Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:46 AM

Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka (21007 Views)

Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka / Obasanjo, A Shame To The Military — Defence Headquarters / Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by MAYOWAAK: 10:10pm On Dec 24, 2014
In the piece Soyinka's many appellations for OBJ go from the indifferent, to the bad, and to the outright ugly. Some of them are:

Owu retiree Soldier
The overgrown child of circumstance
Newly revealed fellow-sufferer
Master of Mendacity
Irredeemable egomaniac
Our garrulous general
Fagunwa’s would-be competitor
An eerie creation
Our home-bred Double-O-Seven
A seasoned predator
Our Great Immortal, the Unparalleled Achiever, Divinely appointed Watchman even on the world that is yet to come” (sarcasm of course).

Moral of the story: Know with whom to do battle, and above that, on what platform you choose to do this battle. You wouldn't want to challenge Lionel Messi to a footballing contest, or Beyonce to a singing contest. When you challenge a Soyinka on the literary turf, you know you had it coming.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by wining247: 10:18pm On Dec 24, 2014
I think there is something OBJ and Soyinka are not telling us.No matter the perceptions they both may want us to have about them,both of them will surely meet their water low after this life.God bless Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by 0merta(m): 10:37pm On Dec 24, 2014
kenock:
That's a yoruba man for u, he is neither here nor there, he attend mosque on friday and go to church on sunday, and finally see babalawo on monday, if someone would ask me why Nigeria is not in peace today, its definitly not the hausas nor igbos....

Bastard Kenock!

For the statement in Bold...That's the main reason I'm of the opinion that the religious tolerance prevalent among We "Omo Ooduas" should be developed as a Prototype in promoting inter and intra-religious Peace, especially in places like "Alaigbo", Northern Nigeria and the Middle East...

And for the statement in Italics...probably the Fulanis, Ijaws or some other tribes are responsible!

Oloshi!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by M4gunners: 10:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Dem never see anything.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by Ishilove: 10:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
0merta:

Ishilove, you banned my other moniker for no just cause...

E be like say you no know say we dey live for the same street!

Oya, unban am now before I send Fijabi and his boys to you!
Which of your several monikers was banned?
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by adeko2: 10:50pm On Dec 24, 2014
All of them from Ogun, Tozo and akwara meat all from cow. Na una sabi o grin
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by sam90s(m): 11:32pm On Dec 24, 2014
killjoy:
who/what is Soyinka? is dat d name of an animal place or thing?? merry Christmas my fellow NL's. to doz mods who don't wanna push my threads to FP. God will judge u solemnly.
Says a lot about you if you're trying to be cool. Major Fail.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by toprealman: 11:33pm On Dec 24, 2014
Is Soyinka losing it?
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by sam90s(m): 11:39pm On Dec 24, 2014
kenock:
That's a yoruba man for u, he is neither here nor there, he attend mosque on friday and go to church on sunday, and finally see babalawo on monday, if someone would ask me why Nigeria is not in peace today, its definitly not the hausas nor igbos....
Obviously you have a thing or two for The Yorubas, see me thinking that acknowledging others' customs and religion will make them feel comfortable around you. I'm pretty sure I will not like it otherwise, nothing wrong with diplomacy.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by todayguest(m): 11:46pm On Dec 24, 2014
Battle of words from two great kins men. Let me quickly go and dust my old dictionary. I'm pretty sure, this won't be the last.cheesy
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by lumeneng22: 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2014
Why baba no contact this book writer before publishing? He just graduated from noun open university come de make gara gara.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by 0merta(m): 11:52pm On Dec 24, 2014
Ishilove:

Which of your several monikers was banned?

I don't wanna associate my 2 Monikers, if you know what I mean!

Meanwhile, I clicked on one of the links on your signature...and mehn, I just couldn't take my gaze off "Killing Mosquitoes (Once upon a night)" as I was devilishly riveted by every word...You are a beautiful writer and I'm sure gonna be visiting your domain again and again.

More "ink" to your "pen"...and may Muse bless and favour you!

When you wan unban my other moniker na? I go kpara for you o!

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by babaluckey: 12:07am On Dec 25, 2014
Guys, where can i buy fufu (ola ola)
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by nnachukz(m): 12:49am On Dec 25, 2014
Baba go dey his house now de hala, I call Soyinka name for my book? Why him come dey blow grammar now? Like say I understand all those things

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by Ishilove: 1:01am On Dec 25, 2014
0merta:

I don't wanna associate my 2 Monikers, if you know what I mean!

Meanwhile, I clicked on one of the links on your signature...and mehn, I just couldn't take my gaze off "Killing Mosquitoes (Once upon a night)" as I was devilishly riveted by every word...You are a beautiful writer and I'm sure gonna be visiting your domain again and again.

More "ink" to your "pen"...and may Muse bless and favour you!

When you wan unban my other moniker na? I go kpara for you o!
Thanks for the compliments, it is very encouraging.

If you were banned then it must be for a reason. If you can reveal your second moniker then we can know the reason why you were banned.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by speak2leo(m): 3:12am On Dec 25, 2014
Is Soyinka no longer an atheist.? How come he is interested in heavenly being and presence of God.?? Adongerrit!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by tomakint: 3:14am On Dec 25, 2014
I have a feeling that Obasanjo may likely incur the wrath of God very soon.....an incorrigible arrogant man that looks down on every man and act as if he is the second son of God deserves the old Professor vituperations. Obasanjo should be closer to God by now and stop playing coded pranks.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by Vadel(m): 4:23am On Dec 25, 2014
but I thought Mr Soyinka is an atheist
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by Anglovel: 6:22am On Dec 25, 2014
“This man forgot the beings of earth, forgot the beings of heaven, in turn, he forgot the presence of God. The worst kind of behaviour agitated his hands – greed occupied the centre of his heart, and he was a creature that walked in darkness. This man wallowed in bribery, he was chairman of the circle of scheming, head of the gang of double-dealing, field-marshal of those who crept about in the dark of night.
“With his mouth, he ruined the work of others, while he used a big potsherd to cover the good works of some, that others might not see their attainments. He nosed around for secrets that would entrap his companions, and blew them up into monumental crimes in the eyes of the world. He who turns the world upside down, places the deceitful on the throne, casts the truthful down – because such is a being of base earth, he will never stand as equal among the uplifted.”

All one can say, is "True Talk","Concise,APT, LITERARY APPRAISAL AT ITS BEST"
YOU TRULY DESERVE ANOTHER LAURETTE ,LONG LIVE PROF WOLE SOYINKA.......BLUNT COLD RAW AS I KNOW" . shocked[/quote]
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by IBRAHIMLAMOUR: 6:40am On Dec 25, 2014
BossAyuk:
Soyinka has spent the last few weeks of his life being an attack dog to GEJ. Well done Sir
. I wnt to blv u have failed to read this write up cos soyinka insulted jona and the old fool called obasanjo who does not have moral right to question other peoples moral. grin
BossAyuk:
Soyinka has spent the last few weeks of his life being an attack dog to GEJ. Well done Sir
. I wnt to blv u have failed to read this write up cos soyinka insulted jona and the old fool called obasanjo who does not have moral right to question other peoples moral.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by tit(f): 6:45am On Dec 25, 2014
"God" is laughing at obasanjo!
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by ogele: 10:05am On Dec 25, 2014
basisop:
He who fetches ant infested firewood,......

My Igbo brothers should fill in the gap.
invited Lizards to come n eat food. ... Chike do u have kola-nut, pour palmwine for me. Council of elders discussing the days of our accestors.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by killjoy(m): 10:28am On Dec 25, 2014
sam90s:

Says a lot about you if you're trying to be cool. Major Fail.

who is trying to be cool?? woteva happend to being hot. major passgrin
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by PassingShot(m): 10:32am On Dec 25, 2014
OBJ just got served in his own dishes.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by PassingShot(m): 10:38am On Dec 25, 2014
omenka:
Watch them celebrate this. But when he turns around and calls "her" a Sheppo and "him" King Nebu, they'd all go berserk, running wild like agitated Zebras in the Serengeti.

Then he'd become a "shameless mad old professor"! cheesy

You bad sire! grin grin grin
But you're correct too.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by rabzy: 3:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
Vadel:
but I thought Mr Soyinka is an atheist

He was never an atheist, he believes in a pantheon of gods. The gods of his forefathers and he has great love for ogun especially.

And a lot of people who have never heard, read nor seen this man keeps talking out of ignorance. Soyinka has never loved Buhari since the 80s, he has never trusted obasanjo since they were playmates in Abeokuta, he hopes obj would change and keeps getting dissapointed.
And he can't stand the incompetence, puerile naivety and the comedy of errors of this administration. He is hugely dissapointed in the kind of Nigeria himself and his generation is leaving behind.
Soyinka does not criticize based on tribal affiliation, party politics, monetary inducement. Soyinka is just soyinka.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by miqos02(m): 3:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
uncle soyinka,cool temper

Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by dombenis(m): 3:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
Monimatic:

U are just a confused semi illiterate . grin grin grin
why do you called him a semi illiterate.? .
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by redsun(m): 4:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
A normal kindergaten pupil wouldn't need a professor to tell him/her OBJ is a nonentity. It is obvious and those that doesn't know or pretends not to are the inherently brainwashed Nigerians, the educated illiterates,the child like elders and the unfortunate youths.
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by gannod(m): 8:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
Obasanjo has outlived his usefulness
Re: Obasanjo A Seasoned Predator, An Infantile Career Liar — Soyinka by EMANY01(m): 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
[q]"This man forgot the beings of earth, forgot the beings of heaven, in turn, he forgot the presence of God. The worst kind of behavior agitated his hands – greed occupied the centre of his heart, and he was a creature that walked in darkness."[/q]

Hold on, I thought that Soyinka was rabidly atheist or is agnostic they describe themselves as?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambassadors And World Leaders Rush To Meet Buhari / Letter Of Query Issued By Ganduje To Emir Sanusi / Jonathan Declares Three Days National Mourning For Plane Crash Victims

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.