Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,481 members, 7,812,484 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:05 PM

Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka (25344 Views)

Buhari; An Economic Illiterate, Recession To Last 5 Years – Diplomats / Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka / Obasanjo Is A Liar & Economic Illiterate - Wole Soyinka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by ijustdey: 2:45am On Aug 29, 2015
The Nobel laureate, Prof. Wole Soyinka, has said that he has no respect for Obasanjo, who he
described as an indescribable liar.
Soyinka carpeted the former president on Friday
night when he was responding to questions during a programme tagged: ‘An evening with Wole Soyinka’, organised by Globacom.
Asked to respond to Obasanjo’s assessment of him in the former president’s book titled ‘My Watch’, where he notes that Soyinka is good at hunting and wines but a political illiterate, Soyinka said that he was hardly bothered because he believed that Obasanjo was a liar.
Soyinka said, “Obasanjo is entitled to his opinion.
But the question is: ‘Who respects the opinion of
a liar?’
I can spend the whole night proving that he is a liar. Obasanjo was once described by an economist, the late Prof Ojetunji Aboyade, as an economic illiterate. They nearly ‘went into blow’ that night. It was Prof. Mabogunje who separated them.
“So, if an economic illiterate calls somebody a
political illiterate, no problem at all. “In ‘ My Watch’, Obasanjo told the first lie when he said he deplored lies. Anybody who said he never plotted to have an unconstitutional third term in office, even as a writer, I need a word to describe him.”
The former President and the Nobel laureate have
been in a running battle taking swipes at each other over a lingering issue between them.
Obasanjo had once stated that Soyinka once vowed that the differences between the two of them would not be resolved on earth.
Obasanjo had also in his book, My Watch, and at
public events described Soyinka as an expert in wine matters than in political analysis.
He had said, “For Wole, no one can be good, nor can anything be spot-on politically except that which emanates from him or is ordained by him.
His friends and loved ones will always be right and correct, no matter what they do or fail to do.
He is surely a better wine connoisseur and a more
successful aparo (guinea fowl) hunter than a political critic.
“Wole Soyinka is a gifted man. I have always
acknowledged that but he is a bad politician and I
have also always said that. That is my own point of view. He may agree with it, he may not agree with it. For instance, I know that if I want somebody to give me the best wine, one of the people I will go to is Wole Soyinka and I know he has a taste for good wine and I said that in the book.”
However, last year December, shortly after the book went public, Soyinka had, in a piece titled, ‘Watch and Pray, Watch and Prey’, vehemently protested such a description (of him), calling Obasanjo ‘’an expert liar, who lies to boost his ego.’’
But in an interview granted a private television
station, Channels, on a programme tagged, ‘Book
Club’, Obasanjo, while holding on to his words, said what he wrote about Soyinka was purely his view, adding that Soyinka did not have to agree with him.

http://www.punchng.com/news/obasanjo-a-liar-economic-illiterate-soyinka/

lalasticlala

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Gombs(m): 2:48am On Aug 29, 2015

Soyinka said, “Obasanjo is entitled to his opinion.
But the question is: ‘Who respects the opinion of
a liar?’
I can spend the whole night proving that he is a liar. Obasanjo was once described by an economist, the late Prof Ojetunji Aboyade, as an economic illiterate. They nearly ‘went into blow’ that night. It was Prof. Mabogunje who separated them.
“So, if an economic illiterate calls somebody a
political illiterate, no problem at all. “In ‘ My Watch’, Obasanjo told the first lie when he said he deplored lies. Anybody who said he never plotted to have an unconstitutional third term in office, even as a writer, I need a word to describe him.”

Y'all check out who's below me. grin..

*in tuface's voice "I dey feel like Usain Bolt"

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by ladyF(f): 2:55am On Aug 29, 2015
Denying his 3rd term quest shocked These politicians sha

Its [size=20pt]LadyF[/size] again grin grin grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by seedgreen(m): 2:56am On Aug 29, 2015
Following
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by sylvar02(m): 3:05am On Aug 29, 2015
haba
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Nobody: 3:07am On Aug 29, 2015
Egotistical childish goats.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by DONMAYOR19(m): 3:11am On Aug 29, 2015
I'm so happy my able GEJ is no more there for them to talk rubbish to, hence they are now facing themselves. waiting for that big mouth to respond soon.

O God let my enemies fight themselves the way GEJ enemy are doing presently. AMEN.

122 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by macgibbs(m): 3:16am On Aug 29, 2015
Did i just read OBJ denied hid 3rd term quest? smh

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Imortal001: 3:21am On Aug 29, 2015
Wale, be very careful with obj oh
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Opiosko: 3:30am On Aug 29, 2015
sad Dog eat dog! Both Soyinka and OBJ are narrow minded self serving minions. My soul come not thou into their fighting!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Opiosko: 3:33am On Aug 29, 2015
macgibbs:
Did i just read OBJ denied hid 3rd term quest? smh
Has he ever admitted it? OBJ, The navigator of APC ship. I wail for Nigeria!

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by kennyman2000(m): 3:38am On Aug 29, 2015
Hmmmm
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Nobody: 3:44am On Aug 29, 2015
They're both useless fellows. They can beef themselves till they come to their senses and realise they should be exemplary characters for the upcoming ones.

Maybe if Soyinka had maintained his calling he might have grabbed that Oxford poet seat but I'm sure his egocentric character was an attribute to his failed quest.

Obasanjo on his own is an endemic failure with leaking mouth. A man that ruled Nigeria for 8 peaceful years but dragged us backwards. He's a coward who can't own up to any of his actions. Always looking for the easy way out. The same man that presided over the loss of bakassi and was scared stiff of his masters up North he had to authorise Sharia laws in Nigeria. He's a useless man... little wonder in his old age his family has abandoned him undecided.

57 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by ichoku: 4:22am On Aug 29, 2015
The worst part is that the two illiterates, political and economic, connived to give Nigeria a total illiterate as president.

65 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by dexpee4life(m): 4:26am On Aug 29, 2015
All I have to say is IT IS WELL WITH ALL THAT ENDS WELL
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by ARKdiscloser7(m): 4:31am On Aug 29, 2015
And these are the supposed Yoruba elders.
Chai!

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by tyson99(m): 4:31am On Aug 29, 2015
ichoku:
The worst part is that the two illiterates, political and economic, connived to give Nigeria a total illiterate as president.
wole soyinnka an illiterate

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Opiosko: 4:45am On Aug 29, 2015
tyson99:

Prof pls read his post again. Btw, it's 'Wole Soyinka'.

23 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by likila: 4:48am On Aug 29, 2015
tyson99:

his best job is a palm wine tapper.
him suppose bring am first before him taste am

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by eleojo23: 5:07am On Aug 29, 2015
OBJ and Soyinka talking too much these days. Old age is fast taking its toll on the two of them.

6 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by anomsodi(m): 5:17am On Aug 29, 2015
R u serious telll me something new
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by ORACLE1975(m): 5:45am On Aug 29, 2015
what's the Prof saying.
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by olasmith10(m): 5:59am On Aug 29, 2015
Obasanjo told d first lie when he said he dislikes lying!!!

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by handie(m): 6:29am On Aug 29, 2015
Two old men who takes pride in fooling their old age.... Watch out for Obasanjo's reply.... This could be a nice story line for Nollywood. Title? How about power and two fools?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Welrez(m): 7:15am On Aug 29, 2015
Who cares?

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by Nobody: 7:16am On Aug 29, 2015
This is the kind of leaders you have in the south.

Now compare these two old fools with politicians and elites from the north.

Have you heard or read of northern politicians fighting themselves on the pages of newspapers?

In so many ways, the north deserves to rule the south.

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by slap1(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2015
We know.
Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by menix(m): 7:22am On Aug 29, 2015
Hmm..

Watin qonsign mii, after all dey both presented us wiv an economic, political illiterate..

If baba wale luvs wine nd OBJ loves lies, then d nxt book would be "Drums of wine in a Liar's bank account"

9 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by fitzmayowa: 7:22am On Aug 29, 2015
PvtParts:
This is the kind of leaders you have in the south.
Now compare these two old fools with politicians and elites from the north.
Have you heard or read of northern politicians fighting themselves on the pages of newspapers?
In so many ways, the north deserves to rule the south.

Am inclined to agree with you on this...

2 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by b0rn2fuck(m): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Wetin for Baba iyabo reply, I trust baba iyabo, he ask answer to every question just like arsene wenger

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by dayo23(f): 7:23am On Aug 29, 2015
Prof is always right....

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, A Liar, Economic Illiterate – Soyinka by shiinihost: 7:24am On Aug 29, 2015
soyinka should learn to keep his mouth shut.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Five Ex-permanent Secretaries To Face Trial For Alleged Corruption / Boko Haram Members Killed By Security Operatives After Ambush In Borno. Photos / Laziness Responsible For North’s Opposition To Restructuring –atiku Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.