Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,843 members, 7,824,512 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:29 AM

Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) (570 Views)

Crisis In Gbajabiamila’s Camp Over Letter To Oyegun / Soldiers Kill Boko Haram Commander And Others, Recover Foreign Currency / Independent Journalist Ahmad Salkida Threatened Over Boko Haram Coverage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by Nobody: 8:57pm On Dec 24, 2014
An army commander, who wrote a comprehensive letter to President Goodluck Jonathan exposing the rot and high level corruption militating against a successful campaign against Boko Haram insurgents, is now under threat. Nigerian senior military officers after a breakfast meeting with President Goodluck Jonathan in Abuja last weekState House Photo

Lieutenant Colonel A. Wende of the 103 Battalion, who is currently serving in “Operation Zamani Lafiya” in Konduga, wrote the letter detailing the challenges confronting the army in trying to crush Boko Haram, including within the army leadership.

SaharaReporters learnt that the army authorities have threatened to court-martial Lt. Col Wende if he does not openly denounce the letter. On grounds of principle, the officer has so far refused to renounce the letter.

In the letter, the army commander made several damning allegations against his superiors including pinpointing how the General Officer commanding the 7th Battalion in Maiduguri was diverting over 600 bags of rice meant for the troops. READ ALSO

Lt. Col. Wende went as far as revealing that Nigerian army generals, including the Chief of Army Staff, Major General Minimah, do not go anywhere near the battlefronts.

He further disclosed that over 70% of army commanders are facing court martial proceedings instituted by the Nigerian army leadership.

In view of these facts being indisputable, and unable to frighten Lt. Col Wende with threats of a court martial, General Minimah on Monday tried to dismiss the letter as fake and as having been written by people he claimed are affiliated with Boko Haram.

Meanwhile, SaharaReporters has also learned that the army’s Defence headquarters has since last week quietly began to investigate the Acting GOC of 7th Division, perhaps in connection with the allege diversion of the 600 bags of rice.

In order to assist the public to understand the severity and importance of Lt. Col. Wende’s letter, we hereby publish the unredacted copy of his letter to President Jonathan in full.

SOURCE: http://naijapolitica.com/2014/12/24/why-we-cant-defeat-boko-haram-army-commander-and-family-threatened-over-letter-to-jonathan/

For latest on political news, follow us on this platform.

Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by SeverusSnape(m): 9:01pm On Dec 24, 2014
Their plans shall not come to pass.
Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 24, 2014
This kind of important thread won't enter front page,I can bet my last dollar on this.
Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by dkronicle(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Corruption everywhere. Those his superiors deserve to die. If i was ready to die, i would love to be cremated so my ashes will wipe off those criminals ruling and those other corruption practitioners claiming nigerian army to there grave. They are nothing but a big disgrace, xpecially the minimah general that is a coward
Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by Haywhymido(m): 9:36pm On Dec 24, 2014
Na today Y do u think we r still in dis same position since muritala time Is becos we hate to hear d truth. In nigeria, truthful people dont live long except dey kip mute while liars keep lying as if dia live depend on it
Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by Nobody: 9:41pm On Dec 24, 2014
This story is false as mo major news outlet has yet carried the story. Any army man dumb enough to write such an inciting letter knows he would risk been executed for treason.

No one would even be nice enough to offer him a chance to repudiate the letter

1 Like

Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by Nobody: 9:44pm On Dec 24, 2014
Why does this sound like a staged retaliation of the sheik Gunmi expose?
Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by thegoodone2(m): 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
militry. I dnot have any thing to say.
Re: Army Commander And Family Threatened Over Letter To Jonathan (@naijapolitica) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Dec 24, 2014
Unibenstudent:
This kind of important thread won't enter front page,I can bet my last dollar on this.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria's Public Debt Stock As At September 30, 2014 / Revealed: ‘actionable Intelligence’ From US On Chibok Girls Was Ignored By Milit / Rivers APC Members Shot As Buhari Begins Campaign Rivers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.