Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,826 members, 7,820,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi (2108 Views)

If APC Did Not Win, I Knew I Was Going To Be In Trouble- Gov Amaechi / Gov Amaechi Like Taking Risk...(photos) / 'I Knew When Gov. Amaechi Was Wearing A Cloth Everyday For 3 Days' - FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by siraj1402(m): 5:47am On Dec 29, 2014
GOVERNOR Rotimi Amaechi of Rivers State was recently appointed Director-General of the Buhari Campaign Organisation. At an interactive session, Amaechi among other things, reels out plans of the campaign organisation and also clears the air on knotty issues. Excerpts:
Why Jonathan is in trouble — Gov Amaechi
Says he didn’t fund Buhari’s campaign
By Dapo Akinrefon
IS it true you funded the Buhari campaign for the primaries?
I did not. Buhari did not spend money for the primaries. Anybody who said they spent money should come forward with evidence. We have maintained consistently that Nigerians would fund us and that is why we have launched our campaign we are hoping that people will contribute. It is there on our website; you will just look at the account and go and pay.
And we are making sure that we convince General Buhari to be the sole signatory to that account. That is the way we would raise our money. We would not depend on rich men. You can’t fight the president on funds. See how much he raised from people who some of them collected the N2.3trillion on oil subsidy and are yet to pay back. If he is not prosecuting them for oil subsidy, why shouldn’t they pay for his election?
Symbol of change
The president is trying to raise over N200 million for power and then those people he is helping to raise the money are giving him N500million. We can’t fight the president with money, we will fight him with the people. We will fight the president by telling Nigerians that they have to vote for change and the symbol of change for us is the APC and General Buhari. I will like to reiterate again that General Buhari did not pay anybody to vote for him at the primaries and he won because Nigerians want change.
How do you intend to combine your duty as director-general of the APC presidential campaign with your duties as governor?
We will try. That is why there is a deputy governor. I have a deputy who is efficient and I will also from time to time go back to the state. But we need to deliver and we are all making sacrifices ?to deliver this change. I don’t know how people feel. The president and the federal government have not denied the fact that N2.3trillion was taken for oil subsidy and that was six months in 2011.
Oil subsidy before that time was N300billion, so how did it rise to N2.3trillion and the people are not afraid? The federal government and all its agents were not afraid that N2.3trillion was taken. So, basically, I don’t mind what I can do legally to make sure that there is a better Nigeria.
What about the controversy that you have not paid eight months salaries?
Anybody who said I have not paid him salaries should come forward. We have paid up till December; you can call Rivers State to confirm. I got a Blackberry message on Tuesday, saying; “Thank God, we are going home with our salary before Christmas.”
Payment of salaries
What we agreed in the cabinet was that we should make sure that everybody goes home with his salary before Christmas because as a Christian, I know that December 23 and 24 are the two days that Christians like to shop. I do not owe salaries in Rivers State. I am proud to say that I will pay salaries until I leave office and I will continue to pursue development projects in the state.
I was even surprised that the president’s spokesman even put it in one of his statements when he was responding to the accusation that the people who contributed to the N21billion are those plundering our economy and he said after all, Governor Amaechi funded the election of Buhari while he owes teachers eight months salary. And I asked the question, for you to be a presidential spokesman, facts and statistics must be on your palm; you shouldn’t joke with that. But the man was just reacting to gossip.
What are Buhari’s programmes for Nigeria if he wins the 2015 election?
The message is simple. Buhari chased away Maitasene while he was Head of State. Many Nigerians will remember that Maitasine was like Boko Haram and they were killing people in Borno and Kano and Buhari chased them away because he is a strong leader.
Strong leader
We need a strong leader now to chase away Boko Haram or it will chase us away. Buhari will deal with insurgency because he has done that before. Many Nigerians would remember that when Borno was attacked by Chadian rebels, Buhari as an officer of the Nigerian Army almost chased them into Ndjamena. He had crossed the Lake Chad when President Shehu Shagari called him back. If he didn’t do that, Borno would have been overrun by Chadian rebels and till today Chad has never crossed into Nigeria to fight us. It takes a strong leader to do that.
We will deal with insurgency. The country may be broke now because of two factors. The first which is very critical is the diversion of funds at the NNPC. That is the greatest factor for me. The level of diversion in the NNPC has affected everybody including me.
We will deal with power because if you don’t address it, you cannot tackle unemployment. The essential factor for industrialisation from elementary economics is power.
So, when you hear that people in the power sector contributed N500 million for the president’s re-election, where did they get it? First, you must pay your bill every month whether you like it or not; whether you have power or not. People are now being forced to pay N75 every month whether they use power or not. So, they are being punished for not having power.
How do you respond to the claim by the PDP that Buhari is a semi-illiterate jackboot?
Our campaign will be issue-based. The president has a PhD in Zoology, how many farms do we have and how many people has he employed? If you say the president has a PhD and Buhari does not have one, let him show us his thesis. You are bringing yourself to the level of those who are making those allegations. Don’t bring yourself to that level, remain focused on the issues and let the president meet you there.
Many have defected from the PDP to the APC and as soon as they move they become progressives. What exactly does the APC stand for and what is the ideology of the party?
How many people would say that when I was in the PDP, I wasn’t a progressive? Those who left the PDP are the progressive wing of the party.
Please tell me what else I need to do to become a progressive. The ideology of progressivism is about the people and I bother about them a lot. That is why there is free education in my state which is not part of the PDP manifestoes. While in the PDP, I introduced free education and health care. What else would I need to become a progressive?
Those who studied at the University of Port-Harcourt will say that I have been a Marxist from my university days till today. APC stands for a progressive ideology and you can see that in our manifestoes.
What is the assurance that Buhari will win the presidential election?
The simple electoral arithmetic is that before the president had the South-south and Southeast 100 percent, but now there are problems for the PDP in Cross Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Rivers, Bayelsa and Delta States. It wasn’t like that before.
By this time the PDP would have been dancing but have you seen them doing so? When they were doing the Transformation Ambassador of Nigeria (TAN) rallies, I knew that it will get to this point.
You have not seen the PDP dancing or doing any major campaign because there are problems everywhere. There is problem within the party in Enugu, Ebonyi and Abia States. So, it is no longer the same. The electoral map appears to have changed.
If we go to the north, does the APC have problems in Kano, Kaduna, Jigawa and Sokoto? Did we have problem in Lagos State? No, it is the PDP that has problems in those states. So the political map has changed and that is why I believe that by God’s grace, Buhari and the APC will win. I am a Christian and I think positively.
I am not from the north; I am not from the south. I am a Nigerian. I don’t believe in indigeneship, but in citizenship. Buhari will win the 2015 presidential election by God’s grace and he will also win because the political map does not favour the president anymore. In 2011, in the South-South and Southeast, we said he is our brother and now we are saying he is no longer our brother.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/12/jonathan-trouble-gov-amaechi/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

4 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Mogidi: 6:02am On Dec 29, 2014
Amaechi still dey alive?

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Unionised(m): 6:07am On Dec 29, 2014
Ok ooo
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Trut(m): 6:13am On Dec 29, 2014
The APC and its supporters always ask for evidence when they're accuse of corruption, but they will never seize to accuse GEJ and PDP of corrupt without evidence.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by smohammed1(m): 6:36am On Dec 29, 2014
The peoples gov has spoken, GMB all the way.

7 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by kekakuz(m): 6:49am On Dec 29, 2014
Buhari claimed he chased maitasine
But they returned in 1985 and caused problems till the late 1990s in kaduna kano and maid.
Before comparing them to boko,buhari should remember that those guyz were true to their course and fought with arrow and knife
Now they have upgraded to weapons like rocket launchers antitank and anti personel,machine gunz and anti crafts
No go dey make promise wey you nor fit keep o

9 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by egift(m): 6:56am On Dec 29, 2014
Trut:
The APC and its supporters always ask for evidence when they're accuse of corruption, but they will never seize to accuse GEJ and PDP of corrupt without evidence.

N300 billion was budgeted for Subsidy payments and Jonathan ended up spending N2.3 trillion on it without being able to justify the increase and you see nothing wrong with it?

And many other instances of stealing.

8 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by jerryboiii(m): 7:12am On Dec 29, 2014
Political shiiiis
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Ngwakwe: 7:14am On Dec 29, 2014
Trut:

They setup frivolous scandal and call it evidence.

They in turn hold unto it even after satisfactory refutation.

You can imagine the person of Gov. Fashola and Gov. Oshemohle accusing President Jonathan directly (not even necessarily the FG) of stealing $20 billion and $30 billion respectively from crude sales.

These people shouting corruption are the most corrupt breed we have in Nigeria. It is either they are involved themselves or their parents/breadwinners doing the bidding for them.

Most Nigerians are corrupt, no doubt about that especially our politicians and public servants who are worst in corruption index. To obtain conviction, you need to prove any allegation beyond every reasonable doubt not just an assumptions residing in ones imagination.

Come to our universities and see what names they call lecturers who refuse to compromise and more to it the threat from their well connected parents or guardians.

Gosh, it takes supernatural grace to stand tall and uncompromised but thank goodness the faithful still overcome.

3 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by odunH(m): 7:16am On Dec 29, 2014
V0TE GMB/OSINBANJO APC-CHANGE

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Monimatic(m): 7:19am On Dec 29, 2014
Mogidi:
Amaechi still dey alive?

grin grin grin grin
Amaechi! own your own oh! Own your own oh! OYO grin grin grin
Amaechi for OYO state Governor grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by anonimi: 7:32am On Dec 29, 2014
egift:

N300 billion was budgeted for Subsidy payments and Jonathan ended up spending N2.3 trillion on it without being able to justify the increase and you see nothing wrong with it?

Kindly share with us the NASS report on the fuel subsidy fraud.
Abi nor be the work of our SINators and representaTHIEVES to do oversight ni

Meanwhile you may wish to take note of the ongoing trials and recovery of the identified fraudulent payments =>

The attention of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has been drawn to the editorial comment entitled, EFCC’s Laughable Subsidy Theft Recovery, which appeared in The Punch Newspaper of Friday, November 28, 2014. The EFCC is dismayed by this editorial which is a horrible attempt to ridicule the Commission and denigrate its modest achievements in the investigation of the fraud in the oil subsidy scheme.

The announcement of EFCC’s recovery of over N5billion oil subsidy scam money, contrary to The Punch’s opinion was not intended for applause. Law enforcement is not show business, where actors openly play to the gallery to elicit raucous applause from spectators. It is serious undertaking which only those who understand the time, energy and resources that law enforcement officials invest in cracking a single case would appreciate. All the Commission set out to achieve by the announcement, which obviously didn’t impress the newspaper, was to inform the public about its activities.

It is a matter of regret that The Punch was so rankled by the announcement that it was prepared to stand logic on its head in the attempt to defame the Commission. The paper’s dismissal of the N5billion recovery tended to portray the sum as mere pittance. It speaks volumes about the times we are in, when even newspapers appear to have reviewed their expectations of the amount criminals must steal, or what is recovered from them, that should be worthy of mention on their pages. If N5billion makes no impression on The Punch, it is obvious that a case involving N500million or one in which N50million is recovered will be a non-issue.

The message which this attitude sends to the criminally minded is obvious: It is only when you steal in trillions that your case will interest a section of the media (led as we are being made to see now, regrettably, by The Punch).

While newspapers have a right to editorialize on any subject they consider important to the nation and their readers, this duty is expected to be carried out with a greater sense of responsibility than is on display by The Punch; which is why reputable newspapers all over the world staff their editorial boards with some of the most cerebral minds within and outside the journalism profession. The expectation is that whatever opinion is coming out of the board, which is passed off as the particular newspaper’s stand on an issue, will be the product of robust debate, a well researched piece crafted in elegant prose, not the hallucinations of lazy writers garnished with hearsay.

Unfortunately, The Punch editorial of November 28, 2014 miserably fails the test of an editorial in name and content, which raises crucial questions to why such a respected medium would elect to devalue its most prized page.

It is baffling that the editorial board of a newspaper in the mould of The Punch could not make a simple distinction between recovery made during investigation and proceeds of crimes recovered at the conclusion of prosecution of cases in courts. What the EFCC announced was funds so far recovered in cases in which investigations are ongoing, with the added information that the matters were all in courts, at varying stages of prosecution, with the prospects for more recoveries at the conclusion of trial, when the convicts will be made to mandatorily disgorge all illicit proceeds of crimes in monies and other assets to the victims of the crime, in this case, the Nigerian people.

If this is pardonable for the board, whose members apparently have no clues about criminal investigation and the easy-to-comprehend-for-the-average-person processes of assets recovery, the paper cannot save itself the blushes from the faux pass in passing off the Farouk Lawan/ Femi Otedola bribery case as an EFCC matter. Any average newspaper reader knows that the EFCC was never a part of the investigation of the Farouk Lawan/ Femi Otedola case not to talk of prosecuting the matter. Yet, The Punch had no scruples blaming the agency for the lack of diligent prosecution of the Farouk Lawan case!
This is The Punch’s very well considered editorial opinion:
“Even when the chairman of the ad hoc committee, Farouk Lawan, was reportedly caught in his own web, while allegedly collecting a $620,000 bribe to strike out the name of the indicted companies, the suspect still trots the Nigerian landscape, a free man. How can the EFCC explain that?”

EFCC has nothing to explain. Rather it is The Punch that has to explain its embarrassing gaffe.

A simple library research would have revealed to the newspaper that Farouk Lawan is not and has never been an EFCC matter. But, we can understand. Otherwise, how would the charge of indolence which the paper desperately wants to hang around the Commission’s neck stand, if unwary Nigerians are not fooled by garnished lies and plain inanities!

Even in the subsidy cases being handled by the Commission for which The Punch is incensed “That (EFCC) has the temerity to triumphantly tell Nigerians that a mere N5billion had been recovered,” there is no evidence to suggest that the Commission has not been diligent in prosecuting the cases, which are at various stages of trial in courts across the country. Of the over 40 subsidy cases initiated by the Commission, not a single matter has been thrown out by court, either for lack of evidence or commitment to prosecute. So, on what basis does The Punch want the EFCC crucified?

Perhaps the newspaper expected the agency to simply round up suspected subsidy thieves and clamp them in jail without going through the due process of the law to, as the paper claims, live up to its past ‘glory’ as an agency that “struck fear in the heart of politicians”. Unfortunately the law does not allow recourse to self help. Were it the case that EFCC engaged in self help to satisfy the blood thirst of The Punch, the same newspaper will accuse the Commission of employing Gestapo tactics and other high crimes (as indeed, many newspapers did in the past).

As Law Enforcement Agency, the duty of the EFCC is to investigate, gather evidence that can sustain a criminal charge and prosecute whoever is accused of a crime. This is exactly what the Commission has been doing in the subsidy case; it is not the duty of the EFCC to convict offenders! That is the exclusive province of the law courts, in case The Punch does not know!

Besides, those who have followed the subsidy trials and other high profile cases of the EFCC are familiar with the antics of accused persons and the many frivolous applications that slow the pace of trial. Tragically, The Punch, which pays such huge salaries to correspondents to cover the trials, betrays gross ignorance of the progress in respect of the same cases that it sermonizes about. In one breath, the newspaper pretends to be concerned that cases have not progressed in courts, and in another reveals its lack of interest in the cases. If it is not interested in a N1.2billion or N1.8billion subsidy case, what moral right does The Punch have to ask for explanations on their prosecution progress? The media cannot continue to select what cases to report and expect magic from anti- graft agencies, when they themselves have failed in their constitutional role to inform the people as the Fourth estate of the realm.

If The Punch is not interested in a N1.8billion case, it will be a tall order to expect it to show interest in the hundreds of cases that the Commission has charged to court in the last three years, prosecuted successfully and achieved convictions. It probably needs reminding that the EFCC recorded 117 convictions in 2013 alone; It needs to be reminded that the EFCC successfully prosecuted and secured the conviction of the son of a serving state governor on money laundering charges; It needs to be reminded that the Commission has secured a conviction in the pension scam for which about 20 other persons are still being prosecuted, while assets running into several billions of naira have been seized.

All these hardly fit the profile of an agency that is “in a gradual descent into irrelevance” (haba, Punch!).
Today, it serves The Punch’s interest to talk glibly about internet fraud as petty crimes. We pray it never becomes a victim. The blind school teacher in Enugu whom the Commission helped to recover the sum of N550, 000 that fraudsters stole from her will not consider the feat negligible. For her, it is an opportunity to live again.

It should be apparent to discerning minds that The Punch editorial was not done in the public interest. EFCC is not adverse to criticisms, if they are constructive and are not over-spiced rumours from yesterday’s pepper soup joint leftovers.

From: https://efccnigeria.org/efcc/index.php/news/1109-re-efcc-s-laughable-subsidy-theft-recovery

The results of SYSTEMATIC dismantling of the corruption DNA in our societal fabric may be slow in coming but they are STEADY and more importantly they will be ENDURING unlike the "touch & go" flashy showbiz media-frenzy that went on during the second chance regime of General Olusegun Obasanjo.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Haywhymido(m): 7:55am On Dec 29, 2014
Vote jonathan not to retain d presidential seat but to go back to his home town otueke.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by lilbazy(m): 7:59am On Dec 29, 2014
World government,Every must hear the good News...Jesus till eternity.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by p3ndy79: 9:04am On Dec 29, 2014
Who in his sane reasoning will pray for the return of this kleptomanic and ogogoro loving president to power next year.

The election next year is about NIGERIA and its survival, the two most corrupt leaders in Nigerian history are FATHER and SON at least GEJ called IBB his father on national TV.

Read everything Amaechi said and open your senses to comprehension forget ethnic and religious slavery and you will acknowledge he is saying the truth.

Nigeria must change and it pains me and most nigerians in diaspora that our country is being led to its destruction by this divisive and clueless government.

2 Likes

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by omolami: 9:05am On Dec 29, 2014
All that amaechi said here are just thesis that cary no weight. These are his wishes which obviously difers from d truth on ground. Amaechi can as well be preparing for his defence in court of law bec immunity will soon go and jail is calling. Vote PDP and not APC for true progress in nigeria
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Jesusloveyou: 9:15am On Dec 29, 2014
Trut:
which other evidence did u want again,2.3tr fuel subsidy,or $30b excess crude acc,or missing $20b kero subsidy,or 48b US grant nigeria army thru ihejirika,or 21b criminals donate to gej,or 32b pension fund by maina.and so many,by d grace of God,buhari till 2019.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Jesusloveyou: 9:21am On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

They setup frivolous scandal and call it evidence.

They in turn hold unto it even after satisfactory refutation.

You can imagine the person of Gov. Fashola and Gov. Oshemohle accusing President Jonathan directly (not even necessarily the FG) of stealing $20 billion and $30 billion respectively from crude sales.

These people shouting corruption are the most corrupt breed we have in Nigeria. It is either they are involved or their parents/breadwinner doing the bidding for them.

Most Nigerians are corrupt, no doubt about that especially our politicians and public servants who are worst in corruption index. To obtain conviction, you need to prove any allegation beyond every reasonable doubt not just an assumptions residing in ones imagination.

Come to our universities and see what names they call lecturers who refuse to compromise and more to it the threat from their well connected parents or guardians.

Gosh, it takes supernatural grace to stand tall and uncompromised but thank goodness the faithful still overcome.
if d head is corrupt,d body will be corrupt also,that is why u need change 2015.

1 Like

Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by vanunu: 9:26am On Dec 29, 2014
egift:

And many other instances of stealing.

This your amaechi is nothing but a fool, is he not aware that the increase in subsidy paid to fuel importers ended almost twenty years of fuel scarcity
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Ngwakwe: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
if d head is corrupt,d body will be corrupt also,that is why u need change 2015.

Not as you put it. from my humble experience, sincere politicians are corrupted or sabotaged by public servants who teach them the acts and craft of embezzlement and how to cover them.

Do you know that public/civil servants loved Babangida administration so much that they nicknamed it "Chop-I-chop"

For every politician sworn into office, there are corrupt players waiting for him/her in the office to do the damage.

The appetite to engage in corruption in Nigeria is institutional and only determined NASS and Judiciary can fight it.

Do you know that the NASS recommended 2 years maximum jail term for that N21 billion pension thief but the judiciary succeeded in getting back only N10 billion worth of Assets plus N750 million fine to allow him total freedom?

The problem is more than you anticipated.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by mrborntodoit: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

Not as you put it. from my humble experience, sincere politicians are corrupted or sabotaged by public servants who teach them the acts and craft of embezzlement and how to cover them.

Do you know that public/civil servants loved Babangida administration so much that they nicknamed it "Chop-I-chop"

For every politician sworn into office, there are corrupt players waiting for him/her in the office to do the damage.

The appetite to engage in corruption in Nigeria is institutional and only determined NASS and Judiciary can fight it.

Do you know that the NASS recommended 2 years maximum jail term for that N21 billion pension thief but the judiciary succeeded in getting back only N10 billion worth of Assets plus N750 million fine to allow him total freedom?

I agree with you, only a blind self centered imbec!le will put all the blames on Gej.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Jesusloveyou: 10:48am On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

that is why we need strong institutions not strong politicians.it takes a strong moral,principle leader to stand d storm of corrupt institution.or what did u think,that any civil servant like maina can bend buhari hand.vote buhari 2015
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Ngwakwe: 11:49am On Dec 29, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
that is why we need strong institutions not strong politicians.it takes a strong moral,principle leader to stand d storm of corrupt institution.or what did u think,that any civil servant like maina can bend buhari hand.vote buhari 2015

A leader must learn from his failure. Would Buhari change? No! “Since leaving office, he has declared in the most categorical terms that he had no regrets over human right abuses under his regime, meaning he would do so again,”

Let's not forget how his sense of judgement worked, why he was obsessed with perceived opponents, the public servants and officials under him also looted the treasury.

In all fairness, he knows not when to give in. Recall, if you please, the judicial processes undergone by the septuagenarian Chief Adekunle Ajasin.  He was arraigned and tried before Buhari's punitive tribunal but acquitted. Dissatisfied, Buhari ordered his re-trial. Again, the Tribunal could not find this man guilty of a single crime, so once again he was returned for trial, only to be acquitted of all charges of corruption or abuse of office. Was Chief Ajasin thereby released? No! He was ordered detained indefinitely, simply for the crime of winning an election and refusing to knuckle under the reign of terror.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Jesusloveyou: 5:27pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

A leader must learn from his failure. Would Buhari change? No! “Since leaving office, he has declared in the most categorical terms that he had no regrets over human right abuses under his regime, meaning he would do so again,”

Let's not forget how his sense of judgement worked, why he was obsessed with perceived opponents, the public servants and officials under him also looted the treasury.

In all fairness, he knows not when to give in. Recall, if you please, the judicial processes undergone by the septuagenarian Chief Adekunle Ajasin.  He was arraigned and tried before Buhari's punitive tribunal but acquitted. Dissatisfied, Buhari ordered his re-trial. Again, the Tribunal could not find this man guilty of a single crime, so once again he was returned for trial, only to be acquitted of all charges of corruption or abuse of office. Was Chief Ajasin thereby released? No! He was ordered detained indefinitely, simply for the crime of winning an election and refusing to knuckle under the reign of terror. 
d impunity of gej is even more than military regime of abacha.stop no4 citizen,elected governor's flight,even former head of state,were stop.d press abuse like leadership newspaper,first lady abuses is even worst than gej.buhari always operate under d law.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Ngwakwe: 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
d impunity of gej is even more than military regime of abacha.stop no4 citizen,elected governor's flight,even former head of state,were stop.d press abuse like leadership newspaper,first lady abuses is even worst than gej.buhari always operate under d law.

In no sane clime will the Speaker have the guts to commit such democratic coup and still have supporters. Notwithstanding, there is no proof whatsoever that Mr President was involved and to make things clear, Mr President has come out to deny any involvement and we know fully well that the DSS and Civil defence weren't withdrawn from the services of Mr Speaker.

We know the truth about Buhari's past, so stop comparing elected democrats with a despot who made a decree to detain indefinitely any Nigerian or group who discusses the political future of Nigeria so long as he remained on the throne.

Are Nigerians that stupid to allow such a man who harboured the above intention to benefit from the institution he destroyed.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by BossAyuk: 6:39pm On Dec 29, 2014
Trut:
Can you name one of such instances where GEJ and PDP were accused of corruption where there were no evidences?
The missing 20 billion dollars was first discovered by Sanusi Lamido, at that time some people asserted that he was lying just to paint GEJ's government in bad light...What later happened? NOI confirmed and her own version was that it wasn't 20 billion but 10.8 billion dollars instead.

Is it the Farouk Lawani's bribery case?

Please point them out.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Jesusloveyou: 6:43pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

In no sane clime will the Speaker have the gut to commit such democratic coup and still have supporters. Notwithstanding, there is no proof whatsoever that Mr President was involved and to make things clear, Mr President has come out to deny any involvement and we know fully well that the DSS and Civil defence weren't withdrawn from the services of Mr Speaker.

We know the truth about Buhari's past, so stop comparing elected democrats with a despot who made a decree to detain indefinitely any Nigerian or group who discusses the political future of Nigeria so long as he remained on the throne.

Are Nigerians that stupid to allow such a man who harboured the above intention to benefit from the institution he destroyed.
u mean IGP take order from me and you,to harass legislators,in democracy,and aviation authority also take order from me and u,to stop speaker and ameachi flight,stop osho flight,stop former head of state from landing.is like u enjoy d impunity under democracy,now u are complaining of military regime.this is how politician destroy democracy by theirselves,the same way buhari came to install order,buhari military regime of 20month is better than gej democracy of 6yrs.vote buhari 2015.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Ngwakwe: 7:06pm On Dec 29, 2014
Jesusloveyou:
u mean IGP take order from me and you,to harass legislators,in democracy,and aviation authority also take order from me and u,to stop speaker and ameachi flight,stop osho flight,stop former head of state from landing.is like u enjoy d impunity under democracy,now u are complaining of military regime.this is how politician destroy democracy by theirselves,the same way buhari came to install order,buhari military regime of 20month is better than gej democracy of 6yrs.vote buhari 2015.

You have nothing to say neither do you know how democracy works, no wonder you clamour for a machoman who has no experience on how democracy works in any capacity whatsoever even after approx 16 years of uninterrupted democratic experiment.

Police, Army or any other security agency derives their powers from the constitution and statutes establishing them and not from the president. They are at liberty to query law breakers who have no immunity to prosecution

Had our constitution not shielded the president from criminal and civil prosecutions, the police would've been inviting the President for questioning if they perceive an infringement on any law by Mr President.

President Goodluck Jonathan is called the clueless by the opposition because he doesn't abuse his powers.

In summary I leave you with the foremost individual quote from both men on occasions that mattered.

Let's compare the two candidates by their public pronouncements on what the outlook of their regimes represent

Buhari made this comment "I shall tamper with the freedom of the press" on his first inaugural address as the head of State after the coup

Then

Goodluck Jonathan said "I did say during my declaration on November 11, 2014, that we are proud that no Nigerian has been exiled or imprisoned on our watch, for holding contrary views. We must ensure that we continue to water the tree bearing the fruits of freedom, for our beloved people.

If your are not yet convinced then something must be wrong from the root.
Re: Why Jonathan Is In Trouble — Gov Amaechi by Jesusloveyou: 8:16pm On Dec 29, 2014
Ngwakwe:

You have nothing to say neither do you know how democracy works, no wonder you clamour for a machoman man who has no experience on how democracy works in any capacity whatsoever even after approx 16 years of uninterrupted democratic experiment.

Police, Army or any other security agency derives their powers through the constitution and statutes establishing them and not from the president. They are at liberty to query law breakers who has no immunity to prosecution

Had our constitution not shielded the president from criminal and civil prosecutions, the police would've been inviting the President for questioning if they perceive an infringement on any law by the President.

President Goodluck Jonathan is called the clueless by the opposition because he doesn't abuse his powers.

In summary I leave you with the foremost individual quote from both men on occasions that mattered.

Let's compare the two candidates by their public pronouncements on what the outlook of their regimes represent

Buhari made this comment "I shall tamper with the freedom of the press" on his first inaugural address as the head of State after the coup

Then

Goodluck Jonathan said "I did say during my declaration on November 11, 2014, that we are proud that no Nigerian has been exiled or imprisoned on our watch, for holding contrary views. We must ensure that we continue to water the tree bearing the fruits of freedom, for our beloved people.

If your are not yet convinced then something must be wrong from the root.
i have raise so many issue without answer,u that know how democracy works,is it d court that give order for IGP to tear gas lawmakers?court also tell FAAN not to allow former head of state of landing?court also tell maina not to honour senate invitation.and gej did not call them to order,is gej not weak and clueles,by running weak institutions.gej is too corrupt,using these men to carry out impunity,and this is how democracy work in ur villa,u are comparing military regime with democracy,in all analysis gej 6yrs is worst than abacha 5yrs,not to talk of buhari 20months.forget about ur hate,just vote for change 2015.

(1) (Reply)

Calling The PROGRESSIVES To Order / PDP Chieftains Ask Jonathan To Prepare For 2019 / Where Is Temitemi1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.