Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,564 members, 7,812,829 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:10 PM

Is It Right For Christians To Date? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For Christians To Date? (458 Views)

Is It Right For A Christian Wife To Say Things Like These During Sex? / Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / Is It Wisdom For Christians To Lie In Some Situations? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For Christians To Date? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
Is it right for christians to date?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Date? by Nobody: 9:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
NO!
Jesus never date and infact, he never marry. I saw in the bible Peters wife and not his girlfriend.
Marriage is good but....
People claim that it depends on the motive but who is dating for Christ sake?
Of what purpose is a guy or a girl in secondary school dating each other. Ask them, did they want to marry next year? Then why?
It is usually worldly lust that propels people to engage in such.
Although the world call it love but the bible call it lust. If you want to marry; marry! But why deceiving yourself.
Dating is not love and love is not dating.
Stop dating and stop deceiving yourself.
You are definately following after worldliness and the love of the world you always pursue.
By the time you later marry, you will now be counting at least 5 girlfriend/boyfriend you have dated in your life. Tell me, is it of Godliness or of worldliness?
If you want to marry; marry!
For it is better not to ever marry than to fulfil the desire of your flesh.
Did you think satan will just be watching you to be chasing beautiful girls around when he knew that is the best way of capturing the youth. He knew that you love pleasure and the fulfilment of you eyes. You cannot survive pleasure, definately you cant. Why are you dating if you are not imitating your worldly friends. Why imitating?
Why did Jesus spoke about marriage and not dating. He even adviced not to marry because greater traps will be set within you. He knew you may not overcome this so that is why he advised. If marriage could be a bait what will dating be?
In marriage you are one but in dating you are not.
To me i dont see the difference of your girlfriend and other people because they are not different.
Dont be deceived by the title.
Adam never had a girlfriend and neither Eve. The first time Adam set his eyes on Eve even out of sleep he said; Bone of my bones.
In other word, Meaning my beloved wife because they are one.
Another aspect which is so disgusting is the issue of sex. Dating will always accomodate sex since satan is not a fool.
Why are you inviting traps to yourself?
Stop deceiving yourself!
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Date? by Nobody: 7:53am On Dec 24, 2014
Vikkyk10:
Is it right for christians to date?
My dear,why do u wanna date?
Re: Is It Right For Christians To Date? by asalimpo(m): 12:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Theyre ppl tht married their high school sweet hrts besides boyz and babes strt trippng for each other right from playpen but thts usually innocent childish love even though now corrption has eaten even young childrens minds.
Point is date wen u wanna marry n settle down, else ur wastng each others time and playg with opportunity to lust.
You date to find out if you and d person are compatible.

(1) (Reply)

Mauritania Blogger Sentenced To Death For Apostasy / Wonder-working Name / Egypt’s Sisi: Islamic “thinking” Is “antagonizing The Entire World”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.