Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,134 members, 7,860,076 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:54 AM

We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari (902 Views)

Police Arrest Zamfara APGA Governorship Candidate For Ballot Box Snatching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by kakinews: 1:37am On Dec 27, 2014
Presidential candidate of the All Progressive Congress (APC), General Muhammadu Buhari on Tuesday expressed optimism that Nigerians will make history through the ballot box in the 2015 general elections.

In a public letter to thank APC delegates for voting for him at last week’s convention in Lagos, he reaffirmed that if voted president, he will not let Nigerians down.

“At the convention, I stood before you as a pensioner, one with no money to offer but my hard labour, my service and commitment,” he stated. “In the exercise of your patriotic duty, you, the delegates and party membership, placed your trust in me. Those of you who attended the convention, be satisfied in the knowledge that you fulfilled your duty. I also want you to be assured that I will not fail your trust. I shall fulfill the duty you have now given me.”

He reaffirmed that the Nigerian people deserve the good governance that can only derive from credible elections, and called on them to do their part.

“I call on all Nigerians, particularly all political parties, to commit to peaceful campaigning and electioneering. I pledge to do all I can in this regard so that our people may live in renewed peace and harmony even during this season of political competition.”

Parts of the letter read:

“I thank the National Executive and Leadership of our party, All Progressive Congress, APC, for organizing a convection that will be recorded as one of the most open and transparent in the political history of our nation. You all have worked as a team to build a vibrant progressive political plat form responsive to the needs of our times and of the people. I want to commend you for bringing a democratic and fair process to all APC’s primaries. What you have done demonstrates the vast difference between our party of change and democratic good governance and the PDP’s assembly of undue privilege and presumption.

“Most importantly, I extend my heartfelt appreciation to all the delegates. You came to the convention from every part of our nation to perform a solemn duty for our party, for our nation, and for our future. You performed that duty in a patriotic manner. You conducted yourselves as great symbols of our party. Resolute to work according to your conscience and you did the job well.

“I also thank the entire membership of our Progressive Party. You are the true heart and soul of the party. Your support and faith in our mission to change this nation is our inspiration and our strength. Your hopes and aspirations for Nigeria compel us forward. You represent the best of our country. The future you seek where every Nigerian shall be afforded the opportunity to share in the prosperity of this nation and live in dignity, justice and peace shall be realized through our hard work in the coming election.

“At the convention, I stood before you as a pensioner, one with no money to offer but my hard labour, my service and commitment. In the exercise of your patriotic duty, you, the delegates and party membership, laced your trust in me. Those of you who attended the convention, be satisfied in the knowledge that you fulfilled your duty. I also want you to be assured that I will not fail your trust. I shall fulfill the duty you have now given me.

“Through our convention, you have shown that internal democracy in a Nigerian political party is more than possible.

“In two months time, I will call upon you once again to fulfill an even greater challenge. That challenge. That challenge is to show that democracy and good governance throughout all Nigeria is possible. The APC shall do this by winning the next election. You made history at our convention but remember a greater moment awaits us. We shall next make history through the ballot box.

“The Nigerian people deserve the good governance that can only derive from credible elections.

“As such, the people must also do their part. I call on all Nigerians, particularly all political parties, to commit to peaceful campaigning and electioneering. I pledge to do all I can in this regard so that our people may live in renewed peace and harmony even during this season of political competition.”
Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by Nobody: 1:43am On Dec 27, 2014
Everyone should be ready to accept the results too instead of threats of forming a parallel government or fuelling crisis.
Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by tit(f): 1:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Buhari is a killer!
He shot his way to state house killing Brigadier Bako in 1983.
Ballot box will not favor him lai lai!

1 Like

Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by onatisi(m): 1:46am On Dec 27, 2014
Will this guy just stop playing and toying with peoples brains and tell nigerians what he intends to do when he gets into office and how he intends to do them.
Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by hogunzy(m): 1:49am On Dec 27, 2014
tit:
Buhari is a killer!
He shot his way to state house killing Brigadier Bako in 1983.
Ballot box will not favor him lai lai!
if it favours him what will you do?nothing, God knows best

1 Like

Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by hogunzy(m): 1:55am On Dec 27, 2014
onatisi:
Will this guy just stop playing and toying with peoples brains and tell nigerians what he intends to do when he gets into office and how he intends to do them.
Yoruba will say the husband you are bringing wife to doesn't peep"eni to a n gbe iyawo bo wa ba ki garun"so you guys should cool down he knows what he's doing #team GMB
Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:06am On Dec 27, 2014
hogunzy:
Yoruba will say the husband you are bringing wife to doesn't peep"eni to a n gbe iyawo bo wa ba ki garun"so you guys should cool down he knows what he's doing #team GMB
that is the area and point nigerian have always been getting it wrong when it comes to electing leaders. We don't ask candidates questions and we say when he gets there he will do it. The question is what is he going to do there?people who fail to plan always plan to fail.we must stop electing people based on some god father authority, we must elect leaders based on the policies and plan they present to us as their agenda. We have just about 7 weeks to elections and buhari is still beating around the bush.the only thing he has said is he will abolish the office of the first lady,is that what is important to nigerians now?
Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by hogunzy(m): 2:28am On Dec 27, 2014
onatisi:
that is the area and point nigerian have always been getting it wrong when it comes to electing leaders. We don't ask candidates questions and we say when he gets there he will do it. The question is what is he going to do there?people who fail to plan always plan to fail.we must stop electing people based on some god father authority, we must elect leaders based on the policies and plan they present to us as their agenda. We have just about 7 weeks to elections and buhari is still beating around the bush.the only thing he has said is he will abolish the office of the first lady,is that what is important to nigerians now?
are you following him on Twitter.if so then you should to get your answer and also follow prof osibanjo

1 Like

Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by onatisi(m): 2:37am On Dec 27, 2014
hogunzy:
are you following him on Twitter.if so then you should to get your answer and also follow prof osibanjo
so 170million people must get on twitter before they know what he intends to do and how he intends to revamp the economy?u should understand that the post of vice president isn't all that important,the servant cannot be greater than his master,so there is no point listening to osinbajo. The person who is aspiring for the number 1 post is the one that concerns us. If buhari thinks that twitter followership will determine the outcome of the polls then he is joking. What is the percentage of nigerian voters who are on twitter?

1 Like

Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by Nobody: 2:40am On Dec 27, 2014
My General, we the good people of Nigeria will unanimously return you to Aso Rock in 2015

1 Like

Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by ochilikoko(m): 4:03am On Dec 27, 2014
barcanista:
My General, we the good people of Nigeria will unanimously return you to Aso Rock in 2015
dreamer. Who doesn't know that Buhari is on his way of making History.

Expert in Failure. GEJ till 2019

1 Like

Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by Nobody: 5:45am On Dec 27, 2014
Yes. We shall make you an history, Being the first presidential candidate in Nigeria that will lose 4 conservative time. Buhari You shall always spell Aso rock but you never get there (insha Allah). Power Hungrier. undecided
Re: We Shall Make History Through Ballot Box — Buhari by sufido123: 5:54am On Dec 27, 2014
Don't vote for a born to rule revanchist. The only history to be made here is that of failures. Buhari is simply unelectable according to El Ruffian.

(1) (Reply)

22 PDP Gov Aspirants Defect To APC / Jonathan Failed, Not His Generation..says Gov.fashola / Cameron Dubs Islamic Extremism 'a Poisonous Death Cult Narrative'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.