Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,915 members, 7,824,842 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:53 PM

Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP (2872 Views)

What Is The Real (programmable) Link Between Mysql And Html/css/javascript/php / Building Dynamic Websites (Harvard College) / Tutorial-building Dynamic Websites (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by damseremie(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2006
First of all i just want to say i am not a pro so make nobody harrass me if my question stupid.
I don't hand-code although i know basic html.

But what my real problem is that i obviously need 2 learn dynamic site design.

Noiw i use dreamweaver. photoshop etc for my web designs so i guess am more of a web designer than a web developer.

But now i need to build a basic dynamic site allowing user registration with "username and password". i have created the mySQL tables required and am using php and it works well on my pc. What ill like 2 know is how to transfer the local database on my pc to my internet server (do i just upload it? and if so where exactly do mySQL databases save to).

Or will i have to use a tool like myphpAdmin to create the datbase online(AGAIN?).

Need help ok. So am down opn my knees pleading and yes if any of u have ebooks on html ,php, ajax ,asp , mySQL etc, And u feel u can share them, I'll be very grateful. Dont worry. am not out to take anybodys jobs(hahhaha) so make una no fear.
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by signon(m): 6:39pm On Aug 14, 2006
You option at this time is to create the database from your control panel's MySQL Account Maintenance or use phpmyadmin to do same.

Using your control panel's MySQL Account Maintenance will provide you with the connection string that you can cut and paste to your program:

$dbh=mysql_connect ("localhost", "username", "<PASSWORD HERE>"wink or die ('I cannot connect to the database because: ' . mysql_error());
mysql_select_db ("databasename"wink;

Once you have your database and connecting string, all you need are the insert, select, update and delete calls and you are set to go.

Since you don't know enough of php yet, it will futile to ask you to write the mysql code and upload to your hosting, this is also an option.

Visit:
http://www.freewebmasterhelp.com/tutorials/insert
or
http://www.webmonkey.com/programming/php/tutorials/tutorial4.html

Good luck!

Godwin
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by my2cents(m): 8:34pm On Aug 14, 2006
damseremie:

As the chinese say, "He who asks now is a fool for 5 minutes. He who doesn't ask is a fool forever",

and as I like to say, "the only stupid question is one that is never asked".

I hope these help and that you get the answers you seek wink
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by timmy(m): 3:32pm On Aug 15, 2006
Well we just told him the phase one of his problems,he might still have doom set ahead of him grin
@damseremie ,
well if that works, lets hope it does, you "might" have to either create a replica user you have locally with the one online and set a global privilege to the user.

from my understanding, you know how to use PhpMyAdmin not Myphpadmin (since its yours, it sure wont work tongue) so like prodgalson said do the export thingy
Since you used dreamweaver, yyou'dalso have to edit a .php file in your siteroot/Connections/ folder ,

you sshouldsee somfin similar to this

1 <?php
2 # FileName="Connection_php_mysql.htm"
3 # Type="MYSQL"
4 # HTTP="true"
5 $hostname_examguide = "localhost";
6 $database_examguide = "examguide";
7 $username_examguide = "timmy";
8 $password_examguide = "abstract";
9 $examguide = mysql_pconnect($hostname_examguide, $username_examguide, $password_examguide) or  trigger_error(mysql_error(),E_USER_ERROR);
?>

you might have to edit line 5 (but not always, most likely that remains the same value and if u used 127.0.0.1 locally, change it to localhost online)
but certainly your line 6,7 and 8 most be well monitored else yuld be setting for doom, i just pray your client is the gentle type else na yawa for you,

anyways like i said lets know the kind of admin panel your host support, then i could give a precise help.
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by AnetorT: 9:46am On Aug 16, 2006
Thanks u all . Am yet to try it but i will and ill make sure i let u know what went RIGHT, (Or wrong). grin and to timmy yes i meant PhpMyAdmin not myphpadmin as i wrote earilier (well u got me).

I'll finish work on the site in the next 3 or 4 days so that ill put your solution to test.
Thanks again.

timmy Could u tell me exctly what details u need about my admin panel so that i can send them, (again remember am an amateur so bear with my questions if they seem foolish)
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by damseremie(m): 9:55am On Aug 16, 2006
The last message was actually from me . i mistakenly used someone else;s account who was already logged in. So here it is again

Thanks u all . Am yet to try it but i will and ill make sure i let u know what went RIGHT, (Or wrong). and to timmy yes i meant PhpMyAdmin not myphpadmin as i wrote earilier (well u got me).
prodgalson: ill finish work on the site in the next 3 or 4 days so that ill put your solution to test.
Thanks again.
timmy Could u tell me exctly what details u need about my admin panel so that i can send them, (again remember am an amateur so bear with my questions if they seem foolish)
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by Zahymaka(m): 4:45pm On Aug 20, 2006
damseremie:

The last message was actually from me . i mistakenly used someone else;s account who was already logged in. So here it is again

Thanks u all . Am yet to try it but i will and ill make sure i let u know what went RIGHT, (Or wrong). and to timmy yes i meant PhpMyAdmin not myphpadmin as i wrote earilier (well u got me).
: ill finish work on the site in the next 3 or 4 days so that ill put your solution to test.
Thanks again.

Idams it's so unclucky we don't meet online. I'd be glad to help you when I'm on. Just buzz me [I'm almost always invisible].
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by valmeji(f): 9:40am On Aug 25, 2006
Hi,
I want to create a form that can be viewed and filled online and the content of the form will reside in a database but i don't know where to start from i do know however, that i would use mysql and php. So please can anybody out there help me. embarassed

thanks
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by beccaa: 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2010
Nice sharing, I build the website here http://www.tucktail.com/ and also i got the hosting,domain name register, domain appraisal, online file folder, ssl certificate etc,
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by yawatide(f): 3:20pm On Nov 25, 2010
valmeji,

Google for "PHP forms database" and you should get a few tutorials.

good luck!
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by webaplanet(m): 5:49pm On Nov 25, 2010
WELL IF YOU NEED ASSISTANCE AND NEED TO BE GUIDED SEND A MAIL TO mysticman2009@yahoo.com
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by jeshurun07: 11:55am On Nov 26, 2010
Hello,
i can see that u have gotten some help already but u just mite neva know.

first:
DON'T SHARE YOUR ADMIN DETAILS WITH ANYONE! That is a risk. intentions can be gud but u just don't knw who u are sharing info with and the kind of security he has in place at his/her end

second:

I have plenty of materials on php/mysql and i don't mind sharin them wit u, snd an email to lekanodukoya@yahoo.com. u can also chk www.b213.net for free ebooks on php/mysql
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by dee5(m): 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2010
this guy is really a newbie.
anyway i was once like you but let me give you a piece of advise,
google is the best friend that any programmer or web developer
can have.
So i will recommend you go and read up any tutorial on google
hacking since that will help you to locate more precisely and quickly,
solutions to your problems as they arise. and try to hook up with
an established web developer who you can ask all your newbie questions.
keep it up and don't back down.
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by dee5(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2010
this guy is really a newbie.
anyway i was once like you but let me give you a piece of advise,
google is the best friend that any programmer or web developer
can have.
So i will recommend you go and read up any tutorial on google
hacking since that will help you to locate more precisely and quickly,
solutions to your problems as they arise. and try to hook up with
an established web developer who you can ask all your newbie questions.
keep it up and don't back down.
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by uthamaputi: 8:24am On Oct 20, 2011
Thanks for sharing,
Re: Building Dynamic Websites With MySQL And PHP by isaiah60: 4:55pm On Oct 20, 2011
Learn Cakephp Framework Free To Developed Website Fast-- Video Tutorial
« on: Today at 04:29:10 PM »

CakePHP is a free, open-source, rapid development framework for PHP. It’s a foundational structure for programmers to create web applications. Our primary goal is to enable you to work in a structured and rapid manner–without loss of flexibility.
CakePHP takes the monotony out of web development. We provide you with all the tools you need to get started coding what you really need to get done: the logic specific to your application. Instead of reinventing the wheel every time you sit down to a new project, check out a copy of CakePHP and get started with the real guts of your application.

CakePHP work within your organization, and want to ensure you to have the best tools, skills and understanding of the CakePHP Framework and MVC approaches
possible? Training for general development, application planning and design. Training is provided by the Create a Dynamic Team for free

Visit http://createdynamicwebsite.com now. this website is developed with cakephp

. if you want to be a guru in php and develop your web application fast, start with cakephp.

(1) (Reply)

I Want Download For Free Xrumer 7.0.10 ? / How Does Websites Like Ebay/jumia/konga/nairaland And Etc. Manage Their Website? / 10 Tips To Write SEO Friendly Blog Posts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.