Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,616 members, 7,813,025 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 (44515 Views)

8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 / 5 Nigerian Artists Who Failed To Release An Album In 2015 / Pictures Of Crowd And Artists Who Gathered To Bid Bisi Komolafe Farewell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by presley64(m): 11:14pm On Dec 28, 2014
Donharrie:
Not releasing music often does not make you a failure

We need evergreen songs not weekly punchlines

you have said it all that is why artist like lucky dube,bob marley etc wud neva be forgotten
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Neldrizzy(m): 11:16pm On Dec 28, 2014
sawdust:
wat MOD,u okay?
MayD n Vector?
Please replace them with Davido and Tuface
*in tyrese's voice* Are you serious right now??
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by MrRhymes101(m): 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Nt a Wande fan bt what is he doing on dat list?? N u dare 2 put Vector also even with all d features n punchlines dis year?? Did I mention his endorsements?? He had issues with his label n d court dint let him release any track until d last quarter of d year yet he did well....remove dem jor!!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 11:22pm On Dec 28, 2014
Ghostlady:
lol she became a singer the moment she sang that poko song...which failed woefully wink
You are right!!
There are different types of singer.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:23pm On Dec 28, 2014
Neldrizzy:
..... and it is time
to look at the report card on who won in the music
year and those who lost out.
Here are the losers of 2014 ! (In no particular order)..

1--- May D : May D seem to be the architect of his
own misfortune. Since releasing his debut album,
the self acclaimed Sure Boy has been a very lazy
artiste, choosing not to put out records every now
and then. When he does, he seem to put out decent
records… If he does this constantly, he would
have released a hit record in the music year but he
was only able to release one single all year,
titled Ibadi. The video for the record came out
only few weeks ago. If the likes of Davido,
Wizkid can be releasing songs almost every
month, May D has no excuse for his laziness.
He had a fantastic 2013 though.

2---- Wande coal
One of the biggest losers this year is
Wande Coal. His work ethic also can be
questioned. He was able to put out smash singles
out in the year with Baby Hello, My Way and Plan
B all dropping in 2014 but somehow, Wande Coal
failed to match his previous height. The 29 year
old still hasn’t released any project since 2009.
That is almost 6 years now.

3-- D'banj,
D’Banj has struggled to achieve musical
success since parting ways with his former
business partner, Don Jazzy. Business wise,
D’Banj did well for himself though, with his
recent deal being the one he signed with Beats by
Dre, however he failed on musical grounds having
released more than 4 singles in 2014, Koko Master
doesn’t headline any show these days

4--- HKN GANG ( b-red, Sina Rambo, deekay, danagog
Davido might have achieved musical
success for himself however his role as a record
label chief has to be questioned. Despite all the
cash he has, connect, fame etc, the 22 year old
music sensation doesn’t look like he will ever sign
a music artiste that can make it in Nigeria’s music
scene. All his 4 artistes have released at least 2
singles each in 2014, with all of them featuring
him on a song aside Deekay. However, none of
the 4 released a radio/club friendly single in
2014… They all released at least 1 video each.
Total failure.

5--- Modenine
Popularly crowned as Nigeria’s best
rapper of all time, Modenine failed in 2014. No
show, no endorsement, no hit single, nothing!He
even released an album tagged Above Ground
Level in July featuring artistes like Ice Prince, Don
Jazzy, Reminisce, 9ice… Modenine still didn’t
achieve musical success in the year, no wonder he
was snubbed at the Headies 2014. The rapper
himself admitted music has given him fame and
not money in a recent interview.

6--- Ruggedman
According to Ruggedman, he
kickstarted Nigeria’s music revolution, but he has
never been part of the revolution. The rapper also
rolled out singles in 2014 with the most
“successful” featuring another artiste who made
this list Wande Coal (Bad combination)… The
rapper isn’t getting gigs and awards however.
Ruggedybaba is making money from his clothing
line though.

7--- Vector
Vector swore he is going to make a
comeback with his 2014 mixtape, #A7… #A7 was
released in September 1st and till date none of the
records on the tape has gone viral. He recently
released a video for one of the
songs, Shiga. Business wise, Vector did cash out
though, he was able to sign a deal
with Vitafoam according to reports.

8-- Kayswitch
Kayswitch: Another year another disappointment
from Kayswitch. Widely believed to be more
talented than his brother D’Banj, Kayswitch still
hasn’t made a name for himself in Nigeria’s music
scene since Mo’Hits era.

9-- TONTO DIKEH
It appears Tonto Dikeh has given up
on her quest to be a music star. The 29 year old
signed into D’Banj’s DB records label in 2014…
She released a single under DB Records imprint
but ever since, her momentum and passion seem to
have vanished. Poko Baby has since returned to
her first love acting.Her label boss D’Banj also
made this list.

10-- Samklef
Producer Samklef couldn’t get his music
career going in 2014. Despite picking fights with
Wizkid for publicity reasons, the former hitmaker
had a negligible music year. He released an album,
droped 5 singles, 3 music videos… Still his music
year was nothing to write home about.

Worthy mentions: Duncan Mighty, Waconzy,
D’Prince

Nlders, what's ur take on that??
How much single came frm Duncan Mighty? He recently released an album&since i started listening to him,his 1 of my best Nigerian artistes cos he has clean lyrics...
Ice Prince had a f**ked up Year
wande coal?for real? You gota be sh*ting me..had a decent yr..no album buh had a reall gud yr..dont put Klef&Tonto cos this aint Musicians..
The hkn gang should go&sit down even tho Fumilayo was on point..hate hearing That Unfiltered Voice of bred

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by mustymatic(m): 11:24pm On Dec 28, 2014
OP You have failed... Find some space to add your name.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by LaurelP(m): 11:25pm On Dec 28, 2014
Like most ppl have said, Wande Coal shud nt be on dat list. 9ice shud be on d list, Nigga Raw, Duncan Mighty, Faze, Sound Sultan, et al

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Neldrizzy(m): 11:29pm On Dec 28, 2014
Adiwana:

How much single came frm Duncan Mighty? He recently released an album&since i started listening to him,his 1 of my best Nigerian artistes cos he has clean lyrics...
Ice Prince had a f**ked up Year
you said Iceprince had a fvcked up year?? Like seriously?? Where were you when he was dishing out jams upon jams (N'word Rmix ft AKA, tears"bringBackOurGirls", That could be Us, Can i talk ft MI and Otis) ice had a fabulous year My brother.. )
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
Neldrizzy:
you said Iceprince had a fvcked up year?? Like seriously?? Where were you when he was dishing out jambs upon jambs (N'word Rmix ft AKA, tears"bringBackOurGirls", That could be Us, Can i talk ft MI and Otis) ice had a fabulous year My brother.. )
hahahaha.. #Bringbackourgirls only made sense wen Oritse femi jumped on the remix buh it didnt change the fact that he had a fkd up year.
Which of his songs actually rocked the air waves..even Wizzy's In My Bed with poor lyrics actually made it to every Radio Station

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Neldrizzy(m): 11:33pm On Dec 28, 2014
mustymatic:
OP You have failed... Find some space to add your name.
Loll... *frustration* is killing you My bro... Look for solution to ease ur self tongue
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wande cole sudn't have made d list .Matter of fact he suppose to get all the awards not Davido even though i'm his fan
d most lazy people are:
1 9ice
2Davido has no hit this year except owo ni koko which is gabbage dat i can't listen to twice but he enjoyed all d awards
and others
Lord of ajasa
Seriki
Durella
Olu maintain
Eldee
Faze
Black faze
Edris
Ruggedman
Mode9
Nigga Raw,
Duncan Mighty,
Sound Sultan,
Ikechukuw

Female
Sasha
Nneka
Asa

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by oluwagream: 11:34pm On Dec 28, 2014
Wande Coal Try abeg. 4 hit singles in a year na beans? Haba. How many hits did Davido have this year? "Aye, chelete," what else? And even Davido no release album. So why question Wande Coal's work ethics?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:36pm On Dec 28, 2014
Donharrie:

thank You..Wizzy released Song almost every Month buh all his songs had same rythm,verse,poor lyrics..need something fresh

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 28, 2014
I rank this write up 80% correct.

Oya now look for eraser and erase Wande Coal and Vec. make deep research on Vec and u will find out something. Ruggedman would have been out of the list but still leave him there while we work on him. ooops no need to cos the year is already out.

and

who put Tonto there?? OP na you??

Tonto is someone who plays with the studio mic and feel like hearing what her voice sounds like when singing. propably the tin leak. ***just saying***. As for me, She not a Singer cos she's wrong at that.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Neldrizzy(m): 11:38pm On Dec 28, 2014
Adiwana:

hahahaha.. #Bringbackourgirls only made sense wen Oritse femi jumped on the remix buh it didnt change the fact that he had a fkd up year.
Which of his songs actually rocked the air waves..even Wizzy's In My Bed with poor lyrics actually made it to every Radio Station
ok, i partially agreed, but 2012,2013,2014, iceprince was/is the highest paid rapper in Nigeria.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Matri10(m): 11:39pm On Dec 28, 2014
For Vector there was a court order that prevented him from recording music. . Hence He was only active for just Three months.

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:43pm On Dec 28, 2014
Neldrizzy:
ok, i partially agreed, but 2012,2013,2014, iceprince was/is the highest paid rapper in Nigeria.
cos of hype.i enjoyd his album last yr buh we talking abt those who made it in 2014..he should try nxt yr

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Neldrizzy(m): 11:44pm On Dec 28, 2014
Jhuniyour:
I rank this write up 80% correct.

Oya now look for eraser and erase Wande Coal and Vec. make deep research on Vec and u will find out something. Ruggedman would have been out of the list but still leave him there while we work on him. ooops no need to cos the year is already out.

and

who put Tonto there?? OP na you??

Tonto is someone who plays with the studio mic and feel like hearing what her voice sounds like when singing. propably the tin leak. ***just saying***. As for me, She not a Singer cos she's wrong at that.
you are funny i swear... Abt VEC, his label actually tied him down making him to be distracted, that's shouldn't be an excus cus he came back with an album which "i know" flopped...

1 Like

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Neldrizzy(m): 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2014
Adiwana:

cos of hype.i enjoyd his album last yr buh we talking abt those who made it in 2014..he should try nxt yr
Lolll definitely he will!!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Achillesgene(m): 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
lonngmann:
This list is 99% okay
though wande made the headlines with baby hello..so I dont think he should be there..and mode 9 has been dead a long time...its not like he is goin to wake up dis year...or next year undecided
Mode 9, best rapper around.....listen to him closely you will know!!!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 28, 2014
Texykool:
May D... cheesy

D'Prince cheesycheesy

I no know who they repeat lines pass between the two...
I lik his OYO song tho
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Kinkale(m): 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2014
chowlade:
Wande cole sudn't have made d list .Matter of fact he suppose to get all the awards not Davido even though i'm his fan
d most lazy people are:
1 9ice
2Davido has no hit this year except owo ni koko which is gabbage dat i can't listen to twice but he enjoyed all d awards
and others
Lord of ajasa
Seriki
Durella
Olu maintain
Eldee
Faze
Black faze
Edris
Ruggedman
Mode9
Nigga Raw,
Duncan Mighty,
Sound Sultan,
Ikechukuw

Female
Sasha
Nneka
Asa

did i see asa?? You wan die?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Ositawap: 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
holatin:
wande what ?Remove wands coal he dropped some club bang.

wait ! why will you categorise Toto decay as artiste
.....bros yu harsh o...toto decay ke...na uu sabi d name wella
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2014
[size=1pt] lol [/size] lol lol
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2014
Kcee,burna boy&jesse jagz were also failures.. Even tho fine face was a one theme song
D'prince didnt realse much infact only two songs&OYO was one of the best&inspirational songs from any artiste in past 5yrs..
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 11:57pm On Dec 28, 2014
Mayd is not a musician or song writer.....ile ijo is sure going to b is best hit....very always known won't make any song hit like ile ijo since d 1st day I heard and watch his ileijo video

May we jez pray say he story is not like blackface
Actually nah rat poison Im suppose dey advertise d guy sabi repeat words like
Listen to d song evfeatured davido u wud know wat I mean
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by swagwu(m): 11:59pm On Dec 28, 2014
dbanj actually failed woefully
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 12:00am On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:
Kcee,burna boy&jesse jagz were also failures.. Even tho fine face was a one theme song
D'prince didnt realse much infact only two songs&OYO was one of the best&inspirational songs from any artiste in past 5yrs..
guy u lie oo kcee ke ...kcee hit dis yr u knew ow many cars e bought disvyr ...e jez recently dashed a fan 1millionaira
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 12:06am On Dec 29, 2014
Psalmwise:
guy u lie oo kcee ke ...kcee hit dis yr u knew ow many cars e bought disvyr ...e jez recently dashed a fan 1millionaira
how many hit songs did he have?.i didnt say he is not rich or successful..i said he was a failure in 2014 in terms of his music
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Psalmwise(m): 12:13am On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:

how many hit songs did he have?.i didnt say he is not rich or successful..i said he was a failure in 2014 in terms of his music
although am not sure buh seems e sang fine face,hakuna matata pullover in 2014 ogaranya
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by dlux: 12:17am On Dec 29, 2014
Kelly Hansome nkor? Hit songs like Baba Olowo an its video isnt getting much airplay why? Abi Kennis still dey bent of keeping him down?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Reference(m): 12:18am On Dec 29, 2014
Donharrie:

I tell you. How can an artiste possibly create new music every month. Why won't quality and excellence suffer.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

D'banj Lying On Top Of A Female Fan On Stage (Video + pictures) / Tiwa Savage Stuns In Dashiki Swimsuit / Asa Asika Trolls DJ Cuppy For Her "Gbagaun" Egusi Post On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.