Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,671 members, 7,862,085 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term (12223 Views)

We Won’t Forgive Buhari – Some South West Leaders Endorse Jonathan / Gridlock In Lagos As Tricycle, Okada Riders Endorse Jonathan 0 / Ekiti Babalawos/Herbalists Warn Politicians Against Bloodshed, Endorse Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by emmysoftyou: 12:19pm On Dec 28, 2014
datribune:

A few days ago, Tunisia d most stable of d Arab spring countries elected an 88 yr old as president.
Mandela took office at age 76

Ronald Reagan took office at age 73
Both were 2 of d best presidents in world history.
GMB is 72. Why should age be a problem in GMB's case. If u ar worried about age, don't worry about GMB who is 72, worry more about Ali Must Go, GEJ's re-election campaign chairman who is 78.
dis election shall be a referendum on performance while in public office : GMB - tried, tested & proven to be one of d greatest nigerian leaders of all time.
GEJ - tried, tested & proven to be one of d weakest, most corrupt & clueless leaders in nigerian history.
SAI BUHARI
some of all this old men yu listed above,refused to go for a 2nd term due to old age:::
Someone like nelson mandela who refused to go for 2nd term because he s old...
wait a minute,re yu telling us that old men re active in bed than young naija dudes...

Pls leave buhari alone to relax with his grand sons and daughters...
Lets focus on jonathan who s ready to transformed nigeria,if not because the core north re distracting him....
You would have seen the greater side of nigeria...
Forget this born to rule fulanis or hausa pple...
Dont be weak to cast your vote for him.
One love

GEJ till God knows when:::;;;;
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
raumdeuter:
Lol everyone don see say this Jonathan na maga

So mushroom associations are just springing up to collect their own share

Google the association name (Association of Nigerian American Professionals (ANAP) nothing comes up, the closest is NAPA.

Ask for their website? Nothing,
Their secretariat nothing,
Any project they've done in Nigeria or America Nothing,
when was their last meeting in 2013 nothing

But dem don see mugu and wan collect dem own share

Soon Association of Nigerian Malaysian Prisoners (ANMP) would send their endorsement

God bless you. Stupid fools want to drag our names in the mud. Nigerian-Americans are DISGUSTED with that clueless drunkard.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
whitecat2:
Fake orgainzation! These people are scammers who do NOT represent Nigerian-American professionals in the US.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
StunningCEO:
Dia thread is very funny. Those of us here in the USA know that this body (American professionals) is sponsored by the FGON. Many of dem have moved bk to Nigeria and making good money from Jonatan.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Marlboro1: 12:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
lalasticlala:
The Nigerian community in the U.S., under the aegis of the Association of Nigerian American Professionals (ANAP), has endorsed President Goodluck Jonathan’s second term bid.

This was contained in a statement by ANAP National Chairman, Dr Iheanacho Orabuchi, which was e-mailed to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Lagos on Friday.

It said that Jonathan was the best candidate owing to the strong leadership qualities he possessed.

“We strongly believe that President Jonathan is the best candidate for Nigeria at this time and he has been tested and has the leadership qualities to lead Nigeria to the next level.

“A case in point is Jonathan’s recent leadership in curbing Ebola that prompted the World Health Organisation (WHO) to declare Nigeria “Ebola free’’, the statement said.

It said that the country could not afford to elect an inexperienced and undemocratic individual, who lacked democratic principles to direct the affairs of Nigeria.

The statement said that in spite of sabotage, the president’s transformational agenda and Vision 2020 had truly transformed the country’s economy.

“Various international rating agencies have rated the Nigeria’s economic outlook from stable to positive and this was possible because Jonathan has the vision and the people capable of executing his programmes with fidelity.

“Under his administration, Nigeria’s GDP grew consistently to register a record growth since last quarter of 2010.

“While placing the country to be the fourth fastest growing economy in the world in 2011, based on the improvement of economic indices of Nigeria, Fitch Rating Agency revised Nigeria’s economic outlook to stable.

“Also, Standard and Poor’s, a rating agency, generously revised Nigeria's ratings from stable to positive.

“Recently, Jim O’Neill, a former Chairman, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, a consulting firm, said that Nigeria will be among the list of the 15 largest economies by 2050,’’ it said.

According to the statement, other noticeable reforms and policies have yielded results that warrant Nigerians to take a second look on Nigeria as an investment
heaven.

Very inconsequential. We cant even vote from outside Nigeria's borders. So why is this news? Some politicians are always falling for cheap publicity.
It said that the signing into law of the Nigerian Oil and Gas Industry Content Development Bill 2010 had increased local content in the sector.

“The President’s policies have elevated the country and we are proud of his achievements,’’ it said.

The statement said that over 2, 000 Nigerians had benefitted from the Youth Enterprise with innovation in Nigeria (YOUWIN) initiative launched few years ago.
The statement said that another giant gain of Jonathan’s administration was the vision that led to power sector deregulation and privatisation.

It said that in future, sufficient and uninterrupted power supply would be achieved as the president’s policies continued to address and rectify the poor state of the country's power transmission network.

“The implementation of the power sector reforms is being religiously and efficiently carried out under the leadership of the president to achieve sufficiency in power supply", they said.

According to the statement, this will spur sustainable industrialisation.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/nigerian-american-professionals-endorse-jonathan-for-second-term/197723/
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 12:48pm On Dec 28, 2014
cc: CityNG

Have you seen this shamelessness? Help me find this fraud organization's phone number. I will call them and pretend I want to join to see if they actually exist.

Fucking crooks.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by citizenY(m): 12:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
raumdeuter:

Google the association name (Association of Nigerian American Professionals (ANAP) nothing comes up, the closest is NAPA.

Soon Association of Nigerian Malaysian Prisoners (ANMP) would send their endorsement

Pesin wey dey Yankee no get polling booth, no get vote....
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by ayindejimmy(m): 1:20pm On Dec 28, 2014
emmysoftyou:
old stale proverb::::
A river that forgets it's source is ready to run dry
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by hahn(m): 1:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
Just in case no one has ever mentioned it to you before....

Guy, you get sense

raumdeuter:

Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by datribune: 2:03pm On Dec 28, 2014
emmysoftyou:
some of all this old men yu listed above,refused to go for a 2nd term due to old age:::
Someone like nelson mandela who refused to go for 2nd term because he s old...
wait a minute,re yu telling us that old men re active in bed than young naija dudes...

Pls leave buhari alone to relax with his grand sons and daughters...
Lets focus on jonathan who s ready to transformed nigeria,if not because the core north re distracting him....
You would have seen the greater side of nigeria...
Forget this born to rule fulanis or hausa pple...
Dont be weak to cast your vote for him.
One love

GEJ till God knows when:::;;;;

Maybe if u ar truly serious about GEJ's transformation, we should pray dat Jonathan transforms ur life d way he's transforming Nigeria.
Why is it dat u blame everyone else except GEJ, d man who took dat solemn oath but has failed in every aspect of leadership.
How is it d fault of d north dat his govt reeks of rabid corruption?. How is it d fault of d north dat a man who once had no shoes is now d champion of d rich & d nemesis of d poor wit policies dat ensures dat d rich gets richer & d poor gets poorer?.
How is it d fault of d north dat he lacks d wisdom, d tact, d decisiveness & d political know-how to neutralize d opposition & save our nation d pains of his failings?. 
Guy, GEJ has no one else but himself & his rapaciously greedy tendencies to blame 4 d turn of events. We voted massively 4 him to make a difference in 2011 but he squandered our goodwill on d alter of rabid corruption. His being a Xtian has not impacted on his style of leadership neither has being a southerner made him a better leader. If dis election is to be based on their performance while in office & not on tribalism & bigotry, d decision between d 2 major candidates is easy to make.
One love & God bless Nigeria. SAI BUHARI
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by kart042000(m): 2:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
I like your submission but it is quite unfair to compare 18months of buhari to 2years vp, 2years acting president and now 3 years plus ongoing president Jonathan. What is happening today is just a repetition of what happened in 1983 because the corruption then was at it's peak as it is today. I have a feeling buhari would win in a free and fair election.
So far, what Jonathan has to his name is the election in 2011, though not so free but was fair, and that is the best election so far after MKO 1993, i have a feeling he his going to soil that reputation next year by rigging massively.
I wouldn't give him so much kudos for the ebola, thank God it came in through Lagos and it came from a diplomat, else Nigeria might havw been in serious soup. Fashola had to return immediately he heard such disease was broken in lagos, and it took FG almost 1 month to release the necessary funds to make isolation centres.

bushdoc9919:

The democratic regime he overthrew was so corrupt....it even makes this current one look good by comparison.

While I do not support coups as a rule....it must be difficult to support a democratic govt that engaged in the blatant rigging and corruption that wrecked our economy and led to peak milk et al becoming luxuries.

In fairness to Buhari....he tried to stabilise the economy....the mistake he made was leaving us oil dependent...which is the cause of our economic trobules....infact the oil price crash of 1982 is the reason for the economy being sick in 1984.

The thing that makes me sad about this election is that it is all about how we share the money and not about how we make it. Which is why YOU oppose Buhari....and why some oppose GEJ. Me? I just want our leaders to make our economy free from oil....so that we can have a super powerful GDP....and avoid the economic consequences of an oil price crash...so that 1982's fallout does not happen again.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by LogicPower(m): 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2014
blackpanda:

u need psychiatric help
u just start accusing smone for nothing. are u in buhari heart? how do u know?

i will take a man ruthless against corruption and vengeful againt those who have destroyed nigeria over a clueless greedy drunk cretin anyday

Excellent punchline!
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 6:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
MissMeiya:
cc: CityNG

Have you seen this shamelessness? Help me find this fraud organization's phone number. I will call them and pretend I want to join to see if they actually exist.

Fucking crooks.

I'll root the out soon.

It may be a waste of time though as it's probably some "on paper only" organization that meets once a month to eat isi ewu and palm wine at a local joint and rant and rave drunkingly for a few hours.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 6:28pm On Dec 28, 2014
CityNG:

I'll root the out soon.

It may be a waste of time though as it's probably some "on paper only" organization that meets once a month to eat isi ewu and palm wine at a local joint and rant and rave drunkingly for a few hours.

I don't doubt it. However, if you decide to, let me know, so I can expose them.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 6:50pm On Dec 28, 2014
raumdeuter:

It beats me too the way these associations spring up.

They quote rating agencies like it translates to the common man. Fitch, Standard & Poors and Moody are mere credit rating agencies. Their ratings may not necessarily imply facts. The Nigerian society has problems with everything. Even if the economy does get stable, it barely trickles down to the majority of the citizens. I do not see economic buoyancy as the solution to Nigeria's problem. It is just one aspect.

From lack of basic amenities, to corruption, stealing and embezzlement. There is disrespect to the rule of law, disrespect to fundamental human rights, police brutality, poor judicial system, electoral/political violence, insecurity, poverty, epileptic power supply, and social injustice and widening gap between the rich (mainly political class) and the poor.

They should have other rating agencies to rate these too.

I do not belong to APC or PDP. Want the best for my country where only few cities can boast of ordinary sidewalks for pedestrians.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by NOLONGTIN1(m): 7:06pm On Dec 28, 2014
kingDavidda1st:
undecided change we want

Buhari isnt CHANGE, you can call it/him RECYCLING.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Nobody: 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2014
Such endorsement carries no value. Question 1 - Do they have voters card? I bet u they dont. Will they vote? Capital No! How will they then be relevant to Jonathan reelection? It amounts to all noise and no impact.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by Danhumprey: 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
raumdeuter:

Lmao!gringringringringrin
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by dguyindcorner(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
hyfr:
I ddnt say a fowl word to u but since u decided to start it, its ur whole family that's mad. Gej till 2019 and forever.

Are you a FOWL?
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by dguyindcorner(m): 9:13pm On Dec 28, 2014
hyfr:
I ddnt say a fowl word to u but since u decided to start it, its ur whole family that's mad. Gej till 2019 and forever.

Are you a FOWL?
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by ooshinibos: 9:45pm On Dec 28, 2014
clevvermind:
Jonathan getting more support. good one. buhari has surely failed.

Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by hyfr(m): 1:27am On Dec 29, 2014
dguyindcorner:

Are you a FOWL?
use ur head na Foul word
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by samento: 8:15am On Dec 29, 2014
crazysaint:
When will buhari come to his senses abi when mushroom sprankout of his head, already he knws he's a failure but he woun't admit it. Untill he squander all his borrowed money before his eyes open. GEJ till God says No.
God is already saying no, can't you see the writing on the wall.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by dguyindcorner(m): 10:29am On Dec 29, 2014
hyfr:
use ur head na Foul word

If you have used your head you wouldn't take fowl for a foul. Is that your way of saying thank you?

Do I need to be telling you that too?
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by dhabeautyjas(f): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
why they no go endorse, when they are all enjoying devaluation of naira to their advantage. God dey sha.
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by hyfr(m): 4:26pm On Dec 29, 2014
dguyindcorner:

If you have used your head you wouldn't take fowl for a foul. Is that your way of saying thank you?

Do I need to be telling you that too?
u have no chill fvck out
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by dguyindcorner(m): 4:34pm On Dec 29, 2014
hyfr:
u have no chill fvck out

Frustrated?
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by hyfr(m): 7:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
dguyindcorner:

Frustrated?
lol I think you are the one frustrated man,you've got no chill, and please don't quote me again
Re: Nigerian-american Professionals Endorse Jonathan For Second Term by dguyindcorner(m): 10:39am On Dec 30, 2014
hyfr:
lol I think you are the one frustrated man,you've got no chill, and please don't quote me again

Next time learn how to be diplomatic to avoid frustration and make sure you take your pills regularly.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Buhari Is Delaying Cabinet Expansion / Atiku Lands In Ibadan For The PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Ibadan / South East Leaders To Meet President Tinubu Over Insecurity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.