Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) (49019 Views)

[DEAL] South African Firms Acquire 100% Of Ikeja City Mall / My Convocation Day Pictures / Pathetic State Of A Post Office In Lagos (picture) Chaii!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by mitchyy(f): 7:50am On Dec 26, 2014
*sighs* This is NOT Shoprite. It is a mall. Shoprite is only a shop inside the mall, same way we have several shops in the mall too. So how can you hold Shoprite responsible for how Ikeja City Mall looks? Na dem get am?
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by popcykaylah(m): 7:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:
The mall looks small and dirty for a city like Lagos . Shoprite needs to upgrade their facilities and stores
oga park well..the mall is just over crowded that's all..place wey dey fashola backyard go dirty.. have you been at the mall at all.?
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by popcykaylah(m): 8:00am On Dec 26, 2014
its always like that at all shop rite malls..especially the Ikeja mall..ever since its been opened people don turn am to resort on the 25th they go there to feed thier eyes and take photos and then head home ..

2 Likes

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by NaLaugh: 8:07am On Dec 26, 2014
After much window shopping, they got tired, and decided to wind down with a pool party cheesy

1 Like

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by iamord(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2014
NaLaugh:
After much window shopping, they got tired, and decided wind down with a pool party cheesy
this one na sea party! God forbid
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by iiiyyyk(m): 8:16am On Dec 26, 2014
Chai, nigeria backward sha!
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by ogaofficer(m): 8:17am On Dec 26, 2014
popcykaylah:

oga park well..the mall is just over crowded that's all..place wey dey fashola backyard go dirty.. have you been at the mall at all.?
bros help me tell im wella o o
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 8:25am On Dec 26, 2014
Shows there is scope for a few more malls in lagos. Left to me if I had money for development I'd turn the existing grounds of national stadium Surulere to a shopping mall and amusement park with plenty of rides and greenery, while still maintaining the spots facilities like tennis, volleyball, basketball etc, but not the main bowl. Lagos needs a proper amusement park.
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Nobody: 8:32am On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:
The mall looks small and dirty for a city like Lagos . Shoprite needs to upgrade their facilities and stores

lol ..shoprite ..dirty?

its obvious you haven't been there before ..
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Revolva(m): 8:32am On Dec 26, 2014
hahaa seee people....crowd..like say na music concert dem attend
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by miketayo(m): 8:54am On Dec 26, 2014
OP its Ikeja city Mall not Ikeja shoprite.. is shop rite the only store dere. Nigerians shaaaaaaa

1 Like

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by miketayo(m): 8:56am On Dec 26, 2014
NaLaugh:
After much window shopping, they got tired, and decided to wind down with a pool party cheesy

if thats your pool party i would rather stay at home..that is typhoid in d making

1 Like

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by jsunex(m): 9:10am On Dec 26, 2014
The country is hard yet see crowd dey buy tins... I luv naija
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by lokito: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:

Quite unfortunate you've NEVER been to shoprite
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by chizzypie: 9:34am On Dec 26, 2014
Too many uneducated people on NL with crap posts. Its a pity its a forum where anyone can just post when they know shit...

SHOPRITE is not IKEJA CITY MALL and vice versa. Not everyone who visits the City Mall wants to enter Shoprite. And to the OP. Shoprite is inside Ikeja City Mall just like Silverbird cinemas, Mr Price and other fun place in the mall, hence the crowd. SMH for this forum.
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Atk01(f): 9:51am On Dec 26, 2014
DonaldGenes:

do you rap!
Nope.
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by iamord(m): 10:06am On Dec 26, 2014
miketayo:

if thats your pool party i would rather stay at home..that is typhoid in d making
ring worm, elephantiasis , Amebiasis , Cryptosporidiosis , cholera , E. Coli 0157:H7 , Vibrio Infection , marine kingdom attack and every form of evil infection you can think of will be in this water! grin

1 Like

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by EmmyDe25(m): 10:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Mehn... The crowd was crazy yesterday. Thought the world was coming to an end. Or people actually came to witness the birth of Jesus christ.
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by redcliff: 10:11am On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:

Show me where you saw the dirts? You must be having colour blindness. Dolt

1 Like

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by anonimi: 10:21am On Dec 26, 2014
COMPAQ:
Shows there is scope for a few more malls in lagos. Left to me if I had money for development I'd turn the existing grounds of national stadium Surulere to a shopping mall and amusement park with plenty of rides and greenery, while still maintaining the spots facilities like tennis, volleyball, basketball etc, but not the main bowl. Lagos needs a proper amusement park.

There are many AMUSEMENT parks in Lagos state already owned & run by private outfits.
Please find out.

Lagos state & its 20 LGAs plus 37 LCDAs should simply ensure

- they employ, pay & motivate workers enough to provide & maintain the services, utilities & infrastructure that they are responsible for, including environmental sanitation!
- there are adequate economic opportunities for people to earn well & be able to afford going to these EXISTING places

The LGAs can subsequently provide small amusement parks/ relaxation areas for those who still cannot afford to go to the big PRIVATE places.

For the free education of & knowledge sharing with those who may not know =>

CONSTITUTION OF THE FEDERAL REPUBLIC OF NIGERIA

Schedules
Fourth Schedule
Functions of a Local Government Council
1. The main functions of a local government council are as follows:
(a) the consideration and the making of recommendations to a State commission on economic planning or any similar body on -
(i) the economic development of the State, particularly in so far as the areas of authority of the council and of the State are affected, and
(ii) proposals made by the said commission or body;
(b) collection of rates, radio and television licences;
(c) establishment and maintenance of cemeteries, burial grounds and homes for the destitute or infirm;
(d) licensing of bicycles, trucks (other than mechanically propelled trucks), canoes, wheel barrows and carts;
(e) establishment, maintenance and regulation of slaughter houses, slaughter slabs, markets, motor parks and public conveniences;
(f) construction and maintenance of roads, streets, street lightings, drains and other public highways, parks, gardens, open spaces, or such public facilities as may be prescribed from time to time by the House of Assembly of a State;
(g) naming of roads and streets and numbering of houses;
(h) provision and maintenance of public conveniences, sewage and refuse disposal;

More from: http://www.waado.org/nigerdelta/documents/ConstitutionalMatters/1999Constitution/FourthSchedule.html

The 774 LGAs all over Nigeria receive billions every month from the Niger Delta oil revenue shared monthly to EMPLOY & pay workers to carry out these activities.
If we do not make them do it and keep complaining about the president ONLY, what does that make us?
- MUMUS
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by jom28gy(m): 10:52am On Dec 26, 2014
What are they doing there?
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by iamord(m): 11:06am On Dec 26, 2014
@anonimi . Thanks for that.. I keep saying it that the loacl government is the most ineffective arm of the government! Its the grass roots.. By now there are things that suppose to be in place.. A local gov radio station or tv station. Mini city halls.. emergency hotlines! Yellow books. Pamphlets and stuffs on attraction and investment opportunities in each consistency.. Spatial urban plan etc.. I can go on and on.. The people are not just serious. So they deserve the people that rule them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by tophee(m): 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dalyricz:
why are so many people in inside the shoprite

Its as if the world is coming to an end and some lagosians be like 'let's do some shopping so we won't run out of Stuffz when we geht to heaven'

*Modified*

Lord I thank you for fulfilling my day,at least I made front page and even if I no see gift collect for xmas,some kind hearted nairalanders will give me enuf likes to make today be one of my best xmas EVER!!!
guy,abeg shey fp na gold ni wey u dy thank God like say you win lotto,i don't really get this fp shii
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Alarib(m): 1:06pm On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:

Dirty? I guess you've never been there then. The phrase 'too small for a crowd of that capacity' should suffice.

1 Like

Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Goldienana(f): 1:15pm On Dec 26, 2014
Raiders:

my dear the mall is nt small, it's a close shot. And it's nt dirty.
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by koolg: 1:40pm On Dec 26, 2014
Dalyricz:
why are so many people in inside the shoprite

Its as if the world is coming to an end and some lagosians be like 'let's do some shopping so we won't run out of Stuffz when we geht to heaven'

*Modified*

Lord I thank you for fulfilling my day,at least I made front page and even if I no see gift collect for xmas,some kind hearted nairalanders will give me enuf likes to make today be one of my best xmas EVER!!!

in inside d biiiig red bag

u de watch baggage too much
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by amparas(m): 1:57pm On Dec 26, 2014
This one na really immigration exam
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by cutiesoglam(f): 3:03pm On Dec 26, 2014
Assuming it is anoda city apart from Lagos , peeps wil b shouting "dis city or town is local"...#SmH#
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by sonnie10: 5:04pm On Dec 26, 2014
iamord:
clear the code of violation in balogun and idumota market , then come back

I am sure that you do not know the difference between an open market and a shopping mall with specified guideline on maximum occupant factor
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2014
Wendyslim:
Toh undecided. Most of dem na first timer lipsrsealed
Bullshit! There's always a first time for everything.
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by Emmyk(m): 8:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
promisechild:
Most of them went to buy tooth pick

wow! This xmas is the best ever for me because i made front page.

I want to use this medium to send my compliments to all my friends in kogi state university, in person of emmyk,emmyo,frizy,biggy,joe,daniel accompany with dagana and ocheja niggas,fort chorikos lodge,romeo kabal and all philosohy students across the globe.
I see you bro. Happy Holidays
Re: State Of Ikeja Shop Rite On Xmas Day(pictures) by NaLaugh: 9:05pm On Dec 26, 2014
miketayo:

That's what i imagine the pool party equivalent of the window shoppers posted above would look like cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Big Python Killed At FGGC Staff Quarters Calabar (pix) / Gas Explosion Rocks Kaduna, Many Feared Dead / Photo And Video Of The Snake I Killed Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.