Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,828 members, 7,831,690 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye (6729 Views)

Pleasant Surprise From NTA / No Surprise In Security Circles Over Ex-cjn’s Son Joining ISIS / Ondo Elections: Pastor Tunde Bakare Prophesies Mimiko as Winner Oct 20 Poll, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by ToyinAG: 5:59pm On Dec 27, 2014
In his most recent column for Saturday Sun ‘Press Clips’, veteran Nigerian journalist Mike Awoyinfa chronicled Redeemed Pastor J.T. Kalejaiye’s explosive sermon last Sunday in which he appeared to be canvassing support for the APC Buhari-Osinbajo ticket come February 2015.

In his message, Pastor Adeboye’s close confidant and touted to be among the favourites to one day take over Redeemed Christian Church Of God (RCCG) predicted ‘there would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’, telling congregants to ‘go and mark it’.

Sounding angry with the way Nigeria is going, Kalejaiye, the regional evangelist of RCCG fumed: “Of what use is my brother, my blood brother who is not going to move the nation forward? And you want me to vote for him because he is my brother? Don’t let us deceive ourselves.”

He continued, “We have to change our system… Who is a Christian? Who is a Muslim? When I was working somewhere, my boss was a Muslim. I enjoyed under him. My boss provoked me to study further. My boss was always after my welfare. It shall be well him wherever he is today. He is a Muslim. The soldier attached to me was with me for almost 15 years. I never knew he was a Muslim. The day he opened his mouth to say “Sir, I am Muslim,” I said “What? But you follow me to the camp. You do this, you do that.” He said that when it was time to pray he would pray.

“Brethren, wake up! Who is a Christian? That somebody goes to church doesn’t make him a Christian. That somebody bears Christian name doesn’t make him a Christian. You are a Christian yet there is no employment for our youths. People who should be feeding their parents are still being fed by their parents. How many youths can get married today without the support of their parents financially? During our own time, we did our wedding, we only called our parents to come and eat. Today, our children who are 35, we are still feeding them.

“What are we saying? Let’s call a spade a spade, brethren. Things cannot continue this way. Corruption is the order of the day. You can steal and nothing will follow. That’s all… Brethren, if you don’t do something, something will do you. Wake up!”

Pastor Kalejaiye’s veiled support for Buhari comes after he appointed Prof. Yemi Osinbajo, also a high ranking Redeemed Pastor, as his running mate for the February 2015 general elections under the banner of APC.

SOURCE: http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=97323

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Beesluv: 6:04pm On Dec 27, 2014
Good to hear this.

But was he not the person they said disowned Osibanjo?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by slimfit1(m): 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
The man want to sacrifice those large money called tithe for good government.
Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by CharlesPhc: 6:05pm On Dec 27, 2014
Someone once said that the church is becoming too worldly and the world is becoming too churchy...!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by iamodenigbo1(m): 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
u tell me kuchi kuchi Ye a I understand

1 Like

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by FastShipping: 6:06pm On Dec 27, 2014
There you have it.

Buhari/Osinbajo 2015!

Sai APC!

Sai Nigeria!

54 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by slimfit1(m): 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
CharlesPhc:
Someone once said that the church is becoming too worldly and the world is becoming too churchy...!!!

True say brother. The foolish are leading the wise.
The clueless are ruling the smartest.
Soon the rich will beg the poor.

7 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
APC warriors going berserk

6 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by ahaika23: 6:08pm On Dec 27, 2014
grin grin grin I thought they said adeboye?

5 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by datguru: 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
Waste of time

It is quite disheartening and questionable how the passage in the bible that says "do not be unequally yoked with unbelivers " and the other that says "friendship with the world is enmity with God" has been ignored or misinterpreted in this situation. It is sardonic and religiously uncalled for

3 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by NgeneUkwenu(f): 6:11pm On Dec 27, 2014
We are getting there! Despite the denials, Adeboye CAN NEVER abandon his sheep! grin grin

10 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 6:13pm On Dec 27, 2014
Op change the title of your post .
Pastor Adeboye is not involved here ,not even in your story.

9 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
What is he saying? undecided all this bla bla bla bla....... Just for selfish reason, will he face the bible or walkout from the alter, he should stop poisoning people mind, just look what a so called pastor is saying, so to earn a little kobo. Shame on him. GEJ till 2019.

5 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by ToyinAG: 6:17pm On Dec 27, 2014
This move has been calculated for a long time. That is why Adeboye had to disown a video released earlier this year from one of his own pastors which was encouraging Christians to support Jonathan. The writing has been on the wall.

Kalejaiye is said to be the closest to Adeboye in the Redeemed hierarchy. Adeboye himself may not publicly say such but his message privately is being clearly conveyed by his loyalists.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 27, 2014
I see new occupants in aso rock next year.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by temitemi1(m): 6:27pm On Dec 27, 2014
Dream ooooon... GEJ till 2019!!!

5 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 6:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
And Buhari's support base keep swelling

18 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 6:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
and the sermon was well recorded A-Z ba?

How is Pst. adeboye related to this topic?

2 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by naso2(m): 6:35pm On Dec 27, 2014
How does Kalejaiye's opinion become pastor Adeboye's?

u are being mischievous

1 Like

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Adetula1(m): 6:38pm On Dec 27, 2014
very funny topic.Adeboye was not mentioned nor was he in the service.

1 Like

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Mortiple(m): 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2014
Adetula1:
very funny topic.Adeboye was not mentioned nor was he in the service.
God bless you bro.

I wonder when Pastor JT Kalejaiye became Pastor EA Adeboye.

The statement is personal opinion of Pastor Kalejaiye and doesn't in any way represent that of RCCG or Pastor Adeboye.
Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by jamace(m): 6:50pm On Dec 27, 2014
Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by chronique(m): 6:58pm On Dec 27, 2014
It's either the writer is a dunce or He's just being mischievious. When did Adeboye and Kalejiaye become the same thing? Isn't there a difference between both names? I don't care about whether Adeboye said something or not but if you must spread news,spread accurate news. These days,it's becoming very difficult to believe any news item from Nigeria cos there's so much lies and propaganda everywhere.

2 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Alphaoscar: 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2014
datguru:
Waste of time

It is quite disheartening and questionable how the passage in the bible that says "do not be unequally yoked with unbelivers " and the other that says "friendship with the world is enmity with God" has been ignored or misinterpreted in this situation. It is sardonic and religiously uncalled for

maybe you can say that to Pastor Ayo oritsejafor.

3 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 7:10pm On Dec 27, 2014
CharlesPhc:
I once said here on nairaland that churches(not the Church of Christ) will unite with politics to establish firm the reign of Antichrist,sm pple thought then i'm crazy but it has been prophesied and it must but come to fulfilment. So give up on that angry pastor up there.

1 Like

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by hayoakins(m): 7:15pm On Dec 27, 2014
Op, your title has Pastor Adeboye while the body stated Pastor Kalejaiye.

Please get the fact right. Cheers
Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by PassingShot(m): 7:18pm On Dec 27, 2014
While well meaning Nigerians keep queuing up behind GMB/PYO, rogues and corruption-personified personalities like IBB keep supporting GEJ.

Voice of people is voice of God.

5 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by jamace(m): 7:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
PassingShot:
While well meaning Nigerians keep queuing up behind GMB/PYO, rogues and corruption-personified personalities like IBB keep supporting GEJ.

Voice of people is voice of God.
Do you know that Osibanjo is a renowned rapist and very corrupt :https://www.nairaland.com/2063845/osibanjo-transferred-rccgs-hqtrs-because
Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by WORLDPEACE(m): 7:22pm On Dec 27, 2014
starlingleanets:
I once said here on nairaland that churches(not the Church of Christ) will unite with politics to establish firm the reign of Antichrist,sm pple thought then i'm crazy but it has been prophesied and it must but come to fulfilment. So give up on that angry pastor up there.
Is the mixing of religion and politics a new thing? If anything, it reducing not increasing. Most people are just becoming sensitive to it because now for the first time in history majority of people have access to the scriptures. If you want to use this to determine the coming of the Antichrist, I am sorry, you have missed him already because the church's hold on the state has reduced.

2 Likes

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by LuckyLadolce(m): 7:25pm On Dec 27, 2014
K
Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 7:28pm On Dec 27, 2014
Music to my ears. God bless Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: ‘There would be a pleasant surprise in 2015 elections’ - Pastor Kalejaiye by Nobody: 7:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
WORLDPEACE:

Is the mixing of religion and politics a new thing? If anything, it reducing not increasing. Most people are just becoming sensitive to it because now for the first time in history majority of people have access to the scriptures. If you want to use this to determine the coming of the Antichrist, I am sorry, you have missed him already because the church's hold on the state has reduced.
When u see Jerusalem surrounded by "army". Army doesn't sounds like a spiritual host but Soldier with guns but unluckily dose who hv fallen out of Grace will be pointing out the sons of God. I can't explain things much suffice to say i did not say the church uniting with politics deficit the coming of the antichrist,i'm only telling the church wot will take place b4 the beast arise and D Antichrist come afterwards to enforce with all political power as a law that all must receive the mark of the beast. But will u understand this at this moment? But this u have read will come to ur mind when u see them happening. May the Grace of the Lord Jesus Christ the Love of God and the Fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with ur soul now and forevermore.Amen

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I No Longer Supports APC Am Now A Supporter Of The Opposition... Details Inside / Give Us Biafra, All SS/SE Are Saying, Give Us Biafra / President Buhari Has Failed Chibok Girls - BBOG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.