to the new one. This approach is optimal if ppl r used to orifish and it could cost you dearly if you suddenly changed on them without warning.

With respect to the above, server-side is best from an SEO standpoint as browser-side gives search engines the impression that people are only spending seconds on your site which could hurt your rankings.
Re: How Do I Change My Url by bug24(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2008
YAWA,
thanks for giving that respect at least. lol.
if u hadnt mentioned it, i wulda screamed at ya,

i had an issue lately, i had my index.php directed to home.php , search engines culdnt get me listed cos of the re-direction, i had to copy the entire content on home.php to index, now am waiting for another two months for search engines to crawl me up.
Re: How Do I Change My Url by BigStar1(m): 11:56am On Dec 11, 2008
Thank you all!

(1) (Reply)

Uploading New Wp-theme;help Needed! / Get Paid For Reading Your Email / I Need An Seo And Google Promoter!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.