Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,778 members, 7,817,211 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 (43909 Views)

Photos From Wema Bank Old School Day Celebration / Historical Facts About Ilorin And Kwara Yoruba / A Brief Historical Origin Of Ibillo Community In Edo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by BUSHHUNTER: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
They all look like clowns.

1 Like

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 25, 2014
dainformant:
The above picture was taken back in Dec 25th, 1923 during a Christmas celebration in Badagry, Lagos....The racist photo shows blacks painted with the bold inscriptions 'Merry Xmas Badagry, 1923"

Source; National Helm

There's nothing racist in this pix cos I can see a black boy sitting between whites there...

Which wouod never happen in a real racist community
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
dis topic for mek senz na....
why d introduction of dat word ''Racist'?
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by zubby29(m): 12:26pm On Dec 25, 2014
PapiDShipCapt:
I don't see racism in this picture.
same with me.at least d young boy sat in between.rip to all in dat picture

2 Likes

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Ibralhas(m): 12:27pm On Dec 25, 2014
wow!!! a very historical and bewitching picture but appearance of element of racism was there.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by adepiero: 12:28pm On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

There were NO slaves in Badagry in 1923 held by white men at least.
Except you mean ALL black men were/are slaves to whites! Is that what you mean

If you want to truly inform, kindly choose your words carefully,
Cheers!
Were you born then? how can you say racism doesn't exist in 1923 and in this above pictures!

The picture tells the story. the painted black men are slaves, while the black men dressed are also slaves but higher in rank than the unclad ones. their role would most likely be interpreters/guards. they are dressed so as to differenciate them! undecided

And if your asking about the child amidst them, to the whites, he is an invalid. meaning that they care less about him
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by NoContract(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
[size=18pt]Stories from the Otueke Kingdom.[/size]
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
the letters on those dudes were photo-shopped.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by zubby29(m): 12:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
EdCure:

Yes, but maybe not in iboland.
wat is wrong with ur brain dats if u got 1 though.wat has Christmas got to do with ibos

2 Likes

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Ikegift4real(m): 12:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
na my great grand pa be dat small boy in d middle winkna my great grand pa be dat small boy in d middle
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by chiwex(m): 12:33pm On Dec 25, 2014
the merry christmass on their body is not real but edited
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Dec 25, 2014
You know it is a myth right ?
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
sexyseun:
There is no racism here in the picture above, even the little black boy is seen sitting in between the whites.
We all should be loving to each other.
madam u sexy and u bad
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by PaulSteve: 12:36pm On Dec 25, 2014
Why didn't the white men remove their clothes n use red paint to write 'Merry Xmas'? It would have made more sense n fun!
Shebi we write better on white paper?
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by dachpee(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
PapiDShipCapt:
black standing, white sitting, what's that
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by McSterling(m): 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Some of us just have a hyper-radar for detecting racism where there's none. Stop being so racism-hyper-conscious.

1 Like

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by angelo82: 12:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
Ofcourse when White man looks better he will never discriminate anyone......

PapiDShipCapt:
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by McSterling(m): 12:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
dachpee:
black standing, white sitting, what's that
You forget that it was 1923. Colonial era, friend.

1 Like

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by azimibraun: 12:42pm On Dec 25, 2014
Chai! Asking me to vote Gej is like asking the Black Negros in this photo to go back to these dark days. Impossicant thinz.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by harry509: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2014
dainformant:
The above picture was taken back in Dec 25th, 1923 during a Christmas celebration in Badagry, Lagos....The racist photo shows blacks painted with the bold inscriptions 'Merry Xmas Badagry, 1923"

Source; National Helm
gud 1 there. Pls bring my food.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by kenex4ever(m): 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
anonimi:

There were NO slaves in Badagry in 1923 held by white men at least.
Except you mean ALL black men were/are slaves to whites! Is that what you mean

If you want to truly inform, kindly choose your words carefully,
Cheers!
talking like u r one of d people in d picture
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by philips70(m): 12:45pm On Dec 25, 2014
All that interests me is I can see some guys with 6-packs while some are with pot-bellies in that pic.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by lillyjane(f): 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
Pls vote my lil girl to win the Cussons baby of the year here. https://cussonsbabymoments.com/details.php?ref=215
Xenia Chiamaka Nwobu
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by azimibraun: 12:46pm On Dec 25, 2014
Racism ke? Na as we put our hair oyibo helep us barbar am! Case closed.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by sukkot: 12:47pm On Dec 25, 2014
HopeAtHand:
Why are the black guys sooo black and ugly.

And dem dey bone face join their ugliness.

Do not be mistaken, there is a clear difference between the black and the white races.

One is obviously Superior.

Accepting the truth is the first step to total emancipation.

Living in self denial is slavery in itself.
empires come and empires go. its called the feast of tabernacles ( rulership of the world ) and the feast of yom kippur ( being the most downtrodden and humiliated and abused ). yes we are inferior at this juncture in history but that white man you are looking at once lived in caves as a neanderthal caveman walking on all fours and barking like a dog ( this was barely a thousand years go ). its called the dark ages. its the cycle of life and how God has done it. some are punished while some are exalted. we are the punished at this juncture in history

and the picture is very racist. i am sure the white people made them paint that on themselves

1 Like

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
OP choose ur choice of words pls. I see no slave or racism in this Priceless picture u showed us. Nice one anyway smiley
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by ThaProphet(m): 12:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
"little black boy sitting in the middle of the whites" therefore, no racism. undecided

My people embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 25, 2014
EdCure:

Yes, but maybe not in iboland.
weyrey

1 Like

Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by baby124: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
Wow, nice historical pic. I don't know what to feel about the pic though. Grown men being painted for art maybe? It's a little disturbing. I hope it's with good intentions.
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by anonimi: 12:53pm On Dec 25, 2014
adepiero:
Were you born then? how can you say racism doesn't exist in 1923 and in this above pictures!

The picture tells the story. the painted black men are slaves, while the black men dressed are also slaves but higher in rank than the unclad ones. their role would most likely be interpreters/guards. they are dressed so as to differenciate them! undecided

And if your asking about the child amidst them, to the whites, he is an invalid. meaning that they care less about him

In short, for you slavery is the same as racism, right
Re: Historical Pix; Picture Of Christmas Celebration In Badagry, 1923 by johncreek: 1:03pm On Dec 25, 2014
How my black brothers were treated as slaves in their country.
And we are still selling ourselves out to slavery till now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How I Will Rule My Kingdom — 17 Yr Old Delta King / Olori Naomi Oluwaseyi Ogunwusi And Her Sisters / Meet The Contenders To The Ooni Stool; How The New Ooni Will Emerge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.