Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Your First Swimming Experience - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Your First Swimming Experience (1857 Views)

Swimming Lessons In Portharcourt / Where Can I Get Flippers, Goggles, Trunks And Other Swimming Gear In Lagos? / Any Nice Public Swimming Pools In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 9:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
I'm not usually comfortable near water(stream). I still don't the mind to stand at a river bank.

My first time in a swimming pool was memorable. After gathering courage, I stepped slowly into the cool water.....but I couldn't feel the floor. I had to stylishly grab the wall.
I was a complete jjc..... I still am.

When eventually my toes touched the floor, the water covered my nose so I had to raise my head(I'm petite)
It was annoying because any disturbance on the water surface made it difficult to breath so I had to stay close to the walls except times I made use of the floater available.
People tried to teach me but being my 1st time plus fear of drowning, I couldn't grab much.
My friend swallowed enough water to last her three days.

*how was your first experience like?
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by CrazyScientist: 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
It was a pool party ,my friend jumped in with all the girls all over him, I felt I had to taste the girls 'anointing' too , I jumped in, next I was shouting: "HELP, HELP!" ,it was the same girls that rescued me and pressed the water out of my stomach lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Baddestguyp(m): 9:55pm On Dec 23, 2014
I can't swim
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 9:59pm On Dec 23, 2014
CrazyScientist:
It was a pool party ,my friend jumped in with all the girls all over him, I felt I had to taste the girls 'anointing' too , I jumped in, next I was shouting: "HELP, HELP!" ,it was the same girls that rescued me and pressed the water out of my stomach lipsrsealed embarassed

Lol. See falling of hand.
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 10:00pm On Dec 23, 2014
Baddestguyp:
I can't swim
Seriously?
But you would like to learn, right?
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Tolexander: 10:02pm On Dec 23, 2014
My first swimming experience wasn't really that bad. I was just playing in the shallow part, held on to the wall of the pool and flapping my legs until i was able to float without holding anythin.

Two memorable things about the day are bruise from hitting my toes on the floor of the pool and having swollen and red eyes like a 'ganja' man from water getting in contact with my eyes.

1 Like

Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Baddestguyp(m): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2014
vonn:

Seriously?
But you would like to learn, right?
of course i'd love to, but I'm scared to even try
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tolexander:
My first swimming experience wasn't really that bad. I was just playing in the shallow part, held on to the wall of the pool and flapping my legs until i was able to float without holding anythin.

Two memorable things about the day are bruise from hitting my toes on the floor of the pool and having swollen and red eyes like a 'ganja' man from water getting in contact with my eyes.
You are a fast learner then....learning to float in just a day. Kudos

cheesy
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Tolexander: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2014
vonn:

You are a fast learner then....learning to float in just a day. Kudos

cheesy
not really a fast learner jare.

You went to the pool alone or with friend(s)?
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Beesluv: 10:33pm On Dec 23, 2014
It was fun.
I couldn't move my legs for some minutes when I came out. I was walking like iron man grin
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 10:36pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tolexander:
not really a fast learner jare.

You went to the pool alone or with friend(s)?
I was with my friends
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2014
Beesluv:
It was fun.
I couldn't move my legs for some minutes when I came out. I was walking like iron man grin
Lol...
Did you learn to swim that day?
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Tolexander: 10:42pm On Dec 23, 2014
vonn:

I was with my friends
guys or gurls?
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by Beesluv: 10:45pm On Dec 23, 2014
vonn:

Lol...
Did you learn to swim that day?

Someone said I should hold the rim n try to lift my legs up. I tried it, but mehhhnnn it wasn't easy. I made sure I didn't go to the deep side.

That was my 1st n last experience
Re: Your First Swimming Experience by vonn(f): 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2014
Tolexander:
guys or gurls?
These your questions sef.

Female friends....but guys were around.

1 Like

Re: Your First Swimming Experience by dkronicle(m): 11:13pm On Dec 23, 2014
Dat day i tasted rita lori's water. Den it was 200# for gate fee. My uncle frnd took me there, i tink say na small tin. I enter water my leg no touch ground and my uncle friend nono. Dat day na cursed day o. Till today am still a sucker for swimin

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Fifa First 10 List Of Word Best Player's / Nigerian Footballer, Musa Yahaya Set To Wed Kannywood Star, Rahama Sadau / I Have Been Winning 2 Odd Games For A Week Now... Here Is How?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.