Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,940 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike (922 Views)

S’court Ruling: Nobody Can Steal My Mandate, Says Wike / Tinubu Convinced Me To Join Buhari’s Presidential Election Campaign, Says Aisha / I'll Probe Amaechi, Says Wike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by Nobody: 6:24am On Dec 26, 2014
A former Minister of State for Education and the governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party in Rivers State, Nyesom Wike, has accused the Rivers State Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, of spending N30bn to fund the presidential campaign of the All Progressives Congress.

Wike explained that the development had made it impossible for the state government to pay workers’ salaries, adding that the governor was using state resources to fund the APC with the hope that he would be picked as the running mate to the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari.

The PDP governorship candidate pointed out that Amaechi was being deceived by the leadership of the APC to continue to fund the party, adding that the APC leadership had never been interested in selecting the governor as Buhari’s running mate.

Speaking during his thank-you visit to Ikwerre Local Government Area on Thursday, Wike noted that the future of Nigerians was in the PDP and not the APC. “Do you know why workers’ salaries have not been paid? Amaechi spent N30bn in funding the presidential campaign of the APC.

They (the APC leadership) allowed him to spend the money and later, they called him mugu
(fool). “They (the APC leadership) said we will not make this ‘boy’ who does not respect the President (Goodluck Jonathan) the vice president. We should know that our future is in the PDP and not the APC,” Wike stressed.

The former minister also decried the statement credited to the APC governorship candidate in the state, Dr. Dakuku Peterside, that he (Peterside) would build on Amaechi legacy. According to him, some of the governor’s actions on the state judiciary, monorail project were not worth continuing as a legacy.

Reacting to Wike’s allegation, the state Commissioner for Information and Communication, Mrs. Ibim Semenitari, said the PDP governorship candidate spoke without fact, even as she challenged him to show any proof that Amaechi was funding the APC. “It is unbelievable that a man who wants to be the governor of this state can make such an unbelievable statement without any proof.

We challenge him (Wike) to show proof that Governor Amaechi spent N30bn to fund the APC campaign.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/wike-accuses-amaechi-of-funding-buharis-campaign-with-n30bn/

Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by holatin(m): 6:26am On Dec 26, 2014
Make PEJ son shut up jare

1 Like

Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by temitemi1(m): 6:31am On Dec 26, 2014
I dnt know what will stop uncle ameachi from spending sumtimes in jail after elections come 2015 grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by mperoakeem(m): 6:35am On Dec 26, 2014
dis man wil jst open maut, spil rubbish and dey'l clap 4 im
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by Nobody: 6:36am On Dec 26, 2014
I
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by Nobody: 6:37am On Dec 26, 2014
holatin:
Make PEJ son shut up jare

The guy speaks as if his mouth has lost control. First it was N17 Billion, now N30 Billion. If I was Ameachi, I would sue him for libel
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by coolzeal(m): 6:45am On Dec 26, 2014
There is this concept of politics as a dirty game. It's a difficult game and mind tricks at the expense of the people they sworn to protect. I think this is what we need to bring to politics. I think politics around the world has very often been captured by big interests 'lobbies' they call them. Stop throwing punches and sue.
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by holatin(m): 6:53am On Dec 26, 2014
Martins301:

The guy speaks as if his mouth has lost control. First it was N17 Billion, now N30 Billion. If I was Ameachi, I would sue him for libel
he is only letting sleeping dog lie, you no d pig don't care been beaten as long, he drives you to the mud.
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by holatin(m): 6:54am On Dec 26, 2014
temitemi1:
I dnt know what will stop uncle ameachi from spending sumtimes in jail after elections come 2015 grin grin grin... GEJ till 2019!!!
When elder state man like you talk then I see why Nigeria has not become better all this years.
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by DonaldGenes(m): 6:55am On Dec 26, 2014
Interesinq indeed!
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by stebell(m): 6:58am On Dec 26, 2014
Martins301:

Sue who. Amaechi closed the courts in PH so tell which court will entertain his case.
He's no friend of the courts as things are now.
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by Nobody: 7:09am On Dec 26, 2014
stebell:

Sue who. Amaechi closed the courts in PH so tell which court will entertain his case.
He's no friend of the courts as things are now.

How did he close the courts?
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by stebell(m): 10:43am On Dec 26, 2014
Martins301:

How did he close the courts?

Are yu asking me that question? Yu mean yu don't follow the news, try
Re: Ameachi Spent N30 Billion On APC Campaign Says Wike by allbright(m): 7:50pm On Dec 26, 2014
Wike you are just a clown not fit to be governor at all!

(1) (Reply)

Pls It Is Buhari Vs Jonathan And Not Christians Vs Muslims Please / Fall Of Nairaland....from A Old Member Of Over 8years / OSINBAJO ENDORSED BY HANNAH AWOLOWO, AWUJALE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.