Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,098 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:13 AM

FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad (14932 Views)

WAEC's Response To NGO Seeking To Sponsor Best Students / FG To Make Degree Minimum Teaching Qualification / FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad-minister Of Education (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by dreezybines: 9:40am On Dec 29, 2014
Its a matter of slot....those dat will go dey already know dem self's

1 Like

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Dopeyomi(m): 9:40am On Dec 29, 2014
Just a normal promise.. FG will never fulfill their promise not under the government of GEJ

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by dejirule: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
Nice concept, I hope it won't be politicized
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Crocz(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
And suffer
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Greatomotoy: 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
ok
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by ogaofficer(m): 9:41am On Dec 29, 2014
nanauju:
I just hope this is not one of those empty promises
Dnt hope, yes it is.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by oc2fish: 9:42am On Dec 29, 2014
Quality Education cannot be free for everybody. The best of the best could be sponsored abroad for studies.

The lecturers that study abroad soon forget what they learnt because of lack of electricity and even the equipments to conduct research and teaching.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by kodded(m): 9:43am On Dec 29, 2014
GEJ sending them to abroad to further their education
But buhari will give them each a cow to start rearing

Gej all the way abeg!
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by olajide8(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2014
see bribery and corruption - is it only 1st class graduates what of second class graduates that have the propensity to also deliver first class materials -
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by gratiaeo(m): 9:45am On Dec 29, 2014
Good 4 them
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by olisaEze(m): 9:46am On Dec 29, 2014
Yea nice one. But we live in a country whr merit is recognized only after 'state of origin/geo-political zone', so pardon me if i dnt take "the best" as it applies here literally.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by tobaflexy(m): 9:47am On Dec 29, 2014
Is nw u think u can be doing all dis abi,,,no plan,no focus na wa ooooo
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Oricha62(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2014
What will happened to them if you were not re-elected by 2015?
What the about the rest graduates ?
YOU WANT TO DECEIVE US AGAIN ABI?
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by alabiyemmy(m): 9:48am On Dec 29, 2014
Akbee:
interesting... however, we r not ignorant of the devices of the enemies of progress.the proposed scholarship scheme is only meant for those with connections.the poor ones wl be left out.Nepotism has left us where we are not suppposed to be.may God help Nigeria..

stay there.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Tunagee(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2014
korel9:
Okay, GEJ is working abi?

GMB must be somewhere hating! grin

if u dont have anything to say, why not Bleep of this thread
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by udyheart01(m): 9:49am On Dec 29, 2014
Tinubu:
Really... undecided

What about the scholarship students languishing in penury in various parts of the world?

They shouldn't start what they obviously cannot finish.. Because the next thing we are going to hear about is how Nigerian first-class students on overseas scholarships are demonstrating over non-payment of their stipends... Then the clueless one will set up a 'high-powered committee' to look into their complaints, which will at worst, be miserly addressed.

All these last-minute propaganda won't stop us from voting Buhari into Aso rock come 2015 angry

SAI BUHARI
Bros Nah only one vote yu carry o...

1 Like

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by alabiyemmy(m): 9:50am On Dec 29, 2014
by the way they talk you already know those who wont get it.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Greatomotoy: 9:52am On Dec 29, 2014
hmmm... this initiative just rubbished our tertiary institution. so the dictorate degrees obtained in our universities is not up to par? the FG should upgrade our university to world standards(one university in each of the 6 GEO POLITICAL ZONE) instead of wasting money abroad. #Justmyopinion

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by enkay11: 9:57am On Dec 29, 2014
Kai! Humans are insatiable.choi! See bad belle people. Keep hating while people are moving forward with what is being done.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by NobleG1(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2014
Nigeria education system is morubond.
A Nigerian First Class cannot be compared to the one in the U.K.
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by bet9ja(m): 9:59am On Dec 29, 2014
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by drey076(m): 10:09am On Dec 29, 2014
What of third class cryWhat of third class
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by buoye1(m): 10:11am On Dec 29, 2014
All FG strategy for 2015......CHANGE
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Nobody: 10:12am On Dec 29, 2014
Akbee:
interesting... however, we r not ignorant of the devices of the enemies of progress.the proposed scholarship scheme is only meant for those with connections.the poor ones wl be left out.Nepotism has left us where we are not suppposed to be.
besides those who are opportuned to be included are likely to be abandoned by the home government..no stipends.i hope they wl go there with a truck load of garri,yam n other food items cos hungar wl soon knock on their doors..
may God help Nigeria..

Oricha62:

femi1410
:
Ok,
Because we are close To Feb ba? You never did this last year, last two years, last three years, and last four years,.
Do this goverment take us as a Group of foolish people?
Abraham Lincoln said, You can fool the people sometime, but You can not fool the people all the time!
Pls, This People dont deserve To rule Us!
This People dont Deserve To Lead Us!
Only Us can bring CHANGE To Ourselves!
And CHANGE Is Here
Vote Buhari For CHANGE !!!

Oricha62:

olisaEze:
Yea nice one. But we live in a country whr merit is recognized only after 'state of origin/geo-political zone', so pardon me if i dnt take "the best" as it applies here literally.

The presidential scholarship scheme for first class graduates has been in effect since 2012. It is usually awarded to about 100 first class grads per year and is based strictly on merit as far as I am aware. These students are only sponsored when they gain admissions into the top 25 Universities in the world and are made to sign a legal bond that will ensure they'll return to the country to serve. I personally know of beneficiaries who have been on this scholarship for about two years now. Some are through with their masters programs and are now doing their PhDs. They have not been abandoned. If in doubt about the scholarship, you can visit the thread https://www.nairaland.com/1017779/pressid-scholarship-aptitude-test-scores.

Jonathan has performed below expectation. However, credit should be given where it is due.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Pajames4all: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2014
Hmmmm our money
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Nobody: 10:17am On Dec 29, 2014
satelliteDISH:
Yes ooh. i wish the govt should make education free for all. their r so many brillant youths in the street deserving to b first class chaps, yet no one is sponsoring them. GOD bless NIGEria.
there is no free quality education anywhere in the world.you ve to sacrifice one for the other...maybe if grants, student loans and other scholarship schemes are available that will be better!
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by nigerianvenom(m): 10:19am On Dec 29, 2014
olassy239:
gud job @ FG,lemme quickly inform my aunty,hope this is not for campaing

I have a friend who benefitted from this scheme this year,i dont know why d media makes it look new.its not new.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by Pappyto: 10:21am On Dec 29, 2014
grin grin
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by donodion(m): 10:28am On Dec 29, 2014
jboy73:
Why abroad? Why not ahome?

This leaders are putting it to our face that our higher institution is one big failed program... Shiiiiiii!
cos they know the rot at home and ust dont give a damn like their ruler....

1 Like

Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by korel9: 10:39am On Dec 29, 2014
Tunagee:

if u dont have anything to say, why not Bleep of this thread

You sound like someone who life has fvcked really bad.

God punish you if you quote me again
Re: FG To Sponsor 100 First Class Graduates Abroad by ceejay80s(m): 10:41am On Dec 29, 2014
Na dem dem own dem sponsor jare,

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Covenant University Plans To Reduce School Fees....punch Newspaper / Does Lasu Allow Combination Of Results /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.