Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,410 members, 7,836,645 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? (29442 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / First Step Of Rebuilding The 3rd Temple after 2,000 years / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
frakdon:
nd which 1 is yur own local religion, biko? Which 1 make we follow?

Face ur own jarre.
Follow ur own religion.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
frakdon:
I still don't knw this religion yu speak of? Idol? Or which 1 is it?

Whats this idol?
Stop playing with that word all the time without understanding its meaning. Is it a religion or a ritual device?

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
sadebowale:
Of all men, you're the most ignorant.

but what's your problem seriously He asked a question! He as well as other people like me that share similar views need answers, the best you could do was to either answer it or pass, instead you resort to insulting, is that how you were taught? It shows you have been conditioned, conditioned to attack when something tries to take your thoughts of its comfort zone. When a
Logical question comes up and challenge your beliefs and faith. it causes cognitive dissonance that it physically affects you guys in a negative way that you'll do anything to feel better and not defeated. I know that feeling!!! the grime reality is that since your type have no logically explanation to the question and are afraid to bring it up in your heart for fear of what ù have known. You thereby resort to aggression.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 10:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
GSKing:

Them clever colonialists.

Imagine what would have happened if the missionaries came before the slave trade.

Why did the missionaries come last after Africans have suffered, died and wasted in the hands of the Englishmen?

Can't you see their genius tactics?

grin
and they are genius once again cos the blacks are defending them for dipping their clothes in gutter . U can imagine
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 10:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
sapientia:

ooh.. I only agreed not to question God.. If i wont questions another man's religion.. I will let you know.. Till then.. If it aint christianity.. I dont believe you.. Simple
then don't complain when your religion is lambasted
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by gawu1: 10:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
Larow:
na u gangan be d Oponu! Instead of talking about africa as a whole, u mentioned Nigeria! Its right 4 some1 with a functional brain to ask. Now to ur answer! it was a task on the preachers of the gospel den cos they faced a lot of rejection, died as a result of enviromental effects and diseases! Jesus never told us to enforce it on any1 like d devil himself(Mohameed) who will fight and kill to ensure u accept his god! So its only logical! It has to take a very long time! But anyway, long time or not, d fact remains dat it has spread all over d entire world, so how does d time 4 it to reach me concern ur ancestors? That is d more reason we don't progress as blacks! Thinking about useless issues just like dis.
One problem with factory babies is that anything you do they must introduce gutter language. Their main characteristic is vulgarity. This bastard is surely one of them.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by gatiano(m): 10:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
true, except that we were not the first people to receive the bible, we gave and revealed the bible and all the other books, and also raised the prophets, the major ones.

sukkot:
[b]this is the type of questions asked by people without the ability and intellect to reach far back into history, as far back as 6000 years. life on earth did not start 2000 years ago you know. first of all what you call christianity only reached africa about 600 or so years ago because that was when the religion itself was formed by the caucasian roman empire. the religion being brought to africa was as a means to dumb you down mentally so they can have power over you. now this is the religion christianity. however before the books were compiled into a bible by the white man, the scrolls were written in egypt about 4000 or so years ago and at that point in time it was just a holy constitution and not a religion. and when it was a holy constitution and not a religion, the first people who got introduced to it was negros. it is that portion of negros that rejected it that was kicked into the interiors of africa which africa is the purgatory ground ( hell )) for all those who reject the word. all those who rejected the word and got kicked into africa instead chose babylonian voodoo religion of worshipping woods and stones. so the point here is that the negros of africa are the first people in the world to recieve the 'bible'. what was reintroduced to them much later on is a compiled version of what they had rejected and this compiled book encased in religion is what was re-introduced to you. but you are the first people who got the old testament scrolls. the new testament however was written later on as a guide to the saints when they were going to convert the gentile nations. so the core of the bible is the old testament. the new testament is a compilation of letters back and forth between the saints encouraging each other etc.[/b]
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sukkot: 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
gatiano:
true, except that we were not the first people to receive the bible, we gave and revealed the bible and all the other books, and also raised the prophets, the major ones.

i am pretty sure we received it from God ( written by men inspired by the spirit of God in what is alegorically and symbolically ppresented as moses collecting the 10 commandments from God ), and didnt give it from our own vain opinions. so we received it first wink
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by JesusisLord85: 10:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
ROSSIKE:
If 'Jesus, the son of God' came to this earth and was born in the middle east in 1 AD, how come it took 2,000 years before this message from ''the son of god'' reached us in Nigeria? And then only when Europeans needed slaves and lands to colonize and loot for raw materials necessary to power their industrial revolution? Are you saying God did not deem it necessary to inform all those millions of Africans that would have lived from 1 AD to 1850 of the glorious kingdom of his son until Europeans decided just a couple hundred years ago they needed to raid Africa and loot resources? Did 'God' really 'postpone' the Nigerian introduction to his 'truth' until such a time as the Europeans needed to conquer and loot our lands, a full 2,000 years down the line, and why?

The ways of this imported 'God' are indeed strange!!

Haha.

In truth, the gospel was first preached to you negroes in the desert.

Read Hebrews 3 and 4

Couple excerps:
Hebrews 3:7-10
7 Therefore as the Holy Ghost saith: “Today if ye will hear His voice,
8 harden not your hearts as in the provocation, in the day of temptation in the wilderness,
9 when your fathers tempted Me, proved Me, and saw My works forty years.

Hebrews 4:2 "For unto us was the Gospel preached, as well as unto them; but the Word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in those who heard it."

Who is the "them"? It refers to their fathers while they were in the desert.

oh oh..The gospel is not as new as many here think...probably because they do not know what it is in the first place.

The good news is that Yahshua is our passover lamb, and he taketh away the sins of Israel, so that we may come back into covenant with him.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by gatiano(m): 10:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
Yes, you are right, we received first due to our forgetfullness (which is what is called evil in modern word). But who is this GOD that gave it to us?
if you are a blackman or mullatto, do you believe that you have a first self (which act as your ancestral father, your unconcious mind)? That you can never die? that has Jesus rose 3 days after, you also will and have been rising for the past 6 thousand years? this is why i call it self forgetfulness. that 3 days is in hell for cleansing due to the filth of the caucasian. depending on one's sin and willingness to repent, that 3 days can seem like 3 minutes to 3 years, then you ascend to GOD (24 elders in divine unity), then meet yourself (firstself), then may decide to come back again for more experience in a different physical body through a different biological parent. we can never die, thus the white scientists are trying to be on orion which is close to sirius (base) to steal a hearing. this might seem like a movie to you, but this is fact. this your firstself with all the other first self of exactly 1,008,000,000 firstself in divine unity build the universe and all the planets that revolves in it. there are 100 elements in the periodic table, thus there are 100 solar systems too (this i don't quite understand too well), the law of that is "as below, so above".

sukkot:
i am pretty sure we received it from God ( written by men inspired by the spirit of God in what is alegorically and symbolically ppresented as moses collecting the 10 commandments from God ), and didnt give it from our own vain opinions. so we received it first wink
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sukkot: 11:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
gatiano:
Yes, you are right, we received first due to our forgetfullness (which is what is called evil in modern word). But who is this GOD that gave it to us?
if you are a blackman or mullatto, do you believe that you have a first self (which act as your ancestral father, your unconcious mind)? That you can never die? that has Jesus rose 3 days after, you also will and have been rising for the past 6 thousand years? this is why i call it self forgetfulness. that 3 days is in hell for cleansing due to the filth of the caucasian. depending on one's sin and willingness to repent, that 3 days can seem like 3 minutes to 3 years, then you ascend to GOD (24 elders in divine unity), then meet yourself (firstself), then may decide to come back again for more experience in a different physical body through a different biological parent. we can never die, thus the white scientists are trying to be on orion which is close to sirius (base) to steal a hearing. this might seem like a movie to you, but this is fact. this your firstself with all the other first self of exactly 1,008,000,000 firstself in divine unity build the universe and all the planets that revolves in it. there are 100 elements in the periodic table, thus there are 100 solar systems too (this i don't quite understand too well), the law of that is "as below, so above".

hmmm quite interesting. do you mind telling me where you came up with all this hypothesis ? what book is this out of ?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by gatiano(m): 11:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
it is African traditional religion from the tribe called Batswana of the southern region of africa which is one of the 12 tribes of GOD, he also claimed that it was time and the other part of africa too would release the truth governing all things. He bared witness to the truth of Elijah Muhammad.

it is called the blackroots science. free download pdf format on net.
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/blackrootswisdom/BookPages1.html part summary not complete or
http://muurroots-science..ru/2013/07/muurroots-science-summary.html
or that, moor or muur means black.

do not concern yourself about religion division, read Elijah Muhammad too.
we are expecting 10 to 11 more from across all tribes of africa.

sukkot:
hmmm quite interesting. do you mind telling me where you came up with all this hypothesis ? what book is this out of ?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
gatiano:

Madman illiterate. U actually believe that bullshyt?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sukkot: 11:26pm On Dec 28, 2014
gatiano:
it is African traditional religion from the tribe called Batswana of the southern region of africa which is one of the 12 tribes of GOD, he also claimed that it was time and the other part of africa too would release the truth governing all things. He bared witness to the truth of Elijah Muhammad.

it is called the blackroots science. free download pdf format on net.
http://www.angelfire.com/planet/blackrootswisdom/BookPages1.html part summary not complete or
http://muurroots-science..ru/2013/07/muurroots-science-summary.html
or that, moor or muur means black.

do not concern yourself about religion division, read Elijah Muhammad too.
we are expecting 10 to 11 more from across all tribes of africa.

very interesting information. some truths in it but also lots of vain opinions. but very interesting nonetheless. i like reading these type of things.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by tpia411: 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by tpia411: 11:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
musawal:
A good poser for the educated minds. its just disheartening how Africans (Nigerians) use their education in selective reasoning and crass dogmatism.
Most responders are avoiding the very obvious questions:

the questions have been answered but not in the way you want to hear.

1.why did christianity came to Africa at such a late period? (18th century AD)?

Christianity came to Africa in 43AD.

2.Why did it have to be when the whites needed slaves to power their industrialization that they came with this religeon?

industrialization was powered by both whites and blacks, majorly whites as a matter of fact. Blacks worked the fields and as house servants.

you also make no reference to the fact that the trade was stopped by the same whites who started it.

3. Why is christianity not as entrenched in the middle east where it originated from as it is in Africa?

are you referring to the presence of Christianity or the numbers of Christians?

religion in the middle east is by tribal and familial/cultural affiliation.

4. Why was the bible not brought to us directly in the language originally spoken by Jesus, to avoid the so many irregularities contained there-in: such as the real birthday of Jesus Christ; the different stories of the cross; the mysteries surrounding the death of Christ and His last days; too many to mention all.

your confusion can be cleared if you want it to be.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by gatiano(m): 12:01am On Dec 29, 2014
Yes, you are not to believe in it, that won't be wise, so you must investigate it yourself, get experiences for yourself. then decide.

to meet one firstself, either by meditation, or prayer or in dreams, one must learn to be seriously clean (because they are), never touch pork, or wash yourself clean of pork, eat as they eat(not exactly though because we are on capable of that now, they may eat only once in a week), eat one meal a day.

i had started this when i began to listen to nation of islam, then things will just began to enter my mind from, where they come? i wasn't sure. i began to feel how the world works, if it was going to the sunny or raining or snowing the next day, i began getting intrested in almost anything with confidence. Then a white dude ask, if farrakhan is against white so much, why then is he having a make up kind of hair, instead of the kinky ones? my mind kept on asking that question, until i had the dream, A man sitting facing a very clean lawn, dressed in very clean cloth, darker than i am, looking almost like me but not exactly, when i sit, i'm always crossing my legs, He sat exactly the same. i looked at his head, and i was like what kind of hair is on his head, he said you can touch it. meeeeeen, that feeling i have never felt in my life before (i can't explain it), then i woke up without still understanding, i couldn't just forget that dream, not until i read blackroots science did i understand.

like i said, investigate! GOD loves people that ask question to want to understand, it will be part of experiences.

sukkot:
very interesting information. some truths in it but also lots of vain opinions. but very interesting nonetheless. i like reading these type of things.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by frakdon(m): 2:29am On Dec 29, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Whats this idol?
Stop playing with that word all the time without understanding its meaning. Is it a religion or a ritual device?
I asked yu a question, cuz I don't knw yu replied me with a question, does that mean yu too don't knw what yu r talking about, like the others? I hv seen many of ya comments, e b like say yu like grammars, I am allergic to grammars, hence the basic question, which religion/ritual device yu talking about? Nd what don't I understand about the word idol? Abeg gimme answer to these, e get y I ask..
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by frakdon(m): 2:37am On Dec 29, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

Face ur own jarre.
Follow ur own religion.

abi, but why e come be like say e dey pain yu say I dey follow my religion with all these unnecessary questions yu people keep throwing as us? Why do yu do that? Talk about taking agbo for my waist pain...
Really, did yu jst appear in Nigeria from nowhere, cuz I knw yu don't believe in God?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by waldigit: 5:42am On Dec 29, 2014
cecegorz:

Frosbel, it seems like you are gradually turning into an atheist.
Like they say in NL, I just dey observe o

Of course he passing through a session a man experiences when they start thinking they can outsmart God and are not ready to pay price of humility and wait on office of Holy Spirit to reveal Christ and Gods' inward secret to them. Its not new I have been there before.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by musawal(m): 7:05am On Dec 29, 2014
[/color][color=#000099][color=#006600][/color]
tpia411:

the questions have been answered but not in the way you want to hear.

Christianity came to Africa in 43AD.

At last someone with functional cerebrum. Point of correction though: according to BBC The story of Christianity in Africa; In the 15th century Christianity came to Africa with the arrival of the Portuguese. In the South of the continent the Dutch founded the beginnings of the Dutch Reform Church in 1652.

In the interior of the continent most people continued to practice their own religions undisturbed until the 19th century. At that time, Christian missions to Africa increased, driven by an antislavery crusade and the interest of Europeans in colonising Africa.

industrialization was powered by both whites and blacks, majorly whites as a matter of fact. Blacks worked the fields and as house servants.

you also make no reference to the fact that the trade was stopped by the same whites who started it.

I disagree with u entirely that industrialisation was powered by both whites and the blacks, the blacks were merely shipped out of the coast of their lands and use as SLAVES on the field. I advised u read works of Walter Rodney to refresh urself of those ugly moments.

are you referring to the presence of Christianity or the numbers of Christians?

religion in the middle east is by tribal and familial/cultural affiliation.

My dear, in both presence and number, christianity does not rank among top practising religeons in the middle east where it originated from. In fact, the number of christians and churches in Africa is more than the rest of the world combined!

your confusion can be cleared if you want it to be.

My dear, ur response here is just too hasty for someone who wants to educate another. U can help me clear the confusion by answering my questions accordingly.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 9:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 4:39am On Dec 30, 2014
sapientia:

lol.. Funny you bro... Am not part of any religion.. Am a christian is a way of life.. Its ur exclusive right as a being to lambast my way of life... Its also my right to complain.. Do yours.. Let me do mine..
its funny when religious people feel that they are so unique and their religion is higher? Which religion is not a way of llife? Only if u Study then u will know that you are not different from any Of the people u look as lost

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by tpia1982: 4:43am On Dec 30, 2014
musawal:
[/color][color=#000099][color=#006600][/color]

My dear, ur response here is just too hasty for someone who wants to educate another. U can help me clear the confusion by answering my questions accordingly.

reread the post slowly without rushing, and without bigotry.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 7:49am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by iamord(m): 9:32am On Dec 30, 2014
sapientia:

They are actually lost.. No apologies.. jesus is the only way to God.. If there are plenty of ways to God.. Would have bothered to study them.. But since there isnt.. All i can do is pray for them to find the only way which is through Jesus christ
you seriously need to check yourself because if you really study you won't be talking in such a manner! Let me educate you and your cohorts a bit! You said “if there are plenty of ways to God...would have bothered to. Study them” how will you study outside your religious domain when you have been programmed and conditioned not to go outside its circles Have you heard of The Greek god of wine, Dionysus or Bacchus?? He was born of a virgin on December 25th or the winter solstice. He is considered the son of the heavenly Father. As the Holy Child, Bacchus was placed in a cradle/manger "among beasts." Dionysus was a traveling teacher who performed miracles. He was the God of the Vine, and turned water into wine. Dionysus rode in a "triumphal procession" on an ass. He was a sacred king killed and eaten in an eucharistic ritual for fecundity and purification. The god traveled into the underworld to rescue his loved one, arising from the land of the dead after three days and ascended into heaven. Bacchus was deemed "Father," "Liberator"and "Savior."Dionysus was considered the "Only Begotten Son," "King of Kings," "God of Gods," "Sin Bearer," "Redeemer,""Anointed One" and the "Alpha and Omega." He was identified with the Ram or Lamb. His sacrificial title of "Dendrites" or "Young Man of the Tree" indicates he was hung on a tree or crucified. And this is just one of them?? Am sure you have not come across such in your entire life! And on seeing this you will be moved to defend what you think you know! Its expected!

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sapientia(m): 11:42am On Dec 30, 2014
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Weah96: 11:58am On Dec 30, 2014
sapientia:

you just posted things that i know of.. No new thing there... Am a voracious reader.. I know much about *almost* every religion.. Thanks to google.. But that is different from to study them.. I dont care what myths said about who and who.. Greek gods are non existent.. Aside muslim and christianity.. Other religions have just incoherent confusing unconfirmed ridiculous fictitious stories.. Let me not digress.. Bro.. I say it one more time.. If it aint christianity (living like christ).. Am no more interested.. Thanks

A human female getting impregnated without human semen being involved is the most ridiculous story I've ever heard.

And the fact that the baby who didn't come from a human, turned out to be human, it's even more ridiculous. Can a goat impregnate a chicken and have goat babies?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by lepasharon(f): 11:59am On Dec 30, 2014
sapientia:

They are actually lost.. No apologies.. jesus is the only way to God.. If there are plenty of ways to God.. Would have bothered to study them.. But since there isnt.. All i can do is pray for them to find the only way which is through Jesus christ

YOU are actually lost no apologies...Allah is the only way to God and mohammed is his prophet ! If there are plenty ways to god..I would have studied them..But since there isnt All I can do is pray for YOU to find the right way which is through ALLAH
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by kdfemi(m): 3:09pm On Dec 30, 2014
Mayb Christianity was introduced den but d pple fail to accept d religion, a lot of it happened in biblical txt
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Weah96: 3:12pm On Dec 30, 2014
kdfemi:
Mayb Christianity was introduced den but d pple fail to accept d religion, a lot of it happened in biblical txt

May God bless you and keep you. Away from me.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by tpia3396: 8:52pm On Dec 30, 2014
kdfemi:

on point.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Rev. Obofour Makes A Man To Smoke Weed In Church (video) / Physically Challenged Woman Who Claimed Her Baby Got Missing In Church Confesses / Pastor Anselm Madubuko's Daughter Weds (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.