Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,272 members, 7,829,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation (11272 Views)

Osun State: The Politics, The Mud And The Rust / Nigerians In Kenya Protest Police Harassment And Intimidation / New Nigerian Electoral Boss Warns Commissioners Against Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by goshen(m): 6:45am On Dec 26, 2014
PassingShot:

You are a pathetic liar!

Tell us what resources are needed to win an election that the North lacks. Maybe you're talking of rigging which the PDP has perfected.

And why is it difficult for you guys to engage in issues-based campaign just for a day instead of spreading hate, fear and unnecessary propaganda?

That dude is really pathetic. He seems to have developed severe amnesia not to realise we still have more states in the north than we have in south/South and South/East put together. Sometimes, I get so perplexed by their archaic like of reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by cy4cent(f): 6:45am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:
with the volume of threats that Buhari supporters are sending to people and openly preaching in the street, it will be FAR worst.

I made this thread because I have realized the north doesn't have the resources, numbers or popularity to actually win a fair and free election. So they have to resort to scaring people into giving them power by force. In the past they can just do coup after coup and I don't doubt that coups have been attempted in GEJ's administration (remember the upheaval in Abuja by troops this summer?).

This is all they have left. Telling people that if you down concede to them you will die. If you come out to vote you will die. If you don't enforce Sharia, you will die. Everything is a death threat. The blood of the dogs and the baboons, killing and butchering. This is all they have left and it's the mark of a desperate people.

All they have done is make voting in the north for christian and muslims a suicidal exercise.
with the amount of mass rigging that PDP is known for they might have incured d wrath of the people through such protest. no one is supporting such an attack but PDP n inec should learn to do things right just like APC presidential primary.
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by PassingShot(m): 6:45am On Dec 26, 2014
san316:
. These photos you posted are photos from zonkwa, southern Kaduna where Muslims were massacred.

This your thread is not necessary because it breeds more hate. if you really, sincerely want peace to reign , you should be discussing how to avoid a reoccurrence. the coming election is still between gej n GMB, anything can happen and nobody will go to jail.

The solution is not by opening such threads and telling us not to vote GMB, it is by engaging in serious campaign against violence.

Indirectly, you are threatening people by posting these pics. its just like saying this is what will happen if gej wins and nothing will be done to protect the innocent.

They're not intellectually endowed to understand what you've written here. What do you expect when they don't have selling points for their product, GEJ?
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by ilovecritics(m): 6:46am On Dec 26, 2014
philips70:

Ikengawo, give it up! Time's up for all of these shenanigans. Up to the extent you attached proven pictures of mayhem that happened in another country. Your masters the PDP are the architect of electoral violence and election manipulation in Nigeria. Tell them to conduct a free and fair elections just like in 1993 and see how peaceful Nigerians will conduct themselves. There can't be effects without cause. They say he who make peaceful change impossible makes violent change inevitable. If there will be violence in next elections we all should be looking towards the PDP. Their failed and highly manipulated primaries from the Presidency to councillorship are a much pointer to what we are expecting come February next year. The leopard they say hardly changes its spots!

Without mincing words, you and I know that GEJ won the last election either u see it as fair or altered. GEJ won and he will win again!!

GEJ cannot fail; we LOVE him and maybe you haven't realised that yet!! GEJ 2015 is certain!! Ya'll should talk about something else!!

Merry Xmas!!

BTW, I been see one guy inside bus wey dey beg for votes, I been hear say him wan become una VP! Rat poison seller; God forbid.

APC has no candidate! They all desperate. Haven't u noticed that the APC talk more about the PDP?? Old fools! That sh*tter in that bus can't be my VP! Sambo all the way!!

#BiteMe

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Ikengawo: 6:47am On Dec 26, 2014
azibit:
Fellow Nigerians, Why do you not think for a second about Giving GEJ a second chance. If GEJ has a second term, nothing like trying to work well so as to have another term. If everything continues like this, he is not coming for another term. However if you vote for GMB he will try to improve the name of APC and will want a second chance. I have not seen any GMB fan who voted for GMB in 2011 that does not want to vote for GMB again. However I hav[b][/b]e seen GEJ fans who have seen the truth and now want to vote for GMB. If Jonathan is making policies to eradicate corruption. In 4 years, how many people have being held accountable. Please consider a change for the next 4 years. SAI BUHARI

12 million Nigerians would have to change their mind about GEJ (roughly 25% of all registered voters) for Buhari to TIE with Jonathan. I can tell you from my own perspective I voted for Ribadu in the last election because I was naive and young enough to believe in the Obasanjo anti-corruption gimmick. This year I'm bringing people that don't vote to the polls with me to take a stand against violence and intimidation in politics be it riots boko haram and other treasonable acts.

I like the professionalization of the Nigerian government that GEJ has brought about. Our ministers are world leaders in their fields, agriculture is booming, power is reformed and privatized, elections are reformed fair and free, 21 auto manufactures are setting up in Nigeria. In 2020 we will be tied with the US for auto manufacturing and assembly brands in our country. Can you imagine?

[size=80pt]GEJ[/size] [size=4pt]until Buhari asks Shekau for a refund[/size]

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Nobody: 6:48am On Dec 26, 2014
san316:
. These photos you posted are photos from zonkwa, southern Kaduna where Muslims were massacred.

This your thread is not necessary because it breeds more hate. if you really, sincerely want peace to reign , you should be discussing how to avoid a reoccurrence. the coming election is still between gej n GMB, anything can happen and nobody will go to jail.

The solution is not by opening such threads and telling us not to vote GMB, it is by engaging in serious campaign against violence.

Indirectly, you are threatening people by posting these pics. its just like saying this is what will happen if gej wins and nothing will be done to protect the innocent.
WHY NORTHERN MUSLIMS. ........
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Funjosh(m): 6:51am On Dec 26, 2014
ShakurM:
How u dey this morning now...make I box u?

Am cool bro, today na boxing day so no qualms. wink
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by biafranqueen: 6:53am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:

12 million Nigerians would have to change their mind about GEJ (roughly 25% of all registered voters) for Buhari to TIE with Jonathan. I can tell you from my own perspective I voted for Ribadu in the last election because I was naive and young enough to believe in the Obasanjo anti-corruption gimmick. This year I'm bringing people that don't vote to the polls with me to take a stand against violence and intimidation in politics be it riots boko haram and other treasonable acts.

I like the professionalization of the Nigerian government that GEJ has brought about. Our ministers are world leaders in their fields, agriculture is booming, power is reformed and privatized, elections are reformed fair and free, 21 auto manufactures are setting up in Nigeria. In 2020 we will be tied with the US for auto manufacturing and assembly brands in our country. Can you imagine?

No shaking Buhari is only wining on Nairaland. Least we forget in the news recently;

“On November 19, APC leaders unfurled the much pinched wrap by declaring that they would lead a rebellion against President Jonathan and install a parallel government should APC lose next year’s presidential election.

“In less than 24 hours, the APC National Chairman, Chief John Odigie Oyegun on November 21, on a live NTA morning programme, admitted that the APC knew what he called genuine leaders of Boko Haram and went childish by accusing the President of deliberately allowing insurgents take over the country”.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by goshen(m): 6:56am On Dec 26, 2014
Chukwugekwu:
ANYBODY THAT SUPPORTS APC IS AN EVIL PERSON. ......BUHARI IS A VAMPIRE AND HE WIL NEVER SURCEED

Post like this clearly articulates the width of your I.Q and the fact that you couldn't spell the word SUCCEED in spite of the various spell-checks at your disposal is unimaginable. Just as clue-less as the clue-less one.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Sibabasibaba1: 6:56am On Dec 26, 2014
We are not ignorant of the devices of the of the evil the sons of belial of the evil party. Violence their stock in trade. It is in their DNA. It is in the words of the criminal coupist. It is on the facebook wall of el-Rufai. When you listen to Chibuike Amechi's speech you hear it. You see it in the comments on Nairaland threads. These evil men are characteristically violent.

To them, violence is the surest route to political power. They are allergic to tolerance and peace. All Nigerians of goodwill must be alert because the 2011 post-election violence would be a child's play compared to the violence that will be unleashed next year by these evil men.

Please avoid the axis of evil.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Collynzo22: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:
with the volume of threats that Buhari supporters are sending to people and openly preaching in the street, it will be FAR worst.

I made this thread because I have realized the north doesn't have the resources, numbers or popularity to actually win a fair and free election. So they have to resort to scaring people into giving them power by force. In the past they can just do coup after coup and I don't doubt that coups have been attempted in GEJ's administration (remember the upheaval in Abuja by troops this summer?).

This is all they have left. Telling people that if you down concede to them you will die. If you come out to vote you will die. If you don't enforce Sharia, you will die. Everything is a death threat. The blood of the dogs and the baboons, killing and butchering. This is all they have left and it's the mark of a desperate people.

All they have done is make voting in the north for christian and muslims a suicidal exercise.
My guy you have nothing to worry about, I keep saying that the election will be FULLY militarised this time around, even those fighting boko haram might be withdrawn to secure polling booths. Only those who have evil plans lament against the deployment of soldiers during elections.
Police have failed us in the past, but the soldiers and policemen combination in recent elections have proven to be a success, PDP only won one out of the four so the thought of intimidation is non-existent.
People will vote who they want in 2015 and anyone who tries to harass them will be shot dead, it won't be like 2011.
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by ichidodo: 6:57am On Dec 26, 2014
There is no way Buhari can get away with blood letting this time around...

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by biafranqueen: 6:58am On Dec 26, 2014
Please let us join as one the elite will not die but only laugh at us for not stoning them!

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Nobody: 6:59am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo does not live in Nigeria. He is fond of creating threads that incites hatred among Nigerians and even to the extent posting false pictures to prove his story.
I don't blame him though,I blame Nairaland admin who pushed this malicious thread to front page. Tell me,what's the essence of this thread at this time election is near?
If Nigeria does not want any reocurrence of what happened in 2011,PDP must not rig the elections. As simple as that! The mind of the people must prevail.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Shed24(m): 7:00am On Dec 26, 2014
We cant vote buuhari for he supports muderer of Christian and southerners in de north. Buhari is a religious Sect and a Jihadist let him go rule his Animal and vanpire brothers in North
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Akshow: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2014
op try harder cos all this ur fake pix and propaganda won't work. The pix of burnt dead bodies are from Dana plane crash. With liars like u running lose on social media I wonder what d future holds. I can see u are shivering at d overwhelming support for buhari osibanjo. People are tired of ur clueless badluck so no matter d amount of lies u peddle on nairaland will make us change our minds. we want CHANGE!

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by onadana: 7:00am On Dec 26, 2014
coolPoverty is the opium of the masses.You will be long dead up north if you wait for God to protect you and your family.Criminality like this only happen in societies where there is no social justice and rule of law.One thing is certain...violence only aggravate issues......surely even up north as they have found out....nobody has monopoly over violence.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Funjosh(m): 7:02am On Dec 26, 2014
ShakurM:
Feb almost here. Oh ye men of wisdom, cast ur votes wisely. Sai Buhari tho cool

Nothing do you bro. Vote APC Let us kick out PDP cool
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Nobody: 7:05am On Dec 26, 2014
holatin:
I vote for Jonathan in 2011
And dats has been d biggest mistake of my life.

*any one caught with violence attitude should be lock in d dungeon*

Vote for change next year
Vote for progressive
Vote for buhari
everyone knows that you are a boko haram ..so no need of your sentiments

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Nobody: 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:

all criticism are valid, what I like about Jonathan's supporters is they can speak about him realistically. He never tries to make him appear perfect or like a 'messiah', just a man that became president and is trying his best as we can see from the results.

I don't think he tolerates corruption at all. Obasanjo and others made us believe fighting corruption was a matter of arresting each and every person 'that steals', though in reality they were just lynching their enemies.

Jonathan's approach is figuring out what is causing them to steal and nipping it at the bud. This is a more pragmatic and effective approach. For example people were stealing because there was no accountability in government. Jonathan
1. Passed a freedom of information bill that left all accounts open for the public to example
2. Passed a cashless economy policy so the era of sneaking money through Ghana must Go's with no paper trail is over
3. Eliminated the fuel subsidy that was used to loot that nation
4. Eliminated over 60,000 ghost workers who's names were used to loot as well

This is how you stop 1 million thieves before they steal instead of catching 10 after they steal which was the primative Obasanjo approach (in theory, in reality he was just extorting foes)

1. The FOI works only in theory.
2. It was Sanusi and not GEJ that introduced cashless policy.
3. The subsidy removal brought untold hardship on Nigerians. SURE-P is now the avenue through which subsidy money is being siphoned into private pockets.
4. The so called ghost workers are still in the employment of our government because the executive hasn't implemented the ICPC report
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by goshen(m): 7:07am On Dec 26, 2014
Another way to look at it. If Buhari garnered over 12 million votes without the support of a single state Governor and the support of other well structured parties like ACN. Obviously, GEJ has no fighting chance this time around.

The truth is, most cabinet members of GEJ who are sincere with themselves, are fully aware the game is up for the clue.less one. Unfortunately for Nigerians, these ones are presently pre-occupied with siphoning more money to last them till eternity.

Ikengawo:

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by ShakurM(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Funjosh:

Am cool bro, today na boxing day so no qualms. wink
C'mon, go n wash those plates wey dey kitchen! grin
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by ShakurM(m): 7:08am On Dec 26, 2014
Funjosh:

Nothing do you bro. Vote APC Let us kick out PDP cool
by God's grace. Change is immediate!
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:

back then in 2011, it was my mum and dad that voted for gej, this time around, I and all my friends( about 16 of them) and all my busniess associate close to 400 in my company( brainstomer research clinic) will come out in mass and show our lovely support to uncle GEJ, we have been warned by our pastors and kings men about buhari de terrorist.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Shed24(m): 7:11am On Dec 26, 2014
berem:
Ikengawo does not live in Nigeria. He is fond of creating threads that incites hatred among Nigerians and even to the extent posting false pictures to prove his story.
I don't blame him though,I blame Nairaland admin who pushed this malicious thread to front page. Tell me,what's the essence of this thread at this time election is near?
If Nigeria does not want any reocurrence of what happened in 2011,PDP must not rig the elections. As simple as that! The mind of the people must prevail.
. Go and sleep supporter of evil and murderers, is dat pix no what happened in Kaduna huh? Do u think dat those ppl who ar burnt on dat pix ar Salah or christmas meat. Very soon what is happening in Iraq will soon start in de North. dis one will muslim killing muslin in de name shinu and shia extremism.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by holatin(m): 7:13am On Dec 26, 2014
Chukwugekwu:
everyone knows that you are a boko haram ..so no need of your sentiments
wao
I've seen a lot of stupid,indiscreet,dumb,shallow,Truthless,pointless, clueless and idiotic person in my life but No one comes to you in rank.

Pls do something for me
Try and have a brain transplant.

oya mod ban me as you usually do when I reply an abuse from a pdp e-rat.

Me and you will stand before God to account for our deed one day.
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Nobody: 7:15am On Dec 26, 2014
goshen:

Post like this clearly articulates the width of your I.Q and the fact that you couldn't spell the word SUCCEED in spite of the various spell-checks at your disposal is unimaginable. Just as clue-less as the clue-less one.
a vampire like you. ......
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by cannonnier(m): 7:16am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:
anyone has the freedom to say things sadly, it's actions that are punishable by law so all we can do is wait and watch. Arresting one or two of them will make on difference, but standing strong in the face of intimidation and terror and not bending to their will is going to break them because it takes away the last weapon they have left and forces them to play the game the lawful and just way like the rest of us

You are very wronged there, and a lot of other places in this your thread.
I understand and conclude that you bore a anti Northern sentiments.
I have no remorse for your sentiments. However I regret the lives lost in violence in the North be it political or religious violence.
Moreover, I regret the way you are trying to stigmatise blame on your political opponents, and the way you are also trying to ward off, and acquaint your master off all blames.
Your master might be a good person, but he is being too good to criminals and insensible to his pledge and thus very bad as a president to the compatriots of his nation.

I urge you to be very introspective on what you stand for, and try to see how in detriment it is to the well being of your neighbours and your nation in general.

For positive change.

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by huptin(m): 7:17am On Dec 26, 2014
Ikengawo:

all criticism are valid, what I like about Jonathan's supporters is they can speak about him realistically. He never tries to make him appear perfect or like a 'messiah', just a man that became president and is trying his best as we can see from the results.

I don't think he tolerates corruption at all. Obasanjo and others made us believe fighting corruption was a matter of arresting each and every person 'that steals', though in reality they were just lynching their enemies
Jonathan's approach is figuring out what is causing them to steal and nipping it at the bud. This is a more pragmatic and effective approach. For example people were stealing because there was no accountability in government. Jonathan
1. Passed a freedom of information bill that left all accounts open for the public to example
2. Passed a cashless economy policy so the era of sneaking money through Ghana must Go's with no paper trail is over
3. Eliminated the fuel subsidy that was used to loot that
nation
4. Eliminated over 60,000 ghost workers who's names were used to loot as well
This is how you stop 1 million thieves before they steal instead of catching 10 after they steal which was the primative Obasanjo approach (in theory, in reality he
was just extorting foes)

And that approach has been so successful that the excess crude oil account was depleted feom $40Billion
in 2007 to $4Billion in 2015. It was also very successful that the external reserves has been depleted from $67Billion in 2007 to less than $40Billion in 2015. Without anything corresponding massive infrastructural
development. What a succesful way of fighting corruption. If you must defend your candidate please learn to do so without sounding clownish.

Even PEJ his wife was until recently a ghost worker in Bayelsa!!!
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Ikengawo: 7:19am On Dec 26, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1973806_change_jpeg1d261807316c13729a0ba23ee58934ff

LOL at a 75 year old man talking about 'our generation'. Is my grandfather on Nairaland?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by san316(m): 7:22am On Dec 26, 2014
The logic is like this...

Scenario 1: I vote GEJ 2011: I get attacked because he allegedly rigged. my relatives got killed n my house got burnt.

AFTERMATH: The person I stood by did nothing to protect me. he accused me of colluding with my attackers to make his regime ungovernable. ultimately, the person supposedly responsible(Gmb) was not prosecuted, rather, he was given national award. In the end, my life got worse with no hope of improving.

Scenario 2: I am faced with same options in 2015. I stand a chance to live if I vote the other way (GMB) or to face the same fate as in the previous elections or even worse.

QUESTION: which is the most rational option? why stand for someone that cannot stand for me?
Re: Nigerian Electoral Politics: The Politics Of Violence And Intimidation by Ikengawo: 7:22am On Dec 26, 2014
huptin:

And that approach has been so successful that the excess crude oil account was depleted feom $40Billion in 2007 to $4Billion in 2015. It was also very successful that the external reserves has been depleted from $67Billion in 2007 to less than $40Billion in 2015. Without anything corresponding massive infrastructural development. What a succesful way of fighting corruption. If you must defend your candidate please learn to do so without sounding clownish.

LOL can you show me where you get your numbers from other than your keyboard?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pastor Nsikanabasi Ese Accuses Ephraim Inyang Of Embezzling N200m Christmas Fund / We Should Blame Ourselves, If Peace Eludes Nigeria, Says Obasanjo / Siemens Power Initiative: FG Investing $2bn In Distribution, Transmission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 101
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.