Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,557 members, 7,837,143 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

Who Owns Saharareporters? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Owns Saharareporters? (3963 Views)

Jonathan Not Christian, Serves Voodoo Looted N32b From Bayelsa - SaharaReporters / IBB Endorses Muhammadu Buhari For President - SaharaReporters / St Paul's College President Denies Speaking To SaharaReporters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Owns Saharareporters? by Muza(m): 11:20pm On Dec 11, 2008
I've been thinking over this.

but sha i like them cos they are whistle blowers grin,
they give it to you raw without editing.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by PapaBrowne(m): 1:02am On Dec 12, 2008
That's the question I've been wanting to ask!!
Those guys are good though!!
You can always trust them for straight up, hot & fresh gist!
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Muza(m): 1:05am On Dec 12, 2008
they have guyz and eyez everywhere grin
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by lammie01: 11:09am On Dec 12, 2008
Omoyele Sowore. I think if i am not mistaken him for another person use to be a student union leader at Unilag. He his a brave guy and doing a fantastic job with the publication.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by landis(m): 11:16am On Dec 12, 2008
Sahara has shown to be more reliable and up-to-date with Nigerian Political News.

It appears well connected.

They report news while other newpaper, agencies are sleeping.

Good work to Omoyele.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by MrCrackles(m): 11:19am On Dec 12, 2008
Omoyele Sowoore
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Muza(m): 11:24am On Dec 12, 2008
the guy is doing a wonderful job.
If not for sahara reporters there are so many things we might never know of.

theres not a day that i dont check the site.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by ow11(m): 2:42pm On Dec 12, 2008
I am pretty certain the SSS can't wait to get their hands on him. I won't be surprised either if he is on the hit list of Nigeria's most controversial AG Mr. Aondoakaa!! grin

Mr Sowore, very good job but watch your back!!!
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Muza(m): 2:59pm On Dec 12, 2008
You can be sure that the guy is not in naija,if not i cant imagine what the sss will do to him,
cos he has exposed alot,more than any Nigerian media has ever done.

Mr saharareporters,thumbs up.
And we will continue to follow you as u update us on the corrupt activities of our leaders ruler. grin
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by texazzpete(m): 4:51pm On Dec 12, 2008
A plane crashed on the way to Calabar, killing the pilot and the air hostesses. Saharareporters sensationally claimed to have exclusive proof that the plane was spirited away by a corrupt ex-governor, and the crew are currently living it large somewhere. This report plunged the grieving families into untold confusion and trauma.
That is, until their charred and burnt bodies were found months later, proving Saharareporters as a pack of lying swine.

That, IMHO, is unforgivable. Perhaps you people can see past this and focus on their sensationalist stories. but i will not.
Rebels or not, we must demand for Responsible journalism.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Muza(m): 4:55pm On Dec 12, 2008
texazzpete:

A plane crashed on the way to Calabar, killing the pilot and the air hostesses. Saharareporters sensationally claimed to have exclusive proof that the plane was spirited away by a corrupt ex-governor, and the crew are currently living it large somewhere. This report plunged the grieving families into untold confusion and trauma.
That is, until their charred and burnt bodies were found months later, proving Saharareporters as a pack of lying swine.

That, IMHO, is unforgivable. Perhaps you people can see past this and focus on their sensationalist stories. but i will not.

are you an sss operative? grin
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Moves: 4:56pm On Dec 12, 2008
@ texazzpete

It is human to Err; CNN, CBS etc get it wrong sometimes; we shouldnt throw away the baby with the bath water
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by ow11(m): 5:23pm On Dec 12, 2008
texazzpete:

Why do you have to throw insults all over the place in your posts?  Are you this paranoid or you just like trying to show off your skills in using profanities on this forum?

Newspapers and other print media can make errors due to many reasons that you should be aware of. That is why words like 'Erratum' and 'Corrigendum' exists! Even the hallowed CNN give fictitious news without any corrigendum. You were aware of the Koinange/MEND saga. Fox news made serious allegations by claiming Obama attended a madrassa and are still considered responsible enough to hold their broadcast license. You label saharareporters.com 'lying swine' just because they reported a story falsely that probably affected you personally.

I believe your gripe with them should be their inability to produce an erratum rather than throw insults like a market woman that has had her goods priced too low.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Jakoko(m): 5:47am On Aug 02, 2009

This story ascribed to Saharareporters is total hogwash that medium never reported that the plane was spirited out of Nigeria.You Texazzpete you provide the url or google cache of such story if you have it. It is you that just lied through your teeth. I had cause to challenge another character here who made a similar sinister claim that Saharareporters reported that Yar'adua had died in 2007. Truth was that Saharareporters did not report anything like that. I await your evidence or an apology.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by mbulela: 8:25am On Aug 02, 2009
the stage is set.
all we are saying 'Give us the proof'.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by nex(m): 9:08am On Aug 02, 2009
@Jakoko

where did Texazzpete mention "Out Of Nigeria"?

The way you're reshaping what someone just posted in here is making me suspect you to be a Sahara Reporter.

Saharareporters are too eager for bad news. It's as if they kneel down and pray for Nigeria to be engulfed in one disaster or another scandal. When this doesn't happen, they search too hard and sometimes they end up so desperate that they print cooked up stories they buy from Personal Assistants, Drivers and Househelps that work for politicians.

I like their vigilance, but when starts making them churn out sensational falsehood, It's time to stop and review themselves.

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 02, 2009
nex = texa
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by texazzpete(m): 5:34pm On Aug 02, 2009
mikeansy:

nex = texa

I can assure you, i have no need for another User ID on NL.

Jakoko:

This story ascribed to Saharareporters is total hogwash that medium never reported that the plane was spirited out of Nigeria.You Texazzpete you provide the url or google cache of such story if you have it. It is you that just lied through your teeth. I had cause to challenge another character here who made a similar sinister claim that Saharareporters reported that Yar'adua had died in 2007. Truth was that Saharareporters did not report anything like that. I await your evidence or an apology.

I think i made that claim last year based on what someone told me, someone who i usually consider to be a reliable source. I have been unable to find a link verifying that claim, so i think in this case you guys are in the clear. My apologies.
On the other hand, Now you know how it feels like, since 50% of the stories on your site rely less on hard, physical evidence and more on 'reliably informed bla bla bla'
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by posakosa(m): 6:09pm On Aug 02, 2009
Many of the stories on SaharaReporters are not all true.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by PollMaster: 9:36pm On Aug 02, 2009
Sahara Reporters have already prepared headlines for the rest of the year whether they happen or not.
Oh you dont know?
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Ibime(m): 10:03pm On Aug 02, 2009
Sahara are one of the only News Agencies which give us news without prejudice or prior agenda. Up Sahara!
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by PollMaster: 10:05pm On Aug 02, 2009
@Ibime
Hi I think you need to check this out
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-304256.32.html#msg4288242
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by nex(m): 9:27am On Aug 03, 2009
@mikeansy

your investigative reporting is beginning to seem just like that of Saharareporters.

1 Like

Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Afam(m): 9:43am On Aug 03, 2009
texazzpete:

Minus the lying swine part I agree completely with the poster. There is no justification for lies especially when we should be pushing for responsible journalism.

That was not an error, it was a lie, a very dangerous one at that and trying to excuse or justify such a lie is plain madness.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by nex(m): 10:54am On Aug 03, 2009
@Afam

I don't know why Nigerians encourage bad things in this country yet they want the country to be good. Propaganda, police brutality, Tribalism, summary executions, religious fanatism and every other form of madness.
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by Afam(m): 12:57pm On Aug 03, 2009
nex:

@Afam

I don't know why Nigerians encourage bad things in this country yet they want the country to be good. Propaganda, police brutality, Tribalism, summary executions, religious fanatism and every other form of madness.

And to make matters worse a lot of us claim to be very religious and yet hatred, lies and all the negativities out there continue to increase.

There is no honesty and there is no love even between people from the same womb let alone tribe or region.

As for propaganda and misinformation what some of us do not realize is that propaganda may lead to more loss of lives than actual events like one off riots and robbery attacks because the mind is usually corrupted and hatred begets hatred.

I play ball in an environment where over 80% of the players are Muslims and yet sometimes I am asked to lead the prayer and surprisingly most of them join in sharing the Grace and even saying the Lord's prayer. However, when any Muslim is leading the prayer I don't understand because it is based on Arabic language not Yoruba that I can understand.

My point is that for people to coexist peacefully there must be mutual respect and sincerity in discussions whether for or against an issue. I engage in healthy debates with Muslims on religious issues and with people of other tribes on tribal issues and yet tempers don't get out of control and majority of the time you see people agree on issues without any form of sentiments and bias.

Let those who spread hate continue because one day the hate will consume them - guaranteed!
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by newspapers: 8:41am On Sep 13, 2014
Muza: I've been thinking over this.

but sha i like them cos they are whistle blowers grin,
they give it to you raw without editing.

Sahara Reporters is owned by Omoyele Sowore and like you said, they dish it out raw but are always under attack. The last time i checked, they were currently down due to hacks - http://www.divanaija.com.ng/www-saharareporters-com-hacked-sahara-reporters-offline/
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by stepo707: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2015
Now I know.The owner get mind oh.But who are his godfathers and I doubt the dude is base in nigeria?
Re: Who Owns Saharareporters? by emmddy: 8:18pm On Mar 04, 2015
APC...... PDP thinking

(1) (Reply)

Who Says Poverty Is Only In The North (pics Of Abject Poverty In The South) / Govt Officials Opened 73,000 Fake Pension Accounts / Odd Fact I've Come Accross: An Igbo Guy Was The 5th President Of Liberia.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.