Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,040 members, 7,818,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) (41189 Views)

The False Information On New ₦100 Website Has Been Corrected / Error On New ₦100 Website Has Been Corrected (Photo) / Muslim Body Alleges Jewish Symbol On New N100 Note (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by PEREP: 6:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Avedon:

Let's assume It's UYO stadium isn't it embarrassing for the federal government to claim it as one of It's achievements?

That's how exactly they tried to take credit for the control of Ebola epidemic. And the only thing i can remember the federal government deed was to show how to use some disinfectants on national TV while the Lagos state government was working vigorously to curtail the spread on the virus. Which afterward the federal government try push it down the troth of misinformed Nigerians that they were the brain behind the success.

No government in the world will claim such thing as achievement

I just saw the website and it simply says 'Nigeria Today' and not FG achievements in the last 8 years.

If it is a view of Ibom Stadium, is the stadium in Togo

Haba!!!
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by felibrain: 6:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
PapTzy:
Just this morning, I got the opportunity to have a feel of the new ₦100 note. As a tech savvy individual, I decided to scan the bar code printed at the back of the new note. I was impressed at the cool use of technology as I was directed to the website of the new ₦100 note.

Going through the numerous photos on the web page, I came across a familiar picture. On a closer look, I realized that it was an aerial picture of the famous "Allianz Arena" stadium in Munich, Germany instead of the Akwa Ibom Stadium, Uyo.

The stadium is being paraded as an achievement of Nigerian government, showing the Nigeria of today. This misinformation is highly unintelligent and embarrassing.

Here's the link to the website : http://sites.visualead.me/ngp_new/#001
WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING? What prove do you have that the site you posted was created by the FG As a tech savy you claim to be, is it not rather disgraceful that you don't know that links that begin with sites.anything.soso shows that it's a free website hosted by Google (which any body can create and upload whatever he feels like Do you think if FG wanted a site they are too broke to pay for hosting? Please stop seeking unnecessary attention.

2 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by major466(m): 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
PapTzy:
Just this morning, I got the opportunity to have a feel of the new ₦100 note. As a tech savvy individual, I decided to scan the bar code printed at the back of the new note. I was impressed at the cool use of technology as I was directed to the website of the new ₦100 note.

Going through the numerous photos on the web page, I came across a familiar picture. On a closer look, I realized that it was an aerial picture of the famous "Allianz Arena" stadium in Munich, Germany instead of the Akwa Ibom Stadium, Uyo.

The stadium is being paraded as an achievement of Nigerian government, showing the Nigeria of today. This misinformation is highly unintelligent and embarrassing.

When did that site became an FG website

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by vigasimple(m): 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
Avedon:

Perhaps they are not aware that Nigeria took off at the same time with Thailand, Singapore, Malaysia and Taiwan. Even South Africa look up to Nigeria as role model back then.

If you are watching economic programs on Africa, they'll mention South Africa, Angola Kenya before they remember Nigeria. they consider the first three as economic power house of Africa.

1. South Africa doesn't have crude oil, they depend on Mining and small scale manufacturing for their income.

2. Angola started extensive oil exploration in 2002 after 18 years long civil war that ended in the year 2000. But they successful transformed their economy. If you are doubting, type "Angolan economy" on Google.

3. Kenya depends on coffee for their income but they also transformed their economy. coincidentally, Kenya share some similarities with Nigeria politically. They thought that government of moy Kibaki was the best until they elected they their present government lead by Uhoru kenyanta the same way some people in Nigeria thinks Gej is the best thing that ever happen to Nigeria.

You may have a valid point. However, Bhuari is an old change. He is the past at 72years old.

GEJ without the North making the country ungovernable for him is the present.

There are better candidates who could do a better job ten times than GEJ and Bhuari combined. Those are what we need now and the future.

But will born to rule allow it or vote for it , the answer is NO.

Even in APC , are there not many competent candidates better than Bhuari ? Yes, they are but born to rule Fulani masters will never accept. They must be President whether or not the south likes it. They even go as far as saying southerns Muslims are kaferi"s.

Remember, Abiola, he was voted in by ordinary folks all over the country including the north but the political elites in the North make sure he was killed.

Do you consider that one Nigeria?

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Dreyl(m): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
tundeayo2020:
hmm I love my country nigeria
who cares
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by nedu2000(m): 6:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
someone should be losing his/her job for this.....incompetence,i trust yankee for this kind thing the CBN governor or its director of currency would've resigned by now
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Leopantro: 6:40pm On Dec 27, 2014
felibrain:

WHAT IS THIS ONE SAYING? What prove do you have that the site you posted was created by the FG As a tech savy you claim to be, is it not rather disgraceful that you don't know that links that begin with sites.anything.soso shows that it's a free website hosted by Google (which any body can create and upload whatever he feels like Do you think if FG wanted a site they are too broke to pay for hosting? Please stop seeking unnecessary attention.

Guy, stop showing yourself. This is a picture of the new 100 naira note. Scan it yourself and ask who put the QRcode there.

2 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by gratiaeo(m): 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
My Shout Out Goes To All Igbo Men In Alaba, Ladipo, Oyinbo, Trade fair, Onitsha Main Market etc Who Started With Nothing (Oso ahia) but Today They Own Shops, houses and cars through hussle....
My Shout out Also Goes To Every Igbo Student Who Engaged Himself/herself in a menial job to pass through schools.. The students That Run Barbing saloon, Photocopying Machine, Phone accesories, Computer for typing project for other students, kiosk owners etc!
These Pple Never Allowed Their Challenges To Weigh Them Down But They Stood Up For Victory! There's No Excuse For Failures!
2015 Will Be a Great Year For All.. Amen

2 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by yomanovic: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2014
sawdust:
my own be say mek d money enter my hand I use am..finish

Muslims go say Arabic write-up no dei ontop now anoda clueless man don d complain of stadium....

Your comment @ clueless man is shameful! I realise that the word 'clueless' is now being used for everything even when its not appropriate for that particular situation. I wonder if they border to find the real meaning!

I had to google Uyo stadium pictures and realised that Uyo stadium is not the one represented in that website. The same way they have done a shabby job is the same shabby way Nigeria is being governed. No body takes pain to do extra work to ensure the right thing is done.

2 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Atk1nson(m): 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
successking:

Every sound mind knows that you have spoken from the depth of anger and not reasoning. All these accusations are baseless. BH has been operating in the north before GEJ took over in 2010. Corruption has been extended to almost every household before GEJ who is being accused of corruption came to power.

Just tell me, how GEJ can root out the corruption in Your household?

Indeed, Nigeria needs a change but not Buhari and therefore GEJ will remain in power till 2019.

almost true, however insecurity was not this rife and corruption not this pervasive. We can't continue along this path
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 6:43pm On Dec 27, 2014
felibrain:

Yes, the Federal Government of Nigeria is that unprofessional. Why are you forming?

http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/SagiNadir/site-update-n100-centenary-banknote

The company they contracted for the QR Codes is called Visualead, and is based in fucking Tel Aviv. A QR code, that ANYONE CAN MAKE FOR FREE. The government paid a foreign company to print common, uncustomized QR codes and link it to a shabby, uncustomized, generic website. The shame NEVER. ENDS.

And no, it's not hosted by Google, you ídiot.

4 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
yomanovic:

Your comment @ clueless man is shameful! I realise that the word 'clueless' is now being used for everything even when its not appropriate for that particular situation. I wonder if they border to find the real meaning!

I had to google Uyo stadium pictures and realised that Uyo stadium is not the one represented in that website. The same way they have done a shabby job is the same shabby way Nigeria is being governed. No body takes pain to do extra work to ensure the right thing is done.

are you clueless as well?
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 27, 2014
html14java:

Keke man, kindly stop me here make I buy market.

[size=15pt]**Blame it on Buhari**[/size]
buy N100 recharge card for too from there. grin
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by html14java(f): 6:48pm On Dec 27, 2014
Mcquine:

buy N100 recharge card for too from there. grin
0987 6543 2109 876
Send ur money yo get the last digit
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Leopantro: 6:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
MissMeiya:

Yes, the Federal Government of Nigeria is that unprofessional. Why are you forming?

The company they contracted is called Visualead, and is based in fucking Tel Aviv. The shame NEVER. ENDS.

Never pretend to comprehend the height of ignorance of most Nigerians. Everyone had the right to exhibit such ignorance but some abuse that privilege.

In his rush to defend this master, he exposed himself even more. Wonder what else he would say?

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by felibrain: 6:53pm On Dec 27, 2014
MissMeiya:

The company they contracted for the QR Codes is called Visualead, and is based in fucking Tel Aviv. A QR code, that ANYONE CAN MAKE FOR FREE. The government paid a foreign company to print common, uncustomized QR codes and link it to a shabby, uncustomized, generic website. The shame NEVER. ENDS.

The link I'm still seeing can't prove that FG owns the site or that the site is in anyway affiliated to the FG. Until this is established all the claims here remains baseless. We must be careful with what we say about our country please!!!
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
To show you how FREE it is to create a QR code:

I just made this one now. It points to www.nairaland.com.

And I didn't need to contract a foreign company to give me a LINK TO THEIR OWN WEBSITE.

2 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
felibrain:

The link I'm still seeing can't prove that FG owns the site or that the site is in anyway affiliated to the FG. Until this is established all the claims here remains baseless. We must be careful with what we say about our country please!!!

Dumbass.

3 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 6:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
html14java:

0987 6543 2109 876
Send ur money yo get the last digit
Lol well played.
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Leopantro: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
felibrain:

Fine. The FG does not own the site and the site is not affiliated with the FG. Who, then, allowed such a site to advertise on a legal tender that the FG mandated by law to circulate in Nigeria and why was such an error (misinformation) allowed to occur?

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by NobleG1(m): 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
What do you expect? Nigerian politicians have no atom of credibility. Lies upon lies and looting spree, yet the masses don't care as long you give them bags of rice and tins of tomato. Id*iots!
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 7:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
Leopantro:

Fine. The FG does not own the site and the site is not affiliated with the FG. Who, then, allowed such a site to advertise on a legal tender that the FG mandated by law to circulate in Nigeria and why was such an error (misinformation) allowed to occur?

Don't indulge him.
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 7:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
donshaddow:
Hey Op! You shouldn't display your stupidity in public instead... I'm a Niger-Deltan but I hate Jonathan So much... But this, you need to check your head.

This is not a GOVERNMENT site, but just your stupid blog trying to make a point and tarnish the government and not Jonathan.

His stupid blog? I guess you didn't read where he said d barcode on the note linked him to that website?

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Leopantro: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
MissMeiya:
To show you how FREE it is to create a QR code:

I just made this one now. It points to www.nairaland.com.

And I didn't need to contract a foreign company to give me a LINK TO THEIR OWN WEBSITE.

The issue of the QR code been a security check by the Governor of CBN does not good water. Anyone can create a QR code, the link is not a secure site. Wonder how much the contract was?
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Emmanuel247(m): 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Scan bar code? How did u do that?
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 7:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Avedon:

Let's assume It's UYO stadium isn't it embarrassing for the federal government to claim it as one of It's achievements?

That's how exactly they tried to take credit for the control of Ebola epidemic. And the only thing i can remember the federal government deed was to show how to use some disinfectants on national TV while the Lagos state government was working vigorously to curtail the spread on the virus. Which afterward the federal government try push it down the troth of misinformed Nigerians that they were the brain behind the success.

No government in the world will claim such thing as achievement.

It is a an avoidable mistake, it's regretable but it is one we need to call the attention of the site administrators to so as to correct it.
On the Uyo stadium and the Ebola fight, your comment is even more regretable. Nigeria is not just about the Federal Govt, it's about Nigeria, federal, state and local govts. It's not just about Goodluck but also about Buhari, Sambo, Anyim, Fashola, Akpabio, Dankwanbo etc, it's not just about north, but also about the west and east so I don't see anything wrong with the picture of Uyo stadium, Eko Atlantic city, Dutse International airport, Tinapa or Obudu cattle ranch. The essence of the webpage is to showcase the history and evolution of Nigeria in pictures. Nigeria is everyone's project, dream, worry and fear not just FG/Jonathan's.
On the fight against Ebola, shouldn't you listen to people who know. The fight was a collective one which the President recognised and acknowledged. I never heard him claim victory for the FG but for Nigerians. When at the UNGA he used the more inclusive word "we" he was referring to Nigerians. Stop quit that line.
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 7:24pm On Dec 27, 2014
Let's spell it out for the mentally challenged on Nairaland.

Here's a photo of the new N100 note. See the QR code?

Crop.

Scan, using an app on your phone, or a website online.

This is the link the FG contracted a foreign company to print on our currency: http://vqr.mx/KDW33

That url shortcode resolves to http://sites.visualead.me/ngp_new/

It cannot be changed. It will always scan to that hyperlink. Forever.

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by KazukiIto(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
donmalcolm21:
I can't see any Allianz Arena there rather I saw Akwa Ibom Stadium. So Op stop lying

Abeg blindness dey run for una family?

2 Likes

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 7:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
APContherun:

It is a an avoidable mistake, it's regretable but it is one we need to call the attention of the site administrators to so as to correct it.

The site administrators are Israelis who have already collected their money. I doubt the TWO false images (one German, one Egyptian) will be corrected. I'm sure there are more than 2 sef.

1 Like

Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Maximillian1: 7:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
lekhane:
you are one of the problems this country has
NL members no go kill me with laf
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Elgaxton(m): 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
PapTzy:

The web designer is just a learner seeking for attention.... even the images on the site are very very appaling
Re: False Information On New ₦100 Website (Photos) by Nobody: 7:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Leopantro:

The issue of the QR code been a security check by the Governor of CBN does not good water. Anyone can create a QR code, the link is not a secure site. Wonder how much the contract was?

Are they expecting Nigerians to scan a QR code (that anyone can print) on a common N100 note to check its authenticity? And waste data to be linked to an Israeli website?

Just when you think Nigeria's government cannot shock you again with their stupidity, they go and hit a new record.

Depressing as shít.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

UBA ATM In Daura, Katsina Overcrowded (Photo) / How To Apply For A Tax Identification Number (TIN) In Nigeria / Folorunso Alakija: My Oil Block And How I Became Nigeria's Richest Woman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.