Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,098 members, 7,818,284 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects (20917 Views)

Senate Summons Fashola Over Falling Bridges / Presidency Orders Payment Of FG Workers’ Salaries / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by oluwaseaun(m): 1:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
DukeNija:

You are insulting an Architect of great repute, an accomplished technocrat turned Vice President, but you can't even type properly. Are you not a disgrace to your family? What have you achieved in your life with the education you were gifted with? Have you been able to effect considerable positive impact in your family, community or state? You should be ashamed of yourself.
@duke,wetin be your own..the guy is jst expressing his opinion..it is u who shuld be ashamed of urself cos u acted immature..u acted like a nitwit/goon

1 Like

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by HugeMac: 1:50pm On Dec 25, 2014
Online APC rats just spewing rubbish come. February. Most of you will shed tears , Cuz all your ranting here don't matter , hope you all know that
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by onoxyx: 2:00pm On Dec 25, 2014
aresa:

Example...

That tejuosho market in one of the pix you posted was not built by Lagos state govt. research properly! thanks.

1 Like

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by Funjosh(m): 2:07pm On Dec 25, 2014
LMAO grin

Like oga GEJ, Like Sambo lipsrsealed

Howmon:
I mistook Sambo's 6-year silence for intelligence, this ranting of his just Revealed the true picture. He's more clueless than Johnny.
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by fisaylab: 2:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
Figure head VP is abusing who,do u know how to govern,what have u done in your state.

1 Like

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by errandboy(m): 3:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
I can't stop imagine VP Sambo complain that Lagos want to kill them with tax. I'm convinced that he is also clueless like his boss.

My question is that "Does Lagos state have special tax law? The answer is "NO"

The Lagos state is operating within the Tax Law of Federal Republic of Nigeria. The only thing is that they are making better(not best) use of the tax law compared to other state.

Take a look at Nigeria Tax Law and see various type of tax we have with their percentage and the way they are calculated. It will clear to you that Lagos is not imposing illegal tax on people.

2 Likes

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by Nobleskar(m): 3:51pm On Dec 25, 2014
Well. What's his contribution for the past 6 years

2 Likes

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by oduastates: 3:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
chitexy:
I agree with the VP on taxation system in lagos. The tax I pay is outrageous as compared to when I was in PH. Everyone in the company is complaining of the high tax system being imposed.
If the taxes were unbearable like you said, you would not be resident in Lagos. The only argument you may have is unfair taxation( people dodging taxes, people not captured at all and the rich not paying a fair share of taxes on their income.
If you want lower taxes , then campaign and vote on people paying a fair share.
If you doubt me , just call anyone in those countries we love running to.
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by aresa: 3:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
onoxyx:

That tejuosho market in one of the pix you posted was not built by Lagos state govt. research properly! thanks.

Who is the concessioner?
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by rasco2000me: 5:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
Oga sambo what hv u done in ur own state since ur inception people detroy people u people hv thow shame to the wind
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by BetaThings: 5:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
SaiBuharii:
This is the first time in 6 years I'm seeing something about sambo in this administration... and what are we seeing? Lambasting an administration that has set the pace for other leader's. At least I see what they use my tax to do. Sambo th figure head. Mr yes sir. Wait till Osinbanjo takes over power...he will be as active as idiagbon was.

To imagine that Okonjo Iweala is saying the government engaged McKinsey to help them advise on how to get more taxes to diversify the economy and here we have a VP saying we need to pay less

Fact is that Sambo is out of his depth
And I see this as a plan to reduce the population of Lagos in 2016 census if PDP holds the centre and APc retains Lagos
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by gbeseun(m): 6:09pm On Dec 25, 2014
Who is talking,sambo or who.OK issokay
But sambo and his alhajas should be ready to via ate DAT apartment for the peoples choice come February 2025 cos change is imminent
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by diki1(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
A good tin
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by Validated: 6:56pm On Dec 25, 2014
Hurricane Agbaje grin grin grin on the prowl.

1 Like

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by lolababe331e: 7:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
What does he have to show for his contributions when he was a governor ? Ambode will continue the good works from Fashola. Only a mad man will change a winning formula and we Lagosians are not mad.
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by aresa: 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
BetaThings:

To imagine that Okonjo Iweala is saying the government engaged McKinsey to help them advise on how to get more taxes to diversify the economy and here we have a VP saying we need to pay less

Fact is that Sambo is out of his depth
And I see this as a plan to reduce the population of Lagos in 2016 census if PDP holds the centre and APc retains Lagos

Sums it up...
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by oismail(m): 7:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
VP Sambo sef wan gain media attention. Try am tru anoda state not Lasgidi, Mallam!

1 Like

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by mizzy007(m): 7:52pm On Dec 25, 2014
crixtex:

Continue lying o.. forget dat we sef dey liv for lagos..btw sef, ve u visited Enugu bfore?
I was born,bread n buttered in enugu 042 ohky!
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by adisarasaq(m): 9:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
adconline:
So LASG DID 10-Lane Badagary Expressway?? When and Where??

Ongoing project
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by akinladejo: 3:18am On Dec 26, 2014
Who is this Sabo or Sambo u called it? You that can not win in your Ward for ur party u acoming to talk about Lagos. This sambo is too mumu. O tutu di e!
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by ifeanyi83(m): 3:46am On Dec 26, 2014
I respect the office of the vice president but did he say people are leaving Lagos?. I now see why the parts of Ikoyi was temporarily closed to traffic on wednesday...
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by Georggy1010: 3:55am On Dec 26, 2014
is okay by we Nigerians

Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by mrmetoo1: 4:20am On Dec 26, 2014
Agbaje probably needs to tell his party people to stop talking for him for him to stand a chance. So PDP plans for Lagos is no taxes?? I don't even know whether to laugh or cry that this is coming from the guy that's a heart beat away from becoming our president. Its almost how one of them too proposed reversal of Okada ban. It just shows PDP just wants Lagos for the sake of having it, no plans whatsoever.

He also said people are leaving Lagos, I actually wish this would happen but obviously this is so far from the truth. Some of our politicians talk like primary school kids, no evidence to back it up, no numbers to show the decline, they just talk just because. PDP needs a solid plan to present to Lagosians for them to stand a chance. They keep complaining about Tinubu, at least he knows how to pick competent people, people with a vision. Until they can match and surpass APC in terms of ideas and vision let them forget about Lagos.

I'm guessing this is the reason you probably have to use a magnifying glass to find anything relating to PDP on some of Agbaje's poster but what you see clearly is a big "CHANGE" tag line, now tell me that's not being coy.
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by stanech: 5:13am On Dec 26, 2014
That's my vp. We are solidly behind you
Edo state is same. The poor people can't meet up because of over taxation
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by daroz(m): 5:22am On Dec 26, 2014
Georggy1010:
is okay by we Nigerians
Abok1, u must be PDP, cos ur face look very clueless. undecided
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by smsshola(m): 7:15am On Dec 26, 2014
Even samboyi can talk now..the same man hardly find is tongue here in zango Zaria where he emanate from..someone that the road to his area in za go is so we can't plight has the got to talk in lagos .hmmm diasris God.
Re: VP Sambo Lambasts Fashola Over High Taxation & Alleged Claiming Of FG Projects by Alexisu: 8:41am On Dec 26, 2014
grin Sambo, Na only u waka come?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Polls Result: Ohanaeze Congratulates Buhari / DG-WTO: US Officially Backs Okonjo-Iweala To Lead The WTO / Aisha Buhari Plots Brother, Mohammed Halilu Modi's Emergence As Adamawa Governor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.