Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,257 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas (1344 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Synagogue Church Statement On Collapsed Building / 2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by teemanbastos(m): 8:31am On Dec 25, 2014
Kumuyi clarifies on Christmas.

Kumuyi also clarified the statement he made about the authenticity of December 25 as the date of birth of Jesus. He said, “The point is that our emphasis should not be on one day of Christmas. Why is it that we elevate one day for our celebration? “I didn’t say that Christ was not born, he was born. I didn’t say there was no date of birth, there is a date of birth. What I’m saying is that I wasn’t there, you were not there; so we don’t know the exact date, but we have picked one day for the celebration, let us move ahead.” He urged churches to continue to involve in social welfare by empowering the poor in the society. He said this would help in teaching citizens how to be their brothers’ keepers in a developing nation like Nigeria, where poverty is high.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by davo90tico(m): 8:32am On Dec 25, 2014
teemanbastos:

Kumuyi also clarified the statement he made about the authenticity of December 25 as the date of birth of Jesus. He said, “The point is that our emphasis should not be on one day of Christmas. Why is it that we elevate one day for our celebration? “I didn’t say that Christ was not born, he was born. I didn’t say there was no date of birth, there is a date of birth. What I’m saying is that I wasn’t there, you were not there; so we don’t know the exact date, but we have picked one day for the celebration, let us move ahead.” He urged churches to continue to involve in social welfare by empowering the poor in the society. He said this would help in teaching citizens how to be their brothers’ keepers in a developing nation like Nigeria, where poverty is high.
hmmmmmn
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by delishpot: 8:55am On Dec 25, 2014
Ok
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by widowhusband: 9:18am On Dec 25, 2014
Everytin wey u talk na true, the xmas,the tv,the controversal son's wedding ,we understand everytin
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 25, 2014
widowhusband:
Everytin wey u talk na true, the xmas,the tv,the controversal son's wedding ,we understand everytin
christmas,easter nd all celebrations r pure idolatry. Kumuyi u better say the Truth while u had d chance to,don't presume u will enter heaven without leading ur flock aright.
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 25, 2014
No body was there actually to confirm whether Jesus was actually born. I can see Kumuyi twisting his words again.
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by seunlayi(m): 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
he is repeating what he said before, his message is clear, Christ was born, nobody knows the exact day and time, that should not be a cause of argument among Christians, that we are shifting emphasis from the message of salvation which Christ brought. that celebrating Christmas without salvation is idolatory, that some people best day for getting drunk is christmas day, that we should go back to Bethel and do things the way it ought to be done then just following the world.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 2:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:
christmas,easter nd all celebrations r pure idolatry. Kumuyi u better say the Truth while u had d chance to,don't presume u will enter heaven without leading ur flock aright.

u sound daft. v u heard of kind Josiah religious reforms, where he destroyed idols and replaced dier days with worshiping of Yawel at d temple. king Solomon et al, wot is wrong in choosing one day to celebrate d birth of Jesus in order to systematically abolish idol worship dat day. must Jesus b celebrated d very hour he was born. in fact, Christ should b celebrated daily.

Do u know dat d SUN day we now worship in churches was a day for worshiping a particular SUN God? Do we now worship an idol coz we worship dat day? u guys should at times try to understand d origin of some tinz so dat u won't b moved around lk camels. Have u tried to ask urself wot Christianity is all abt? it origin, or even other religions
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 2:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
seunlayi:
he is repeating what he said before, his message is clear, Christ was born, nobody knows the exact day and time, that should not be a cause of argument among Christians, that we are shifting emphasis from the message of salvation which Christ brought. that celebrating Christmas without salvation is idolatory, that some people best day for getting drunk is christmas day, that we should go back to Bethel and do things the way it ought to be done then just following the world.

since some persons also get drunk and do all sorts of tinz on Sunday, can we stop worshiping da day? I just marvel at some peeps level of thinking. since some pastors even go ahead to impregnate some of deir members all in d name of being man of God, do we stop attending church?
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
correctguy0900:

u sound daft. v u heard of kind Josiah religious reforms, where he destroyed idols and replaced dier days with worshiping of Yawel at d temple. king Solomon et al, wot is wrong in choosing one day to celebrate d birth of Jesus in order to systematically abolish idol worship dat day. must Jesus b celebrated d very hour he was born. in fact, Christ should b celebrated daily.

Do u know dat d SUN day we now worship in churches was a day for worshiping a particular SUN God? Do we now worship an idol coz we worship dat day? u guys should at times try to understand d origin of some tinz so dat u won't b moved around lk camels. Have u tried to ask urself wot Christianity is all abt? it origin, or even other religions
Sorry i don't observe sunday either. And who is talking about Christainity?
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 6:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
teemanbastos:

Please what is your source ? Thanks .
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by teemanbastos(m): 7:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
TheIndustrialist:

Please what is your source ? Thanks .
At a media press conference in Ekitistate on wednesday ahead of d 3daycrusade ongoing nao.
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by honourhim: 7:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
starlingleanets:
Sorry i don't observe sunday either. And who is talking about Christainity?

You people are always worrying yourself about irrelevant things.
Re: Kumuyi Clarifies Previous Statement On Christmas by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 25, 2014
honourhim:

You people are always worrying yourself about irrelevant things.
and whats irrelevant here?

(1) (Reply)

Down / Hypocrisy In The Church? / Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.