Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

The Sopranos - Best Series Ever - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Sopranos - Best Series Ever (1405 Views)

James Gandolfini, 'The Sopranos' Star, Dead At 51 / BREAKING BAD !! The Best Tv Series Ever Made / What Is Your Best Series Ever (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Sopranos - Best Series Ever by Chrisbenogor(m): 2:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
My year would not be complete without paying tribute to this series. I watched it again for the third time this year and I could not help but still marvel at such great acting.

The Sopranos has been regarded by some as the greatest television series of all time. The series also won a multitude of awards, including Peabody Awards for its first two seasons, twenty-one Emmy Awards and five Golden Globe Awards. A staple of 2000s American popular culture, the series has been the subject of critical analysis, controversy, and parody, and has spawned books, a video game, high-charting soundtrack albums, and a large amount of assorted merchandise. Several members of the show's cast and crew who were previously largely unknown to the public have had successful careers after The Sopranos. In 2013, the Writers Guild of America named The Sopranos the best-written TV series of all time, while TV Guide ranked it the best television series of all time.

If you love tv and acting and all that good stuff, and you still have not seen this series. Turn of that nikita today, break/delete anything that has to do with Olivia pope........toss your breaking bad collection ( yes I said it! ) ....Spend the rest days of this year soaking up what acting really is all about.

[url
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9oY7zpan18][/url]

1 Like

Re: The Sopranos - Best Series Ever by Stegomiah: 6:21pm On Dec 27, 2014
Different strokes for different folks!

To you the sopranos may be the best, but I think you must be high or tipsy, ridiculing breaking bad in such manner.

Breaking bad for me is the greatest series of all times.

Rating wise, award wise, acting wise.....name it!

I love the sopranos though, I consider it as one of the best but not the best, asides breaking bad, I rate the wire, Got...ahead of it

1 Like

Re: The Sopranos - Best Series Ever by Chrisbenogor(m): 9:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
Stegomiah:
Different strokes for different folks!

To you the sopranos may be the best, but I think you must be high or tipsy, ridiculing breaking bad in such manner.

Breaking bad for me is the greatest series of all times.

Rating wise, award wise, acting wise.....name it!

I love the sopranos though, I consider it as one of the best but not the best, asides breaking bad, I rate the wire, Got...ahead of it
Not high or tipsy it was intentional. Let's leave the wire out of this that was another classic.

I really cannot get a hang of what was awesome about breaking bad bros. To me it's was an average joe production, not so bad ........but no way can it share the hall of fame with series like the sopranos or the wire. That's what we should be discussing.......

Care to share why you think breaking bad is awesome?

(1) (Reply)

Need Help Searching For Channels With Strong Decoder / Kids Next Door Revival? "Stop The G:knd" / Please Who Knows The Title Of This Jet Li Movie

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.