Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,257 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera (6564 Views)

Spice Up Your 2015 By Owning One Of These Smartphones / MTN/Glo GPRS Configuration for Windows Smartphones? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by royalgurus(m): 5:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
One day, our grandkids will look back at the phones people used in the 20th century and wonder what kind of phones those were if they didn't have a camera. Or at least that's a safe prediction we can make now that cameras are one of a phone's key features. Even dirt-cheap, no-name handsets, the kind of which are sold by the pound by Chinese OEMs, have cameras, albeit very basic ones.

Yet did you know that there is a small number of smartphone models designed without cameras? These are devices built for a niche of buyers who can't bring a camera to their workplace, but still want to have access to their email, social networks and IM clients.

One of the few companies with non-camera smartphones in their lineup is iNO. The iNO Scout 2 – one of its recent models – is a ruggedized Android-based smartphone with a 4-inch screen, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. There's also the slimmer, lighter iNO 2, which offers a 4.3-inch AMOLED display, a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB storage.

Below are the image of this mobile phones tongue

Source: www.gizng.com grin

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Gmajor(m): 5:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
the should just share the phone among their employees cos i dont see the reason y any1 will buy that trash

10 Likes

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by royalgurus(m): 5:36pm On Dec 27, 2014
Gmajor:
the should just share the phone among their employees cos i dont see the reason y any1 will buy that trash

Lol bro they are not trash.i know someone out there likes the phone

2 Likes

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by motherlode: 5:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
They solved a problem! There are many people who are not photogenic, it removes the prospect of having bad pictures on the phone which you won't want your friends or those operating your phone to see but with your love for other things which the phone can do. It's best! grin

But i can't purchase it because i love taking pictures cool

3 Likes

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by mployer(m): 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
The camera on my fone is serving no purpose presently.

3 Likes

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Truth24(m): 6:02pm On Dec 27, 2014
They should create one without gallery na

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by ozor1: 6:45pm On Dec 27, 2014
Go to Madonna or caritas university,that's when you'll value the phone

2 Likes

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by NeilOssai(m): 8:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
Den they dont Qualify to be called SMARTphones.

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by RotrEmmanuel: 8:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
what is camera
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
Well to each his own.

I haven't carried my $2,000 Nikon DSLR for ages simply because my iPhone takes good pictures.

I just can't imagine having phone without a camera.
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 27, 2014
RotrEmmanuel:
what is camera

You don't have such in France where you school?

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by daxon001(m): 9:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
I'd rada call dem smart calculators or organizers
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by tomiobj(m): 11:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
So BlackBerry bold 5 has no camera
royalgurus:
One day, our grandkids will look back at the phones people used in the 20th century and wonder what kind of phones those were if they didn't have a camera. Or at least that's a safe prediction we can make now that cameras are one of a phone's key features. Even dirt-cheap, no-name handsets, the kind of which are sold by the pound by Chinese OEMs, have cameras, albeit very basic ones.

Yet did you know that there is a small number of smartphone models designed without cameras? These are devices built for a niche of buyers who can't bring a camera to their workplace, but still want to have access to their email, social networks and IM clients.

One of the few companies with non-camera smartphones in their lineup is iNO. The iNO Scout 2 – one of its recent models – is a ruggedized Android-based smartphone with a 4-inch screen, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB of RAM and 16GB of storage. There's also the slimmer, lighter iNO 2, which offers a 4.3-inch AMOLED display, a 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB storage.

Below are the image of this mobile phones tongue

Source: www.gizng.com grin

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by dominique(f): 11:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
That's a bold 5. What's it doing in the list? Though I'm not much of a picture person, I can't imagine using a phone without camera.

2 Likes

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by carik(m): 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
what's smart about the phones if there is no camera
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by royalgurus(m): 12:02am On Dec 28, 2014
dominique:
That's a bold 5. What's it doing in the list? Though I'm not much of a picture person, I can't imagine using a phone without camera.
Yea thats bold 5 but Verizon version tongue grin

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by royalgurus(m): 12:06am On Dec 28, 2014
carik:
what's smart about the phones if there is no camera
Lol d phone dont have camera dt doesn't mean it don't have gallery and Bluetooth. Bro check the phone's features u will see its better than your tecno H6 grin
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by musicwriter(m): 12:08am On Dec 28, 2014
I for one have no need for camera phones. I have no idea why people crave for it. Have been using them for ages and have only snapped 1 picture. The last picture I took with my phone was in 2012, that's about 3 years ago.

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by royalgurus(m): 12:09am On Dec 28, 2014
tomiobj:
So BlackBerry bold 5 has no camera

Lol thats the Verizon version c the back below tongue

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by carik(m): 12:18am On Dec 28, 2014
royalgurus:

Lol d phone dont have camera dt doesn't mean it don't have gallery and Bluetooth. Bro check the phone's features u will see its better than your tecno H6 grin

lol
Even nokia 3310 got gallery and whats a bluetooth when you can send via wifi
btw......who told you i use a tecno
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 28, 2014
Those phones are meant for Madonna University students..

I love camera phone,can't just do a day without snapping a picture..

*say cheese*

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by freezyprinzy(m): 1:12am On Dec 28, 2014
mxcheeeeew yyeye day smell...if I don't wanna use a smart fone without camera my Nokia touch light day dier
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by kevoh(m): 4:54am On Dec 28, 2014
I don't blame the companies that are against cameras when out of 8 work hours, two productive hours are spent/lost on taking selfies at work. tongue
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by RotrEmmanuel: 5:32am On Dec 28, 2014
CityNG:

You don't have such in France where you school?
I schooled in FRANCE
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Warlord3000(m): 5:57am On Dec 28, 2014
Already liking the phone already smiley

Am not photogenic smiley

So the prospect and temptation of snapping a pic is gone for good...

Yippee wink

Will just be checking out other peeps at least wink

1 Like

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by tolasa(f): 7:00am On Dec 28, 2014
OK! check out Whispergist.com

Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by tomiobj(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2014
royalgurus:

Lol thats the Verizon version c the back below tongue
wow. I dint kno. I learnt sth new. Thanks boss
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by dominique(f): 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
royalgurus:

Yea thats bold 5 but Verizon version tongue grin

Wow, I've never seen a verizon bold 5 before. I still can't imagine why anybody would want to get such phone in this day and age
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by akinsadeez(m): 7:55am On Dec 28, 2014
The phone in the second picture is ugly as feck. No wonder it has no camera.

I think those phones are only useful for people who work in highly classified environments where the employers cannot take the risk of having the employees take photos of highly classified documents.
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by crowntoro(f): 11:30am On Dec 28, 2014
Yomieluv:
Those phones are meant for Madonna University students..

I love camera phone,can't just do a day without snapping a picture..

*say cheese*
cheeeeeeeese grin
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by fowowe411: 5:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
CityNG:
Well to each his own.

I haven't carried my $2,000 Nikon DSLR for ages simply because my iPhone takes good pictures.

I just can't imagine having phone without a camera.
who asked you how much you bought your camera?hehehe humans and unnecessary show-off
Re: Did U Know: These Smartphones Don't Have Camera by Nobody: 5:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
fowowe411:
who asked you how much you bought your camera?hehehe humans and unnecessary show-off

You need to reassess your life and accomplishments so far if ordinary $2,000 is causing you this much grief.

Value was used to show that a $199 smartphone has as much day to day quality camera as a $2,000 dedicated DSLR.

Oponu Ode.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom 5 Review: It's Not Worth 70k / How To Get 30GB Data For Free On 9mobile (no Charges no cheat) / How To Detect If A Phone Is A Clone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.