Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,297 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

How To Correctly End A Year And Face The Future - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / How To Correctly End A Year And Face The Future (588 Views)

Who Called You First In The New Year And Vice Versa / If You Are Asked Not To Talk For A Year And Get 1 Million Dollar? / Happy New Year . . . And A Free £10 O2 Top-up For A Lucky Person (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Correctly End A Year And Face The Future by Adesam02: 9:23am On Dec 29, 2014
In order to embrace the new, we must release the old. A trapeze artist cannot swing from one bar to another without letting go. An important part of preparing for the New Year is to review the past year--to release it--and to learn from it. To go where we wish to go and be whom we wish to be, we need to know where we are and who we are. An honest self-analysis is always helpful to gain clarity. As we end the year, it seems particularly fitting to devote some time to reflecting on the year past and where we find ourselves as the new year dawns. The following questions should stimulate your thinking for this process. I hope that you take time out of your busy schedule to ponder where you are and where you've been. Enter into discussions with people you care about. Write out your thoughts and feelings. Do some journalling. Consider writing a letter--an end-of the-year-epistle to yourself. It could be profound to write it and valuable to read it in the years ahead. Reflect upon what you did, how you felt, what you liked, what you didn't and what you learned. Try to look at yourself and your experience with as much objectivity as you can -- much like a biographer would. Here are some suggestions to get you started in mulling over the outgoing year. Feel free to add your own.
1. What did I learn? (skills, knowledge, awareness', etc.)
2. What did I accomplish? A list of my wins and achievements.
3. What would I have done differently? Why? 4. What did I complete or release? What still feels incomplete to me?
5. What were the most significant events of the year past? List the top three.
6. What did I do right? What do I feel especially good about? What was my greatest contribution?
7. What were the fun things I did? What were the not-so-fun?
8. What were my biggest challenges/roadblocks/ difficulties?
9. How am I different this year than last?
10. For what am I particularly grateful? Another Suggestion: Consider listing all the things in your life of which you'd like to let go--anything you no longer want. Give thanks to God for what they've brought you in terms of learning and usefulness and then burn the list. It's a symbolic gesture to help you release the old and be open to the new. The next step is to list what you DO want- experiences, knowledge, material things, relationships, healings, whatever. In doing this, you'll be using the principle of vacuum -- releasing what you don't want and embracing what you do.

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders "Just Before You Vote" / Airtel Strengthens Network Quality, Boosts Data Coverage For Enterprise Customer / Sometimes God Will Close A Door To Open A Better Door.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.