Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,240 members, 7,867,633 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:13 PM

Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo (446 Views)

Sir Adeyemi Osinbajo - Prof Yemi Osinbajo's Father (photo) / Prof. Yemi Osinbajo And His Beautiful Mother (Photos) / Prof. Yemi Osinbajo Having Breakfast (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 5:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
The vice presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Prof Yemi Osinbajo, on Thursday said the country needs a man of integrity like General Muhamadu Buhari to end corruption in the country.

Osinbajo, who joined passengers in the Bus Rapid Transit from the Tafawa Balewa Square to Barracks area of Lagos, urged Nigerians to vote for Buhari, saying he is the only one that can curb corruption in the country.

The former Lagos State Commissioner for Justice addressed passengers in the bus, saying he would utilise “unusual opportunities to reach out to Nigerians on the need to vote out the PDP.”

He said, “Every Nigerian knows that General Buhari is no-nonsense person. He is going to make changes that would turn Nigeria around for the better. Remember that the APC is the party of change, collect your PVC and ensure that you vote for the APC.

“The only way to make an omelet is to break an egg, you have to do something and I think that all of us, whatever it is that we are involved in, must be interested in making a difference in this country. This country needs help desperately, considering the economic and the security challenges, everyone of us must be involved in trying to get a change.”

While responding to a question by one of the BRT passengers identified as Mfawa Edet on whether Buhari was sponsoring Boko Haram, Osinbajo dismissed the allegations as “pure propaganda,” noting that If Buhari was sponsoring the Boko Haram sect, they would not have attempted to kill him.

The arrival of Osinbajo at Barracks area of Lagos attracted APC supporters and caused a mild gridlock on the road. Party supporters, who chanted solidarity songs, struggled to take photographs with him.

An elderly woman, identified as Mrs. Wesu Egunemi, caused a mild drama on the bridge when she held Osinbajo in a handshake and asked, “Are you the Osinbajo, the vice-presidential candidate of Buhari? Please do well when you get to power.”

Osinbajo also addressed commuters on the Barracks pedestrian bridge about the plan of the APC to alleviate poverty in the country.

He said, “You can only get to change this country by having the right people in government. One thing I can assure you is that I will not break my promise.”

Giving an account of his stewardship as the Attorney General of Lagos State, Osinbajo said the Lagos State judiciary recorded huge success because he enforced a zero tolerance for corruption.

He said during his tenure, 22 Magistrates and three judges were sacked because of corruption-related cases

From: http://www.punchng.com/news/nigerian-needs-buhari-to-end-corruption-osinbajo/?
Re: Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by temitemi1(m): 5:58pm On Dec 25, 2014
Osinbajo must be a joker, ending corruption where tinubu is d king is impossible. GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by Nobody: 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
It sounds like a movie script:

"Out of the whole mankind, only one man, yes one man, could be found with a pure heart to save the whole world".

I just hope this movie doesn't turn out to be a flop, my popcorn is in the microwave sha.

Observing!
Re: Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by PapiDShipCapt(m): 6:02pm On Dec 25, 2014
I pray the way he is talking, he don't see a twist where he would be given a special script contrary to his wish to voice out while address the citizen n media.

MODIFIED
Is like the peeps above, read my mind. Things r easier said than done.
Re: Nigerian Needs Buhari To End Corruption - Prof Yemi Osinbajo by majorfarms(m): 6:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
Thought da prof is an Associate pastor?
So Nigeria dosnt need God again to overcome corruption, its now General Muhammadu Buhari. Okay oh, we don hear.

(1) (Reply)

Step Down For Buhari, Catholic Priest Tellsjonathan / ’the Untruths In The Buhari Anti-boko Haram Claims’ / When Will This Boko Haram Menace End

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.