Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,534 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:32 AM

Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player (1233 Views)

Chelsea Vs PSG: Diego Costa Is Not The Internet's Most Popular Player / The Main Reason Why Chelsea Have Not Been able To Sell Fernando Torres / Mourinho Desperate To Sell Either Torres Or John Obi Mikel Or Petr Cech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tocdee(m): 1:34pm On Dec 11, 2008
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N162480081211-1035.htm

Fernando Torres is the Premier League's most popular player, according to a survey of fans carried out by Barclays. The league's main sponsor asked 32,000 fans from 185 countries who their favourite player was - and El Nino came out on top.

Torres polled 38 per cent of the votes to pip teammate Steven Gerrard and Ballon d'Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.

Barcelona winger Lionel Messi won the overseas player fans would most like to see in the English top flight with 54 per cent of the votes.

I think he's popular because of his likeable character. The guy has got a humble air about him unlike a certain Cristiano cool Ronaldo.
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tkb417(m): 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2008
yeah thats right. i'd prefer my players to win the awards that matter not the most sexiest or the best dressed!!!
Are these awards? go get some sleep niggar!!!
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tocdee(m): 1:46pm On Dec 11, 2008
tkb417:

yeah thats right. i'd prefer my players to win the awards that matter not the most sexiest or the best dressed!!!
Are these awards? go get some sleep niggar!!!

There's no need to take it personal, after all Ronaldo isn't even remotely related to you. Can't you just read quietly? I think life's beautiful, maybe you should too. Where did I call the award 'Important'? Just reporting some stat news ahead of the weekend. Any harm in that?

Unto more 'unimportant' things: I saw this picture of Gerrard and I almost fell off my seat laughing! grin grin Can you spot him?

Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by DrKitaun(m): 1:57pm On Dec 11, 2008
most popular player indeed *rolls eyes* embarassed

tell me a player more popular than Ronaldo last season, how skewed is this survey sef
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tkb417(m): 2:00pm On Dec 11, 2008
There's no need to take it personal, after all Ronaldo isn't even remotely related to you. Can't you just read quietly? I think life's beautiful, maybe you should too. Where did I call the award 'Important'? Just reporting some stat news ahead of the weekend. Any harm in that?

Unto more 'unimportant' things: I saw this picture of Gerrard and I almost fell off my seat laughing! Can you spot him?
chei!!! where did u see me mention Ronaldo? embarassed
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tocdee(m): 3:15pm On Dec 11, 2008
Dr Kitaun:

most popular player indeed *rolls eyes* embarassed

tell me a player more popular than Ronaldo last season, how skewed is this survey sef

You do realise that there's a subtle difference between being 'Popular' and being 'Famous'. Popular Has to do with being liked/accepted by many while famous is being known by many people.

tkb417:

chei!!! where did u see me mention Ronaldo? embarassed

U didn't have to.
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by bgees(m): 6:26pm On Dec 11, 2008
@tocdee,

ignore these girls, they are just envious. El nino is not playing for them. Jealousy won't let them understand english .
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tocdee(m): 2:05pm On Dec 12, 2008
bgees:

@tocdee,

ignore these girls, they are just envious. El nino is not playing for them. Jealousy won't let them understand english .

Exactly.
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by Sauron1: 5:04pm On Dec 12, 2008
tocdee:

I think he's popular because of his likeable character. The guy has got a humble air about him unlike a certain Cristiano cool Ronaldo.

This statement epitomises MUPPETRY.

Awards for the most popular player?? Where??
I am sure the survey was done in Liverpool. . . . .This is why u have cunts like Gerrard and Torres leading the pile.
Is Torres popular than Emmanuel Eboue in the UK?? I doubt that.

Torres beats RONALDO??

Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by tocdee(m): 5:37pm On Dec 12, 2008
~Sauron~:

This statement epitomises MUPPETRY.

Awards for the most popular player?? Where??
I am sure the survey was done in Liverpool. . . . .This is why u have cunts like Gerrard and Torres leading the pile.
Is Torres popular than Emmanuel Eboue in the UK?? I doubt that.

Torres beats RONALDO??

You're not very smart, are you? People that throw mud at others should at least have some sense to back up their ranting. Go look up the meaning of 'popular'. The poll was carried out by Barclays with 32,000 people from 185 countries . If that covers just Liverpool then you really should be tucked up in bed by now.
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by Sauron1: 6:09pm On Dec 12, 2008
tocdee:

You're not very smart, are you? People that throw mud at others should at least have some sense to back up their ranting. Go look up the meaning of 'popular'. The poll was carried out by Barclays with 32,000 people from 185 countries . If that covers just Liverpool then you really should be tucked up in bed by now.

You are a dork. . . . . .32,000 people from 185 countries ma foot!!!
Were u interviewed?? Barclay's would say whatever to back up their claims they went to 185 countries to ask people who the most popular player in the PREM is. . . . .U must be an IDIOT to believe such nonsense. Where is the RAW DATA??
Where is the stats showing what EACH country voted??

Nonsense!!!

Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by bgees(m): 6:38pm On Dec 12, 2008
@sauron,

why do u find the results hard to believe. You of all people should know that many people don't like ronaldo.

And how can u put eboue before torres?
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by Sauron1: 7:09pm On Dec 12, 2008
bgees:

@sauron,

why do u find the results hard to believe. You of all people should know that many people don't like ronaldo.

And how can u put eboue before torres?

All i am saying is 38,000 is too low a number to provide an accurate picture of who the most popular player is in the PREM.
60,000 fans watch Eboue week in week out at the Emirates and Barclays can only provide 38,000 opinion poll??
Where is that done??
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by Knight1(m): 8:06am On Nov 19, 2009
I agree. Torres is VERY easy to like. His first season was a BLAST unlike as u said, a certain ronaldo, he does appear to be humble and he z my fav striker even though am NOT a liverpool fan
Re: Torres: Barclay's Most Popular Player by blapo(m): 3:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
If you like the truth gege if you no like you hang gege, if you hang you go die gege you go die for nothing gege, and the song goes on

(1) (Reply)

Sunday Mba Makes Goal.com Top 50 List. Ranked 24th Ahead Of Ibrahimovic, Pirlo. / Ghana Is The Best Football Nation In Africa. / Formula 1 Fans Let's Meet Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.