Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,167 members, 7,815,064 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings (15391 Views)

This Bra Is Worth $2million / How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over 2 Million Dollars On Their Dream Wedding / Oprah Winfrey Offers Lindsay Lohan $2million To Interview Her (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by lalasticlala(m): 11:19pm On Dec 27, 2014
As we all know, weddings are a very big part of the Nigerian culture.The union of a man and a woman both traditionally and with a white ceremony, is often an occasion not to be missed.

Leading American business magazine and publication Forbes has published an article titled – “How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2 Million On Their Dream Wedding“.

From the wedding planner to the dress and refreshments, a few top Nigerian wedding planners share with the publication, how Nigeria’s most wealthy dish out cash for the dream day.

Funke Bucknor of Zapphaire Events: “Our core clientèle is mainly madeup by millionaires. They will not hesitate to spend the money in order to get what they want. If they need to fly in an artist from America, or a decorator from Dubai or London, they will do so. Cause one wedding alone just doesn’t cut it. First there is the traditional wedding – the only wedding recognized by the family – followed by the white wedding, which is similar to that which we know in the West. As for the latter, the destination wedding is all the rage. Dubai and London are the most popular destinations, followed by Cape Town, Seychelles and the Maldives. Florence in currently growing in popularity.

Elohor Aisien of Privé Luxury:“Nigerians love champagne, so the most money will be spent on drinks as well as food. On Nigerian weddings there’s food from 2pm tillmidnight. Old money Nigerians may keep things more subtle, new money Nigerians are more concerned with letting people know that they’ve arrived. Magnums of Dom Pérignon will often be their drink of choice. In a way it’s become this competition amongst brides. They’ll ask me: ‘How many bottles did she have? I need more.

I did the wedding of Reukayat Indimi, who comes from a royal Nigerian family, which hails from the north of the country. Accordingto northern tradition, the bride can't leave the house during the month leading up to the wedding. Since the bride didn’t have her wedding dress yet, I flew into London with a model who fitted several dresses for her.

Elie Saab is a popular choice of wedding dress amongst Nigerians, whereas most grooms I work with want aTom Ford total look.Vera Wang is also very much in demand, since it fits well on the Nigerian body type.”

http://www.bellanaija.com/2014/12/27/forbes-profiles-how-nigerias-rich-spend-over-2million-on-dream-weddings/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by CzarRex: 11:30pm On Dec 27, 2014
Ok..FTC

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by CzarRex: 11:34pm On Dec 27, 2014
Bt wait oh, wetin concern dem U.S, we beg dem make dem come help us 4 BH issue, dem do yanga 4 us, dem say no, nw dem wan dey chuk mouth 4 wetin no concern dem...make dem warn dem selves oh b4 shekau bomb dem oooh

9 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by knightsTempler: 11:35pm On Dec 27, 2014

6 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by vizkiz: 11:37pm On Dec 27, 2014
that doesn't/wouldnt stop me from spending £5million on my dream wedding tongue

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Vivalavida99(f): 11:39pm On Dec 27, 2014
Op, you mean like this Pic below

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Dannylux: 11:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
People invest more in wedding than in marriage. Divorce here and there after all the show offs.

8 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by PerfumeRepublik: 12:39am On Dec 28, 2014
Its for those who can afford it,and also depends on how you get the money.
Most folks who spend extravagantly on weddings are people with oil well licenses, folks who have connections to federal and state govts et al.
If you get made without these affiliations I doubt if u'll spend that much on a mere wedding.
This is why once they are cut of from Govt largesse, they form a political party and start acting like patriots

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by LesbianBoy(m): 1:55am On Dec 28, 2014
And after all the spending, na still divorce go end am! undecided

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by freezyprinzy(m): 1:55am On Dec 28, 2014
true buh z it per annum or monthly
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Diznie(f): 2:04am On Dec 28, 2014
vizkiz:
that doesn't/wouldnt stop me from spending £5million on my dream wedding tongue
invite me to the wedding o

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Teammi: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2014
Nigerian love party

2 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by freshness2020: 7:42am On Dec 28, 2014
Naija I hail thee !
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Innodon(m): 7:42am On Dec 28, 2014
Very soon i will be in the list
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by thiefnubu(m): 7:43am On Dec 28, 2014
The duration of a marriage is not determined by the length of the wedding limo or the bridal gown/ train undecided

The wedding isn't the marriage........ Marriage is what happens after all the 'owambe' has subsided, and the Bella-naija wedding photos hanging on your wall start looking strange to you...

Less wedding.... More marriage.. That's the way to go

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by tdayof(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Dream wedding shocked!chai see naija money sad

1 Like

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Nobody: 7:44am On Dec 28, 2014
mtchew
suffering and smiling.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by zeezboy(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Wetin man do man
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Trending(m): 7:44am On Dec 28, 2014
Kai
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by djeezy(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2014
Interesting. Spending so much on your wedding does not prevent divorce. So the focus shouldn't be on the dream wedding alone but on how to build a better home. The average rich Nigerian man is superfluous in nature. To us we see big weddings as a representation of affluence, plush and status.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by lilbazy(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2014
Afterall he won't go to grave with even 1kobo,we all met money in this world and we shall all leave it in this world.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by zeezboy(m): 7:45am On Dec 28, 2014
Wetin man do man
God punish poverty!
I dey go church!
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by llawal: 7:45am On Dec 28, 2014
Kkk
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by seangy4konji: 7:46am On Dec 28, 2014
Are you gonna dance?if I show you the money.
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by calmdude(m): 7:47am On Dec 28, 2014
no wonder people Dont believe when u say there is poverty in Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Dinocarex(m): 7:48am On Dec 28, 2014
I went for one.. All I could say was 'Woooooooow'.

1 Like

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Nobody: 7:48am On Dec 28, 2014
So should it be listed among the achievements of Jonathan?

1 Like

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by nerodenero: 7:50am On Dec 28, 2014
calmdude:
no wonder people Dont believe when u say there is poverty in Nigeria
The rich are getting richer and the poor stays poorer.

3 Likes

Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
Money must be made..
Re: Forbes Profiles How Nigeria’s Rich Spend Over $2million On Dream Weddings by Chuksgeo: 7:51am On Dec 28, 2014
This is zerious!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dolapo Badmus Tells Feminists: 'Allow Your Husband To Take Charge Of The Home' / Mercy Johnson Drums Support For Precious Chikwendu Over Custody Of Kids / Toke Makinwa And Hubby Maje, Stylish At Havard Dinner In Lagos [pix]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.