Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,941 members, 7,835,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:40 AM

Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 - Celebrities (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 (44573 Views)

8 Nigerian Artists Who Need To Release An Album In 2016 / 5 Nigerian Artists Who Failed To Release An Album In 2015 / Pictures Of Crowd And Artists Who Gathered To Bid Bisi Komolafe Farewell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by remmat(f): 8:59am On Dec 29, 2014
whats MI doing on that list.....
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Thraedz(m): 9:37am On Dec 29, 2014
Honourary mention: M.I.

I'm a big fan of his, but to be honest he flopped in 2014. His 3rd studio album: Chairman is shit. Nothing to write home about. Aint up to the standard of "Talk about it" or "The Movie".
The dude made a mess of his collabo with Nigeria's finest 2face. That track(Human Being) highlights the awfulness of the album. And the intro? Hehehehe..
M.I fall hands big time.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
Ghostlady:
yeah sure...
Good morning dear
Morni....aw ws ur nyt?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by BossAyuk: 9:47am On Dec 29, 2014
DY:
grin grin grin I called the garri seller too, to mend ways with the Don Dorobucci, but he insists he wants to be a farmer. Lil wonder his garri ijebu makes sense more than his album
grin
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by akinsadeez(m): 10:07am On Dec 29, 2014
Thraedz:
Honourary mention: M.I.

I'm a big fan of his, but to be honest he flopped in 2014. His 3rd studio album: Chairman is shit. Nothing to write home about. Aint up to the standard of "Talk about it" or "The Movie".
The dude made a mess of his collabo with Nigeria's finest 2face. That track(Human Being) highlights the awfulness of the album. And the intro? Hehehehe..
M.I fall hands big time.

'Human being' is awful? Bro your ear needs re-tuning undecided
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by ArcToyin(m): 10:33am On Dec 29, 2014
Neldrizzy:
..... and it is time
to look at the report card on who won in the music
year and those who lost out.
Here are the losers of 2014 ! (In no particular order)..

1--- May D : May D seem to be the architect of his
own misfortune. Since releasing his debut album,
the self acclaimed Sure Boy has been a very lazy
artiste, choosing not to put out records every now
and then. When he does, he seem to put out decent
records… If he does this constantly, he would
have released a hit record in the music year but he
was only able to release one single all year,
titled Ibadi. The video for the record came out
only few weeks ago. If the likes of Davido,
Wizkid can be releasing songs almost every
month, May D has no excuse for his laziness.
He had a fantastic 2013 though.

2---- Wande coal
One of the biggest losers this year is
Wande Coal. His work ethic also can be
questioned. He was able to put out smash singles
out in the year with Baby Hello, My Way and Plan
B all dropping in 2014 but somehow, Wande Coal
failed to match his previous height. The 29 year
old still hasn’t released any project since 2009.
That is almost 6 years now.

3-- D'banj,
D’Banj has struggled to achieve musical
success since parting ways with his former
business partner, Don Jazzy. Business wise,
D’Banj did well for himself though, with his
recent deal being the one he signed with Beats by
Dre, however he failed on musical grounds having
released more than 4 singles in 2014, Koko Master
doesn’t headline any show these days

4--- HKN GANG ( b-red, Sina Rambo, deekay, danagog
Davido might have achieved musical
success for himself however his role as a record
label chief has to be questioned. Despite all the
cash he has, connect, fame etc, the 22 year old
music sensation doesn’t look like he will ever sign
a music artiste that can make it in Nigeria’s music
scene. All his 4 artistes have released at least 2
singles each in 2014, with all of them featuring
him on a song aside Deekay. However, none of
the 4 released a radio/club friendly single in
2014… They all released at least 1 video each.
Total failure.

5--- Modenine
Popularly crowned as Nigeria’s best
rapper of all time, Modenine failed in 2014. No
show, no endorsement, no hit single, nothing!He
even released an album tagged Above Ground
Level in July featuring artistes like Ice Prince, Don
Jazzy, Reminisce, 9ice… Modenine still didn’t
achieve musical success in the year, no wonder he
was snubbed at the Headies 2014. The rapper
himself admitted music has given him fame and
not money in a recent interview.

6--- Ruggedman
According to Ruggedman, he
kickstarted Nigeria’s music revolution, but he has
never been part of the revolution. The rapper also
rolled out singles in 2014 with the most
“successful” featuring another artiste who made
this list Wande Coal (Bad combination)… The
rapper isn’t getting gigs and awards however.
Ruggedybaba is making money from his clothing
line though.

7--- Vector
Vector swore he is going to make a
comeback with his 2014 mixtape, #A7… #A7 was
released in September 1st and till date none of the
records on the tape has gone viral. He recently
released a video for one of the
songs, Shiga. Business wise, Vector did cash out
though, he was able to sign a deal
with Vitafoam according to reports.

8-- Kayswitch
Kayswitch: Another year another disappointment
from Kayswitch. Widely believed to be more
talented than his brother D’Banj, Kayswitch still
hasn’t made a name for himself in Nigeria’s music
scene since Mo’Hits era.

9-- TONTO DIKEH
It appears Tonto Dikeh has given up
on her quest to be a music star. The 29 year old
signed into D’Banj’s DB records label in 2014…
She released a single under DB Records imprint
but ever since, her momentum and passion seem to
have vanished. Poko Baby has since returned to
her first love acting.Her label boss D’Banj also
made this list.

10-- Samklef
Producer Samklef couldn’t get his music
career going in 2014. Despite picking fights with
Wizkid for publicity reasons, the former hitmaker
had a negligible music year. He released an album,
droped 5 singles, 3 music videos… Still his music
year was nothing to write home about.

Worthy mentions: Duncan Mighty, Waconzy,
D’Prince

Nlders, what's ur take on that??
anybdy wit BB charger
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Thraedz(m): 10:54am On Dec 29, 2014
I think it's yours that need re-tuning.
A collabo of such magnitude has a very high standard and should be a hit track. But guess what? It aint.
It's just an average track.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 10:55am On Dec 29, 2014
kristina1:

Morni....aw ws ur nyt?
twas cool and yours?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Thraedz(m): 10:59am On Dec 29, 2014
akinsadeez:

'Human being' is awful? Bro your ear needs re-tuning undecided

I think it's yours that need re-tuning.
A collabo of such magnitude has a very high standard and should be a hit track. But guess what? It aint.
It's just an average track.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Ignyte(m): 11:06am On Dec 29, 2014
SuperModerator:
the list is so true, except Wande Coal is not supposed to be in the top 10.

maybe you should replace him with MI

What is this one saying??
You didn't hear King James??

M.I dropped the most comceptual Album this year..
You Should go and do ur research about that Album... Dope lines.
Every song on that album has an opposite
The begining*The end
Monkey*Human Being
Mine*Yours
Wheel Barrow*Bullion Van
Shekpe*MillionNairaChampagne
Brother*Enemies

And so on . .

#PureCreativity

If you can call another Nigerian Album with a better concept this year... I'll delete my NL Account
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Ignyte(m): 11:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:

o pls..Flavor that sold 1mil copies in 5days should then do wat?die?..
M.I couldnt muster up to 2 songs of his own in arund 18 tracks..gav us a below par Mixtape called album,feat. Almost every 9ja Artist,couldnt trow punchlines,went commercial,got drowned in his own songs(Bullion Van)..he is also in the list

This is the reason we say people should do their research

Who told you he didn't do up to two songs on his own.... the reason every track featured a different artiste was to create awareness of those talents... the Concept waz inspire when 9ice told M.I: The sky is too big for us to fly, Others should Join in this Flight... or sumtn of that nature.

The point is that, did you hear wizkid in the hook of 'Mine'... i just don't believe Milli was in existence before chairman Album... did you hear Koker in 'Rich'?. Trust me he got a Fan.. See amazing Stuff... King James Before Chairman Album was Great... was there anybody aside M.I on it??

Please bro.. Go and Read about Chairman Album before saying Crap
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:27am On Dec 29, 2014
Ignyte:

This is the reason we say people should do their research

Who told you he didn't do up to two songs on his own.... the reason every track featured a different artiste was to create awareness of those talents... the Concept waz inspire when 9ice told M.I: The sky is too big for us to fly, Others should Join in this Flight... or sumtn of that nature.

The point is that, did you hear wizkid in the hook of 'Mine'... i just don't believe Milli was in existence before chairman Album... did you hear Koker in 'Rich'?. Trust me he got a Fan.. See amazing Stuff... King James Before Chairman Album was Great... was there anybody aside M.I on it??

Please bro.. Go and Read about Chairman Album before saying Crap
see your life..is it to go&read or to listen?i listened to that album&he had only 1 trak of his own..
is just like saying Jay-Z or 2pac,king of hip hop had only a track of his own in his album&he is claiming Rap king..m.i struggled thruout his album.he was trying to save his musical carrer.i would take dj khaled album to this sh*t m.i did any time any day..
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 11:35am On Dec 29, 2014
runzlord:

Please where is flavor on the itunes chart? I cant see him o! Can anybody find him? Mtcheew. And u say flavor was succesful? See most pple cant feature that much pple cos the dont have the money too, and most of the songs the pple he featured took only chrous. Mi always had a dance has right frm day one (anoti and action dilm) he did nt go commercial cos millionaira chanpange does nt sound commecial to me. He killed everybody on every track, dont tell me what you dont knw, see ive been studing mi haters and i found out they dont listen to his songs, they just hate him. Lemme be honor to give you a puncline to think about from that abulm "who is the best rapper, omo it all depends, im nt the one to ask, ask number 2 to 10" so yet again you sound like an hater, please just admit u hate mi, thats all!
hahahaha..how many Nigerians buy music frm itunes?how many buy albums on itunes?everybody downloads songs free frm net&dnt gve me that itunes poo.imagine sm1 claminig rap king went into Reggae..i even thot emmyace featured m.i on that song cos he was the owner on the song..m.i is dead&buried and jux like ice,went commercial to save his music carrer
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by MzAmanda(f): 12:32pm On Dec 29, 2014
Techwriter:
[size=18pt]In another News, Wande Cole supports Buhari. Now I understand: failures support failures[/size]
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1978790_a____jpeg65d54eeace99838c1ab67d5d05981863

So those supporting Gej are for success or wah are yum insinuating? Demystify pls
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Agozie48: 12:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Mr op how did you know that these various artiste failed.... what parameter did you use to measure their success or failure??

before posting rubbish here again check your self....you self might be the one who has failed
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by ellahzy(f): 12:41pm On Dec 29, 2014
abeg, who is Modenine
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by MzAmanda(f): 12:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
My favorite rappers on pure rap still remains Phenom,Yung6ix,Jesse_Jagz who are Yours??
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:

hahahaha..how many Nigerians buy music frm itunes?how many buy albums on itunes?everybody downloads songs free frm net&dnt gve me that itunes poo.imagine sm1 claminig rap king went into Reggae..i even thot emmyace featured m.i on that song cos he was the owner on the song..m.i is dead&buried and jux like ice,went commercial to save his music carrer
omg, how can an abulm top itunes without being bought? And how can some that took only chorus of a 3verse song be the owner? Come ur stu.pid gan! Im amazed!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 12:51pm On Dec 29, 2014
MzAmanda:
My favorite rappers on pure rap still remains Phenom,Yung6ix,Jesse_Jagz who are Yours??
Mi and boogey
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 12:55pm On Dec 29, 2014
ellahzy:
abeg, who is Modenine
an old man that still raps
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 1:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
runzlord:
omg, how can an abulm top itunes without being bought? And how can some that took only chorus of a 3verse song be the owner? Come ur stu.pid gan! Im amazed!
cant you read? I said i thot emmyace featured him. Even with that,anybody that hasnt heard that song before or hears it for the first time on radio would think is emmyace's song.
did you purhase m.i's album from itunes?hw many of your friends who have the album actually bought it online?i dnt say people dnt buy albums on itunes but is relatively small to people who have that same albulm on their ipods&phones
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 1:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:

cant you read? I said i thot emmyace featured him. Even with that,anybody that hasnt heard that song before or hears it for the first time on radio would think is emmyace's song.
did you purhase m.i's album from itunes?hw many of your friends who have the album actually bought it online?i dnt say people dnt buy albums on itunes but is relatively small to people who have that same albulm on their ipods&phones
thats why i said ur stu.pid cos 1, say u dont knw mi's voice, because obviosly ur an hater. 2. That abulm toped the chart in the whole world and charts are measured per downloads so how small is it that it got to n01, many people buy songs on itunes nw adays dude!
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Ignyte(m): 2:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:

see your life..is it to go&read or to listen?i listened to that album&he had only 1 trak of his own..
is just like saying Jay-Z or 2pac,king of hip hop had only a track of his own in his album&he is claiming Rap king..m.i struggled thruout his album.he was trying to save his musical carrer.i would take dj khaled album to this sh*t m.i did any time any day..

for ur mind u think say i no know wetn i talk... you can't understand the concepts in the album because you are not observant. when you are told to do research you are meant to read and find out more, are you in primary one or what

and ur rap king excuse... it is not the number of tracks you make that makes you a king.. if not 2chainz don dey rap plenty.

have you actually analysed an M.I song line by line... Pure rythm, pure Poetry, Pure Rap. niqqur, keep a dictionary to analyse certain lines. you might get lost... people that listen to hiphop can say shit cos they only listening... allow people that live hiphop and breathe hiphop and WRITE hiphop to judge Jude..

Long Live Rythm And Poetry
Long Live Jude Abaga
Long Live Bahbz
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Boyooosa(m): 2:29pm On Dec 29, 2014
holatin:
wande what ?Remove wands coal he dropped some club bang.

wait ! why will you categorise Toto decay as artiste
Bat Boi nie! grin abi iwo ni Ebola ni?
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 2:36pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ignyte:

for ur mind u think say i no know wetn i talk... you can't understand the concepts in the album because you are not observant. when you are told to do research you are meant to read and find out more, are you in primary one or what

and ur rap king excuse... it is not the number of tracks you make that makes you a king.. if not 2chainz don dey rap plenty.

have you actually analysed an M.I song line by line... Pure rythm, pure Poetry, Pure Rap. niqqur, keep a dictionary to analyse certain lines. you might get lost... people that listen to hiphop can say shit cos they only listening... allow people that live hiphop and breathe hiphop and WRITE hiphop to judge Jude..

Long Live Rythm And Poetry
Long Live Jude Abaga
Long Live Bahbz

wenever i talk abt Hip-hop,1 album i recomend to people is lil wayne's 'Tha Carter IV'..listen to that album&come back lets talk abt hip hop/rap
lets forget abt sentiments&call a spade a spade,the reason i said phyno's album was to me album of the year cos he brot out a complete afro Hip hop album.Olamide's album to me was thrash cos he didnt come to hip hop album..m.i was so poor not just cos of the collabo he did,but cos some were really unecessary&some songs needed not to be there..Wizkid 'Mine' was the best collabo in that album..reminds me of the song with jesse jagz 'Bad Girl'..Monkey with Chi-gurl made sense..songs like Enemies,Brother,million dollar champagne,that song with oritse&so many more needed not to be there..bad belle was a killer song that needed no feature..
M.I released this album to save his face in the Industry cos he knew that with olamide,reminsce,phyno were fast rising above him..this are indigneous rappers&everybody is loving them
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by holatin(m): 2:38pm On Dec 29, 2014
Boyooosa:

Bat Boi nie! grin abi iwo ni Ebola ni?
hahahahaha
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Adiwana: 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2014
runzlord:
thats why i said ur stu.pid cos 1, say u dont knw mi's voice, because obviosly ur an hater. 2. That abulm toped the chart in the whole world and charts are measured per downloads so how small is it that it got to n01, many people buy songs on itunes nw adays dude!

not in the whole world buh in naija..Ajebutter22 that topped charts in Uk&other coutries in europe nko?guy,lets forget abt itunes this,itunes that..in fact anybody that follows 9ja music up to date would like to listen to his album cos is bin a long time he put out a project&so will purchase or download his album...
The bottom line is that his album was below average
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by ellahzy(f): 3:00pm On Dec 29, 2014
runzlord:
an old man that still raps

lol cheesy
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by AmaechiLinus(m): 3:15pm On Dec 29, 2014
Make them continue to try, one day them go make am.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 5:08pm On Dec 29, 2014
ellahzy:

lol cheesy
like ur moniker, and ur pretty. And yim btw means yahoo messenger. Ur welcome.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by Nobody: 5:09pm On Dec 29, 2014
Adiwana:

not in the whole world buh in naija..Ajebutter22 that topped charts in Uk&other coutries in europe nko?guy,lets forget abt itunes this,itunes that..in fact anybody that follows 9ja music up to date would like to listen to his album cos is bin a long time he put out a project&so will purchase or download his album...
The bottom line is that his album was below average
Im done schooling. Look for another lecturer.
Re: Top 10 Nigerian Artists Who Failed In 2014 by wizman11(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2014
Abdgafarplenty:
vector lost his magnitude nd direction , I hope he finds it soon
he is now a scalar quantity cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Davido Looks Dope In Agbada / Gravesite Of Several South African Celebrities (Video) / How We Resolved The Fight Between Wizkid And Linda Ikeji – Lagos Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.