Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,886 members, 7,866,386 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:30 PM

FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each (1284 Views)

CCT Trial: Saraki Hires 66-SAN Defence Team / FG Hires European Mercenaries To Fight B’haram / Amazing Insight Into The BH Insurgency: Not To Be Missed By (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by LRNZH(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2014
To control the consequences of Boko Haram insurgency and other forms of insecurity in the country, the Federal Government has hired NICON Insurance Plc to insure 125,000 secondary school students scattered in 104 unity schools across the country.

Each student of the unity schools is expected to pay N5,000 premium per annum. This means that the company would be raking in N625m per annum from the insurance scheme.

NICON Insurance, a company that once belonged to the Federal Government was sold to business mogul, Jimoh Ibrahim, a chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party in 2006.

Investigation by our correspondent showed that there was no bidding for the insurance contract which has been handed over to NICON Insurance as the sole underwriter of the 104 unity schools scattered across the country.

In a circular informing parents and guardians of the new fee to be paid, a principal of one of the unity schools in the country said the new policy was because of the general security challenges across the country.

The circular reads, “Due to the security challenges in the country, the Federal Ministry of Education has employed the services of NICON Insurance Company to insure Federal Government College students.

“Each student is expected to pay N5,000 yearly and also complete the form attached. This amount will be remitted into NICON Insurance account to be supplied later.”

In a telephone interview with our correspondent, Spokesman of NICON Insurance Plc, Mr. Ade Adesokan, confirmed that the company was in the process of rolling out the product. He confirmed that the company was the sole underwriter nationwide.

In the parlance of the insurance company, the scheme is titled Students Welfare Insurance Scheme for Unity Schools.

Adesokan said, “The student welfare insurance scheme is a product designed by NICON Insurance Limited to provide much needed benefits under a combined personal accident and life cover for the students and their sponsors.”

According to the company, in the case of accidental death of a student, the sponsor named in the policy would be entitled to N500,000.

In the event of the death of sponsor or guardian of a student, the student would be entitled to payment of school fees up to the year of graduation from the secondary school (maximum of N500,000 for this benefit).

http://www.punchng.com/news/insurgency-fg-hires-nicon-to-insure-125000-students/
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:12pm On Dec 25, 2014
At what time did the President of PDP and his people attach real value to human life?
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by resty4(m): 6:13pm On Dec 25, 2014
C what a fraud!
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by LRNZH(m): 6:15pm On Dec 25, 2014
aze:
At what time did the President of PDP and his people attach real value to human life?

GEJ + PDP + Jimoh Ibrahim + NICON + N625 Million = Stealing is not Corruption
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 25, 2014
Why is Jonathan hell bent on bankrupting the country..Even d world renowned thief Obj wasn't worse as this..
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 25, 2014
LRNZH:

GEJ + PDP + Jimoh Ibrahim + NICON + N625 Million = Stealing is not Corruption
Giving a national contract to a man who is known to always go bankrupt
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Adminisher: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
It is against the law to selectively insure a certain group of students this way. If you must do it let it meet fg procurement guidelines. Competitive bidding and many companies involved.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by taharqa: 6:23pm On Dec 25, 2014
What is fraudalent bout this? Do you dolts even know what insurance is??
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by LRNZH(m): 6:24pm On Dec 25, 2014
olatunji21:

Giving a national contract to a man who is known to always go bankrupt

Everything smells of high level corruption.

Is the insurgency nationwide that they're taxing students in all Unity schools nationwide?

They cannot provide security or adequate learning materials in schools but they will collect their N5000 each.

There was no competitive bidding for this contract.

Jimoh Ibrahim is bad business as usual and he's a PDP chieftain.

taharqa:
What is fraudalent bout this? Do you dolts even know what insurance is??

Read above and learn pls.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Adminisher: 6:25pm On Dec 25, 2014
Adminisher:
It is against the law to even selectively insure a certain group of students this way. If you must do it let it meet fg procurement guidelines. Competitive bidding and many companies involved.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:29pm On Dec 25, 2014
This is a welcome development...
if u have the eyes try and see

1 Like

Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 25, 2014
After failing to protect lives and property, the president has now gone extra mile by selecting student in unity as those that worth living, private school student are no longer Nigerians..
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:32pm On Dec 25, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:
Seems u don't know Jimoh Ibrahim
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:35pm On Dec 25, 2014
All Air Nigeria flight operations
nationwide are to be shut down effective
from Monday next week.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the
directive for the closure of the airline’s
operations was handed down by its
billionaire businessman owner, Jimoh
Ibrahim, who also reportedly ordered that
all, but 50 of the workers on the company’s
payroll, be sacked with immediate effect.
The Airline’s Public Affairs Manager,
Sam Ogbogoro, could not confirm nor
deny the report, although he directed
inquiries at the Chairman of the company.
“I am sorry I don’t have any information
on this. Why don’t you reach Air Nigeria
Chairman directly,” Mr. Ogbogoro told
our reporter who called on Wednesday
from Abuja to confirm the report. The
manager advised the reporter to work with
the information available to him.
But it was gathered that the decision to
order the temporary shutdown of the
airline operations was as a result of
allegations of “staff disloyalty and the anti-
business environment in the aviation
sector”.
The airline, which had continued to run
regional and international flights after the
government suspended its domestic
operations on bankruptcy allegations a few
months ago, said the decision to shut down
flight operations would remain in force for
at least one year.
The company however expressed regrets
for any inconveniences the decision would
cause its passengers on all the routes across
the country, and advised affected customers
to contact agents from whom they had
purchased their tickets for appropriate
attention and necessary refunds.
Mr. Ibrahim assured customers the airline
would survive its current ordeals, adding
that the decision to suspend operation is for
the good of all stakeholders.
“Corporations are like individuals who
naturally will get sick and the usual thing
to do is to admit them in the hospital, either
for corporate surgery or for treatment, as
the case may be,” Mr. Ibrahim is quoted to
have said.
“The period of the temporary shut down of
flight operations is to enable management to
find a cure for the problem that have been
identified.”
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by obiZEAL(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2014
We need a holistic approach to BH
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:38pm On Dec 25, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:
pls look below

Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2014
eighTHREAD:
pls look below

what if ur assumed God is not my God??
abeg go siddon.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:40pm On Dec 25, 2014
olatunji21:
All Air Nigeria flight operations
nationwide are to be shut down effective
from Monday next week.
PREMIUM TIMES gathered that the
directive for the closure of the airline’s
operations was handed down by its
billionaire businessman owner, Jimoh
Ibrahim, who also reportedly ordered that
all, but 50 of the workers on the company’s
payroll, be sacked with immediate effect.
The Airline’s Public Affairs Manager,
Sam Ogbogoro, could not confirm nor
deny the report, although he directed
inquiries at the Chairman of the company.
“I am sorry I don’t have any information
on this. Why don’t you reach Air Nigeria
Chairman directly,” Mr. Ogbogoro told
our reporter who called on Wednesday
from Abuja to confirm the report. The
manager advised the reporter to work with
the information available to him.
But it was gathered that the decision to
order the temporary shutdown of the
airline operations was as a result of
allegations of “staff disloyalty and the anti-
business environment in the aviation
sector”.
The airline, which had continued to run
regional and international flights after the
government suspended its domestic
operations on bankruptcy allegations a few
months ago, said the decision to shut down
flight operations would remain in force for
at least one year.
The company however expressed regrets
for any inconveniences the decision would
cause its passengers on all the routes across
the country, and advised affected customers
to contact agents from whom they had
purchased their tickets for appropriate
attention and necessary refunds.
Mr. Ibrahim assured customers the airline
would survive its current ordeals, adding
that the decision to suspend operation is for
the good of all stakeholders.
“Corporations are like individuals who
naturally will get sick and the usual thing
to do is to admit them in the hospital, either
for corporate surgery or for treatment, as
the case may be,” Mr. Ibrahim is quoted to
have said.
“The period of the temporary shut down of
flight operations is to enable management to
find a cure for the problem that have been
identified.”
A man who cannot successfully manage his own business because of Competition, now tell me how he is going to do this..
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 25, 2014
olatunji21:

Seems u don't know Jimoh Ibrahim

and how is it my business if I don't know him...
besides the people I know, don't know if that entity or whatsoever, can compete with the least of the list.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by LRNZH(m): 6:48pm On Dec 25, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

besides the people I know, if that entity or whatsoever can compete with the least of the list.

What is this old daddy saying

Which list?
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 6:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
LRNZH:

What is this old daddy saying

Which list?

plz... I wasn't talking to u...
lemme ask u: can u attend a departmental course exam u weren't lectured on??

pls if u don't understand, here is not a school where u can be made to understand...

the earlier u know all dis, I think the better for u.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by LRNZH(m): 6:57pm On Dec 25, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

besides the people I know, don't know if that entity or whatsoever, can compete with the least of the list.
NOBLEDANDY:

plz... I wasn't talking to u...
lemme ask u: can u attend a departmental course exam u weren't lectured on??

pls if u don't understand, here is not a school where u can be made to understand...

the earlier u know all dis, I think the better for u.

But you're the one commenting on a topic you're clueless on.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 25, 2014
LRNZH:

But you're the one commenting on a topic you're clueless on.

I know ur propaganda.
you just wanna let ur thread enter the next page.
well I don't give a damn.
just that ur tactics has been blown open... Lame a§§ idiat.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by LRNZH(m): 7:06pm On Dec 25, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

I know ur propaganda.
you just wanna let ur thread enter the next page.
well I don't give a damn.
just that ur tactics has been blown open... Lame as.s idiat.

May your prayers be answered by Jisos of Otueke. undecided undecided undecided
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by san316(m): 8:11pm On Dec 25, 2014
Government of the people, for the people and by the people.

I bow for our politicians.
Re: FRAUD: BH Insurgency, FG Hires NICON To Insure 125,000 Students @ N5,000 Each by iyatrustee(f): 9:54pm On Dec 25, 2014
I was amazed myself when I saw it in my daughters school bill.

The main issue was that they didn't spell out the terms of the insurance. Would they cater for the child's education in the event of death or permanent disability of the parent or what?

For now, it has been suspended because National PTA of unity schools said it was not tabled before them.

(1) (Reply)

Did Pastor Adeboye Intentionally Did This To President Jonathan? / This Is What Pres. Jonathan Said In 2011 / #boycottbuhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.