Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,015 members, 7,814,465 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:19 PM

Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? (29298 Views)

5 Things To Avoid When Evangelizing/sharing The Gospel / First Step Of Rebuilding The 3rd Temple after 2,000 years / The First Britsh Slave Ship To Reach The Americas Was Called The Good Jesus! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by frakdon(m): 12:51pm On Dec 28, 2014
ObiChiz08:

It's just so annoying, for †нε fact that they didn't see †нε light in Christianity doesn't mean others are not seeing †нε light.
I too know' na disease, nd na the same God through the white nd Christianity will bring the cure to them.. These people no different from boko..
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by karpentar: 12:55pm On Dec 28, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Dude, use your brain for once in your life. 2,000 yrs is an approximation. We know it got here around the 19th century, meaning something like 1,867 years or something. And of course there was no 'Nigeria' 2000 years ago, but the territory now known as Nigeria existed, with people living in it, did it not? I mean, maybe it's an IQ problem with you, I don't know...More likely you're seeking to dodge the main question by raising irrelevant strawman arguments. That won't work.
It's very stupid and idiotic of you to be insulting folks with different view
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 28, 2014
Oh, this thread is gooooooood.

cc: masonkz gsking nihilist EvilBrain1
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Dec 28, 2014
MissMeiya:
Oh, this thread is gooooooood.

cc: masonkz gsking nihilist EvilBrain1

Lol. Thanks. I'll be back to read it more in detail. Engaged in something right now.

I wonder how the "religionists" are faring with this one
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
musawal:

It is only a foolish person that will still think the boko haram terrorists are muslims. But to clear u of ur stupidity dear..let me play wt u a little: 7.When Christians were carrying out their crusades, crucifying and burning people at the stakes, no one totally classified them as terrorists. I hope u know more about ur religeon?

8.The military conquest of the land of Canaan by the Hebrews in about 1200 B.C.E. is often characterized as "genocide" and has all but become emblematic of biblical violence and intolerance. 9. I bet Ayo Orisejafor is the Imam behind the arms smuggling saga 10. And am sure those armunitions that was supposedly to be buy by the bling-loving 'pastor' was meant for 'holy communion'!
I wish there is a cleanser or a sort of close up paste to clean ur highly dirty brain.

Don't forget the Holocaust, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch trials, and the Ku Klux Klan.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by chrissy3(m): 1:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
PAGAN9JA:

U r nothin but a bastart son. Thats all. U hav no sense and no belonging. U tok big tinz but u lead a useless lyf. I pity u fool.

Ur holy spirit is stupi.d and so is that holy bastart son called jesus. He is not ur creator ok. U t shameless to give credit of creation to a created being. A dead jew. U berra repent and worship the True Gods. Our heavenly spirits who guide us mortals through this journey called life. Leave this ur false pride. It wont get u anywer. U r fighting for a dead cause.
dude now you've gone too far ,in as much as I see loop holes that I'm looking for answers for , I don't blaspheme and think of it this way.What if you bliv and you die only to find out it was all lies,you lose nothing but what if you don't bliv only to die and find it was true,you lose everything.Best advice to you is be sure and look for answers rather than blaspheming and I don't see why you even upset, the guy never insulted you.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by sukkot: 1:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
[b]this is the type of questions asked by people without the ability and intellect to reach far back into history, as far back as 6000 years. life on earth did not start 2000 years ago you know. first of all what you call christianity only reached africa about 600 or so years ago because that was when the religion itself was formed by the caucasian roman empire. the religion being brought to africa was as a means to dumb you down mentally so they can have power over you. now this is the religion christianity. however before the books were compiled into a bible by the white man, the scrolls were written in egypt about 4000 or so years ago and at that point in time it was just a holy constitution and not a religion. and when it was a holy constitution and not a religion, the first people who got introduced to it was negros. it is that portion of negros that rejected it that was kicked into the interiors of africa which africa is the purgatory ground ( hell )) for all those who reject the word. all those who rejected the word and got kicked into africa instead chose babylonian voodoo religion of worshipping woods and stones. so the point here is that the negros of africa are the first people in the world to recieve the 'bible'. what was reintroduced to them much later on is a compiled version of what they had rejected and this compiled book encased in religion is what was re-introduced to you. but you are the first people who got the old testament scrolls. the new testament however was written later on as a guide to the saints when they were going to convert the gentile nations. so the core of the bible is the old testament. the new testament is a compilation of letters back and forth between the saints encouraging each other etc.[/b]

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by redsun(m): 1:08pm On Dec 28, 2014
What tribe in Nigeria can be very emphatic of their thousand year history? Where they originated from? Their laws and cities from generation to generation? I am not talking about falling from the sky,but real stories that can be traced practically.

A people with a culture and history are like trees without roots.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Don't forget the Holocaust, the Spanish Inquisition, the Salem Witch trials, and the Ku Klux Klan.

Hey wait!

Someone should clarify these accusations though.
Did Hitler murder a whole lot of Jews for sport or for religion?

And I think the Spanish reverend fathers were been killed in d Spanish war from the little I know about the inquisition in that movie! "Men become dragons" where Pope José Maria suffered.

Salem witches!
Young lady, No more vampire diaries for u!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by liveyourlife: 1:10pm On Dec 28, 2014
ROSSIKE:
If 'Jesus, the son of God' came to this earth and was born in the middle east in 1 AD, how come it took 2,000 years before this message from ''the son of god'' reached us in Nigeria? And then only when Europeans needed slaves and lands to colonize and loot for raw materials necessary to power their industrial revolution? Are you saying God did not deem it necessary to inform all those millions of Africans that would have lived from 1 AD to 1850 of the glorious kingdom of his son until Europeans decided just a couple hundred years ago they needed to raid Africa and loot resources? Did 'God' really 'postpone' the Nigerian introduction to his 'truth' until such a time as the Europeans needed to conquer and loot our lands, a full 2,000 years down the line, and why?

The ways of this imported 'God' are indeed strange!!

Your ignorance is terrible. History teaches that the Portuguese Catholic Missionaries arrived the area now known as Nigeria in 1600 A.D. in the coastal area of Warri. Then, the son of the Olu of Warri was baptised and named Sabestian in 1602 A.D

Therefore, a Warri boy was the first Christian in Nigeria.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Hey wait!

Someone should clarify these accusations though.
Did Hitler murder a whole lot of Jews for sport or for religion?

And I think the Spanish reverend fathers were been killed in d Spanish war from the little I know about the inquisition in that movie! "Men become dragons" where Pope José Maria suffered.

Salem witches!
Young lady, No more vampire diaries for u!

Please go back to history class. Or make use of Google and Wikipedia.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 28, 2014
redsun:
What tribe in Nigeria can be very emphatic of their thousand year history? Where they originated from? Their laws and cities from generation to generation? I am not talking about falling from the sky,but real stories that can be traced practically.

A people with a culture and history are like trees without roots.

Kid cross those teas and dot ur eyes
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by dgmegas(m): 1:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ask God?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Please go back to history class. Or make use of Google and Wikipedia.

angry squaring shoulders! Abeg nahhh! Educate me.

Explain to us how THESE USELESS CHRISTIANS FUCKÊD UP!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

angry squaring shoulders! Abeg nahhh! Educate me.

Explain to us how THESE USELESS CHRISTIANS FUCKÊD UP!

"Educate me." Entitlement. I'm under no obligation to educate you. Are you paying me a teacher's salary? Do it yourself. Welcome to the information age. There's this website called google.com.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by ricki: 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
It didn't take 2000 years at all.

U and I are the gospel.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Greatfes17: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Pls Op, answer these:
what type of transportation system was on ground then and what calibre of men use them?
How many were killed for the Gospel sake?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

"Educate me." Entitlement. I'm under no obligation to educate you. Are you paying me a teacher's salary? Do it yourself. Welcome to the information age. There's this website called google.com.

T$ew! To think I dashed u a like on ur darned allegations.

U shouldn't make statements u have no source to!
Anyway Uve peaked my interest. I'm just going to do the hardor of looking for data.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

T$ew! To think I dashed u a like on ur darned allegations.

U shouldn't make statements u have no source to!
Anyway Uve peaked my interest. I'm just going to do the hardor of looking for data.

Good for you. I'm proud of you.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Good for you. I'm proud of you.

grin that just cost u a like!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Segadem(m): 1:31pm On Dec 28, 2014
tpia0003:

you have to move past this fallacy in your thinking if you are really seeking answers and not trying to draw traffic and hold gigabytes.

are you implying christianity did not reach west africa until 2000AD?

was there a nigeria 2000 years ago?
dont mind the op.
how old is the gospel self?
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by GSKing: 2:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
Bolt3:
The problem is that your blaming God for mans error. God has already instructed us to spread the gospel around the world. Yet there are places on earth till this day that hasn't heard the gospel like China. Now ask yourself is it God that is stopping you from going to China to preach the gospel? This is why God is very angry when we don't preach the gospel because there are potential Christians lost everyday just because of our Laziness. Left to God everyone would be a Christian but he doesn't like to intefer.

Your argument is just like saying God chose a particular family or group to teach, knowing fully well that there are Negros in the other side of the world.

Why didn't he start from this part of the earth from where we would've dutifully spread this gospel to other part of the world. Of course, he must have seen and known we were mentally challenged and intellectually incapacitated to have paid any attention, I mean, define savages in your own words.

Going by your post, the omnipresent deliberately abandoned Nigerians and Africans to "the missionaries" to teach his words and his second coming. This, my friend, is a clear indication that all these gospel were false stories conjured up by ancient elites who forcefully shoved Christianity down your ancestors' throats all in a bid to rid them of all barbaric, primitive and animalistic tendencies inherent among the black race.

I know you must be sitting in front of your laptop feeling all wise and superior but bruh, I have news for you... Christianity is a ploy, God is a myth, Jesus was a performer, a stage clown who is dead and buried, he was probably a philanthropist/wise man whom the poor looked up to for food and companionship, that's why he's still remembered till today.

Nigerians and Africans, when watching Hollywood movies, would always go "what!!! so these Americans know who God is?" And I'll always feel so irritated thinking to myself "look at these gullible and brainwashed simpletons, you've all forgotten they're the people that pushed Christianity into your black skulls... They probably know it was all lies and basks in the fact that you celebrate their well composed religious book".

Young sire, you and the black race were of no good, assuming the whole bible trash was ever true.

Of course, do not question God, his reasons are "best" known to him alone. tongue

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
GSKing:

Your argument is just like saying God chose a particular family or group to teach, knowing fully well that there are Negros in the other side of the world.

Why didn't he start from this part of the earth from where we would've dutifully spread this gospel to other part of the world. Of course, he must have seen and known we were mentally challenged and intellectually incapacitated to have paid any attention, I mean, define savages in your own words.

Going by your post, the omnipresent deliberately abandoned Nigerians and Africans to "the missionaries" to teach his words and his second coming. This, my friend, is a clear indication that all these gospel were false stories conjured up by ancient elites who forcefully shoved Christianity down your ancestors' throats all in a bid to rid them of all barbaric, primitive and animalistic tendencies inherent among the black race.

I know you must be sitting in front of your laptop feeling all wise and superior but bruh, I have news for you... Christianity is a ploy, God is a myth, Jesus was a performer, a stage clown who is dead and buried, he was probably a philanthropist/wise man whom the poor looked up to for food and companionship, that's why he's still remembered till today.

Nigerians and Africans, when watching Hollywood movies, would always go "what!!! so these Americans know who God is?" And I'll always feel so irritated thinking to myself "look at these gullible and brainwashed simpletons, you've all forgotten they're the people that pushed Christianity into your black skulls... They probably know it was all lies and basks in the fact that you celebrate their well composed religious book".

Young sire, you and the black race were of no good, assuming the whole bible trash was ever true.

Of course, do not question God, his reasons are "best" known to him alone. tongue

Ohhhh my god. I cannot be revived. I actually choked. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by redsun(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

Kid cross those teas and dot ur eyes

What is your beef? It is part of your inheritance loss to be fussing over the master's language. One of those fundamental foolishness that makes you think you have to be a Christian to be saved. That makes you think that the concept of Christianity started with Jesus that never existed as you are deceived to believe.

The world begins and ends with jesus in your world and that is the core reason you people stagnant,WITHOUT knowing from your left from your right.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 28, 2014
redsun:

What is your beef? It is part of your inheritance loss to be fussing over the master's language. One of those fundamental foolishness that makes you think you have to be a Christian to be saved. That makes you think that the concept of Christianity started with Jesus that never existed as you are deceived to believe.

The world begins and ends with jesus in your world and that is the core reason you people stagnant,WITHOUT knowing from your left to your right.

All these for an uncrossed T! grin
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by redsun(m): 2:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
Silkmoth33:

All these for an uncrossed T! grin

Not just that,I have seen your other comments. You are on the wrong and seem very oblivious of it like the preceding generation. Your offspring doesn't deserve to curse deliberate ignorance. They deserve better,but they can hardly get it unless you do.

1 Like

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
definitely, placing my fellow nigerian in consentration camp (mobile device) invite the loving kindness of jesus into our this century.
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Kenny4lyfe(m): 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
grin
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by donnaira(m): 2:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
tpia0002:
was there a Nigeria 2000 years ago?
ask him ohh!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by redsun(m): 3:02pm On Dec 28, 2014
donnaira:

ask him ohh!

Why wasn't there a Nigeria? Because the Nigeria you know is created by oyinbo and same are you. Everything you know,everything you believe is created by oyinbo. Why doesn't it bother you sometimes to ask where your known root all began? Where were your direct ancestors a mere thousand years ago?

2 Likes

Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
redsun:

Not just that,I have seen your other comments. You are on the wrong and seem very oblivious of it like the preceding generation. Your offspring doesn't deserve to curse deliberate ignorance. They deserve better,but they can hardly get it unless you do.

U idiot! (We should have a smokers smiley on nl)
Ahhh great!
I had dis speech cut out for u!
Re: Why Did It Take 2,000 Years For The Gospel To Reach Nigeria? by Vikky014(f): 3:11pm On Dec 28, 2014
musawal:

It is only a foolish person that will still think the boko haram terrorists are muslims. But to clear u of ur stupidity dear..let me play wt u a little: 7.When Christians were carrying out their crusades, crucifying and burning people at the stakes, no one totally classified them as terrorists. I hope u know more about ur religeon?

8.The military conquest of the land of Canaan by the Hebrews in about 1200 B.C.E. is often characterized as "genocide" and has all but become emblematic of biblical violence and intolerance. 9. I bet Ayo Orisejafor is the Imam behind the arms smuggling saga 10. And am sure those armunitions that was supposedly to be buy by the bling-loving 'pastor' was meant for 'holy communion'!
I wish there is a cleanser or a sort of close up paste to clean ur highly dirty brain.
RELIGION OF P*ISS BRETHREN .dnt u fink u can do better than this

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Experience With Fake Bishop Oyedepo On Facebook(snapshots) / What Prominent Achievements Were Made By Atheists During The Medieval Age? / Obituary Of Reverend Father Cyriacus Onunkwo, To Be Buried With His Father

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.