Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,509 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Memories Of A Better Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Memories Of A Better Nigeria (889 Views)

Fond Memories Of A Ghanian Of Nigeria's 70s And 80s / Memories Of Festac 77 / Memories of 2007 Calabar Christmas Season/ Carnival (In Picures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Memories Of A Better Nigeria by Nobody: 12:58am On Dec 11, 2008
Do any of you guys think back on the good times in Nigeria, when the likes of Nigeria's great artists performed?
When you could listen to a song by a Nigerian artist, enjoy it, and feel that, even though things weren't perfect, everything would be alright, and you'd wake up the next day, full of longing, and hope?

I really miss those days!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=_rfxwTyRbw0

Christy Essien Igbokwe was one of my favourite singers.

"Omo mi Seun re re".

The stills used in the video are really nice, the children all look happy, even those in not so good places.

Her voice was pretty raw and untrained, today would be called husky, but was all the more endearing because of it.

The good old days in Nigeria, will they ever return?  sad
Re: Memories Of A Better Nigeria by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 11, 2008
are you talking of the 1970s?
Re: Memories Of A Better Nigeria by syphillis: 1:05am On Dec 11, 2008
ahhh so siena bobo is really back shocked shocked shocked kiss kiss

now siena watever happend to my BMX bicycle u were supposed to convert to hummer angry grin
Re: Memories Of A Better Nigeria by Nobody: 1:14am On Dec 11, 2008
David, probably the mid 70's to early 80's, not sure.

Syphillis, I never got the base bicycle, so the project never really took off.
Re: Memories Of A Better Nigeria by benincitys(f): 11:13am On Dec 11, 2008
welcome back ,
topic no ideal.

(1) (Reply)

Travelling From Ota To Abuja / Post-mutallab USA visas' success rate for Nigerians / How Can I Get Malaysian Visa Stamp In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.