Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,057 members, 7,835,576 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) (23952 Views)

‘wada Must Go Protesters’ Block Abuja-lokoja Highway / Terror Attack On Abuja Airport Foiled / House Of Reps Resumes Its Madness On This 1st Day - Elections of Officers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Weah96: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
tit:

that is why some want buhari to come and flog some brains into them.

Really? You're putting your eggs in a politician's basket?
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Dotng: 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
I spent nine hours in traffic in that location before Easter last year. I had just descended from the lokoja bridge on my way to kwali when I met the gridlock. A journey that should last about two hours from that point became a journey of nine hours.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Sylvarresta(m): 5:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
Cum see Ib own, the thing no even move since morning
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by lilbabyak(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
We are all guilty
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by electropiz(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
otokx:
The average Nigerian is indisciplined.

Just said ma mind and they will blame GEJ for their indiscipline
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Erection(m): 5:19pm On Dec 24, 2014
R.I.P Old dynosaur #Mumu abo.ki buhari

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by mencade4: 5:24pm On Dec 24, 2014
98 percent of nigerians are corrupt muslims or christians.

They will milk you dry and see you die.........go to banks and see the impatience of nigerians.
Greedy and wicked people everywhere
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by InvertedHammer: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
/
Do you have to hang your stethoscope on the rear view mirror?

Just curious....

\
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Beesluv: 5:25pm On Dec 24, 2014
This is serous
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by 2n2k(m): 5:27pm On Dec 24, 2014
ochejoseph:

The Madness on Abuja - Lokoja Highway

It's very easy to blame government for every thing including what we do wrong!

I was heading for my Families annual Christmas reunion, 30 minutes into the trip and a huge  grid lock was steering at us in the face total stand still for almost 5 hours 

This is the first time commuters will be using the fully dualised four lane highway constructed by the Goodluck administration as such I expected a smooth journey because the road was one of the best in the country.

The Federal Road safety Corps (FRSC) were fully mobilised and to their credit they gave their all  today, but impatient Drivers on Nigerian roads had other plans 

1. They created 4 lanes on the side heading into Murtala Bridge and additional 3 lanes out of the bride completely blocking traffic out of the East without any reason whatsoever! 

2. Senior police officers and senior government functionaries  also did not help matters their  Siren blaring pilot pick up vans helped create the nightmare witnessed on that road today because they violated every known traffic rule driving against traffic at will and disrupting every attempt by the FRSC to bring sanity to the road 

Several travellers will spend Christmas on that road today becos many vehicles broke down largely due to over heating !

Chief among the offenders on that road today are

1. Police special protection unit  

2. NSCDC senior officers 

3. Peace mass Transit 

4. Young shall Grow 

5. Mini Bus commercial Drivers 

6. Commercial golf Cars , and senior government functionaries with sirens (Federal, state, Local Govt, traditional rulers just name them all broke the law and messed up things today)

Worthy of Commendation is the attitude of the ABC transport drivers   and Men and officers of the Nigerian Army and the FRSC 

Below is the situation as at this afternoon!

May God Help us to change our bad attitude on the road

God Bless Nigeria  

At bolded. How far have you gone on that road to make that conclusion? The road is still materially under construction with diversions to single lane at many spots hence the gridlock. What then make it one of the best roads in the country in its present stage? The section handled by Bulletine is already failing even before handover while at least four bridges are still being constructed. We just pray that SURE-P will substantially fund the project to completion in 2015.

While the drivers could do better with some patience, they are not entirely to blame.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Toktee(m): 5:28pm On Dec 24, 2014
No be this road them talk say ebola,sorry!ebele jonah dualised?
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by kristisking(m): 5:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Some lame people will blame GEJ for this.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by juman(m): 5:35pm On Dec 24, 2014
kristisking:
Some lame people will blame GEJ for this.

Bad governance is the cause.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by kristisking(m): 5:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
ajibolabd:
blame it on GEJ. Sai Buhari!
We are not surprised.Some of you blame GEJ for your family issues.Idiot!Must you blame GEJ for every thing that happens?

4 Likes

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by MizTyna(f): 5:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
It's same in Lagos oh,for me i havent stepped out of my area since last Thursday,i'm gonna be here till Jan 5th. Thank God for hols
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by watchindelta(m): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
na today! he don they.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by MizTyna(f): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
And the op is a doctor,hi! *winks*
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by watchindelta(m): 5:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
na today! he don tey.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Dec 24, 2014
kristisking:
We are not surprised.Some of you blame GEJ for your family issues.Idiot!Must you blame GEJ for every thing that happens?
whatever! You and ur drunking master will weep soon. Up GMB, SAI BUHARI!
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by sukkot: 5:49pm On Dec 24, 2014
ochejoseph:

bruv you still dey inside stone-age period ? people dey carry handheld echocardiography device you still dey carry stethoscope like fillage doctor grin

2 Likes

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by jojosan: 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
its based on the season. visit www.infodailies.com to get the latest gist!
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by kristisking(m): 5:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
juman:

Bad governance is the cause.
Dont blame government.Blame the attitudes of some of you on the highways.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Acekidc4(m): 5:53pm On Dec 24, 2014
sukkot:
bruv you still dey inside stone-age period ? people dey carry handheld echocardiography device you still dey carry stethoscope like fillage doctor grin

Bros ow u dey na!

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by sukkot: 5:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
Acekidc4:

Bros ow u dey na!
my ogapatapata at the top. i dey kampe. just dey relax. trust ya end dey fine ? i just fry the keyboard for my laptop when i spill liquid inside am. i just add this useless external keyboard dey take control am and the thing no be am at all lol. so my day no dey go too fine at the moment grin grin

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by kristisking(m): 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
ajibolabd:
whatever! You and ur drunking master will weep soon. Up GMB, SAI BUHARI!
Even your threats in the north will see Buhari lose woefully this time around.You are banking on the yorubas.You will be dissapointed again.I will remind you come February 2015.

1 Like

Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
otokx:
The average Nigerian is indisciplined.

The problem in Nigeria is not the government alone. The average Nigerian is worse than the government.

This is why I want one strong military Man to lead a coup de tat and help bring back discipline to the country.

They all steal money, military or political, but military has something to show for the masses.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by aliyuabbaashiru(m): 6:09pm On Dec 24, 2014
Joejonah:
safe journey. it's normal experience, you have to drive yours and that of others too.

Btw, I love the way you hung that stethoscope.
doctor don purchase new car. we go show dem.!!! their father
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by Nobody: 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
kristisking:
Even your threats in the north will see Buhari lose woefully this time around.You are banking on the yorubas.You will be dissapointed again.I will remind you come February 2015.
pele, dont cry again. I blame ur plight on GEJ, vote GMB, VOTE CHANGE.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by juman(m): 6:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
kristisking:
Dont blame government.Blame the attitudes of some of you on the highways.

It is the responsibility of the government to maintain order in all facets of governance.
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by alisha1999: 6:12pm On Dec 24, 2014
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by closearms(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
Erection:
Vote for the cattle rearer #Mumu Buhari if you wanna worsen the situation.. #Islam is evil. cool cool
you know noting GMB what you know about islam and GMB is the telegramed ,programmed and Brian washed information you get from our media ... I was once like you .... Brian washed ... now I know better about islam ... unfortunately thousands are entering it while others are going astray....
Re: Gridlock: The Madness On Abuja - Lokoja Highway (pictures) by PStacks(m): 6:22pm On Dec 24, 2014
May we never ever experiÉnce any major calamity in this country.

This is just people travelling for Xmas.

Imagine a situation where maybe there is chaos and anarchy say from boko haram and people have to move in panic mode to run across the murtala muhammed bridge!

No chaos, nigerians are still nor orderly or respect turn by turn vehicular movement, what if there is chaos and panic and peps just got move to save their lives, then it means people would just get stranded and whatever is pursuing u would just catch up with u right there,

I remember 7 years ago before the road was dualised, I spent xmas on that very same spot because of traffic gridlock. Now I'm wondering , after the road has been dualized people still suffer the same thing.

What is it with Nigerian and impatience, disorderlyness, no respect for rule of law?

Nigeria is not a country I'm sorry to say the least.

Nigerians are the problems of Nigeria.

Can there ever be law and order in this country?

This leads me to my last line..

Pls Vote Buhari come 2015.

We must get it right.

#TeamGMB. Sai Buhari.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SGF Boss Mustapha To Igbos: Endorse Buhari Now, Get Presidency In 2023 / Osoba Donated 5,000 Pounds To Maryam Abacha - Olawale Oshun / Seyi Makinde Appoints Bolaji Ayorinde & Yemi Aderibigbe As Aides

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.