Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,640 members, 7,955,331 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:02 PM

Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. (2915 Views)

Radiator Fan Constantly Running (even When Engine Is Off) / Help Radiator Fan Not Working ( Problem Solved ) / Benefits Of Using Coolants Versus Water In Car Radiators. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. by coupeboy(m): 10:51am On Apr 06, 2013
Pls help!
My Honda babyboy is mixing oil and coolant in the reservoir tank and also in the radiator. i bought this car about 6 months ago from the USA and now in use in Nigeria. just recently,is wen i observed this. I check the gasket and confirmed OK. Now what exactly is the cause of this and how also can it be remedied?
Re: Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. by cretin: 11:05am On Apr 06, 2013
UR CYLINDER HEADS ARE PROBABLLY BAD..IT APPEARS IT MUST HV HAD THAT ISSUE IN THE USA...THE JUST CHANGED THE HEAD GASKET WITHOUT MACHINING THE HEADS...ANOTHER CAUSE CUD BE THAT UR BLOCK HAS WARPED DUE TO THE PREVIOUS OVERHEATING...thus the seal isnt 100%......all in all..be ready to spend money in fiixng the car
Re: Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. by ZIMDRILL(m): 11:22am On Apr 06, 2013
coupe-boy:
Pls help!
My Honda babyboy is mixing oil and coolant in the reservoir tank and also in the radiator. i bought this car about 6 months ago from the USA and now in use in Nigeria. just recently,is wen i observed this. I check the gasket and confirmed OK. Now what exactly is the cause of this and how also can it be remedied?

how was the headgasket checked ?
Re: Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. by Nobody: 11:42am On Apr 06, 2013
ZIM DRILL:

how was the headgasket checked ?

That's what I was about to ask. Without carrying out a leakdown test, compression test or checking the coolant for the presence of hydrocarbons, there's no way of establishing the integrity of the headgasket seal.

@ Coupe-boy: When you post a query, please try to help us help you, by posting as much detail as possible, and a real name will be good. Babyboy means nothing to me.

01) Model year?
02) Engine size?
03) Auto or manual?
04) Symptoms - has the car lost any noticeable performance? What is it like starting from cold
?
Re: Oil Mixing With Water In Reservoir Tank & Radiator In My Honda Babyboy 4cyl. by zakadamson: 9:29pm On Apr 06, 2013
coupe-boy:
Pls help!
how was the gasket checked? before it was comfirm ok?

(1) (Reply)

Re-birth Of The Volvo Brand In Nigeria / Help! I Was Stranded Yesterday My Acura MDX 2007 Refused Start. / How Much Does A Catalytic Converter Of A Toyota Camry 2002/2003 (big Daddy) Cost

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.