Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission (2704 Views)

$9.3m Deal: Northern Muslims Accuse FG Of Cover-up / Ribadu, Sanusi, El-rufai And Northern Muslims Under Fire. / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by OKDnigeria: 12:22am On Dec 27, 2014
A renowned Kaduna-based Islamic cleric and scholar, Dr. Ahmad Abubakar Mahmud Gumi, has reacted to the arrest of a 13-year-old girl, Zahrau Babangida, who was ready to ‘die as a martyr’ by committing a suicide bombing.
In a statement published on his official Facebook page on December 26, 2014, Friday, Sheikh Gumi reminded that it was the biological father of the girl who forced her to step on the pass of mass murder. However, the cleric emphasised that roots of the problem are deeper than simple persuation of innocent children by the jihadists.“It’s the problem of the society that venerate ignorance,” Sheik Gumi noted.

“Ours – I mean the northern Muslims especially – is a case of self-anihilation. Worst still we don’t enjoy the only ‘virtue of ignorance’ which is to accept you don’t know hence you seek for proper knowledge. Our ignorance is compound. We don’t know that we don’t know. Talk less of seeking for knowledge.
“The religion we claim to know is the first that condemns us. We are heretics, superstitious and many of us heathens. We can only bark, revile, abuse and foam. In the end we commit suicide. All because we refuse to learn and accord knowledge the reverence it deserves.

“Imagine people annihilating themselves by refusing vaccination. Even if the majority has agreed, the point is that it lacks the leadership dexterity to convince or forces the others into doing the proper thing. We are now the shame of mankind. From among us the polio virus has an abode and a settlement to reinfect humanity again.

“For long we rejected modern education – I dare call it Western – where as Islam was the precursor and catalyst of modernism. Name it medicine, law, astronomy, mathematics etc. Even if the majority has accepted it, the point is that we lack the leadership acumen to divert most of our resources to augment education. We spend billions on entra Hajj and Umra and polygamous male chauvinistic stunts than pay attention to want is more preferential to our religious obligations and worldy achievements.

“Our choice is seldom anything but sentimental. Our temperament is reactionary not proactive. Our ignorance has become the honeycomb of our leaders, religious or otherwise. If not how can the poor illetrates be convinved to make a trek miles in scorching sun seeking for blessings without Divine counsel? How can people cling to false hopes for salvation, crimes and criminals for emancipation? You don’t kill if you want to survive and you don’t deceive if you don’t want to be deceived. This is the golden rule of life.

“In this people, Zahrau Babangida was born 13 years ago. So there is little or no wonder.
We have to be true to ourselves. If it’s poverty that is tormenting to us stupidity let us know that the poverty is because of our doing. We had enough resources to build our selves but our priority is somewhere else. We have geniuses, doctors, engineers, teachers etc but they all are under the spell of an ignorant people. Their strategy is just ‘Shut up!’ to save your skin. But I say No speak up to save a nation. Let us properly educate ourselves. It’s the only lasting remedy to our predicament.”

It would be added that the girl revealed Boko Haram extremists threatened to bury her and other girls alive in case of refusal to embark on a suicide mission. Zahrau remains in custody, while the police and security operatives continue investigations. Currently they are looking for the father of the girl, who allegedly belongs to Boko Haram.

http://www.naij.com/349992-sheikh-gumi-speaks-on-arrest-of-13yo-girl-jihadist-in-kano.html

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by obamartins(m): 12:33am On Dec 27, 2014
Tell them o. Now that u have not been brainwashed pls tell them that there are no virgins anywhere o.

8 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 27, 2014
This man seems to be speaking facts. This is pure reality. He knows hidden secrets that many don't want to accept nor believe. We pray God bring peace to Nigeria.

12 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by PPAngel(f): 12:44am On Dec 27, 2014
A sliver in the dark.

I am considering changing my views on northern muslims because of this Man even if he is the only lone voice out there.

There is hope after all for Mankind.

14 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Nobody: 12:49am On Dec 27, 2014
PPAngel:
A sliver in the dark.

I am considering changing my views on northern muslims because of this Man even if he is the only lone voice out there.

I'll say he's one of the fearless voices in the country today. I sincerely pray God protect his life too.

12 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by cbrass(m): 12:51am On Dec 27, 2014
Hmmmm....but there are Muslims in the south nw how come the notherners act like it's not the same Koran the Southerners read too

3 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Nobody: 12:54am On Dec 27, 2014
cbrass:
Hmmmm....but there are Muslims in the south nw how come the notherners act like it's not the same Koran the Southerners read too
Politics has done great harm to many mindset today even among those in the south. Or how could you explain why some group of persons will be happy anytime Boko Haram strikes? May God help us all.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by sufido123: 1:32am On Dec 27, 2014
Another lone voice in the wilderness. Please tell Buhari to stop threatening to soak the dogs and baboons in blood.

7 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by lekhane(m): 1:41am On Dec 27, 2014
This man is just seeking attention for all I care, why not take a clue from your religious colleagues who keep quite when necessary and talk when necessary
You are clergy man not a politician for God's sake!

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by ramdris(m): 1:48am On Dec 27, 2014
May Allah(swt) continue to protect this man. Am sure with more pple like dis man coming out from the north to speak against their self destructive ways, things might eventually get better for them.
The major problem with the northerners is acute poverty than anything else. An hungry person is a time bomb And that's What their political leaders feeds on.The difference between a northern Muslim And their southern brothers is: modern knowledge And poverty.
I pray the Almighty Allah restore peace to our father land and gives the masses the wisdom and courage we so required to take this country from our wicked leaders. Jazakumlah kairan!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Leebeedo(m): 2:50am On Dec 27, 2014
lekhane:
This man is just seeking attention for all I care, why not take a clue from your religious colleagues who keep quite when necessary and talk when necessary

I want you to read his comment again and then read your response to his comment. Have you? Did you make sense at all?

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by scribble: 3:40am On Dec 27, 2014
Shame of mankind

Very ignorant for blindly following Buhari.

Blood suckers

Jesus is Lord.

8 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by MeAndYou(m): 3:48am On Dec 27, 2014
2015 Go too much ooo
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by M4gunners: 3:57am On Dec 27, 2014
This Man always hit the point.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by lonelydora: 4:05am On Dec 27, 2014
I wish all Muslims will think in the same manner. Rejecting vaccination is the worst of it all.
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 27, 2014
na "lie"!
Its Jonathan's "fault"!
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by SamIkenna: 4:46am On Dec 27, 2014

11 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Balyz: 4:59am On Dec 27, 2014
PPAngel:
A sliver in the dark.

we don't give two figs about your view on ' northern Muslims'
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by PPAngel(f): 5:38am On Dec 27, 2014
Balyz:
we don't give two figs about your view on ' northern Muslims'

mudslime

7 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Nobody: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2014
Ok but
A girl was with her father when she saw
her boyfriend coming.
GIRL: Have you come to collect your
book tittled "DADY IS HOME?" by Ngozi Okafor.
BOY: No, I want that one of our hymns called
"WHERE SHOULD I WAIT FOR YOU?"
GIRL: I don't have that one...maybe you should
take the other one "UNDER THE MANGO TREE"
by Chimamanda Adichie
BOY: Fine, don't forget to bring "I
WILL CALL YOU 5 MINS" while coming to
school...
GIRL: I will also bring this one too, I
WON'T LET YOU DOWN by Chinua AchebeThen,
DAD: These are too many books, will he read
all
of them?
GIRL: Yes dad, he is very smart.
DAD: Okay, don't forget to give him the one on
the table tittled "I AM NOT STUPID, I
UNDERSTOOD EVERYTHING YOU'VE BEEN
SAYING
by Sheakspeare! And also the one on the
dinning
tittled "IF YOU GET PREGNANT PREPARE TO
GET
MARRIED" by Wole soyinka.
One word for this family
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Voice234: 6:09am On Dec 27, 2014
Like he said, the educated once know the truth but out of fear for their lives, they dare not say the truth. This is because lack of education makes it easier for their Emirs, Sultans and the rest of their religious and traditional rulers to manipulate and control (not rule) these people for their own selfish interest. But to the Emirs and Sultans, we know you are in charge and on top of your game but remember that at this point which to us all is darkest part of the night, we grieve. But in our grief, we are still hopeful and we rejoice for the sun is on its way up. The morning will come and we as a nation will laugh last. God Bless Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by frankyychiji(f): 7:09am On Dec 27, 2014
lekhane:
Did the sheik spark a plug in you? Are you ashamed or just angry by the truth from the sheik?
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by frankyychiji(f): 7:14am On Dec 27, 2014
noblezone:
na "lie"!
Its Jonathan's "fault"!
Abi ooo grin grin grin
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Gliding(m): 8:39am On Dec 27, 2014
This is lovely. I hope others learn from this.
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Balyz: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2014
PPAngel:

mudslime
its your mother that's mudslime you w.h.o.r.e. And I repeat no one up here gives a s.hit about your opinion. Shegiya kawai!
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by lekhane(m): 9:12am On Dec 27, 2014
Leebeedo:

I want you to read his comment again and then read your response to his comment. Have you? Did you make sense at all?
if you have been following Sheik Gumi from the time he wrote that neither Jonathan nor Buhari should contest, I'm sure my comment will make sense to you, the man shouldn't have put himself in the politics at all, an example is pastor Adeboye, despite the fact that he's involved, he still kept his distance, that's how it should it bro, my opinion tho
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by SporaD8: 9:25am On Dec 27, 2014
drops jaw!!! ...this Gumi of a cleric deserves a Nobel price for peace.

1 Like

Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by SporaD8: 9:59am On Dec 27, 2014
Balyz:
its your mother that's mudslime you w.h.o.r.e. And I repeat no one up here gives a s.hit about your opinion. Shegiya kawai!
its your type the amiable cleric is preaching again - "your temperament is reactionary not proactive."
Show your imam those words you type up there, am sure he will proud of you and possibly strap you will bomb vest.
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by vanunu: 10:11am On Dec 27, 2014
sufido123:
Another lone voice in the wilderness. Please tell Buhari to stop threatening to soak the dogs and baboons in blood.

He has told buhari not to contest, and he knows buhari more than anyone of us in this forum.
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by Leebeedo(m): 10:31am On Dec 27, 2014
lekhane:
if you have been following Sheik Gumi from the time he wrote that neither Jonathan nor Buhari should contest, I'm sure my comment will make sense to you, the man shouldn't have put himself in the politics at all, an example is pastor Adeboye, despite the fact that he's involved, he still kept his distance, that's how it should it bro, my opinion tho

But he said the truth, u can't take that fact from him.
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by BashBB: 10:39am On Dec 27, 2014
lekhane:
He iz not putting himself in the political arena...... Some people complained that no northern islamic cleric is preaching out against BokoHaram hence they are in support of it.,now someone who is not afraid is doing that you said he is putting himslef in politics.... Haba
Re: Sheik Gumi Blasts Northern Muslims; Says They Are On "Self Anihilation" Mission by waternogeteneny: 10:44am On Dec 27, 2014
“Ours – I mean the northern Muslims especially – is a case of self-anihilation. Worst still we don’t enjoy the only ‘virtue of ignorance’ which is to accept you don’t know hence you seek for proper knowledge. Our ignorance is compound. We don’t know that we don’t know. Talk less of seeking for knowledge.
“The religion we claim to know is the first that condemns us. We are heretics, superstitious and many of us heathens. We can only bark, revile, abuse and foam. In the end we commit suicide. All because we refuse to learn and accord knowledge the reverence it deserves.
Sheik Gumi

This is exactly wat we have been saying... Now leave the Presidency to those in the knowing, at least all our children will have a brighter future.

GEJ till 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Help N240k Disappeared From My Bank Account / Hilarious: Ameachi Laments To Tinubu And Buhari About Senate Screening / Breaking Ugu News:: Obiano Speaks..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.