Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:19 AM

Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? (1201 Views)

Pay Tithe From The Money You Got From Gambleing, Right Or Wrong? / Curious!! Breastfeeding Inside The Church, Right Or Wrong? / Why Does Rccg Celebrate Christmas And Still Say It Doesn't Celebrate Christmas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 7:21am On Dec 25, 2014
I ask a friend who is a pastor of a well known church in Nigeria if he will be going to church today but he said No,that they don't celebrate Christmas in their church. I now ask him why do they celebrate their General overseer's birthday and fail to celebrate that of Jesus christ our savour. He's yet to reply anyway. Please christian who doesn't celebrate Christmas, are they right or wrong

Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by Adeoba10(m): 7:30am On Dec 25, 2014
Check the cover of your bible....
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by niffymizzy(m): 7:36am On Dec 25, 2014
Based on Believe!!!
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by topcube(m): 7:59am On Dec 25, 2014
They are right, I belong to such denomination you are refering to. Now what your friend failed to tell you is that, Jesus Christ did not tell us in the bible to celebrate, mark or remember His birth. However, He did said we should remember passover 2Corinthians 11:24 & 25.
Coming back to the pastor whom birthday is being celebrated, he his a human & alive, he may will/wish to celebrate or not. Don't compare human with heavenlines. Moreover, if Jesus Had said His birth should be celebrated, who are we, to go against His instruction.
If you do your findings well, you will see, this thing called Christmas is a brainchild of Satan activist. Just like one church doing mass in their services. The question is why the mass in front of Christ, why not Christbirth or Christday or any suitable accomplishment and not mass. The question should be what does "mas" mean?
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by ritababe(f): 8:09am On Dec 25, 2014
Ask the 7th day adventist people
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:17am On Dec 25, 2014
topcube:
They are right, I belong to such denomination you are refering to. Now what your friend failed to tell you is that, Jesus Christ did not tell us in the bible to celebrate, mark or remember His birth. However, He did said we should remember passover 2Corinthians 11:24 & 25.
Coming back to the pastor whom birthday is being celebrated, he his a human & alive, he may will/wish to celebrate or not. Don't compare human with heavenlines. Moreover, if Jesus Had said His birth should be celebrated, who are we, to go against His instruction.
If you do your findings well, you will see, this thing called Christmas is a brainchild of Satan activist. Just like one church doing mass in their services. The question is why the mass in front of Christ, why not Christbirth or Christday or any suitable accomplishment and not mass. The question should be what does "mas" mean?
In addition teach us to number our days dat clears pastor birthday celebration. And For those who cares to hear "Christmas is pure Idolatry as Easter is"
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by shigoslim(m): 8:51am On Dec 25, 2014
topcube:

your story is baseless. If i could i find out well u may not be a Christ followers. Have u ask yourself, 'what Christmas is all about? Why Christian thinks Christ should be celebrate? If u can provide me answer for this question then i will take you seriously.
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by tobillionaire(m): 8:54am On Dec 25, 2014
topcube:
must u b told, Easter nko

1 Like

Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 25, 2014
''christians who doesn't celebrate..'' Go to school and learn to write properly before filling your head with religious nonsense.
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by lanaVello1(m): 9:07am On Dec 25, 2014
Ita not a must naa,the festival is not mandatory so can d question not just lead to an argument?!
Re: Picture:christians Who Doesn't Celebrate Christmas, Are They Right Or Wrong? by topcube(m): 1:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
lanaVello1:
Ita not a must naa,the festival is not mandatory so can d question not just lead to an argument?!

That's it, to me, it does not come with you "must" do it tag. I only choose to enlighgten op since he does not why some people don't believe or does X-mas.
To group answer some comments above. Even if will say you're acknowleging the birth of our Lord, is that why some slept in the disco house lastnight (Wed) and call it watch-night? Is that what the party here and there is all about (doing xmas)? What if our so called Pastor's use it to call those who had lost back home? What if "we" or "those" that are save also use it to have sorber reflection?

There are a lot to say. But I will "stop here for now" (SHFN)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Pastors And Their Controversial Election Prophecy/campaign / Can Anybody Help Me To Get Complete 7book Of Moses / Nigerian Christians Are Neglecting The Powerful Gifts Of The Holy Spirit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.