Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:47 PM

How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money - Computers (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money (24345 Views)

Best Network For A Cybercafe / Do You Need A Cybercafe Administrator / Cybera: The Best (free & Open Source) Cybercafe Software I Have Found So Far. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by ojevwe20: 4:13am On Jan 24, 2009
Am precious by name i can make your visa phone brows free and make call free all so MTN phone I can make it make free call open line
that is the new code i have just got any one need it let me no here is my cell no 08039114254 but not I don’t give it out for free it take me money to get it ok so any one need it will have to pay
my email benfed00@yahoo.com

Free visa phone browsing with your computer is 2000k

To make MTN make free cal 247 is 5000k

Why the new MTN shit it 1000k

To open your visa phone line free for call 247 is 5000k
I have all the code

Any one need it cell me am sorry to give you my price but I did not get it for free if i give you can give to any one so pay as you go
I don’t load my line
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by Sutek(m): 11:19am On Jan 24, 2009
I have been in cafe business for 8 years now and I can say it is very profitable especially if you are using a very reliable ISP. I've used at least 4 different ISPs before I bumped into the one I'm using presently, they have been my ISP for the past 4 years of my 8 years in business. They have been very reliable and I'm recommending them to anyone who might have a need for a good ISP. Their name is CONN SYSTEMS NETWORK, Tel 08034518174, e-mail: connsystemsvsat@yahoo.com
You can reach them and I'm quite sure you will never regret it.
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by lobinoxebe(m): 1:52pm On Jan 24, 2009
Thanks for all your efforts on this forum,

i am also having the same problem in my cafe, It really helps
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by denony(m): 2:17pm On Jan 24, 2009
Try be good to your customers.

Am an example, i operate a cyber cafe but when i left all my customers started shouting that i should come back. Its as if am holding their future, just because of the way i treat them.

secondly, start filling every online form and be perfect on it.
start every WAEC and Jamb runs, it will improve your cyber cafe.

have all the equipments like scanner, printers, photocopies, laminators everything. and don't be operating on and off, be constant, have good generators and no dull moment or excuses. then you will see the difference.

thanks
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by onlysose(m): 3:59pm On Jan 26, 2009
Aliyu Ahmed Ahmed
network security advisor
ahmedu2020@gmail.com

CYBERCAFE VENTURES: Why they fail

In the late nineties, cybercafé business used to be a very lucrative business with lots of abnormal profits. The market became contestable and lots of entrepreneurs entered and exploited the abnormal profit and then it became a normal profit venture. Put together 10-20 systems in a strategic location like a campus environment, with a dependable ISP then you are in business.

In recent times, more than 70% of entrepreneurs that had cybercafés in the late nineties have either shutdown or sold their cafes, so why do cyber café businesses fail? I ran an internet café for five years and as a networking instructor in Aptech training institute I have provided consultancy services on how to effectively run a cybercafé

There are three major factors that contribute to the failure of cybercafé ventures among which are: Power, inconsistent ISPs and then mismanagement. Most cafes generate their electricity with power plants. Instead of the power plants supporting PHCN, the opposite is the case. Some even run on power plants for days. Apart from daily expenditures on gas, within a short time the cafes have to replace the power plants due to over utilization.

Also, the ISPs are not helping matters. Cafes cannot easily know what ISPs are selling to them. Some of the cafes pay for dedicated bandwidth, and they are unknowing placed on shared connection. The truth of the matter is that you can know exactly what the ISPs are giving you because most of the speed meters online don’t give realistic readings. If you are on a shared connection, your contention ratio determines the speed of your connection. If other contenders are not browsing then you experience full bandwidth. For instance, if you are on 256kps connection with a contention ratio of 1:3 that means three other clients are sharing the connection. When everyone is browsing, you can only be guaranteed of about 85kps but when others are sleeping, you can have the full 256kps

To start a cafe you need to calculate the amount of bandwidth you need for the number of systems you are going to run and the type of traffic that needs to be transported like VOIP(Internet calls). If you hear of ISPs selling bandwidth like a 128/64kps link then you should know that you are getting a 128kps download throughput and a 64kps upload throughput. People download more than they upload so you can afford to get lower upload throughput in your link budget. But in a cafe that you will need a VOIP and just normal browsers here is how you will calculate your bandwidth:

If you are going to be having simultaneous phone calls you will likely be using a G.729a technology it is an audio data compression algorithm voice that compresses voice audio in chunks of 10 milliseconds(8kb/s codec). The 8kbs will sample the 10 milliseconds of voice per frame. In the voice packet, there will be three headers involve
IP (20 bytes) UDP (8byte) , RTP (12 bytes), or 320 bits per packet. The packet can contain a simple voice sample or a multiple voice samples. Now, lets figure out the bandwidth needed in say 10 system cafe with a maximum of 5 simultaneous calls.

Firstly we need the number of voice sample per second:
Second / voice sample = no of samples
1000ms / 10ms = 100 samples

Now figure out the overhead:
Number of samples x 320 bits = overhead
100 x 320 = 32 000 bits = 32kb/s

Total bandwidth per sample:
Overhead + codec = total BW
32 Kb/s + 8 Kb/s = 40 Kb/s

The busiest traffic is having 5 simultaneous calls that is

5 simultaneous calls x 40Kb/s = 200Kb/s

so a client will need a minimum of 200kbs for Voice plus 10kbs averagely for each system in HTTP connection( 10 x10= 100kbs)

200kbs+100kbs= 300kbs minimum for smooth operation

This sounds a bit technical, but determining the appropriate bandwidth is important to avoid wasting bandwidth. And sorry for the technical diversion.

Also, there is a misconception over two networking terminologies: bandwidth and throughput. Bandwidth is the connection capacity like having a 128kps, but most times you don’t always get the 128kps so what you are getting at a particular time is called the throughput. Consider this analogy take the bandwidth as a big pipe of water going into a neighborhood and smaller pipes tapping from the big pipe into homes. The big pipe has big bandwidth and the small pipe have small bandwidth. The more pipes tapping from the big the smaller the quantity of water each household will get. Most ISPs lure clients into paying for bandwidth, after paying, you are on your own. You will call for support twenty times. If you are lucky they pick your call, the lady will tell you its your local area network check with your system admin.

Another catastrophic factor responsible for the failure of cyber cafés is mismanagement . Because government officials get rich overnight, people in the private sector tends to emulate them. Once you employ a person to manage a café for you, immediately he or she will start strategizing on how to get rich overnight. So next time you are doing a cost benefit analysis on opening a café you have to assign a figure to mismanagement and build it into the cost.

Internet service is still expensive in Nigeria , as a result the outreach is small. The more cafe s we have the better for the market and the browsers but the fear is that technology is fast changing. Cafes mostly use Very Small Aperture Terminals (VSAT) or point to point antennae. These days people browse on their smart phones and laptops wirelessly and this is a threat against café business. Cafes located in academic environments do well because it is a necessity for the inhabitants there to browse. But outside the academic environment most cafes rely on scammers to survive . They are the only ones that can buy bulk time of 10-20hrs daily, so indirectly it is scam money that is sustaining café out there .

When making a feasibility study on opening a café, the first thing to consider is location. You need a strategic location to survive in the market, say an academic environment or busy junction in an elite dominated environment . And you need to be very careful when selecting an ISP. Any day anywhere I will recommend SimbaNet, Mweb or Cobranet, they have never failed me. The first time you visit an ISP tell them you need to meet some of their clients, from their clients you can know a lot about them. You can ask of how good their support is and things like their migration policy.

And finally, these days you cant afford to sell only internet service in your café, you have to sell a lot of other things because the internet will create traffic for the things you sell in the café . You can include these in your growth strategy:

SHORT TERM GROWTH STRATEGY

(I) Introduce more products for sale such as:

DVD rewritable
DVD recordable
CD recordable
Flash drives (128MB, 512MB)
IPODS
CARDS ( NECO , WAEC, JAMB etc ) ; charge WAEC and NECO registration, apply to secondary schools to register their students online
Recharge cards (MTN , GLO etc )

Digital camera & picture printer for passport , picture printing and American visa lottery
DVD writer for DVD burning
2 or 3 webcams

(II) Credit Card transactions
Options: Master card
Global merchant account
Third party credit card processor (clickbank, ibill etc)
E-gold account

Charge 10% of every transaction at =N=140-150 per $

Expected client uses: Visa process payment
Hotel reservation payment
Admission process payment (tuition fee) etc

(III) Organise short term internet training or weekend computer training on selected systems.
(IV) Sell Bulk time at discounted rates.
(V) Expand to wireless network so that clients can buy time and stay outside your café or in their cars to browse. There are facilities in your access point to monitor them.

LONG TERM GROWTH STRATEGY

(1.) In future you have to develop a website for your cafe. Development and hosting for a year is as cheap as =N=30,000. You can sell your products and services through your website and also sell for others with commission charges.

(2) In future you have to use part of your internet bandwidth for IT outsourcing jobs(transporting IT jobs through the internet), I visit sites like www.yahoosmallbusiness.com , www.directfreelance.com for IT outsourcing jobs

The use of inverters to support generators. The inverter can give 10-12 hours support daily.

RECORD KEEPING: An employee should be dedicated to the sales of storage media. When you buy say 2000 copies of DVDs just give him 500 copies ,and only restock him if he can account for the first 500 copies

PRINTING

An account book should be dedicated to printing services and every printing incident should be recorded( pages and amount ) and summed up at the end of the day , therefore when a rim is finishes you can calculate the lost with the aid of a print manager installed on your server. You can also refill your ink or toner cartridges.

Customer satisfaction

Open a suggestion box
Arrange for a television
Frequent use of air freshener
More sits at the balcony for waiting browsers
Watch the way your employees treat browsers

Remember: a café is not just a place meant only for browsing it is also a joint.
Keeping a client is 10 times harder than getting one.
Success in business is 80% attitude and 20% aptitude. And please don’t forget to pray after all the planning.
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by nongy011: 1:23am On Jan 27, 2009
No 1 , Cafe must be located in a very busy area and close to places like bureau de change and western union grin
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by ayobase(m): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2009
is it fast
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by cvibe: 8:09pm On Jan 28, 2009
@ poster
Make it a one stop everything you need cyber cafe.
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by ksmallsz(m): 8:57am On Jan 30, 2009
Call YahooBoiz to come and be working in the cyber cafe, You'll make money,
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by ztyle(m): 4:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
majority are saying yahoo yahoo boyz, is that the only way to improve cybercafe? undecided
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by micahori: 5:55pm On Feb 02, 2009
(1) Try to be faithfull in all your doing ,try to make thing easy for your customer so that they see that this cafy they are try to build thier cyber ,the want to progress in all thier doing try to get neccessary thing that people we surely in need of when they got to your cafy e.g card for waec,neco,jamb etc ,I pray that God we spire your live u this topical and God we improve your gain in jesus name.(amen).
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by coded777: 3:13pm On Sep 12, 2009
All nicely said.

Coded still.
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by thanz(m): 2:21pm On Sep 28, 2009
After receiving series of questions on cybercafe problems and how to solve them, there is finally hope for cybercafe businesses.

You can now download a free, but very valuable report that mentions specific actionable ideas, techniques and real life examples that you can apply immediately to your cybercafe business for optimum growth and profits.

The methods presented in this report are not theory, but practical, tested and proven. You have nothing to loose, afterall it's free but I bet you when you finish reading this report and implement the techniques outlined, you'll start seeing improvements in your cybercafe business.

You can get this report today by clicking here or you can read more by visiting the website.

Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by Nobody: 8:09pm On Dec 03, 2009
You can get a good timer @ Avosoft http://www.avo-soft.com/
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by yinkfad(m): 4:43pm On Jan 04, 2010
Welldone fellow nairalanders. i love your comments on this topic. you ve all spoken good.
I have been in the business of managing cybercafe for people as network engineer likewise i setup wireless for people. and to God be the glory they are all doing good. things u need to add to the above information is the good hand to manage the place as a engineer who will be fixing the problem for u.
the link you are using how fast it is?
then try to minize the expenses on fuel if it is much.
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by sunzie(m): 2:30pm On Jul 21, 2010
@yinkfad, i will like to meet you
my number is 08038326871
or mail me
seiduphilproject@gmail.com
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by ODNEKCITY: 6:29pm On Oct 26, 2011
how can i improve in my cyber cafe business and handling of family, friends, because my house is very close to my office
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by NET1(m): 3:51pm On Nov 02, 2011
nice thread!

.NET
Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by pmictltd(m): 1:39pm On May 30, 2013
Hello Friends,

Read through this thread. You will find how to make profit in CYBER CAFE BUSINESS
https://www.nairaland.com/873233/cyber-cafes-thin-client-technology/1#14659382

CLICK HERE ===>>> http://philmorecafeinfo/apps/blog/show/5632470-how-to-start-cyber-cafe-business READ SOME ARTICLES ON HOW TO SETUP A CYBER CAFE

IF YOU ARE INTEREST IN KNOWING HOW TO CONFIGURE THIN CLIENT ON HOST PC AND THIN CLIENT ITSELF
KINDLY CONTACT philmoreinfotech@yahoo.com or Call +234-808-6697-100, +234-803-5173-259

PHILMORE - ICT LIMITED

Philmore Cafe is one of Nigeria's most innovative Internet Cafe Setup Solution provider (ICSSP), based in Lagos. We are interested in getting an opportunity to provide a highly reliable and affordable Internet Cafe Setup Solution to you/your company. We provide the best service, quality, value for money and we always guarantee a very fast service delivery to all our customers.

FOR
How To Start Cyber Cafe Business

How to make your Internet Cafe profitable and sustain it.

CyberCafe Setup with Thin Client

VISIT: www.philmorehost.com/cybercafesetup

Re: How Can We Make A Cybercafe Gain More Money by commarrkss: 12:04am On Sep 19, 2022
HOW TO START RECHARGE CARD PRINTING BUSINESS WITH OUR MACHINE AND FREE SOFTWARE

Recharge card printing business is a lucrative one you can start with a minimum of N54,000 only. You can also make above N450,000 monthly printing recharges and vouchers with the right information and guides from Confidence Communications Limited
For more information on how you can successfully start your recharge business and make profits from it with our free software and userguide, Call Mr.David Azin on 09161908779,
Email: confidencecommes@gmail.com
www.confidencecomess..com
Buy Recharge Cards And Voucher Pins From Confidence Communications Limited Today and be on the part way to success

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Block Some Websites On A PC / 8 Laptop Components You Should Know / Visafone Internet Configuration! Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.