Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:06 AM

Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord (4056 Views)

Why Is My Honda City Revving Itself.help Pls / Why Does My Honda Accord 2005 Model Rev Itself Any Time I Start It. / Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 10:01pm On Dec 27, 2014
I have a 2004 honda accord i4 and had to spend a lot of money when the car stared vibrating at low speeds under load or going uphill b4 i narrowed it down to the inner cv joint driver's side(usually diagnose car faults myself as i don't trust these mechanics) bought a used(tokunbo..... Seriously doubt it couldn't find a new one unlike outer cv joint that have new ones) inner cv joint and the problem went away, only to resurface after about 3 weeks driving. Went ahead and bought the complete shaft and same thing happened after about a month. Now am thinking something is making the cv joint to fail and this started when i changed the struts. Now ve bought another strut for the driver side and another inner cv joint. This time the shaking didn't go away only reduced and ve decided to change my foolish mechanic and his car parts sales man. Please any advice or should i just try again with a new mechanic?
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by GAZZUZZ(m): 2:51am On Dec 28, 2014
I feel you are buying bad parts.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2014
GAZZUZZ:
I feel you are buying bad parts.
You might be right. Thanks for replying but is there anyway to identify the original?
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Denn(m): 4:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
Namzy:

You might be right. Thanks for replying but is there anyway to identify the originali
?

Buy directly from USA.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by GAZZUZZ(m): 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2014
Namzy:

You might be right. Thanks for replying but is there anyway to identify the original?

Contact luvinghubby.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by disloman(m): 8:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Namzy:
I have a 2004 honda accord i4 and had to spend a lot of money when the car stared vibrating at low speeds under load or going uphill b4 i narrowed it down to the inner cv joint driver's side(usually diagnose car faults myself as i don't trust these mechanics) bought a used(tokunbo..... Seriously doubt it couldn't find a new one unlike outer cv joint that have new ones) inner cv joint and the problem went away, only to resurface after about 3 weeks driving. Went ahead and bought the complete shaft and same thing happened after about a month. Now am thinking something is making the cv joint to fail and this started when i changed the struts. Now ve bought another strut for the driver side and another inner cv joint. This time the shaking didn't go away only reduced and ve decided to change my foolish mechanic and his car parts sales man. Please any advice or should i just try again with a new mechanic?
It is madness when u try rectifying a fault on a car when u r nt a professional.There r thousands of mech professionals in this field who r trustworthy n sincere.U might av gone thru lot of nightmares with ur mech,that doesn't mean u should work on ur car all by urself.There is something that b responsible 4 d cv joint keep developing fault.Everything is not remove n refit part.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by chukel(m): 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2014
disloman:
It is madness when u try rectifying a fault on a car when u r nt a professional.There r thousands of mech professionals in this field who r trustworthy n sincere.U might av gone thru lot of nightmares with ur mech,that doesn't mean u should work on ur car all by urself.There is something that b responsible 4 d cv joint keep developing fault.Everything is not remove n refit part.
my friend go and sit down. Imagine ur first statement. I bet u not any different from the baba tijanis and emmmm. Gazzuz what's the name of that ur mechanic. There is nothing wrong in doing it urself. He may even be more knowledgeable than the so called professionals.

2 Likes

Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:04pm On Dec 28, 2014
chukel:
my friend go and sit down. Imagine ur first statement. I bet u not any different from the baba tijanis and emmmm. Gazzuz what's the name of that ur mechanic. There is nothing wrong in doing it urself. He may even be more knowledgeable than the so called professionals.

Kazeem. grin

3 Likes

Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by disloman(m): 12:35am On Dec 30, 2014
chukel:
like u treating urself of illness while u r a banker in profession?what a dumb-ass
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by chukel(m): 7:47am On Dec 30, 2014
disloman:
like u treating urself of illness while u r a banker in profession?what a dumb-ass
we know ur type. Even professionals like Gazzuz, Siena, cityng give advice and directions here. If u r one as u claim, drop ur advice. I guess u have Neva come across DIY in Ur life. As for ur analogy with human health, have u ever heard do it urself when it comes to life?. If it's something he cannot do, he will seek a professional's touch. Those who know their onion are never afraid of being edged out by others acquiring knowledge.

1 Like

Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 1:15pm On Dec 31, 2014
You guys just derailed the thread. Thanks for those that contributed will definitely change mechanic and probably order another inner cv joint. Fingers crossed
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by disloman(m): 2:06pm On Dec 31, 2014
chukel:
we know ur type. Even professionals like Gazzuz, Siena, cityng give advice and directions here. If u r one as u claim, drop ur advice. I guess u have Neva come across DIY in Ur life. As for ur analogy with human health, have u ever heard do it urself when it comes to life?. If it's something he cannot do, he will seek a professional's touch. Those who know their onion are never afraid of being edged out by others acquiring knowledge.
Hmmmmmmm,iLm nt against DIY but it requires wisdom.I rest my case
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Nobody: 3:17pm On Dec 31, 2014
disloman:
Hmmmmmmm,iLm nt against DIY but it requires wisdom.I rest my case

Not wisdom but a repair manual and tools.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 31, 2014
If you are based in lagos. I suggest a cheap efficient alternative will be to go to Oyingbo, where Honda accord spare parts are sold. There are some local mechanics who live and work opposite the dealers. They are okay. I have a reliable guy if you are interested. All the best.

1 Like

Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by disloman(m): 11:20pm On Jan 05, 2015
CityNG:

Not wisdom but a repair manual and tools.
hmmmmm,u now need a repair manual n tools to use ur brain?now i understand u.rest my case
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Nobody: 11:31pm On Jan 05, 2015
disloman:
hmmmmm,u now need a repair manual n tools to use ur brain?now i understand u.rest my case

Everybody has a brain.

When you are going to rebuild an engine, as an example, you need to consider the specs that you are rebuilding it to and proper tools makes jobs easy and actually fun.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 9:17am On Aug 09, 2015
... ... .
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 9:48am On Aug 09, 2015
...... ..
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Graciouslytaken: 11:13pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hello bro, I am interested!
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Graciouslytaken: 6:50pm On Jun 18, 2022
If you are based in lagos. I suggest a cheap efficient alternative will be to go to Oyingbo, where Honda accord spare parts are sold. There are some local mechanics who live and work opposite the dealers. They are okay. I have a reliable guy if you are interested. All the best.

Please @byNobody can I have the guys contact?
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Itsrm(m): 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2022
Namzy:

Long time ago. If you can remember, but did you ever solve this?
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 10:53am On Jun 19, 2022
Itsrm:

Long time ago. If you can remember, but did you ever solve this?
Nah changed transmission and front and rear engine seats and cv joints recently and so far not experienced this yet.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Itsrm(m): 11:01am On Jun 19, 2022
Namzy:

Nah changed transmission and front and rear engine seats and cv joints recently and so far not experienced this yet.

I've always suspected that those Honda recurring vibrations could be from the transmission.

How long is this recently?
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 11:41pm On Jun 19, 2022
Itsrm:

I've always suspected that those Honda recurring vibrations could be from the transmission.

How long is this recently?
2 months
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Itsrm(m): 6:04am On Jun 20, 2022
Namzy:

2 months

I think you're finally out of the woods. It usually doesn't take that long before it returns.
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 8:11pm On Jun 20, 2022
Itsrm:

I think you're finally out of the woods. It usually doesn't take that long before it returns.
Lol I'm starting to fill a liltlle vibration going up hill but I don't drive the car often to be sure. This problem has really been a mystery even in foreign honda forums
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Itsrm(m): 8:17pm On Jun 20, 2022
Namzy:

Lol I'm starting to fill a liltlle vibration going up hill but I don't drive the car often to be sure. This problem has really been a mystery even in foreign honda forums

Nawa o, I hope its not your mind playing tricks on you.

I saw someone in one of those forums say its one of those vibrations you have to live with cheesy
Re: Need Help With My Inner Cv Joint On My Honda Accord by Namzy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 20, 2022
Itsrm:

Nawa o, I hope its not your mind playing tricks on you.

I saw someone in one of those forums say its one of those vibrations you have to live with cheesy
Lol I was wondering whether it was my seat belt hitting the door.

(1) (Reply)

Football Stars And Their Cars (Pictures) / How Reliable Is Acura MDX Suv Anyone With First Hand Experience Pls. / Proforce - Nigerian Armored Vehicle Manufacturing Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.