Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,351 members, 7,819,253 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:21 PM

North Korean Internet Goes Out Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Korean Internet Goes Out Again (675 Views)

Power Goes Out At Murtala Muhammed Airport On January 11, 2015 (VIDEO!!!!) / North Korean Internet, 3G Mobile Network 'paralysed': Report / Prophet Tb Joshua Foretells Demise Of North Korean Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Korean Internet Goes Out Again by Nobody: 9:16pm On Dec 27, 2014
North Korea blasted the United States for the release of the Sony film ‘The Interview’ just hours before it reportedly suffered yet another country-wide Internet blackout on Saturday.

Analysts at Dyn Research, an international Internet performance firm who are monitoring the country’s web access, spotted the outage late Saturday evening, North Korean time. The blackout comes days after the secretive authoritarian nation experienced a previous country-wide Internet outage from what security experts think was a likely cyber-attack.

Related: Sony releasing ‘The Interview’ online

The outage Saturday came just hours after a North Korean spokesman released a statement denouncing Sony’s release of “The Interview” online and in a limited number of movie theaters. The statement, from Pyongyang’s Policy Department of the National Defence Commission, warned that screening the film would “[hurt] the dignity of the supreme leadership” of North Korea while “agitating terrorism.”

North Korea’s statement accused President Obama of being the “chief culprit” forcing Sony to release the film – saying the president is “reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest” – while also blaming “wicked conservative forces” for the film’s release.

“Obama always goes reckless in words and deeds like a monkey in a tropical forest.”
STATEMENT FROM NORTH KOREAN GOVERNMENT
The note, full of the usual bluster, threats, and over-the-top rhetoric Pyongyang is known for, concludes by saying: “If the U.S. persists in American-style arrogant, high-handed and gangster-like arbitrary practices despite the repeated warnings of the DPRK (Democratic People’s Republic of Korea), the U.S. should bear in mind that its failed political affairs will face inescapable deadly blows.”
Pyongyang – which has denied any role in the original hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment – is also alleging that the United States government is behind its previous Internet outage. When asked about that on Monday, U.S. State Department spokesperson Marie Harf told reporters she would not publicly discuss any details about a “possible response” before adding, “as we implement our responses, some will be seen, some may not be seen.”

Many in the media interpreted Harf’s answer as a a near admission that the U.S. was behind the first North Korean Internet outage. On Tuesday, one reporter asked Harf a followup question saying that she seemed to be giving a “nudge, nudge, wink, wink.” Harf cautioned against any such interpretation of her remarks and said she merely meant she could neither confirm nor deny that there would be a U.S. response to North Korea’s alleged hacking of Sony. Source MSNBC NEWS
Re: North Korean Internet Goes Out Again by DaBullIT(m): 11:29pm On Dec 27, 2014
I do not understand what the fuss is about , if people are making videos to mock Jesus Christ , Muhammed, I fail to see why Kim Jun un will be so pissed at the comedy of his crying on TV, his death and sheeting his own pants on live international interview

I watched the Interview yesterday and it was hilarious , If indeed NK hacked Sony, then i would say they saw a beautiful devil sleeping and they had the guts to suck its Nypples , You mess with a goat, you get the horns, simple as A B C
Re: North Korean Internet Goes Out Again by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 28, 2014
DaBullIT:
I do not understand what the fuss is about , if people are making videos to mock Jesus Christ , Muhammed, I fail to see why Kim Jun un will be so pissed at the comedy of his crying on TV, his death and sheeting his own pants on live international interview

I watched the Interview yesterday and it was hilarious , If indeed NK hacked Sony, then i would say they saw a beautiful devil sleeping and they had the guts to suck its Nypples , You mess with a goat, you get the horns, simple as A B C
pls I need the link to download that movie
Re: North Korean Internet Goes Out Again by DaBullIT(m): 5:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
studio14:
pls I need the link to download that movie

Movies mobile , select Hollywood
Re: North Korean Internet Goes Out Again by Nobody: 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2014
DaBullIT:

Movies mobile , select Hollywood
thanks man

(1) (Reply)

Vote N Let Ur Opinions Be Heard Here Plz... / Sambo Is A Political Thief - Shehu Sani / Mass Defection Looms In Akwa-ibom PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.