Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,797 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:10 AM

Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You (2858 Views)

Internet Crocodile Browser Developed By Osine & Anesi, Nigerian Teenagers / Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. / Add More Than One Website Url To Your Twitter Account. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 2:21am On Dec 25, 2014
You know tinyurl, googl and adfly well been studying these sites and I was able to come up with a url shortener that can help serve Nigerians better because I am a Nigerian! I built this service from scratch just to make it original! Please just for fun and testing purpose I will be glad if you use this service to share links with your friends!
features
- turn long url to short easy url that u can share even over telephone call.
- correct title for original link when you share/visit short link.
- no need to wait 5 seconds before skipping ads(like annoying adfly).
-share links to Facebook and Twitter easy after shortening.

More features to come as we show interest and support.
Url is http://ng.hints.me God bless you and happy Christmas

1 Like

Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 2:23am On Dec 25, 2014
Here is a demo link! To download fresh Christmas Songs go here http://ng.3bneiw

1 Like

Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by patrickojeh(m): 7:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
I just checked out ur url shortener, not bad. You mind if i say a thing or two?
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 1:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
patrickojeh:
I just checked out ur url shortener, not bad. You mind if i say a thing or two?
i don't mind at all,
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by patrickojeh(m): 1:51pm On Dec 26, 2014
directonpc:
i don't mind at all,
Just some minor things i noticed... The gif inside the container with a class of jumbotron causes the div to flunctuate in height, which obviously doesnt seem so nice. You could create a div that has the gif and then position it absolute. Secondly, you're not checking for blank fields before going ahead with the gif. What i'd consider most important is, you're not verifying for valid urls before going ahead with rewriting the url which isn't cool.
Aside that, great job. I could help check for more bugs...whatever you say man.
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 2:01pm On Dec 26, 2014
patrickojeh:

Just some minor things i noticed... The gif inside the container with a class of jumbotron causes the div to flunctuate in height, which obviously doesnt seem so nice. You could create a div that has the gif and then position it absolute. Secondly, you're not checking for blank fields before going ahead with the gif. What i'd consider most important is, you're not verifying for valid urls before going ahead with rewriting the url which isn't cool.
Aside that, great job. I could help check for more bugs...whatever you say man.
Thanks man will see to all the things you pointed out! This is a test run of the service if it gets enough interest I will launch the full thing! And in that final release things will be more stable! U can check for more bugs and report back! Thanks again
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by patrickojeh(m): 2:12pm On Dec 26, 2014
directonpc:

Thanks man will see to all the things you pointed out! This is a test run of the service if it gets enough interest I will launch the full thing! And in that final release things will be more stable! U can check for more bugs and report back! Thanks again
Ok. You didn’t specify a doctype. After result from the ajax request request url is shown, the main text-box for shortening url doesn’t work. The result url page form that shows the shortened url should have a readonly property...as in "<input type="text" readonly/>". Not compulsory tho.
You should also should direct all external requests coming to /engine.php, back to the index, or better still a 404.

1 Like

Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 3:19pm On Dec 26, 2014
patrickojeh:

Ok. You didn’t specify a doctype. After result from the ajax request request url is shown, the main text-box for shortening url doesn’t work. The result url page form that shows the shortened url should have a readonly property...as in "<input type="text" readonly/>". Not compulsory tho.
You should also should direct all external requests coming to /engine.php, back to the index, or better still a 404.
can't make that text field readonly.
Having direct access to engine won't hurt if the file is well secured!
Will take other points into consideration. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by Tassembly(m): 2:42pm On Feb 22, 2015
i tried this, nice but you have to do 1 thing, set seconds for ads to switch to main redirect and not giving chance to visitors to click on skip themself
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by Danyl(m): 9:13pm On Feb 22, 2015
you really tried guy.... one of the things I noticed is that you dont validate d url field before shortenung the long url to short one..
2. one of the factors that ppl look into before using a link shortener is the number of characters in the shortened url should they decide to share such links,from your own its 18 characters without http/https protocol.. http://yahoo.com for example is 17 characters shortened to 18 characters I do hope you understand this. will shorten to 11 characters so der will b stiff competition just be prepared for it. ds are some of the researches I made when I started this same application. I had to stop after finishing the core shortening module...
then make sure you gt a domain name with a short domain name as much as possible....
we can hook up still need to ask some few questions. though still planning to incorporate da into my commenting API application...
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 11:13pm On Feb 23, 2015
Danyl:
you really tried guy.... one of the things I noticed is that you dont validate d url field before shortenung the long url to short one..
2. one of the factors that ppl look into before using a link shortener is the number of characters in the shortened url should they decide to share such links,from your own its 18 characters without http/https protocol.. http://yahoo.com for example is 17 characters shortened to 18 characters I do hope you understand this. will shorten to 11 characters so der will b stiff competition just be prepared for it. ds are some of the researches I made when I started this same application. I had to stop after finishing the core shortening module...
then make sure you gt a domain name with a short domain name as much as possible....
we can hook up still need to ask some few questions. though still planning to incorporate da into my commenting API application...
thanks for your review, I will fix or point noted in next update to the script! And if I will ever launch this product officially I will get a super short domain name. That's once more: am at www.facebook.com/aboyipius
Re: Meet Ng Url Shortener Developed For You by directonpc(m): 11:15pm On Feb 23, 2015
Tassembly:
i tried this, nice but you have to do 1 thing, set seconds for ads to switch to main redirect and not giving chance to visitors to click on skip themself
there is a skip ad there! The site shouldn't auto redirect because I plan to integrate a system where users that shorten links can make money off their links too.

(1) (Reply)

Want To Own A Movie Downloading Site / Are Gtbank Visa Card Accepted On Yahoo And Facebook? / How Can I Place Advert On Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.