Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:33 AM

As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 (4438 Views)

See The Exact Crate Umaru Dikko Was Found In At Stansted Airport In 1984 / How An Igbo Woman Saved Buhari From Coup Plotters In 1984 / Pictures : Interesting Newspaper Headlines In 1984-85 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Aksonman: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Food for thought.

4 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
bros. Its not even Buhari, it was speaking the truth about the governement.

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by dunkem21(m): 7:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
Dont mind them.

We will never go back to old ways of doing things

Never!

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by sweettease(f): 7:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
Smh... I used to be a fan of GEJ until I realised most of the arguments that are supposed to work for him and against his opponents are baseless, shallow and holds no weight.

5 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Collynzo22: 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2014
NAIRALAND will cease to exist if Buhari becomes President.
Facebook and Twitter will be severly censored.
The man hates criticism but wants to ride on the back of criticism of the Present government to power.

11 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Trut(m): 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2014
Collynzo22:
NAIRALAND will cease to exist if Buhari becomes President.
Facebook and Twitter will be severly censored.
The man hates criticism but wants to ride on the back of criticism of the Present government to power.

That's what I told a friend who always campaign for Buhari on Facebook. If GMB eventually win (may God forbid), we're in hot soup na asu potopoto. Facebook, Twitter, Nairaland and other social media platform will be censored like Iraq. Even our online activities will be monitored

13 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by bamidele029: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2014
This is a democracy, you can't compare it to military rule. When obj was a military ruler you dared not insult him but when he was democratically elected everyone was free to insult him. Comedians even made many jokes about his looks

5 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Caseless: 10:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
That was '84 . We're in 2014.

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by gebest: 10:27pm On Dec 28, 2014
My dear, then there was nothing like social media.

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by HonourablePomk: 11:07pm On Dec 28, 2014
Chai see Propaganda i can't stop laughing. Do you know the difference between Democracy and Authocracy

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Dbboy(m): 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
Certain people are saying it can't happen again that was before, what about china, Russia,turkey, Saudi Arabia if you think your freedom of information can't not be taken then you need your head examined. It can be taken and all you Internet activist would do nothing but whine and that's it.

13 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AreaFada2: 9:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Dbboy:
Certain people are saying it can't happen again that was before, what about china, Russia,turkey, Saudi Arabia if you think your freedom of information can't not be taken then you need your head examined. It can be taken and all you Internet activist would do nothing but whine and that's it.

People don't realise that such censorship begin gradually, usually under the guise of "National Security".

It would be bad for national security to portray the national govt as weak/incompetent, won't it? And that would be bad for national security, right? That's how it could begin.

Also don't forget the census sham that gives desert more population density than coastline. That has skewed National Assembly in favour of the North. Together with some money-hungry Southern politicians, a dictator can bring about laws that curb freedom of expression.

See what happened with Yerima's child molestation endorsement.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Nobody: 9:53am On Dec 29, 2014
Useless propaganda! Decree 4 was about journalists publishing false news against the government or any official. We all know how irresponsible our journalists are. In fact, only 2 journalists were jailed for false publication to deceive the public, Irabor and thompson of Guardian newspaper. If you can't publish correct news, you have no business publishing! Whether Social Media or mainstream media, we are to publish to our conscience!

6 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Nobody: 9:54am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:
Smh... I used to be a fan of GEJ until I realised most of the arguments that are supposed to work for him and against his opponents are baseless, shallow and holds no weight.
it shall be well with you my lady

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by sweettease(f): 10:24am On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
it shall be well with you my lady
Amen cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by ahaika23: 10:28am On Dec 29, 2014
Brings to mind, Buhari the terrorist.

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 10:38am On Dec 29, 2014
The psycho-maniac sharia voodoo economist can only tarnish my freedom of information in his imagination.

Never expect any meaningful action from an "economist" who intends to stabilize international oil market using foot soldiers grin grin

1 Like

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 10:40am On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
Useless propaganda! Decree 4 was about journalists publishing false news against the government or any official. We all know how irresponsible our journalists are. In fact, only 2 journalists were jailed for false publication to deceive the public, Irabor and thompson of Guardian newspaper. If you can't publish correct news, you have no business publishing! Whether Social Media or mainstream media, we are to publish to our conscience!
grin But Sharia Reporters can publish their lies on Facebook shey?

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 10:44am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:
Shebi you're still getting likes by uploading nairaland selfies? Wait till your oga becomes the president (in his dreams).

3 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Nobody: 10:49am On Dec 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:

grin But Sharia Reporters can publish their lies on Facebook shey?
it is against the ethics of journalism to poblish falsehood
Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 10:50am On Dec 29, 2014
...even if you bombers kill Jonathan; I will still vote for his corpse.

A dead GEJ is better than a voodoo economist who intends to stabilize international oil market using the Army as economic tool..

- Acidosis

6 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by sweettease(f): 10:50am On Dec 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:

Shebi you're still getting likes by uploading nairaland selfies? Wait till your oga becomes the president (in his dreams).
*Eyes rolling* what's your point? undecided
Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 29, 2014
Aksonman:
Food for thought.
I have been telling people not to vote for this al Qaeda man

1 Like

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 10:53am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:

*Eyes rolling* what's your point? undecided
Nairaland would become history if the voodoo economist wins the election. No more selfies and romance section.

The insults from people like me would be too much for him to bare. He would be forced to import ISIS & AlQaeda to threaten oppositions.

2 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
it is against the ethics of journalism to poblish falsehood
Is it right for a president to Jail journalists?

4 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Keky(m): 10:56am On Dec 29, 2014
"They" will shout: "Under GEJ, you won't get arrested for talking." Well, show me who was, under Shagari, civilian OBJ or Yar'adua... Dunces everywhere. This same GEJ used the Army and Dss to harass opposition and Newspaper houses.

1 Like

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by Nobody: 11:01am On Dec 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:

Is it right for a president to Jail journalists?
was the jailing just or unjust?why would they report falsely? In a regulated profession their professional association will sanction them with suspension. There was even an existing law, why should they break it? Publish a false report against me, I can sue you for maligning my image/reputation, you will pay billions or millions or be thrown to jail. Again, publish article with conscience and ethically

1 Like

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by sweettease(f): 11:05am On Dec 29, 2014
AcidosisMega:

Nairaland would become history if the voodoo economist wins the election. No more selfies and romance section.

The insults from people like me would be too much for him to bare. He would be forced to import ISIS & AlQaeda to threaten oppositions.
So you are willing to give up the chance of a better less corrupt Nigeria for the fear of loosing romance section?
Smh
Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 11:08am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:

So you are willing to give up the chance of a better less corrupt Nigeria for the fear of loosing romance section?
Smh

A better less corrupt Nigeria by who? Buhari?

When Buhari ruled Nigeria, your dad never toast your mummy, so how do you know you will get a better Nigeria under this said coupist?

5 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by AcidosisMega: 11:12am On Dec 29, 2014
barcanista:
was the jailing just or unjust?why would they report falsely? In a regulated profession their professional association will sanction them with suspension. There was even an existing law, why should they break it? Publish a false report against me, I can sue you for maligning my image/reputation, you will pay billions or millions or be thrown to jail. Again, publish article with conscience and ethically
So how are you sure those jailed reported false information?

Publish a false information against "ME"? Is he a god? Aren't you ashamed posting this trash?

If GEJ determines to jail those calling him names his dad never gave him, would people like you still be alive?

2 Likes

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by omenka(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2014
sweettease:

Amen cool
Pretty lady with brains. Oh lawdi lawd! Love those dimples. God bless you. smiley

These guys tend to forget military dictators rule by decrees and not the constitution. Under a democratic setting, such proposals have to get the nod of the NASS before they become laws.

1 Like

Re: As You Abuse GEJ, Remember That Abusing Buhari's Govt Was A Crime In 1984 by stebell(m): 11:13am On Dec 29, 2014
Caseless:
That was '84 . We're in 2014.

Wat has change in the person of Buhari?
Buhari once said that FG shud stop killing Boko Haram members.
Yu and the rest of the rodents and roaches knows that in El-Rufai voice, Buhari is unelectable.
Let's jus wait and see as things unfold.

GEJ till 2019. cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

"Only SE Senators And Reps Can Make Biafra Happen" Senator Tejuoso / Failed Prophesy: Biafrans Mock Apostle Suleiman / Tinubu Is Overhyped: Three Things We Learnt From The Fallout Between Ngige And F

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.